Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilfork probably out for the year

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wilfork probably out for the year - Page 2 Empty Re: Wilfork probably out for the year

Post by guppy Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:24 pm

George1963 wrote:
LRJets wrote:Some stats to me are created due to the so many media venues that fans have to be drawn to as customers.

The stat "sack" by the way is a good one, albeit recent.

In the 80s, in baseball a stat was created, "game winning home run".  I remember in 1986, the Mets' Keith Hernandez hit a home run , bases empty in the first inning.  The Mets won 1-0, and of course it will be in the books detailing how, they categorized it into a baseball stat.
I saw a funny NFL stat when Manning left the Colts. They put every stat they could think of in the Indy Star including a list of all his 4th quarter game winning drives. There was one I didn't remember. It was fairly recent and in a game I remembered, I just didn't recall a game winning drive against the niners in 2009 so I looked it up.
There it was. 22 yard TD pass to Wayne to win the game.
On the first play of the fourth quarter.
Thrown by Joe Addai.
Fourth quarter, come from behind, game winning drive #40 for Peyton Manning.
Nice.

LOL.  That's a good one.  Manning clearly deserved the stat.  Just by who he is, the defense keyed on him, and no doubt he deftly got the ball to Addai, totally surprising the defense not expecting it, who then made a throw to a Reggie Wayne who was probably so wide open, that I could have made the pass.  The Colts defense then holds on for the remaining 14:45 of the fourth quarter, and voila, a come from behind, game winning drive.

On a more serious note, I have to say that this year I'm starting to realize just how good a coach Chuck Pagano is.  Very impressive. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Wilfork probably out for the year - Page 2 Empty Re: Wilfork probably out for the year

Post by guppy Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:26 am

As Stephen Wright likes to say, "82.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot."  Very Happy
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2