Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shit, shit, shit...

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shit, shit, shit... - Page 2 Empty Re: Shit, shit, shit...

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:37 am

duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:Dear MB and HD,

As you have both already decided to jump to Week 10 of the NFL season here in Week 3 of the Pre-Season by insisting on waving around the fickle-finger of death on the Packers, their woeful management, and should-be-fired coaching staff, please allow me, on behalf of the VAST MAJORITY OF PACKER FANS wish you both a sincere and heart-felt "fuck off and die".

BTW, shouldn't both of you being doing just that? Clearly there's nothing here this season for you except misery. 
Personally, if all you have to offer is this warm shit day after day I am done with you both.
Enjoy the circle jerk of bitter cum, boys. I'm off to watch some football and have a couple of beers.

Regrettably, JnC, you expose yourself as a garden-variety homer by your empty pockets time after time that objectivity demands that reality be paid her tax.  In the like minds of your breed, that makes you somehow a greater fan, when in reality--maintaining allegiance to something--anything while maintaining open eyes--is the greatest allegiance of all for it is informed and unconditional. Reluctance to acknowledge or accept flaw and thus maintain a delusional alternate reality drunk on the cool-aid and unacknowledging of flaw ultimately reflects the fragility of your allegiance...  

Oh, what total horseshit.

It's the goddamn preseason, dickhead. I wouldn't begrudge even Jets fans a sense of optimism at this point of the season.

Outside of the Queens fans making their annual mantle-clearing space for the Lombardi, IT'S FUCKING NORMAL.
As opposed to the abnormal: a fan of a yearly playoff-bound club who can't stop bitching about his half-empty glass of Dom Perignone.

Look, I had my knee scoped on Friday. As such, I apologize for being a touch crabby and not being my usual sweetie-pie self while I crunch Oxycontin between my molars, but really, this never-ending negativity is a drag. Especially in Week 3 of the Pre-Season.

In other words, lighten up, Francis.

Sorry to hear that, JnC.  Did you injure it recently?

He banged it on the card table during the climax in the fourth movement of his most recent symphony on the skin flute...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:34 pm

HD, you sure enjoy being a happy idiot. And I know nothing I could say would ever break your grip on it.

That said, the 13-0 Packer win streak of 3 years ago despite their horrible defensive play hardly equals Raji and Tretter's injuries pointing to a systematic failure in the Packer's organization which will prevent them from becoming champions under McCarthy and Thompson.

It's an apples and oranges comparison if there ever was one. I know, I know, you have made a bold predictive statement and will let no amount of logic stand between you and your foregone conclusion. We know the drill.

Whatever, man. Hope that and a blanket keeps you warm at night.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:45 pm

JnC4GB wrote:HD, you sure enjoy being a happy idiot. And I know nothing I could say would ever break your grip on it.

That said, the 13-0 Packer win streak of 3 years ago despite their horrible defensive play hardly equals Raji and Tretter's injuries pointing to a systematic failure in the Packer's organization which will prevent them from becoming champions under McCarthy and Thompson.

It's an apples and oranges comparison if there ever was one. I know, I know, you have made a bold predictive statement and will let no amount of logic stand between you and your foregone conclusion. We know the drill.

2/10    Rolling Eyes

Not even a nice try.  We were talking about your delusional homerism and refusal to acknowledge reality, remember?  That's where the comparison is drawn.

Better go off label with the dosage, man.  It's not only your leg and your dick that is limp(ing)...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:41 pm

JnC4GB wrote:HD, you sure enjoy being a happy idiot. And I know nothing I could say would ever break your grip on it.

HD is like Don Quixote battling windmills. He'll jump on any pretext to rag on Fatty and Whitey... and suggest that anyone who doesn't share the same jaundiced opinion is a homer.

Are they perfect? Fuck no. But overall I'm very happy with the decisions they've made over the years and the product they put on the field. And I expect the Packers to contend again this year, despite the recent spate of injuries.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:54 pm

duck wrote:

HD is like Don Quixote battling windmills.  He'll jump on any pretext to rag on Fatty and Whitey... and suggest that anyone who doesn't share the same jaundiced opinion is a homer.

Are they perfect?  Fuck no.  But overall I'm very happy with the decisions they've made over the years and the product they put on the field.  And I expect the Packers to contend again this year, despite the recent spate of injuries.

What's your opinion on the outcome of McCarthy's training philosopy whereby you limit contact and practices in pads with the intent to limit injury, Duck?  Does that sound like an astute strategy and in your opinion does it seeme to be succeeding?  Straightforward question, Duck...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:35 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

HD is like Don Quixote battling windmills.  He'll jump on any pretext to rag on Fatty and Whitey... and suggest that anyone who doesn't share the same jaundiced opinion is a homer.

Are they perfect?  Fuck no.  But overall I'm very happy with the decisions they've made over the years and the product they put on the field.  And I expect the Packers to contend again this year, despite the recent spate of injuries.

What's your opinion on the outcome of McCarthy's training philosopy whereby you limit contact and practices in pads with the intent to limit injury, Duck?  Does that sound like an astute strategy and in your opinion does it seeme to be succeeding?  Straightforward question, Duck...

My short direct answer...

Football is a violent sport in which injuries are inevitable. If you minimize the amount of full contact practices, it makes perfect sense to me that you will keep the bodies fresher and thus minimize injuries. So, yes, I agree with McCarthy's logic.

Do I think this policy has created more injuries to the Packers? No, to the contrary, I believe it has probably reduced injuries in practice and minimized wear and tear on the players.

I also know that McCarthy, Thompson and everyone in the Packers organization is fully aware of the injury situation and committed to finding ways of reducing them, if possible. In this regard they are likely five or six steps ahead of you or me... or any fan with a limited vantage point.

I think the Packers' woes have essentially been the result of bad luck and not any systematic program by McCarthy... and I think you're just barking up the wrong tree.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:43 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Football is a violent sport in which injuries are inevitable.  If you minimize the amount of full contact practices, it makes perfect sense to me that you will keep the bodies fresher and thus minimize injuries.  So, yes, I agree with McCarthy's logic.

Do I think this policy has created more injuries to the Packers?  No, to the contrary, I believe it has probably reduced injuries in practice and minimized wear and tear on the players.

I also know that McCarthy, Thompson and everyone in the Packers organization is fully aware of the injury situation and committed to finding ways of reducing them, if possible.  In this regard they are likely five or six steps ahead of you or me... or any fan with a limited vantage point.

I think the Packers' woes have essentially been the result of bad luck and not any systematic program by McCarthy... and I think you're just barking up the wrong tree.
 Amazing.  Thanks for your honesty, Duck...  You're so obviously wrong--it's truly stunning...  Is this what i have to look forward to when I hit 60?  I can now better see why you are such an ardent follower of the likes of McFatty...and not someone with a clue, like Bill Belichick, for example...   Laughing

Last edited by _HD_ on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:09 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Football is a violent sport in which injuries are inevitable.  If you minimize the amount of full contact practices, it makes perfect sense to me that you will keep the bodies fresher and thus minimize injuries.  So, yes, I agree with McCarthy's logic.

Do I think this policy has created more injuries to the Packers?  No, to the contrary, I believe it has probably reduced injuries in practice and minimized wear and tear on the players.

I also know that McCarthy, Thompson and everyone in the Packers organization is fully aware of the injury situation and committed to finding ways of reducing them, if possible.  In this regard they are likely five or six steps ahead of you or me... or any fan with a limited vantage point.

Amazing.  Thanks for your honesty, Duck...  You're so obviously wrong--it's truly stunning...  Is this what i have to look forward to when I hit 60?  I can now better see why you are such an ardent follower of the likes of McFatty...and not someone like Bill Belichick, for example...   Laughing

Please explain to me exactly how any kind of training habits would have changed the injury to Tretter's knee, Raji's biscep, Rodgers' collarbone, and Matthews' thumb.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:19 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Amazing.  Thanks for your honesty, Duck...  You're so obviously wrong--it's truly stunning...  Is this what i have to look forward to when I hit 60?  I can now better see why you are such an ardent follower of the likes of McFatty...and not someone like Bill Belichick, for example...   Laughing

Please explain to me exactly how any kind of training habits would have changed the injury to Tretter's knee, Raji's biscep, Rodgers' collarbone, and Matthews' thumb.

Like with JnC on this topic--you either have a clue or you don't, Duck...  You obviously were placed in the *left lacking* bin on this one...  The logic is so fundamental..and the outcomes so supportive--I find myself having to readjust my opinion of you two chucklers in even having to address this question...

It's very simple Duck.  I've said it many times--you practice the way you play...and I'm hardly the only one who sees this.  You don't prepare the body for withstanding contact--by withholding contact.  I simply can't believe you two chucklers don't get that...but I am amused nonetheless...   Laughing

Belichick blames increased injuries on practice limits
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on December 26, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AP
Bill Belichick is notoriously tight-lipped when it comes to discussing injuries on his own team. However, he does have an opinion about the number of injuries occurring league-wide in recent seasons.
Belichick blames the new rules restricting practices and contact adopted under the new CBA as contributing to players [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the rigors of games and the season as a whole.
“I’m in favor of total preparation for the players for the season,” Belichick said during a conference call with Buffalo reporters, via John Wawrow of the Associated Press. “And I think that’s been changed significantly and, I would say, not necessarily for the better when you look at the injury numbers.”
Belichick said he was citing specific numbers indicating injuries have increased in recent seasons. An NFL spokesman disputed Belichick’s assertions saying the league monitors injury rates and there “is no evidence” that the rule changes have affected the number of injuries.
Among the changes to practice rules are no more two-a-day practices in training camp, limits on full-pads practices and a reduction in the number of offseason practices.
The Patriots have lost six starters to injured reserve this season. Belichick says the numbers back up his claim that injuries have increased and he doesn’t think it’s a coincidence as to why.
“When you see the number as high as they are, then I don’t think that’s a randomness that’s been two years in a row,” Belichick said. “I’ve got to think there’s some correlation there.”

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:34 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Like with JnC on this topic--you either have a clue or you don't, Duck...  You obviously were placed in the *left lacking* bin on this one...  The logic is so fundamental..and the outcomes so supportive--I find myself having to readjust my opinion of you two chucklers in even having to address this question...

It's very simple Duck.  I've said it many times--you practice the way you play...and I'm hardly the only one who sees this.  You don't prepare the body for withstanding contact--by withholding contact.  I simply can't believe you two chucklers don't get that...but I am amused nonetheless...   Laughing

AP
Bill Belichick is notoriously tight-lipped when it comes to discussing injuries on his own team. However, he does have an opinion about the number of injuries occurring league-wide in recent seasons.
Belichick blames the new rules restricting practices and contact adopted under the new CBA as contributing to players [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the rigors of games and the season as a whole.
“I’m in favor of total preparation for the players for the season,” Belichick said during a conference call with Buffalo reporters, via John Wawrow of the Associated Press. “And I think that’s been changed significantly and, I would say, not necessarily for the better when you look at the injury numbers.”
Belichick said he was citing specific numbers indicating injuries have increased in recent seasons. An NFL spokesman disputed Belichick’s assertions saying the league monitors injury rates and there “is no evidence” that the rule changes have affected the number of injuries.
Among the changes to practice rules are no more two-a-day practices in training camp, limits on full-pads practices and a reduction in the number of offseason practices.
The Patriots have lost six starters to injured reserve this season. Belichick says the numbers back up his claim that injuries have increased and he doesn’t think it’s a coincidence as to why.
“When you see the number as high as they are, then I don’t think that’s a randomness that’s been two years in a row,” Belichick said. “I’ve got to think there’s some correlation there.”

OK, so Belichick says one thing and the league counters by saying they monitor the injury rates and find there is no evidence that the rule changes have affected the number of injuries.  Charge-counter charge.  Big deal.

And all of a sudden you shift the focus from Green Bay to the entire league?  If it's a league-wide phenomenon, why all the Fatty bashing?

Here's my take that will explain some of it.  More injuries are being REPORTED than ever before.  In years past players used to play through a variety of injuries, including concussions.  Now, with the emphasis on player safety, everything gets reported and coaches are more cautious about putting players on the field who are hurt.

You just have a burr up your butt about Fatty.  Own up to it.  Very Happy

Last edited by duck on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:58 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

AP

OK, so Belichick says one thing and the league counters by saying they monitor the injury rates and find there is no evidence that the rule changes have affected the humber of injuries.  Charge-counter charge.  Big deal.

And all of a sudden you shift the focus from Green Bay to the entire league?  If it's a league-wide phenomenon, why all the Fatty bashing?

Here's my take that will explain some of it.  More injuries are being REPORTED than ever before.  In years past players used to play through a variety of injuries, including concussions.  Now, with the emphasis on player safety, everything gets reported and coaches are more cautious about putting players on the field who are hurt.

You just have a burr up your butt about Fatty.  Own up to it.  Very Happy

Of course I do.  Duh?  Do you think I LIKE watching Dolts react to MAJOR issues on my team that are wholly addressable by fucking DOUBLING DOWN with the WRONG strategy?  The dude is SO fucking slow--he's like a ricksaw driver on the autobahn with some of this shit--and there you are--doing high leg kicks and exposing your beaver pelt over his idiocy to such an extent that your spandex bike shorts have more racing stripes than the pavement...  LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:28 pm

You just have a burr up your butt about Fatty. Own up to it.

Of course I do. Duh? Do you think I LIKE watching Dolts react to MAJOR issues on my team that are wholly addressable by fucking DOUBLING DOWN with the WRONG strategy? The dude is SO fucking slow--he's like a ricksaw driver on the autobahn with some of this shit--and there you are--doing high leg kicks and exposing your beaver pelt over his idiocy to such an extent that your spandex bike shorts have more racing stripes than the pavement... LOL.

In the last day or two, all you've done is rant and rant... but you haven't succeeded in proving a damn thing. There is no conclusive proof one way or the other that Green Bay's practice policy has contributed to the high injury rate. It's merely your theory.

You seem to think it's intuitively logical that practicing in pads with high-velocity collisions will reduce the number of injuries but the opposite seems logical to me. I endorse McCarthy's approach.

Furthermore, your assertion that McCarthy and Thompson are idiots is simply ludicrous. As I mentioned earlier, there is no doubt they (and the entire Packer training staff) been observing the players, monitoring the practices, and studying the problem for a while. We're not talking the McMillen Lions here, we're talking the Green Bay Packers, arguably the most successful football franchise in the post-salary cap era, an soundly-run heirarchically-correct organization fully committed to winning.

Why should I disregard their professional opinions in favor of a guy on the internet, who doesn't see what happens on the practice field, is not in touch with other coaches around the league, and sometimes doesn't even watch Packer games on TV but listens to them on the radio?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Belichick's Patriots are the other most injured consistent playoff contender by your own cited statistics, fartknocker.

What a surprise that you want your dick and to eat it too.  monkey
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2