Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse charges

+5
milani
throttleplate
JhnK307
~Sheila~
RagnarLodbrok2
9 posters

Go down

Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse charges Empty Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse charges

Post by RagnarLodbrok2 Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:03 pm

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse charges

Sep 12th 2014 4:34PM [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has reportedly been indicted for child abuse.

Peterson has been charged in suburban Houston with reckless or negligent injury to a child, according to local television station [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The Pro Bowl tailback has retained attorney Rusty Hardin, who was made famous for representing seven-time Cy Young Award winning pitcher Roger Clemens in a perjury trial.

Hardin declined comment when reached by the station.

Details surrounding evidence that led to the indictment and Peterson's whereabouts are not known at this time.

Officials have declined to comment further on the case while they wait for Peterson to turn himself in. His playing status for this weekend is unclear.

AOL News was unable to reach either Peterson or a Vikings team representative for further comment.

The charges come one year after a child fathered by Peterson in North Dakota was beaten to death by the mother's boyfriend. The boy was only two-years-old.
RagnarLodbrok2
RagnarLodbrok2
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse charges Empty Re: Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse charges

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:24 pm

RagnarLodbrok2 wrote:

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse charges

Sep 12th 2014 4:34PM [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has reportedly been indicted for child abuse.

Peterson has been charged in suburban Houston with reckless or negligent injury to a child, according to local television station [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The Pro Bowl tailback has retained attorney Rusty Hardin, who was made famous for representing seven-time Cy Young Award winning pitcher Roger Clemens in a perjury trial.

Hardin declined comment when reached by the station.

Details surrounding evidence that led to the indictment and Peterson's whereabouts are not known at this time.

Officials have declined to comment further on the case while they wait for Peterson to turn himself in. His playing status for this weekend is unclear.

AOL News was unable to reach either Peterson or a Vikings team representative for further comment.

The charges come one year after a child fathered by Peterson in North Dakota was beaten to death by the mother's boyfriend. The boy was only two-years-old.

I remember the story of when the mother's boyfriend was arrested.  Interesting now that Peterson has been indicted.  Curious to see why?  :/
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse charges Empty Re: Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse charges

Post by JhnK307 Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:47 pm

The charge has also been [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who adds that Peterson is cooperating and has turned himself into custody.
According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the charge stems from an incident in which Peterson disciplined his son with a branch.
Rapoport adds that the investigation has been going on for a while and that Peterson testified before a grand jury "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the child was visiting Peterson in May. After returning home to Minnesota, the child's mother noticed injuries and took the child to a doctor. The doctor then reported the injuries to authorities in Texas.
TMZ adds that Child Protective Services is involved in a case with Peterson and "an 11-year-old boy," although it is not confirmed if this is the same child.
Peterson's attorney declined comment to Fox 26.
At this point, it is unclear if Peterson will be available to play this weekend. According to Glazer, the team is still weighing its options.
The Vikings [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: "The Vikings are in the process of gathering information regarding the legal situation involving Adrian Peterson. At this time, we will defer further questions to Adrian's attorney Rusty Hardin."
Another child of Peterson [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. That child did not live with Peterson, and another man was charged in that death.
JhnK307
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:11 pm

AD has been deactivated for sundays game.I looked at the pics from the police department of some of the injuries on the kids leg and arm and according to the report the cuts were a week old allredy and i see some nasty gashes.I as a child growing up in the 70s era my dad used to spank me with a belt all the time when i screwed up but i never had cuts or welts from it nor did he hit me anywhere but my butt.Now my whippins did hurt and sting but i believe along with the years i served in the military shaped me into the respectfull person i am today

I cant see anything good for AD coming out of this since the Ray Rice deal and since they have his messages he left to the boys mom from AD explaining what he did and why and the extant of the injuries will be hard to let this go unpunished,especially the response from AD about hitting his son in the ballsack,OUCH.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:38 pm

I found this extremely hard to believe or understand. AP is loved and respected by his teammates and opponents alike. I certainly hope this is a case of mistaken identity. But if it is not, this certainly is a horrific and tragic story and you ask yourself why.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:56 pm

throttleplate wrote:AD has been deactivated for sundays game.I looked at the pics from the police department of some of the injuries on the kids leg and arm and according to the report the cuts were a week old allredy and i see some nasty gashes.I as a child growing up in the 70s era my dad used to spank me with a belt all the time when i screwed up but i never had cuts or welts from it nor did he hit me anywhere but my butt.Now my whippins did hurt and sting but i believe along with the years i served in the military shaped me into the respectfull person i am today

I cant see anything good for AD coming out of this since the Ray Rice deal and since they have his messages he left to the boys mom from AD explaining what he did and why and the extant of the injuries will be hard to let this go unpunished,especially the response from AD about hitting his son in the ballsack,OUCH.

I know this is defined into today's society as abuse. But in the medieval times I grew up I could name about a dozen nuns who were guilty of just as much and never were indicted. The world has turned. I hope it's for the better.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by j82053 Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:51 pm

As much as I like AD. I have no idea why a person would beat a 4 year old like that. Those pictures were horrible.

j82053

Back to top Go down

Post by j82053 Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:51 pm

I should say the picture.

j82053

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:49 am

milani wrote:I found this extremely hard to believe or understand. AP is loved and respected by his teammates and opponents alike. I certainly hope this is a case of mistaken identity. But if it is not, this certainly is a horrific and tragic story and you ask yourself why.
Why? Because many violent sociopaths who are in phenomenal physical condition play the game. And sometimes, they do violent, sociopath things off the field because that's who they are.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:01 am

milani wrote:
throttleplate wrote:AD has been deactivated for sundays game.I looked at the pics from the police department of some of the injuries on the kids leg and arm and according to the report the cuts were a week old allredy and i see some nasty gashes.I as a child growing up in the 70s era my dad used to spank me with a belt all the time when i screwed up but i never had cuts or welts from it nor did he hit me anywhere but my butt.Now my whippins did hurt and sting but i believe along with the years i served in the military shaped me into the respectfull person i am today

I know this is defined into today's society as abuse. But in the medieval times I grew up I could name about a dozen nuns who were guilty of just as much and never were indicted. The world has turned. I hope it's for the better.

Sometimes, I do wonder if the world is changing for the better??  The world is a scary place these days.   :/
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:36 am

it now looks like AD will never again suit up for the queens as he has been put on the suspension list again untill he clears up his problem and then next year he will probably be released as he is due about 13 million
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:29 am

throttleplate wrote:it now looks like AD will never again suit up for the queens as he has been put on the suspension list again untill he clears up his problem and then next year he will probably be released as he is due about 13 million
The "Commissioner's Permission" list? What the fuck even is that? Didn't they institute some domestic violence protocol last week? Why aren't they using it?

I'm not sticking up for what AD allegedly did. But I hate the fact that this case and Ray Rice's case show that the NFL is clearly just making up policy as they go along, and that they give far more fucks about public opinion than they do about abused kids and getting their cash cow abusers some help. The actions of the teams themselves reflect this, too. That the NFL had no defined policy on domestic violence long before this shows what a regressive organization it really is when it comes to anything other than making money- it's not as if they had no idea they've had shitloads of guys like this in their league over the years.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RagnarLodbrok2 Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:36 am

BY JON KRAWCZYNSKI
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - After a day of public pressure from angry fans and concerned sponsors, the Minnesota Vikings have reversed course and placed star running back Adrian Peterson on the exempt-commissioner's permission list, a move that will require him to stay away from the team while he addresses child abuse charges in Texas.
The Vikings made the announcement early Wednesday morning, about a day and a half after initially deciding that Peterson could play with the team while the legal process played out. Peterson is charged with a felony for using a wooden switch to spank his 4-year-old son.
The Vikings came under heavy criticism for their initial stance. Several sponsors responded by either suspending their deals with the Vikings or severing ties with Peterson.
"While we were trying to make a balanced decision yesterday, after further reflection we have concluded that this resolution is best for the Vikings and for Adrian," owners Zygi and Mark Wilf said in a statement. "We want to be clear: we have a strong stance regarding the protection and welfare of children, and we want to be sure we get this right. At the same time we want to express our support for Adrian and acknowledge his seven-plus years of outstanding commitment to this organization and this community."
The stunning reversal comes after a harrowing day on Tuesday that included the Radisson hotel chains suspending its sponsorship with the Vikings.
Castrol Motor Oil, Special Olympics Minnesota and Mylan Inc. all severed ties with Peterson, and Twin Cities Nike stores pulled Peterson's jerseys from its shelves.
In addition, Anheuser-Busch issued a strongly worded statement that said it was disappointed in the way the NFL was handling all of the negative attention surrounding former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice's assault of his then-fiancee, and Peterson's arrest for child abuse.
Peterson has said he was disciplining his son and didn't intend to hurt him.
"This is the best possible outcome given the circumstances," Peterson's agent, Ben Dogra, told The Associated Press. "Adrian understands the gravity of the situation and this enables him to take care of his personal situation. We fully support Adrian and he looks forward to watching his teammates and coaches being successful during his absence."
The Vikings said they had deliberations with the NFL over the previous two days and informed the league they were revisiting the situation.
"After giving the situation additional thought, we have decided this is the appropriate course of action for the organization and for Adrian," the Wilfs said. "We are always focused on trying to make the right decision as an organization.
"We embrace our role - and the responsibilities that go with it - as a leader in the community, as a business partner and as an organization that can build bridges with our fans and positively impact this great region. We appreciate and value the input we have received from our fans, our partners and the community."
RagnarLodbrok2
RagnarLodbrok2
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by ILvLamp Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:17 pm

MB20 wrote:
throttleplate wrote:it now looks like AD will never again suit up for the queens as he has been put on the suspension list again untill he clears up his problem and then next year he will probably be released as he is due about 13 million
The "Commissioner's Permission" list? What the fuck even is that? Didn't they institute some domestic violence protocol last week? Why aren't they using it?

I'm not sticking up for what AD allegedly did. But I hate the fact that this case and Ray Rice's case show that the NFL is clearly just making up policy as they go along, and that they give far more fucks about public opinion than they do about abused kids and getting their cash cow abusers some help. The actions of the teams themselves reflect this, too. That the NFL had no defined policy on domestic violence long before this shows what a regressive organization it really is when it comes to anything other than making money- it's not as if they had no idea they've had shitloads of guys like this in their league over the years.

You are the Marilyn Munster of Packer fans, MB. As always, you offer another well-reasoned perspective. Here's how I feel...I really can't get past those photos that were leaked to the media regarding the abuse (my personal opinion is that it's abuse). Obviously AD went too far, and he needs to face consequences for what he's done. Having said that, it bothers me that he was tried and sentenced by the media, potiticians and corporate sponsers cuz essentially that's what happened here. He should have been able to play until the legal protocol played out. Personally, I'm glad that he won't be representing a team that I cheer for, but I still think he should have been able to have his day in court before his career was killed whether I believe it was abuse or not. As for offering some type of program for abuse in the NFL, I can't believe there hasn't been one in place either. A suspension isn't going to stop the abusers--duh--it's much deeper than that.  

ILvLamp
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:28 pm

which packer is gonna be found out?some woman,child sittin home calling 1-800-lawyer as we speak.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:31 pm

ILvLamp wrote:
MB20 wrote:

You are the Marilyn Munster of Packer fans, MB. As always, you offer another well-reasoned perspective. Here's how I feel...I really can't get past those photos that were leaked to the media regarding the abuse (my personal opinion is that it's abuse). Obviously AD went too far, and he needs to face consequences for what he's done. Having said that, it bothers me that he was tried and sentenced by the media, potiticians and corporate sponsers cuz essentially that's what happened here. He should have been able to play until the legal protocol played out. Personally, I'm glad that he won't be representing a team that I cheer for, but I still think he should have been able to have his day in court before his career was killed whether I believe it was abuse or not. As for offering some type of program for abuse in the NFL, I can't believe there hasn't been one in place either. A suspension isn't going to stop the abusers--duh--it's much deeper than that.  
Geez ILvLamp....you could have gotten the same perspective (MB and yours) from someone on the Vikings board. Do you ever even check that venue out...hmm? lol

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:43 pm

ILvLamp wrote:
MB20 wrote:

Public figures are always sentenced by the media before a trial begins. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:39 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
ILvLamp wrote:
MB20 wrote:

As long as we... the general public, allow the media to decide what we believe.... these things will continue to be brought to us in this fashion. I question.... what happened to the American viewpoint that we are innocent until proven guilty? Does due process not apply to ALL Americans? EVEN those in the public eye?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:20 pm

Admin wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
ILvLamp wrote:
MB20 wrote:

As long as we... the general public, allow the media to decide what we believe.... these things will continue to be brought to us in this fashion. I question.... what happened to the American viewpoint that we are innocent until proven guilty? Does due process not apply to ALL Americans? EVEN those in the public eye?

"Innocent until proven guilty", I feel that has gone out the window just like the rotary phone! Seems like everyone is prosecuted before the trial even beings.  It's why there is always such an uproar when the jury finds someone innocent, because most of society has already convicted them of their crime.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:13 pm

Admin wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
ILvLamp wrote:
MB20 wrote:

the public eye seen with their own eyes and heard from the boys mother via saved texts that AD admitted to hitting the boy and also admitted to hitting him in the scrotom.I think that is enough as AD hung himself and used his own rope.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down