Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quit your whining

2 posters

Go down

Quit your whining Empty Quit your whining

Post by George1963 Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:17 am

It's called the Brady rule, not the Manning rule!

Report: NFL says low hit on Peyton Manning was legal

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Quit your whining Empty Re: Quit your whining

Post by guppy Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:54 pm

George1963 wrote:It's called the Brady rule, not the Manning rule!

Report: NFL says low hit on Peyton Manning was legal

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I thought it was called the Carson Palmer rule. 

But it actually aleady existed.  We're just talking about some little changes to it.

If Manning had any cache in this league, they would have done something for him too. 

Quit whining is right. Very Happy 

After Palmer's knee injury, the NFL's rules committee changed a preexisting rule that prohibited defensive players from hitting a quarterback at or below the knee, with the only exception being that they were blocked into the quarterback. Per John [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

A rushing defensive player won't be allowed to forcibly hit a quarterback below the knees. He has to make every effort to avoid such a low hit. Palmer, Griese and Roethlisberger suffered knee injuries on low hits but those three plays were considered legal by the committee because they involved defensive rushers coming off blocks. Several other plays such as the old Rodney Harrison hit on Trent Green when he was with the Rams along with a Jared Allen low hit on Kerry Collins would be subject to a 15-yard penalty. That proposal passed, 25-7
After Tom Brady's season-ending injury during the Patriots' opening weekend against the Kansas City Chiefs, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The clarification specifically prohibits a defender on the ground who hasn't been blocked or fouled directly into the quarterback from lunging or diving at the quarterback's lower legs.
So while we believe that the league and the teams favors certain players, the hits on Brady and Palmer each resulted in rule changes to an already preexisting rule.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Sure. It's the Palmer rule. Lol.
Rushing the passer didn't utterly change in 2009. 
And if it did it was because of Kimo von Oelhoffen.
You're killin' me!
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:59 pm

George1963 wrote:Sure. It's the Palmer rule. Lol.
You're killin' me!

Did you read my cut and paste from the article or not?  The rule was there.  Then it was modified after the hit on Palmer.  Then it was modified again after the hit on Brady.  As well it should have both times.  All good changes.  Like I told you, if Manning had some cache, he might have gotten a flag for a below the knee hit -- even though as the league explained, the initial contact was above the knee in the thigh, which was the reason for no flag, no fine.  Looks like once again the league has handled everything the right way. Very Happy  

Although Manning's excessive whining at the refs probably should have brought a flag for 15 yards for unsportsmanlike.  Maybe Manning does get some favoritism after all, because they let him get away with that one. Very Happy 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:12 pm

guppy wrote:
You're killin' me!

Did you read my cut and paste from the article or not?  The rule was there.  Then it was modified after the hit on Palmer.  Then it was modified again after the hit on Brady.  As well it should have both times.  All good changes.  Like I told you, if Manning had some cache, he might have gotten a flag for a below the knee hit -- even though as the league explained, the initial contact was above the knee in the thigh, which was the reason for no flag, no fine.  Looks like once again the league has handled everything the right way. Very Happy  

Yes Gup, I read your cut and pastes. Bothe of them. Did you? One of them references THE BRADY RULE.

Although Manning's excessive whining at the refs probably should have brought a flag for 15 yards for unsportsmanlike.  Maybe Manning does get some favoritism after all, because they let him get away with that one. Very Happy 

Manning was whining, rightly so, that he shouldn't have to leave the field since he, not the ref, had called a timeout. He wasn't whining for a personal foul. Or "Bradying" as it's commonly known.
You've won me over though. There is no Brady rule. No Welker rule either. The Pats have never had a game flexed, or not flexed, to their advantage. They have no influence over the schedule and have never had evidence quashed, an investigation dropped, a scandal downplayed, or a controversy squelched.
They don't have the power. 
Bob Kraft is the most impotent owner in all sport.
No power whatsoever. 
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:16 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
You're killin' me!

Yes Gup, I read your cut and pastes. Bothe of them. Did you? One of them references THE BRADY RULE.

Manning was whining, rightly so, that he shouldn't have to leave the field since he, not the ref, had called a timeout. He wasn't whining for a personal foul. Or "Bradying" as it's commonly known.
You've won me over though. There is no Brady rule. No Welker rule either. The Pats have never had a game flexed, or not flexed, to their advantage. They have no influence over the schedule and have never had evidence quashed, an investigation dropped, a scandal downplayed, or a controversy squelched.
They don't have the power. 
Bob Kraft is the most impotent owner in all sport.
No power whatsoever. 

G., I'm just messing around.  

I know Manning called the timeout, and that's what he was yappin about.  I knew that.

I just wanted to see if you did.  Very Happy 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:00 am

G., I'm just messing around.  

I know Manning called the timeout, and that's what he was yappin about.  I knew that.

I just wanted to see if you did.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I knew what he was blubbering about.  I watched his act for a long time.
Eff him.

Mad 
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:43 am

George1963 wrote:G., I'm just messing around.  

I just wanted to see if you did.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I knew what he was blubbering about.  I watched his act for a long time.
Eff him.

Mad 

I knew you knew.  
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down