Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting spin on Harbaugh's whining

+2
MB20
duck
6 posters

Go down

Interesting spin on Harbaugh's whining Empty Interesting spin on Harbaugh's whining

Post by duck Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:37 am

I'm not so sure I buy into this theory that Harbaugh's whining and ref baiting let to them sticking it to him on this key play. I've watched the replays several times heard it analyzed ad nauseum. I think it was just a good non-call. Crabtree initiated the contact and they both seemed to be jostling with each other.

However, I am loving the fact that Harbaugh is making an ass of himself with all that whining. Gore has joined the pity parade too. They are making major contributions to the legacy of the San Francisco Forty-Niners being the whiniest franchise in the league. From the coaches to the players to the fans, the crying has just begun.

Another interesting subset of the whining is that the Niner fans are crushed because their 5-0 Super Bowl record has gone up in smoke. I try to remind them that a Super Bowl appearance is a positive and therefore, counter-intuitively, a 5-1 record is actually better than 5-0, but I just can't stop their tears.

I'm sure PFKIA can relate to how much fun it is to walk around the streets in the Bay Area with my Packer hat on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Interesting spin on Harbaugh's whining Empty Re: Interesting spin on Harbaugh's whining

Post by MB20 Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:09 pm

duck wrote:I'm not so sure I buy into this theory that Harbaugh's whining and ref baiting let to them sticking it to him on this key play. I've watched the replays several times heard it analyzed ad nauseum. I think it was just a good non-call. Crabtree initiated the contact and they both seemed to be jostling with each other.

However, I am loving the fact that Harbaugh is making an ass of himself with all that whining. Gore has joined the pity parade too. They are making major contributions to the legacy of the San Francisco Forty-Niners being the whiniest franchise in the league. From the coaches to the players to the fans, the crying has just begun.

Another interesting subset of the whining is that the Niner fans are crushed because their 5-0 Super Bowl record has gone up in smoke. I try to remind them that a Super Bowl appearance is a positive and therefore, counter-intuitively, a 5-1 record is actually better than 5-0, but I just can't stop their tears.

I'm sure PFKIA can relate to how much fun it is to walk around the streets in the Bay Area with my Packer hat on.

I don't buy that spin for a minute. It was just consistent with how the whole game was called- they let 'em play. I've also heard some retired WRs say that Crabtree ran a sloppy route, and that was just one of the things that he didn't do in order to draw the flag. Really, the only ones who seem to think this is a controversy are the Niners themselves.

The feeling that I get from Harbaugh, Jim, is that he's one of these guys who better win a ring within the next couple of years, because when his act gets old, it's gonna happen lightning-quick a la Ryan, Rex. That he's doing all this whining and that he choked in the biggest moment of his season might be a hint that for as talented a coach as he is, he isn't championship material. We'll see.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Interesting spin on Harbaugh's whining Empty Re: Interesting spin on Harbaugh's whining

Post by duck Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 pm

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:I'm not so sure I buy into this theory that Harbaugh's whining and ref baiting let to them sticking it to him on this key play. I've watched the replays several times heard it analyzed ad nauseum. I think it was just a good non-call. Crabtree initiated the contact and they both seemed to be jostling with each other.

I don't buy that spin for a minute. It was just consistent with how the whole game was called- they let 'em play. I've also heard some retired WRs say that Crabtree ran a sloppy route, and that was just one of the things that he didn't do in order to draw the flag. Really, the only ones who seem to think this is a controversy are the Niners themselves.

The feeling that I get from Harbaugh, Jim, is that he's one of these guys who better win a ring within the next couple of years, because when his act gets old, it's gonna happen lightning-quick a la Ryan, Rex. That he's doing all this whining and that he choked in the biggest moment of his season might be a hint that for as talented a coach as he is, he isn't championship material. We'll see.

I agree with you for the most part, MB. Jim Harbaugh's stock is still high because in two seasons he took his team to the NFC Championship Game and then the Super Bowl. Not too shabby. However, when victory was in his reach, his play calling sucked and then he turned into a crybaby.

However, the NFL is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business and if his team plateaus or plummets, he could share a similar drop in status as Rex Ryan.

I might add that McCarthy, although I'm still in his corner, could be on the same curve.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

I agree with you for the most part, MB. Jim Harbaugh's stock is still high because in two seasons he took his team to the NFC Championship Game and then the Super Bowl. Not too shabby. However, when victory was in his reach, his play calling sucked and then he turned into a crybaby.

However, the NFL is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business and if his team plateaus or plummets, he could share a similar drop in status as Rex Ryan.

I might add that McCarthy, although I'm still in his corner, could be on the same curve.

MM is an apples-to-oranges comparison. I agree with you that he's got another 2 years of shelf life if he doesn't smarten up and quick. However, if that proves to be the case, it'll be because he never effectively countered the adjustments the better teams made to him, not because he was a whiny douchebag.

Plus, the guy DOES have his ring. No matter what the rest of his Packer career holds, there's that.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:02 pm

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

MM is an apples-to-oranges comparison. I agree with you that he's got another 2 years of shelf life if he doesn't smarten up and quick. However, if that proves to be the case, it'll be because he never effectively countered the adjustments the better teams made to him, not because he was a whiny douchebag.

Plus, the guy DOES have his ring. No matter what the rest of his Packer career holds, there's that.

Oh, agreed. MM does not in any way have the temperamental issues of Harbaugh or the general douchebag issues of Ryan. His shortcoming is, as you suggest, that he sometimes gets outplayed on the chessboard. (Although, to be fair, he wins his share of the battles as well.)

Yeah, that 2010 ring is huge. It's still without a doubt the best Packer season for me -- ever.

I don't think either MM or TT are in any jeopardy whatsoever. Neither is perfect but they've put together a product that should remain competitive for the foreseeable future. Hard to get much better than that.

Of course in this business, you can't rest on your laurels. If things are different in two years, Packer management may very well consider a change.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:28 am

MM's getting outwitted and outcoached. Might have something to do with his new marriage Questiondrunkenbounce (quit bullshitting again Ringo!!).
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:36 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:MM's getting outwitted and outcoached. Might have something to do with his new marriage Questiondrunkenbounce (quit bullshitting again Ringo!!).

Marriage can do that to you. At least this wife I have now is a bona fide Packer backer even if she doesn't know the difference between a kickoff and a punt.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:47 pm

We'll leave it right there Milani LOL LOL LOL.......
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by PackFanKnowItAll Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:50 pm

OMG! This is GREAT!!! HAHAHAHAH! The farty whiners lose! I LOVE it! The best part was how the defender on the opposite side of the field tackled a receiver on the same play and the referee didn't throw a flag! HAHAHAHAH! And you're right, duck: it's SO much fun to strut around in our Packer gear, because even though the Packers were cheated out of the superbowl, people KNOW we're better than them! YEAH!!! It's AWESOME! High five, duck! Us Packer fans, we're the BEST! We've got Aron Rogers, the BEST QB I have EVER seen! Mike Mcarthly is a hall of flame coach, and the Packers have EVERYTHING over the farty whiners going forward. Better at EVERY position! It's not even close! And that 2010 superbowl win? The BEST EVER!! YEAH!! God, it's so AWESOME to be a Packer fan! I hope those farty whiner fans choke on their cheese and whine! HAHAHAHA! High five, duck! YEAH!!
PackFanKnowItAll
PackFanKnowItAll

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:11 pm

PackFanKnowItAll wrote:

OMG! This is GREAT!!! HAHAHAHAH! The farty whiners lose! I LOVE it! The best part was how the defender on the opposite side of the field tackled a receiver on the same play and the referee didn't throw a flag! HAHAHAHAH! And you're right, duck: it's SO much fun to strut around in our Packer gear, because even though the Packers were cheated out of the superbowl, people KNOW we're better than them! YEAH!!! It's AWESOME! High five, duck! Us Packer fans, we're the BEST! We've got Aron Rogers, the BEST QB I have EVER seen! Mike Mcarthly is a hall of flame coach, and the Packers have EVERYTHING over the farty whiners going forward. Better at EVERY position! It's not even close! And that 2010 superbowl win? The BEST EVER!! YEAH!! God, it's so AWESOME to be a Packer fan! I hope those farty whiner fans choke on their cheese and whine! HAHAHAHA! High five, duck! YEAH!!

Thanks, PFKIA! I knew I could count on you to support me in ridiculing that downtrodden Niner franchise. They never did anything before the Walsh blip and, as we saw Sunday, they haven't done anything since. Except lose the Super Bowl, that is. Ha!

Say it with me... the Niners suck... Eddie was a crook... Joe was overrated!

Can you do that, PFKIA? Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Jim haubaugh...is a fucking crybaby. I have no respect for him. Him throwing a tantrum on every play.....shamefull....and disgusting to watch.
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:50 pm

duck wrote:
PackFanKnowItAll wrote:

Thanks, PFKIA! I knew I could count on you to support me in ridiculing that downtrodden Niner franchise. They never did anything before the Walsh blip and, as we saw Sunday, they haven't done anything since. Except lose the Super Bowl, that is. Ha!

Say it with me... the Niners suck... Eddie was a crook... Joe was overrated!

Can you do that, PFKIA? Very Happy

ROTFLMAO. What ever....
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Walsh blip

Joe was overrated

Shhhh! Be vewy vewy quiet... I'm hunting wabbits.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:27 am

Toddseahawks wrote:Jim haubaugh...is a fucking crybaby. I have no respect for him. Him throwing a tantrum on every play.....shamefull....and disgusting to watch.

Apparently he opened a fresh, new bottle of whine on a radio show this week, complaining that a penalty should be a penalty no matter when it occurs in the game.

Obviously, he didn't feel that way about Bowman touching Roddy White in ways that are illegal in every civilized country... or Flacco getting hit way out of bounds in the preceding possession... etc. Still apparently no reflection on the fact that his team got smoked for the first 35 or so minutes of the game or his atrocious last 4 play calls. Low-character douchebag whose team is naturally following suit...

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 pm

MB20 wrote:
Toddseahawks wrote:Jim haubaugh...is a fucking crybaby. I have no respect for him. Him throwing a tantrum on every play.....shamefull....and disgusting to watch.

Apparently he opened a fresh, new bottle of whine on a radio show this week, complaining that a penalty should be a penalty no matter when it occurs in the game.

Obviously, he didn't feel that way about Bowman touching Roddy White in ways that are illegal in every civilized country... or Flacco getting hit way out of bounds in the preceding possession... etc. Still apparently no reflection on the fact that his team got smoked for the first 35 or so minutes of the game or his atrocious last 4 play calls. Low-character douchebag whose team is naturally following suit...

Pathetic.

Just as pathetic is the fact that Harbaugh reflects the mood of Niner fans. They certainly haven't disappointed me in the Bay Area. The discussion here is centered mostly on the PI non-call at the end of the game (not of course all of the other things the Niners failed to do to win). Most of my Niner fan friends truly feel their team got jobbed in the Super Bowl.

Plus, there's that "loss of perfection" thing. A lot of Niner fans are moping because their team isn't a perfect 5-0 in Super Bowls anymore. They seem to feel that the loss tarnished their legacy. I keep telling them that a Super Bowl appearance itself is a good thing... but they won't listen. They wish the Niners had not even played the game. And of course most of these fans did not support their team when it was in the toilet the last two decades... they just pulled their musty old Montana jerseys out of the closet for the game.

Boo fucking hoo.

Worst. Fan. Base. Ever.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by PackFanKnowItAll Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:32 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

Pathetic.

Just as pathetic is the fact that Harbaugh reflects the mood of Niner fans. They certainly haven't disappointed me in the Bay Area. The discussion here is centered mostly on the PI non-call at the end of the game (not of course all of the other things the Niners failed to do to win). Most of my Niner fan friends truly feel their team got jobbed in the Super Bowl.

Plus, there's that "loss of perfection" thing. A lot of Niner fans are moping because their team isn't a perfect 5-0 in Super Bowls anymore. They seem to feel that the loss tarnished their legacy. I keep telling them that a Super Bowl appearance itself is a good thing... but they won't listen. They wish the Niners had not even played the game. And of course most of these fans did not support their team when it was in the toilet the last two decades... they just pulled their musty old Montana jerseys out of the closet for the game.

Boo fucking hoo.

Worst. Fan. Base. Ever.

You are SO spot on, duck! They are HORRIBLE! Nothing like us proud Packer fans. We are as gracious in defeat (when the fix is in because the NFL cannot have their crown jewel win the superbowl every year!) as we when we win! We are very patient too, not jumping on message boards to vent and curse like an angry baby every single time the team does something bad. No, we are a very level-headed fan base that is THE most knowledgeable/successful/smart/funny/good looking in the HISTORY of the human race! God, it's GREAT to be a Packer fan! Those farty whiner fans won't even so much as LOOK in my direction when I am prancing around in my Packers gear. They know better!

That loser Harbough, he's even WORSE. Godell should suspend or expel him! Mike Mcarthly is SUCH a better coach in every way shap and form! He coached the team to the BEST superbowl EVER!!! YEAH!!!

And please don't mention that overrated hack Montanna anymore, ok? He is another loser that got lucky with teams that carried him to superbowl wins. He wasn't even that good in the actual games! It was his supporting cast that got him his stats! He can't even TOUCH Aron Rogers as far as arm strength goes! Aron is the BEST QB I have EVER seen! Amazing, just AMAZING!! High five, duck! Us guys are the BEST!!! YEAH!!!!!!!
PackFanKnowItAll
PackFanKnowItAll

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:25 pm

PackFanKnowItAll wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

Pathetic.

Boo fucking hoo.

Worst. Fan. Base. Ever.

You are SO spot on, duck! They are HORRIBLE! Nothing like us proud Packer fans. We are as gracious in defeat (when the fix is in because the NFL cannot have their crown jewel win the superbowl every year!) as we when we win! We are very patient too, not jumping on message boards to vent and curse like an angry baby every single time the team does something bad. No, we are a very level-headed fan base that is THE most knowledgeable/successful/smart/funny/good looking in the HISTORY of the human race! God, it's GREAT to be a Packer fan! Those farty whiner fans won't even so much as LOOK in my direction when I am prancing around in my Packers gear. They know better!

That loser Harbough, he's even WORSE. Godell should suspend or expel him! Mike Mcarthly is SUCH a better coach in every way shap and form! He coached the team to the BEST superbowl EVER!!! YEAH!!!

And please don't mention that overrated hack Montanna anymore, ok? He is another loser that got lucky with teams that carried him to superbowl wins. He wasn't even that good in the actual games! It was his supporting cast that got him his stats! He can't even TOUCH Aron Rogers as far as arm strength goes! Aron is the BEST QB I have EVER seen! Amazing, just AMAZING!! High five, duck! Us guys are the BEST!!! YEAH!!!!!!!

Well, I finally figured out your secret identity, PFKIA.

You are so busted... Roofer!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Honest to Pete........Roofer. Can this really really be?

GO PACKERs
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:36 pm

duck wrote:
PackFanKnowItAll wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

Pathetic.

Boo fucking hoo.

Worst. Fan. Base. Ever.

Well, I finally figured out your secret identity, PFKIA.

You are so busted... Roofer!

Roofer? At least PFKIA can put a fucking sentence together (okay... the same 3 sentences over and over and over again, but still). Not nearly enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for it to be Roofer.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:35 pm

PFKIA and Roofer share three significant attributes: 1) low intelligence, 2) repetitiveness and 3) shallow sense of humor. I bet PFKIA is a lousy lay too.

How could PFKIA not be Roofer???
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:43 pm

duck wrote:PFKIA and Roofer share three significant attributes: 1) low intelligence, 2) repetitiveness and 3) shallow sense of humor. I bet PFKIA is a lousy lay too.

Like those two have the monopoly on such traits?

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:02 pm

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:PFKIA and Roofer share three significant attributes: 1) low intelligence, 2) repetitiveness and 3) shallow sense of humor. I bet PFKIA is a lousy lay too.

Like those two have the monopoly on such traits?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down