Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JETS HAVE GOOD TRACK RECORD WITH TRADES

2 posters

Go down

JETS HAVE GOOD TRACK RECORD WITH TRADES Empty JETS HAVE GOOD TRACK RECORD WITH TRADES

Post by LRJets Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:02 am

Jets have good track record with trades

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]But will it be the best trade? That remains to be seen.

The Jets have made several big-name trades over the past five years. Here are the notable ones, courtesy of ESPN's Stats and Information:

• March 2007: Acquired [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & 2nd-round pick from Bears for 2nd-round pick
  • February 2008: Acquired Kris Jenkins from Panthers for 3rd & 5th-round picks
  • August 2008: Acquired Brett Favre & 7th-round pick from Packers for 3rd-round pick
  • February 2009: Acquired [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & 5th-round pick from Eagles for 5th-round pick and 2010 4th-round pick
  • October 2009: Acquired [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from Browns for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & 3rd and 5th-round picks
  • March 2010: Acquired [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from Chargers for 2nd-round pick
  • April 2010: Acquired [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from Steelers for 5th-round pick
  • March 2012: Acquired Tim Tebow & 7th-round pick from Broncos for 4th & 6th-round picks

This is a solid track record with trades. Many have worked out for the Jets, at least to some degree. I would say the Jones and Jenkins trades probably brought back the most production. The Holmes and Cromartie trades also brought back two starters.

Where the Tebow trade fits in this remains to be seen. New York didn't give up much for Tebow -- just a fourth and a sixth-rounder -- but Tebow is a backup quarterback. Tebow’s toughness, character and athleticism will certainly add something to the Jets. New York just has to control the circus atmosphere and the potential for a quarterback controversy that comes with it.

Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as the starter to make the Tebow trade work. If Sanchez is throwing well, that allows Tebow to run and do the Wildcat packages well. That combination could be trouble for the AFC East and the rest of New York's opponents next season.

"If nothing else, you have to prepare for it and spend time on it," Bills head coach Chan Gailey said at the owners meetings. "It takes preparation away from the base offense. If nothing else, it's a thorn in your side in preparation as far as how much time you give to it and what you're going to do against it."

Will the Tebow trade be among the best moves the Jets made in recent years? There is potential for everything to fall in place -- and apart -- for New York.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

JETS HAVE GOOD TRACK RECORD WITH TRADES Empty Re: JETS HAVE GOOD TRACK RECORD WITH TRADES

Post by wassejet Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:08 am

LRJets wrote:Jets have good track record with trades......

I would disagree with this article. I don't consider it a good trade when the person you traded for comes here, shows flashes, gets injured and is gone after a year or two, especially when they have many more playing years left. Yes, Thomas Jones was a great trade, but that's where I'd draw the line. Favre, IMO, was a disaster, a waste of a whole year. Jenkins, as great as he played while healthy, wasn't healthy enough to make an impact. Cromartie is okay but has not played on the all-pro level we expected. You have to wonder what that second rd. pick might have turned into today. Holmes had an excellent first season, but the blow up at the end of last year means the jury is still out on him. Shepard, IMO played okay opposite Revis, but if he was so good why didn't he stay with the Jets longer? Ideally, when you trade for a player, you should expect someone who'll help the club for more than two years down the road. That's what makes a good trade.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

JETS HAVE GOOD TRACK RECORD WITH TRADES Empty Re: JETS HAVE GOOD TRACK RECORD WITH TRADES

Post by LRJets Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:35 pm

I posted the article without my opinions. I agree about Favre. It was a quick non-fix. I'm still angry that Mangini, after knowing about Favre's injury still played him. I guess he felt a damaged marquee name is better than another player. The Jets racked up a nice W-L record until the last five games of successive losses. Maybe we could have gone somewhere that season with a change.

Mangini paid for it with his job.

The Jets paid for it.

The fans paid for it.

And Favre rode out of town with his cool $12 million.

I was sorry when Leon Washington and Thomas Jones were gone. Jones reminded me of the explosiveness of Joe Morris, the Giant of Super Bowl fame, but a larger version.

Let's hope looking forward that Sanchez-Tebow brings the Jets success, not chaos on the field.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:44 pm

LRJets wrote:I posted the article without my opinions. I agree about Favre. It was a quick non-fix. I'm still angry that Mangini, after knowing about Favre's injury still played him. I guess he felt a damaged marquee name is better than another player. The Jets racked up a nice W-L record until the last five games of successive losses. Maybe we could have gone somewhere that season with a change.

Mangini paid for it with his job.

The Jets paid for it.

The fans paid for it.

And Favre rode out of town with his cool $12 million.

I was sorry when Leon Washington and Thomas Jones were gone. Jones reminded me of the explosiveness of Joe Morris, the Giant of Super Bowl fame, but a larger version.

Let's hope looking forward that Sanchez-Tebow brings the Jets success, not chaos on the field.

I don't think Mangina had the balls to stop Brint Favre's streak.

I started to dislike Favre when he took a dive in order to give Michael Strahan a sack record. That move showed what was most important to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:50 am

PatsRBest wrote:.....I started to dislike Favre when he took a dive in order to give Michael Strahan a sack record. That move showed what was most important to him.

Agree, that was pretty "bush league." As far as I'm concerned, Gastineau still has the record.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:41 pm

wassejet wrote:
PatsRBest wrote:.....I started to dislike Favre when he took a dive in order to give Michael Strahan a sack record. That move showed what was most important to him.

Agree, that was pretty "bush league." As far as I'm concerned, Gastineau still has the record.

It was so obviously a dive that I felt the NFL shouldn't have allowed it to be recorded as a sack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down