Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the queen's new home!

+8
throttleplate
duck
RingoCStarrQB
ILvLamp
~Sheila~
JnC4GB
CatalinaMinx
Paneman
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

the queen's new home! Empty the queen's new home!

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Vikings break ground on new stadium
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Getty Images
Dimphuck Dimpledinker  AP Staff Writer  Dec 3, 2013

The Vikings have finally broken ground on their new stadium, on a date when in some years the local ground would have been unbreakable.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],” owner Zygi Wilf said at the ceremonial hard-hats-and-fake-shovels event.  “It was always our intention to bring a championship and a stadium [to Minnesota].  While, the team has utterly failed in the championship respect, that doesn't mean we can't build a big, bold, bodacious new home to hold all that prodigious ass suck."

The embarking will get take a while.  The Vikings will spend 2014 and 2015 playing outdoors, and the University of Minnesota’s stadium.
Governor Mark Dayton, who helped pass the stadium legislation, declared, “[I]t’s truly a historic day for the state of Minnesota.”
It’s historic in large part because the public-private partnership has helped Minnesota avoid losing its shit face-plant of an NFL team, in the same way it lost an NBA team (the Lakers) and an NHL team (the North Stars).  The powers-that-be were smart enough to know that, while the NBA and NHL eventually returned, the NFL likely wouldn’t have come back.

Now, the NFL is staying — and the Super Bowl could be returning.  Nobody makes any promises for the Vikings to be in it when it does, however.  "Oh fuck no--I wouldn't touch that one with my ten foot pole" said the 'munch when asked to speculate on when the team might actually do something on the field to justify it's new billion dollar digs.  "We've got a legacy of failure here--snakebitten, I guess you'd call it...and that curse doesn't just slip away on the afternoon train, Dimphuck."

Back to top Go down

the queen's new home! Empty Re: the queen's new home!

Post by Paneman Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Why such a hater, HD?

Paneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Paneman wrote:Why such a hater, HD?
Hater?!  You must have confused me with someone else in your time away, Paneman...  Do you have any concept of how much I enjoy the 'queens?  Practically everything they seem to do makes me smile and I was just passing on a bit of the good news about the new stadium.  Isn't it just dandy?  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:01 am

More interesting HD is why this person, a brand new member, comes over to the Packers forum to seek you out. Interesting don't you think?
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Paneman Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:04 pm

I may be a new member to this site, but spent years on the AOL site with many of these guys. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Paneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Gee, thanks for the shit hat, Adrian...

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Ziggy looks just like Gomez Addams about to blow up his train set.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Paneman wrote:I may be a new member to this site, but spent years on the AOL site with many of these guys. 

My apologies, there have been a few AOL Trolls that showed up here, call me paranoid.   Very Happy 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:46 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Ziggy looks just like Gomez Addams about to blow up his train set.
Laughing   Good laughs...

With that shovel he just conservatively dug himself $300-$400 Million in value appreciation for his team and opened up an ongoing revenue stream opportunity way beyond what he now enjoys...  From the standpoint of fan experience, the new Twin's stadium is rated the #1 stadium in all of professional sports...the X is rated the 3rd finest building in all of sports and this place looks like it's going to be pretty cool...  Anything has to be better than the dome.  That place was a budget POS from the day it was designed.  Cool factor= ZERO.  This place is all fucking glass...and you know they say about those who live in glass houses...  BTW--do you see Jerry Jones new stadium anywhere there in the top 10?  NOT designed for fan experience at all.  Like Jerry himself--all show and no go...  Wink 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Paneman wrote:I may be a new member to this site, but spent years on the AOL site with many of these guys. 

Welcome to this forum, Paneman.  Smile

Another Packers fan?
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:18 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:

My apologies, there have been a few AOL Trolls that showed up here, call me paranoid.   Very Happy 
I don't blame you for being paranoid....With that said.... Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I'm a little behind on everything. Been so busy...Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:29 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:More interesting HD is why this person, a brand new member, comes over to the Packers forum to seek you out. Interesting don't you think?
Some love me...more hate me--but for some reason nobody seems to forget me, Cat...  Wink 

Pane is a Viqueen fan.  I've always liked him--actually a bright guy and mostly level-headed.  That's not a combination often found among the queen's faithful.  MrEd is another one but that fucker has oat breath somethin' fierce.  Blow your ass right out of the stable into the cold, in fact...  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by ILvLamp Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:31 pm

_HD_ wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gee, thanks for the shit hat, Adrian...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]by JnC4GB on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:17 pm
Ziggy looks just like Gomez Addams about to blow up his train set.

I'm sitting in my office this afternoon having a nice quiet lunch, browsing the web, and I click on this, and I have the secretary running to my door asking if everything is ok...lololololol.  How do I explain what I was cracking up over????  Both of you suck.

I was in Eden Prairie last week, and I saw Adrian at an establishment near Winter Park. He was just as nice in person as he appears in his interviews. Say what you will about his character, he certainly hasn't let his fame get to his head. 

ILvLamp
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Kymmie wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:

I don't blame you for being paranoid....With that said.... Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I'm a little behind on everything. Been so busy...Smile
I had a great Thanksgiving, I made a huge feast and I think its safe to say we're sick of turkey until at least Christmas. LOL How was your Thanksgiving? You look beautiful in your avatar. The weather is supposed to turn freezing cold here with ice and some snow for the next week or so. Yipppeeeeeeee, yes, I know, I'm easily excited over snow. Very Happy
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:51 pm

_HD_ wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:More interesting HD is why this person, a brand new member, comes over to the Packers forum to seek you out. Interesting don't you think?
Some love me...more hate me--but for some reason nobody seems to forget me, Cat...  Wink 

Pane is a Viqueen fan.  I've always liked him--actually a bright guy and mostly level-headed.  That's not a combination often found among the queen's faithful.  MrEd is another one but that fucker has oat breath somethin' fierce.  Blow your ass right out of the stable into the cold, in fact...  Cool 
I could personally never hate you, you're just too damn funny. Now, don't let your head swell or anything.  Very Happy
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Their Top 10 teams ranked by Stadium Experience:
1. Minnesota Twins
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Minnesota Wild
4. Seattle Mariners
5. Philadelphia Phillies
6. Milwaukee Brewers
7. San Francisco Giants
8. Indianapolis Colts
9. Pittsburgh Pirates
10. St. Louis Cardinals

Not bad being #2 for the oldest facility on the list..........57 years and counting.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:13 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Their Top 10 teams ranked by Stadium Experience:
1. Minnesota Twins
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Minnesota Wild
4. Seattle Mariners
5. Philadelphia Phillies
6. Milwaukee Brewers
7. San Francisco Giants
8. Indianapolis Colts
9. Pittsburgh Pirates
10. St. Louis Cardinals

Not bad being #2 for the oldest facility on the list..........57 years and counting.
Nope, not bad at all!

Nice for Minnesota to place twice.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:27 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:
Kymmie wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:

I had a great Thanksgiving, I made a huge feast and I think its safe to say we're sick of turkey until at least Christmas. LOL How was your Thanksgiving? You look beautiful in your avatar. The weather is supposed to turn freezing cold here with ice and some snow for the next week or so. Yipppeeeeeeee, yes, I know, I'm easily excited over snow. Very Happy
Thanks for the compliment! Yours is pretty too. Love the Santa hat!  Our Thanksgiving was great! On Saturday we went to Gainesville to watch the Gators get smacked in the swamp. It's was painful to watch, but fun to spend the day with friends. I'm jealous of your cold weather... Send some my way! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Now, don't let your head swell or anything.  Very Happy  

No?  I've always been led to believe that's a good thing...  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:58 pm

_HD_ wrote:Now, don't let your head swell or anything.  Very Happy  

No?  I've always been led to believe that's a good thing...  Wink 
Well, no denying I walked right into that one.   santa
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:51 am

The San Francisco Giants' stadium should be higher on the list --and certainly higher than Miller Park. You can literally be in the back row of the top deck and still feel like the king of the world. 

Oh God, I can small the garlic fries right now...

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:26 am

JnC4GB wrote:The San Francisco Giants' stadium should be higher on the list --and certainly higher than Miller Park. You can literally be in the back row of the top deck and still feel like the king of the world. 

Oh God, I can small the garlic fries right now...

This is a cool park.  It sure beats the hell out of Candlestick and the Oakland Coliseum. I haven't been to many others so I lack perspective, but I've really enjoyed myself at this one.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:47 pm

yep,Pac Bell as it was originally called opened when i lived in san fran.I went to many giants games during the weekend days and the tickets for the outfield were about 9 bucks.I also was outdide the stadium along with thousands of others along the waterfront waiting for barry bonds to hit one into the water as he was chasing the homerun record that year which he did break.There were hundreds of people in the water with nets and boats,it was crazy fun to be a part of it

It has the best scenic view as no stadium i have ever seen in person or on tv.I went to one night game and never again,it was in july and i froze my ass off and i even had a jacket and people around me had blankets.The stadium also hosted the WWF football league as san fran had a team but i cant remember the name.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Hey, how come the Metrodome was on the list?

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:16 pm

throttleplate wrote:yep,Pac Bell as it was originally called opened when i lived in san fran.I went to many giants games during the weekend days and the tickets for the outfield were about 9 bucks.I also was outdide the stadium along with thousands of others along the waterfront waiting for barry bonds to hit one into the water as he was chasing the homerun record that year which he did break.There were hundreds of people in the water with nets and boats,it was crazy fun to be a part of it

It has the best scenic view as no stadium i have ever seen in person or on tv.I went to one night game and never again,it was in july and i froze my ass off and i even had a jacket and people around me had blankets.The stadium also hosted the WWF football league as san fran had a team but i cant remember the name.
The stadium does have great views... but it can't trump this truly majestic view of San Francisco from Grizzly Peak Road that I get to enjoy at the end of my bike rides!

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next