Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JETS GET A TASTE OF GOOD LUCK FINALLY!

4 posters

Go down

JETS GET A TASTE OF GOOD LUCK FINALLY! Empty JETS GET A TASTE OF GOOD LUCK FINALLY!

Post by LRJets Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Great debut for Geno.  Lots of varied situations he xperienced for his first game.

Was about to write the obituary for today's game.

Defense played "Ryanesque".

Satisfying feeling.  Rare too.

Screw the critics, we are a circus!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

JETS GET A TASTE OF GOOD LUCK FINALLY! Empty Re: JETS GET A TASTE OF GOOD LUCK FINALLY!

Post by wassejet Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:57 pm

LRJets wrote:Great debut for Geno.  Lots of varied situations he xperienced for his first game.

Some good stuff came out in this game. I love how the defense played, except at the very end. They made a crucial mistake going for the sack and allowing Jackson to break free. Nevertheless, I liked how the middle of the Jets D line stuffed the run on a very good back all day. I had my doubts about the middle, but now I feel better. In addition the NT backup (Harrison) looked good too. Geno Smith showed a lot of promise. He can make plays, and that's what you need. Yes, he made mistakes, but you have to expect that. He had his baptism of fire in tha NFL and you hope that he can only get better, and it appears that he has a big upside. The Pats had a tough time in Buffalo, so we Jets fans can look forward to the Thursday game with renewed hope.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

JETS GET A TASTE OF GOOD LUCK FINALLY! Empty Re: JETS GET A TASTE OF GOOD LUCK FINALLY!

Post by rdariusxxxx Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Geno has plenty to learn, but today he looked like he has the potential. IMHO
Have we ever had a QB who could really scramble? It's nice to see a QB who can help with his legs too.
rdariusxxxx
rdariusxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Boy did Geno show a world of improvement in a short time!

The best part, he's not really a running quarterback like Vick and RGIII.
Yet he squeezed a lot of yards by running.
He is mobile and showed he'll run when there is a patch of grass in front of him.  Smart, he'll stay healthy longer.

Sanchez, I hope will never start a game for the Jets again.  Let him go to a team  he does have football left in him, it's his mind, not body that's his achilles heel.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:40 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:Great debut for Geno.  Lots of varied situations he xperienced for his first game.

Some good stuff came out in this game. I love how the defense played, except at the very end. They made a crucial mistake going for the sack and allowing Jackson to break free. Nevertheless, I liked how the middle of the Jets D line stuffed the run on a very good back all day. I had my doubts about the middle, but now I feel better. In addition the NT backup (Harrison) looked good too. Geno Smith showed a lot of promise. He can make plays, and that's what you need. Yes, he made mistakes, but you have to expect that. He had his baptism of fire in tha NFL and you hope that he can only get better, and it appears that he has a big upside. The Pats had a tough time in Buffalo, so we Jets fans can look forward to the Thursday game with renewed hope.
The only problem I had with the D is that Landry has to make that tackle on Jackson.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:42 pm

rdariusxxxx wrote:Geno has plenty to learn, but today he looked like he has the potential. IMHO
Have we ever had a QB who could really scramble? It's nice to see a QB who can help with his legs too.
Once Geno got his feet wet he started to play better. When he made his last run he did something that Sanchez can't do. He made something out of nothing.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:20 am

NY JETS1 wrote:
The only problem I had with the D is that Landry has to make that tackle on Jackson.
That's a tough open field tackle for anyone to make on a WR, Jackson going one way and Landry trying to come up and make the stop, very difficult. But how about the tackle by Donario Davis from behind? That ended up being a game saver.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:29 am

wassejet wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:
That's a tough open field tackle for anyone to make on a WR, Jackson going one way and Landry trying to come up and make the stop, very difficult. But how about the tackle by Donario Davis from behind? That ended up being a game saver.
At the very least Landry has to slow him down until help arrives. I agree, Davis saved the game, great hustle on his part.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by rdariusxxxx Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:02 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
rdariusxxxx wrote:Geno has plenty to learn, but today he looked like he has the potential. IMHO
Once Geno got his feet wet he started to play better. When he made his last run he did something that Sanchez can't do. He made something out of nothing.
I agree that Sanchez could not have done that. Geno seemed to throw pretty well. I think he was right around 60% completions. He ran when necessary, but only when he really had to. I am cautiously optimistic.
rdariusxxxx
rdariusxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down