Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NY Jets sign Michael Vick

+3
guppy
LRJets
~Sheila~
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NY Jets sign Michael Vick Empty NY Jets sign Michael Vick

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:05 pm

New York Jets Sign QB Michael Vick

Eagles, Falcons Signalcaller Joins the Competition at Quarterback
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Michael Vick is a Jet.
Vick, 33, an unrestricted free agent, signed with us this afternoon and joins the competition at quarterback for the 2014 season.
"It means a lot to have the chance to come in and play for a great organization that had a lot of success last year and being on the brink of doing some good things," Vick said early this evening. "Maybe I can come here and be an asset whenever my number's called. I'm excited, I'm elated, and I feel like this is a great opportunity for me and my family."
"We are excited to acquire Michael Vick," said offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, who was Vick's OC for four seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles. "He's a great talent who's won many games, including playoff games, in this league. He has the respect of both his teammates and opponents. He's here in a role where he’s going to compete and push [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to become the very best that he can be. Michael will be able to go in and play at a high level and a winning level if called upon."
Vick's NFL career is well-documented. From 2001-06 he started 67 games for the Atlanta Falcons, completing 53.8% of his passes for 11,505 yards, 71 touchdowns and 52 interceptions. He also was among the most dangerous running QBs in the league, averaging 7.3 yards a carry and scoring 21 TDs.
Then with the Eagles from 2009-12, he started 36 games, cut back some on his rushing and improved his passing to 60.0% accuracy, threw for 8,769 yards, 52 TDs and 30 INTs, and hiked his passer rating 12 points to 87.8.
For his regular-season career, Michael Vick has thrown 128 TDs and 85 interceptions, has an 80.9 passer rating and a 58-48-1 record as a starter. He also quarterbacked the Falcons and Eagles to two playoff berths each and compiled a 2-4 postseason record as a starter. He was a Pro Bowler with Atlanta after the 2002, '04 and '05 seasons and with Philadelphia after his first full season as a starter in 2010.
Vick's off-the-field issues have also been well-documented. In August 2007 he pleaded guilty to federal felony charges in connection with dog-fighting. He served 21 months in prison and thus sat out the 2007 and '08 NFL seasons before returning to the game with the Eagles in '09.
Last season Vick started Philadelphia's first five games and six in all before finishing the year backing up Nick Foles.
Now he is reunited with Mornhinweg, who took over the Jets offense under head coach Rex Ryan last season and will compete with Geno Smith, last year's 16-game rookie starter, for spots on the Jets' roster and roles in the offense.
"Physically I'm 100 percent. When I took my physical, the trainers told me I was one of the healthiest players to come through here in some time," Vick joked with senior reporter Eric Allen. "My role is going to be to get in and win football games whenever my number's called, and be the best I can be and help all the quarterbacks become the best they can be."
Here are some numbers from the different parts of Vick's regular-season NFL career (*Four seasons under Mornhinweg with the Eagles):
MICHAEL VICK KEY CAREER METRICS
TeamYearsComp%TD/INTRatingTD Drv%W-L-T
ATL2001-0653.81.3775.718.838-28-1
PHI*2009-1260.01.7387.822.718-16
PHI201354.61.6786.519.92-4
Career2001-1356.21.5180.920.158-48-1
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

NY Jets sign Michael Vick Empty Re: NY Jets sign Michael Vick

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:40 pm

LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:09 am

Thank God for our two investigative reporters.  Breaking news is their forte'.

Right, DMounts?

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:30 am

Thank you!   Very Happy 

Vick is a terrible move, imo.   I am hoping that maybe Geno can learn a thing or two from him. 

I wonder though how Eric Decker feels?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:52 am

~Sheila~ wrote:Thank you!   Very Happy 

Vick is a terrible move, imo.   I am hoping that maybe Geno can learn a thing or two from him. 

Wow.  "Decker's Dogs"  Never knew about Decker's organization.  Very cogent and relevant question by Sheila. 

At the very least, the Vick signing has got to take a bite out of Decker's enthusiasm for his new situation and for the idea of working his ass off to get open for a guy who, internally at least, he's got to detest.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:32 am

guppy wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:Thank you!   Very Happy 

Wow.  "Decker's Dogs"  Never knew about Decker's organization.  Very cogent and relevant question by Sheila. 

At the very least, the Vick signing has got to take a bite out of Decker's enthusiasm for his new situation and for the idea of working his ass off to get open for a guy who, internally at least, he's got to detest.

Thank you, Guppy.  Smile

I'm feeling like there will be such an awkwardness between them.

Here's a pic from today's NY Post. 

~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Glad the two of you worry so much about the Jets.

Me, I'd worry about the Giants, Eli, his memorabilia scandal, his declining skills etc.
NE?  Shit......their window is closer to cracked than open.   Do it this year, because Revis won't be in NE next.  And since Eric Mangini isn't on staff, forget it!
BB didn't win a toaster without EM.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Either did the Browns with the squeeling RAT Eric Mangina.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Dmounts wrote:Either did the Browns with the squeeling RAT Eric Mangina.*
If you were a coach, and your team was being illegally taped, and it was reported, you'd be a rat?
1. Jet security reported it. Mangini was busy coaching.  
I truly hope your house is never burglarized, if you called the police , you'd be a rat?
Hmmmm.   Facts are a pesky thing.

Also, it's spelled "squealing".  

* The Steelers had three coaches in 45 years.
   The Browns had three coaches in 407 days!  Doubt if Mangini could have won it no matter what.  Nor Jesus or Moses.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:34 pm

LRJets wrote:
Dmounts wrote:Either did the Browns with the squeeling RAT Eric Mangina.*
If you were a coach, and your team was being illegally taped, and it was reported, you'd be a rat?
1. Jet security reported it. Mangini was busy coaching.  
I truly hope your house is never burglarized, if you called the police , you'd be a rat?
Hmmmm.   Facts are a pesky thing.

Also, it's spelled "squealing".  

* The Steelers had three coaches in 45 years.
   The Browns had three coaches in 407 days!  Doubt if Mangini could have won it no matter what.  Nor Jesus or Moses.
LOL... The Browns have been & continue to be, at best.... a fuckin mess.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:46 pm

LOL but mangina is a savoir he walks on water. He should have taken the Browns to the chosen land. He'd never spy, he'd never cheat, he's a mans man, and would NEVER lie to get an advantage.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:55 am

Dmounts wrote:LOL but mangina is a savoir he walks on water. He should have taken the Browns to the chosen land. He'd never spy, he'd never cheat, he's a mans man, and would NEVER lie to get an advantage.
What do you expect, he's from the Belichick Tree.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:22 am

LRJets wrote:Glad the two of you worry so much about the Jets.

Me, I'd worry about the Giants, Eli, his memorabilia scandal, his declining skills etc.
NE?  Shit......their window is closer to cracked than open.   Do it this year, because Revis won't be in NE next.  And since Eric Mangini isn't on staff, forget it!

Hey now...don't you go picking on my Giants!  They have enough troubles on their own! 
 Sad
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Its against "THE RULES OF LR" for NFL fans to comment on the goings-on of teams other than their own.....even if those goings on are widely considered around the country as major stories (Vick signing).  If you do, be ready for an uncalled for insult to come your way (as Sheila found out).

However, "THE RULES OF LR" don't apply to LR himself.  As a self-appointed EXCEPTION to THE RULE, he grants only to himself permission to at any time post gratuitous comments on teams not spelled J-E-T-S.  A pertinent word comes to mind right now.  It begins with "h".

Me?  I don't worry at all about whether Revis will be in NE for more than one year.  I'm interested in NFL story lines that are much more compelling. 

Right now, at the top of my list is this:  What is Rex Ryan going to do about the tatoo on his right arm of his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey now that the former Chize is no longer "The Chize"? 

I mean seriously.  Does he get  the whole tatoo removed?  Or does he just change the number 6? 

Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited by guppy on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:47 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
LRJets wrote:Glad the two of you worry so much about the Jets.

Hey now...don't you go picking on my Giants!  They have enough troubles on their own! 
 Sad
And 4 Lombardi Trophies. Sad 
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:22 pm

guppy wrote:

Right now, at the top of my list is this:  What is Rex Ryan going to do about the tatoo on his right arm of his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey now that the former Chize is no longer "The Chize"? 

I mean seriously.  Does he get  the whole tatoo removed?  Or does he just change the number 6? 

At the end of the day, people are judged by their ethics, not Super Bowls.  (Although NE probably saw their last, when Brady is gone, they'll be in last place like they were for their first 50 years).  At least Rex and his wife have a good, monogamous marriage.   Belichick had to ruin a marriage and the man's life.  (Rack up them points for St. Peter, Bill!).
Did your inquiring mind ever ask how BB manages to sleep?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:53 pm

LRJets wrote:
guppy wrote:

At the end of the day, people are judged by their ethics, not Super Bowls.  (Although NE probably saw their last, when Brady is gone, they'll be in last place like they were for their first 50 years).  At least Rex and his wife have a good, monogamous marriage.   Belichick had to ruin a marriage and the man's life.  (Rack up them points for St. Peter, Bill!).
Did your inquiring mind ever ask how BB manages to sleep?

No, it didn't.  It inquired about how you can be such a hypocrite, and be so over-the-top, inappropriately sensitive for feeling the need to call out good people for committing the unspeakable crime of simply posting a fact (as Sheila did)....that the NYJ had just signed an aging, convicted felon to replace a QB who only a few short years ago they moved up in the draft to get, and then called him "The Sanchize".   My mind also inquired as to how your great human being of a coach, clearly one of St. Peter's favorites, is going to handle coaching a situation in which a former killer and torturer of dogs is going to be on the same page throwing passes to a receiver who from all indications is a great lover of dogs?  

Those are my inquires. 

I'll let you be the one who is Patriots-obscessed, and far, far more outraged over one of BB's old scouting methods than you are about say, the New Orleans Saints running a "Cash For Concussions" program.  But then again, you were always really good at separating things that truly matter from things that truly don't. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:18 am

I'll let you be the one who is Patriots-obscessed, and far, far more outraged over one of BB's old scouting methods

"Scouting method"? LMAO!
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:44 am

George1963 wrote:I'll let you be the one who is Patriots-obscessed, and far, far more outraged over one of BB's old scouting methods

"Scouting method"? LMAO!

Molehill meet Mountain.  LMAO!
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:49 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:I'll let you be the one who is Patriots-obscessed, and far, far more outraged over one of BB's old scouting methods

"Scouting method"? LMAO!

When he was banging the married secretary at work I suppose that was a "Dating strategy"?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:31 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

"Scouting method"? LMAO!

When he was banging the married secretary at work I suppose that was a "Dating strategy"?

In order for me to explain scouting in sports, a universally used concept that has been around since the beginning of time, it will be necessary for us to go back to fundamentals.   We'll need to start at the very beginning.

So, do you watch, or have you ever followed sports?

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:41 pm

I'll let you be the one who is Patriots-obscessed, and far, far more outraged over one of BB's old scouting methods

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:17 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

"Scouting method"? LMAO!

In order for me to explain scouting in sports, a universally used concept that has been around since the beginning of time, it will be necessary for us to go back to fundamentals.   We'll need to start at the very beginning.

You do that Gup. When you're done, I'll explain what the word "cheating" means.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:20 pm

LRJets wrote:

Gas was $1.80 a gallon the last time the Patriots won a Super Bowl.
Fun fact.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:18 pm

George1963 wrote:

Gas was $1.80 a gallon the last time the Patriots won a Super Bowl.
Fun fact.

Actually, the last time the Patriots won the Superbowl, the week of Feb. 2005, gas was $1.91 a gallon.

The last time the Colts won the Superbowl, the week of Feb. 2007, gas was $2.19 a gallon - a whopping increase of 28 cents from two years earlier. 

I, and millions of other Americans as well, sure wish gas was still $2.19 a gallon like it was the last time the Colts won the Superbowl.

Another Fun Fact:

The word "dynasty" has never been spoken in the same sentence as the word "Colts". 
 cheers 

Maybe that's because everybody knows:  When Colts finally grow up, they become Broncos.   Very Happy 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next