Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LaGarrette Blount released...

+2
Randell60
diehardsteersfan
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LaGarrette Blount released... Empty LaGarrette Blount released...

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:44 pm

He walked off the field before the game was over last night because he was pissed he didn't get to run the ball.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

LaGarrette Blount released... Empty Re: LaGarrette Blount released...

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:43 pm

and the Browns release Ben Tate for the same reason. cannot tolerate malcontents on the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:49 am

captnbrojangles wrote:and the Browns release Ben Tate for the same reason. cannot tolerate malcontents on the team

Now watch, The Browns will pick up Blount, and the Steelers, Tate....LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:05 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:He walked off the field before the game was over last night because he was pissed he didn't get to run the ball.
Bad move by the Steelers in my opinion. Tomlin and company knew Blount was dysfunctional when they signed him. Tomlin should have taken him under his wing and been a father figure to Blount. Who knows, maybe he did do that. Still, what if Bell gets hurt? The Steelers signed Josh Harris off the practice squad to replace Blount. Good luck with that! Oh, and we have Dri Archer. LOL!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:He walked off the field before the game was over last night because he was pissed he didn't get to run the ball.
Bad move by the Steelers in my opinion. Tomlin and company knew Blount was dysfunctional when they signed him. Tomlin should have taken him under his wing and been a father figure to Blount. Who knows, maybe he did do that. Still, what if Bell gets hurt? The Steelers signed Josh Harris off the practice squad to replace Blount. Good luck with that! Oh, and we have Dri Archer. LOL!!!
 As much as I agree about loosing talent.  I have to think the attitude issue was something they felt they could not allow to bloom. It has been reported all over Pitts area, that Blount had become a very negative person in the locker room.... that more than a few players were happy to see him go.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Admin wrote:
Steely wrote:
 As much as I agree about loosing talent.  I have to think the attitude issue was something they felt they could not allow to bloom. It has been reported all over Pitts area, that Blount had become a very negative person in the locker room.... that more than a few players were happy to see him go.
I don't know all the details. You're probably right. I did read a few of the players were in favor of his release. I hope Bell doesn't get hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Randell60 wrote:
captnbrojangles wrote:and the Browns release Ben Tate for the same reason. cannot tolerate malcontents on the team

snickers

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:45 pm

Admin wrote:
Steely wrote:

There comes a time in our lives that we just have to cut our ties and go our own way.  Sound familiar?    afro

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Randell60 wrote:

Tate was claimed off waivers by the Vikings. At least that will help my fantasy team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:53 am

Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

Tate was claimed off waivers by the Vikings. At least that will help my fantasy team.

I thought I heard Blount is back in New England.
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Randell60 wrote:
Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

You heard correctly.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:55 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:

You heard correctly.

For the veteran minimum.  Chump change.  So he's coming with no delusions, knowing he's lucky to have a job after clearing waivers.  He knows that either he marches to Belichick's beat and accepts whatever role he's given, or he's out the door in the blink of an eye, no loss to the team.  Plus, the leaders in the locker room (Brady, Wilfork, Ninkovitch, O-Line vets) simply won't tolerate any "me, me, me" attitudes.  We'll just wait and see when and where Belichick and McDaniels plug him in.  He'll have to earn it in practice.  I suspect they'll have him do some special teams work to start off.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 am

guppy wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

You heard correctly.

For the veteran minimum.  Chump change.  So he's coming with no delusions, knowing he's lucky to have a job after clearing waivers.  He knows that either he marches to Belichick's beat and accepts whatever role he's given, or he's out the door in the blink of an eye, no loss to the team.  Plus, the leaders in the locker room (Brady, Wilfork, Ninkovitch, O-Line vets) simply won't tolerate any "me, me, me" attitudes.  We'll just wait and see when and where Belichick and McDaniels plug him in.  He'll have to earn it in practice.  I suspect they'll have him do some special teams work to start off.

The Pats have leaders in the lockerroom?
Hee. Hee hee heee.
Yea. They have some real tough guys who'll keep Blount in line.
Aholes either conform or they're sent packing.
Like their best runningback was last year.
Wait..........?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:13 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

You heard correctly.

The Pats have leaders in the lockerroom?

Well, not like the mighty Colts do.  They're sure going to need them (whoever they are) and their (cough cough) Number One rated offense to crank it up this week against the um, mighty 1-9 Jags.   Should be a barn burner. 

Wait, how could I forget?  The Colts lockerroom leader must be tackle Anthony Constanzo.  After the game wasn't the biggest news in Indy his awesome TD dance he copied from a kids video game after catching a fluff one yard pass, even though his team was exposed as soft and getting dominated all game long? 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hee. Hee hee heee.

You said it brother. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Wait, how could I forget?  The Colts lockerroom leader must be tackle Anthony Constanzo.  After the game wasn't the biggest news in Indy his awesome TD dance he copied from a kids video game after catching a fluff one yard pass, even though his team was exposed as soft and getting dominated all game long? 

Anthony Constanzo scored as many points in that game as the great Rob Gronkowski did. And he managed to do it without getting a punkish double personal foul.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:49 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

You heard correctly.
Just an all around bad move by the Steelers.. They made New England a stronger team. We can't beat New England when they're weak. Tom Brady and LeGarette Blount will whoop it up on the Steelers in the playoffs. I can practically see it!

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:02 pm

George1963 wrote:

Anthony Constanzo scored as many points in that game as the great Rob Gronkowski did. And he managed to do it without getting a punkish double personal foul.

The league fined Gronk precisely $8,268.00 for dishing out a little player to player justice on that play.

Money well spent.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:07 pm

guppy wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

You heard correctly.

I'm thinkin you are the kinda guy that starts everyday by jerkin your gerkin to the latest Patriots news report. Whatever Belichick says is just right, whatever Tom Brady does is divine..... stroke, stroke, stroke.... News flash there guppy- this is the Steelers board... we don't care. We think ya got a quittin loser for a player... in fact... if he blows his acl out coming in the front door... we'd laugh...It does not matter what leaders you have.... if your team s such a positive thing.... why didn't the spoiled little child learn something last year and carry it with him?

Last edited by Admin on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

You heard correctly.
Just an all around bad move by the Steelers.. They made New England a stronger team. We can't beat New England when they're weak. Tom Brady and LeGarette Blount will whoop it up on the Steelers in the playoffs. I can practically see it!
So... you advocate keeping someone who is so selfish he walks out on the team during a game.... because he did not get what he wanted? What if he was needed the next week, but didn't want to put out the effort? Since when are professional athletes supposed to let their wants dictate what they do?I personally think NE showed their lack of class for signing him. Quitters should be banned from the NFL.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Admin wrote:
Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

You heard correctly.
So... you advocate keeping someone who is so selfish he walks out on the team during a game.... because he did not get what he wanted? What if he was needed the next week, but didn't want to put out the effort? Since when are professional athletes supposed to let their wants dictate what they do?I personally think NE showed their lack of class for signing him. Quitters should be banned from the NFL.

I agree, I was surprised that Billichick took Blount back.  This doesn't sound like a well run organization that we known in the past.  Reminds me more of a desparate team that is looking for anything to try and get over the hump.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

You heard correctly.

I think that the Steelers offense can hang with the Patriots.  But they'll need to play a nearly flawless game like they did against the Colts.

Last edited by diehardsteersfan on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Admin wrote:

in fact.. if he blows his acl out coming in the front door... we'd laugh...

I'm sure you would.  But that says a whole lot more about you, than it does about him, or me.

why didn't the spoiled little child learn something last year and carry it with him?

I don't know.  But I'd say that's more of a question for your team than mine.  When he finished in NE he was a free agent, free to sign anywhere.  Maybe the better question is, why didn't the Steelers know better what they were getting when they signed him to that contract?  All I was pointing out that after he screwed up in Pittsburgh, Belichick is giving him a shot to come back to NE, but at a team-friendly price, not the player's price.  And any playing time he's going to get is "totally up to him, he has to earn it."  You don't think that's low risk, potential high reward move by Belichick?  All I'm sayin is it will be interesting to see how the player responds to his new no nonsense reality where he surely knows he could be out the door faster than he came in.

Pretty vanilla comments by me.  But whatever.  Next time I'll remember how thin skinned you are and I'll be extra cautious.  Wouldn't want you to blow a gasket.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:45 pm

guppy wrote:
Admin wrote:

in fact.. if he blows his acl out coming in the front door... we'd laugh...

I'm sure you would.  But that says a whole lot more about you, than it does about him, or me.

why didn't the spoiled little child learn something last year and carry it with him?

I don't know.  But I'd say that's more of a question for your team than mine.  When he finished in NE he was a free agent, free to sign anywhere.  Maybe the better question is, why didn't the Steelers know better what they were getting when they signed him to that contract?  All I was pointing out that after he screwed up in Pittsburgh, Belichick is giving him a shot to come back to NE, but at a team-friendly price, not the player's price.  And any playing time he's going to get is "totally up to him, he has to earn it."  You don't think that's low risk, potential high reward move by Belichick?  All I'm sayin is it will be interesting to see how the player responds to his new no nonsense reality where he surely knows he could be out the door faster than he came in.

Pretty vanilla comments by me.  But whatever.  Next time I'll remember how thin skinned you are and I'll be extra cautious.  Wouldn't want you to blow a gasket.

You didn't address the fact, that for the first time in a LONG while... you brought your attitude to the Steeler's Board. You haven't been here all season, you have had nothing to say until YOUR team signed one of OUR rejects. THEN... you come in announcing how freaking great you are...... Now you try to spin it around.... it is the Steelers fault for not motivating a player who has had problems where ever he's been... BUT he will be great because he is signed to the Patriots.... Yea, you showed a LOT of class, intelligence & credibility here... LMFAO.          PS... I won't even attempt to address the subject of sarcastic irony with you. I do not think your mind to be large enough to accept conversation on it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:17 am

Admin wrote:
Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

You heard correctly.
Tomlin and company knew he was dysfunctional from the beginning. Bill Cowher didn't cut Hines Ward when he walked off the field against the Browns on Sunday night about 10 years ago. They showed him walking off on TV.. They should have had a talk with him and maybe suspended him a game or fined him. I had a feeling he would wind up going back to the Patriots.. Belichick will have a talk with him, like the dog whisperer he is and all will be fine. Blount will be a stud in New England once he gets the carries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:18 am

Steely wrote:
Admin wrote:
Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

You heard correctly.
Tomlin and company knew he was dysfunctional from the beginning. Bill Cowher didn't cut Hines Ward when he walked off the field against the Browns on Sunday night about 10 years ago. They showed him walking off on TV.. They should have had a talk with him and maybe suspended him a game or fined him. I had a feeling he would wind up going back to the Patriots.. Belichick will have a talk with him, like the dog whisperer he is and all will be fine. Blount will be a stud in New England once he gets the carries.
 We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think with the amount of youth on the roster. Tomlin had little room in which to work. as far as the Hines thing... different team, different coach, different action. I do not see any problem with Blount as a player. Clearly he is a beast when he is motivated. But that is the problem here...on when or how he is motivated. With the youth on this team, a malcontent could be a cancer. Maybe attitude adjustment throughout the roster was accomplished by letting one player go?  Mind you.... I am not a Tomlin cheerleader. But I do not have a problem with him sending this kind of message to THIS team.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next