Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the queen's new home!

+8
throttleplate
duck
RingoCStarrQB
ILvLamp
~Sheila~
JnC4GB
CatalinaMinx
Paneman
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

the queen's new home! - Page 2 Empty Re: the queen's new home!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:27 pm

JnC4GB wrote:The San Francisco Giants' stadium should be higher on the list --and certainly higher than Miller Park. You can literally be in the back row of the top deck and still feel like the king of the world. 

Oh God, I can small the garlic fries right now...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I've never been to Miller Park--but from what I understand that place has been on the tour for every other team in every other sport subsequently building a stadium--as an example of how to do it right...

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:15 pm

duck wrote:

The stadium does have great views... but it can't trump this truly majestic view of San Francisco from Grizzly Peak Road that I get to enjoy at the end of my bike rides!

Eek! Not used to seeing the new Bay Bridge set up at all. Driven across it yet, Duck?
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:16 pm

_HD_ wrote:

I've never been to Miller Park--but from what I understand that place has been on the tour for every other team in every other sport subsequently building a stadium--as an example of how to do it right...
Don't get me wrong, Miller Park is swell.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:37 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Hey, how come the Metrodome was on the list?

Jeezus...those are some nosebleeds up there.  I hope you didn't get hurt there, Thor...  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:46 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:Their Top 10 teams ranked by Stadium Experience:
1. Minnesota Twins
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Minnesota Wild
4. Seattle Mariners
5. Philadelphia Phillies
6. Milwaukee Brewers
7. San Francisco Giants
8. Indianapolis Colts
9. Pittsburgh Pirates
10. St. Louis Cardinals

Not bad being #2 for the oldest facility on the list..........57 years and counting.
Nope, not bad at all!

Nice for Minnesota to place twice.
They're both fabulous buildings.  Target Field is pure class--and they managed somehow to build some soul into the place obviously way beyond it's years.  It's the type of place where you can sit and enjoy the game--even if you hate baseball...if that makes any sense...

The X is my favorite, though... Just a blast every time you go there.  Fabulous ice...fabulous sight lines...warm...great concourses with plenty of restrooms/concessions.  Pretty much everything about the place is high end.  Gonna catch my next game there on the 17th to watch your former coach and the Canucklefucks go down in flames...  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Kymmie wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:
Kymmie wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:
Paneman wrote:I may be a new member to this site, but spent years on the AOL site with many of these guys. 

My apologies, there have been a few AOL Trolls that showed up here, call me paranoid.   Very Happy 
I don't blame you for being paranoid....With that said.... Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I'm a little behind on everything. Been so busy...Smile
I had a great Thanksgiving, I made a huge feast and I think its safe to say we're sick of turkey until at least Christmas. LOL How was your Thanksgiving? You look beautiful in your avatar. The weather is supposed to turn freezing cold here with ice and some snow for the next week or so. Yipppeeeeeeee, yes, I know, I'm easily excited over snow. Very Happy
Thanks for the compliment! Yours is pretty too. Love the Santa hat!  Our Thanksgiving was great! On Saturday we went to Gainesville to watch the Gators get smacked in the swamp. It's was painful to watch, but fun to spend the day with friends. I'm jealous of your cold weather... Send some my way! Very Happy
32 degrees out right now with sleet and ice. I have to take my daughter on a few errands and I'm not looking forward to it if there's ice on the road. This is going to be a very cold and icy storm, the low is expected to be 20 tonight and then very cold for the next several days. Not that I'm complaining, I actually like winter weather, probably because it gets so hot here in summer. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Cool 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:30 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:
Kymmie wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:
Kymmie wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:
Paneman wrote:I may be a new member to this site, but spent years on the AOL site with many of these guys. 

My apologies, there have been a few AOL Trolls that showed up here, call me paranoid.   Very Happy 
I don't blame you for being paranoid....With that said.... Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I'm a little behind on everything. Been so busy...Smile
I had a great Thanksgiving, I made a huge feast and I think its safe to say we're sick of turkey until at least Christmas. LOL How was your Thanksgiving? You look beautiful in your avatar. The weather is supposed to turn freezing cold here with ice and some snow for the next week or so. Yipppeeeeeeee, yes, I know, I'm easily excited over snow. Very Happy
Thanks for the compliment! Yours is pretty too. Love the Santa hat!  Our Thanksgiving was great! On Saturday we went to Gainesville to watch the Gators get smacked in the swamp. It's was painful to watch, but fun to spend the day with friends. I'm jealous of your cold weather... Send some my way! Very Happy
32 degrees out right now with sleet and ice. I have to take my daughter on a few errands and I'm not looking forward to it if there's ice on the road. This is going to be a very cold and icy storm, the low is expected to be 20 tonight and then very cold for the next several days. Not that I'm complaining, I actually like winter weather, probably because it gets so hot here in summer. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Cool 

It seems like a lot of us have daughters.  How old is yours, Catsy?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:39 pm

JnC4GB wrote:The San Francisco Giants' stadium should be higher on the list --and certainly higher than Miller Park. You can literally be in the back row of the top deck and still feel like the king of the world. 

Beautiful! 
I'm a big fan of bridges.  I'd have to sit in the stands where I'd also be able to view the bridge!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:42 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Hey, how come the Metrodome was on the list?

Classy!
Oh ouch!  The pain probably didn't set in until the next morning for this guy! 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:48 pm

_HD_ wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:Their Top 10 teams ranked by Stadium Experience:
1. Minnesota Twins
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Minnesota Wild
4. Seattle Mariners
5. Philadelphia Phillies
6. Milwaukee Brewers
7. San Francisco Giants
8. Indianapolis Colts
9. Pittsburgh Pirates
10. St. Louis Cardinals

Not bad being #2 for the oldest facility on the list..........57 years and counting.
Nope, not bad at all!

Nice for Minnesota to place twice.
They're both fabulous buildings.  Target Field is pure class--and they managed somehow to build some soul into the place obviously way beyond it's years.  It's the type of place where you can sit and enjoy the game--even if you hate baseball...if that makes any sense...

The X is my favorite, though... Just a blast every time you go there.  Fabulous ice...fabulous sight lines...warm...great concourses with plenty of restrooms/concessions.  Pretty much everything about the place is high end.  Gonna catch my next game there on the 17th to watch your former coach and the Canucklefucks go down in flames...  Cool 

Sounds great!  It would be so nice to be able to visit other stadiums/arenas around the Country.

Enjoy the game!!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:50 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:

Beautiful! 
I'm a big fan of bridges.  I'd have to sit in the stands where I'd also be able to view the bridge!
If you like bridges, you'd love the Bay Area.  We have the Dumbarton, San Mateo, Bay, Golden Gate, Richmond, Carquinez, Antioch and Benicia bridges, just off the top of my head... all within about a 50 mile radius.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:53 pm

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:00 pm

duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Beautiful! 
If you like bridges, you'd love the Bay Area.  We have the Dumbarton, San Mateo, Bay, Golden Gate, Richmond, Carquinez, Antioch and Benicia bridges, just off the top of my head... all within about a 50 mile radius.

The only one I'm familiar with is the Golden Gate.  I've been across it twice. 
My favorite bridge to cross is the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel. 

I love riding through tunnels.  Always take the Mid-town tunnel into Manhattan if I don't take the railroad. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:04 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Pretty!

I like Wrigley Field, too.  Love that their subway line runs right next to the stadium.

~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Pffffftttttt... wanna-be franchise right there. And why is their logo the same as Walgreens'? Are they a baseball team or a bunch of pharmacy techs?

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:57 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Beautiful! 

I love riding through tunnels.  Always take the Mid-town tunnel into Manhattan if I don't take the railroad. 

You like bridges and tunnels, eh?  What would Freud say about that?  Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:23 pm

MB20 wrote:
Pffffftttttt... wanna-be franchise right there. And why is their logo the same as Walgreens'? Are they a baseball team or a bunch of pharmacy techs?

Actually it has been interesting here watching the Nats try to "grow up" since moving here from Montreal in 2005.........with Frank Robinson as their first season manager and Davey Johnson skippering the past couple of seasons.    There continues to be competition with the local Orioles fans which keeps both cities on edge a bit (I still think Camden Yards is the best ballpark in baseball regardless what the survey says ......... and I have been to a few including new Pittsburgh, new Seattle, the old Seattle Kingdome, Wrigley, old Comiskey Park, old Yankee Stadium, Milwaukee County Stadium, Dodgers Stadium, Anaheim Stadium, Petco Park, new and old Busch, Candlestick, Fenway Park, old Met in Bloomington MN, new Phillies stadium).    Have not been to Miller Park or the new park in Minneapolis yet, or AT&T in San Francisco.  Finally the Nats are competitive so games between the East rivals Mets, Phillies, Braves and Marlins actually mean something.  Last season was a letdown......best starting pitching staff on paper in baseball (Stasburg, Zimmerman, Gio, Detwiler with Soriano as the closer..........and should be all-stars Werth, Zimmerman, Harper and Desmond.   And the bull Wilson Ramos is a helluva catcher.  Overall a competitive but underachieving team.   Fun team to watch........they gave Davey Johnson full effort the past couple of seasons.   2.6M home attendance......not too bad or non-baseball town....ranked ahead of the Cubs, Braves and Mets.    First class ballpark with all of the amenities (almost $700M) .......... great Red Porch bar..........good enough ballpark food.   Before the game outside Nationals Park is a place called The Bullpen.  Live band.........high end beers.........great pre-game atmosphere to warm up.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

So far I agree that the Nats are a wannabee franchise.   But with the fan base it now has (took awhile for the DC area to warm up to the Nats).......and a pretty solid GM pulling the talent strings (Mike Rizzo) I would not be surprised to see the Nats in the playoffs again in 2014.   NATITUDE !!    Razz 

Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:00 pm

I love how the Nat's built that park and immediately some fuckwad built a shitty office building that blocks the view of the Capitol building in left field.
Were I the Nat's owner I'd have trouble not going bin Laden on that fucker's ass.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:09 am

duck wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:
Kymmie wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:
Kymmie wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:

It seems like a lot of us have daughters.  How old is yours, Catsy?
My son is 19 and my daughter is 18. How old is yours?
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:49 am

duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Beautiful! 

He'd probably say I have some issues with intimacy!  silent    LOL
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 am

~Sheila~ wrote:
duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Beautiful! 

Yeah... and offer you some cocaine.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:59 am

duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Beautiful! 

Yeah... and offer you some cocaine.

Yes, true that!!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEd4748 Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:00 pm

_HD_ wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:More interesting HD is why this person, a brand new member, comes over to the Packers forum to seek you out. Interesting don't you think?
Some love me...more hate me--but for some reason nobody seems to forget me, Cat...  Wink 

Pane is a Viqueen fan.  I've always liked him--actually a bright guy and mostly level-headed.  That's not a combination often found among the queen's faithful.  MrEd is another one but that fucker has oat breath somethin' fierce.  Blow your ass right out of the stable into the cold, in fact...  Cool 
Hey now, be nice HD!   Ziggy and AP could bring those shovels and clean out this 'ol boy's stall anytime.  Least they would be good for something.Laughing

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:37 pm

MrEd4748 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:More interesting HD is why this person, a brand new member, comes over to the Packers forum to seek you out. Interesting don't you think?
Some love me...more hate me--but for some reason nobody seems to forget me, Cat...  Wink 

Pane is a Viqueen fan.  I've always liked him--actually a bright guy and mostly level-headed.  That's not a combination often found among the queen's faithful.  MrEd is another one but that fucker has oat breath somethin' fierce.  Blow your ass right out of the stable into the cold, in fact...  Cool 
Hey now, be nice HD!   Ziggy and AP could bring those shovels and clean out this 'ol boy's stall anytime.  Least they would be good for something.Laughing
Laughing ...and who doesn't like to get their stall blown out once in a while, eh Ed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next