Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You do realize we're looking at 7-9 next year???

5 posters

Go down

You do realize we're looking at 7-9 next year??? Empty You do realize we're looking at 7-9 next year???

Post by DaBurgh Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:33 pm

Hey folks,

We're in the midst of free agency and haven't even started the draft yet, but I'm looking objectively at our team
here for the next year and I don't see anything more than a 7-9 team.
The ONLY reason we were 8-8 last year was because of one player, Ben.
The ONLY reason we're going to go 7-9, and MAYBE 8-8 next year will be Ben.

We have NO premiere running back.
We have no WR on the roster who would be a #1 on the majority of the teams in the league. We have a lot of 2's and 3's.
We have NO OLB opposite of Woodley and even Woodley has faded the last two years.
We let Gay go, and now based on his play in Arizona we think he's the cure to all of the secondary ills?

DaBurgh
DaBurgh

Back to top Go down

You do realize we're looking at 7-9 next year??? Empty Re: You do realize we're looking at 7-9 next year???

Post by RLON39 Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:31 am

If the offensive line stays healthy, they will be a playoff team. They can no longer compensate for that weakness, so unless there is improvement and stability up front, you will be correct.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

You do realize we're looking at 7-9 next year??? Empty Re: You do realize we're looking at 7-9 next year???

Post by Randell60 Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:47 am

and they will change their team name to the Browns....LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:22 pm

DaBurgh wrote:Hey folks,

We're in the midst of free agency and haven't even started the draft yet, but I'm looking objectively at our team
here for the next year and I don't see anything more than a 7-9 team.
The ONLY reason we were 8-8 last year was because of one player, Ben.
The ONLY reason we're going to go 7-9, and MAYBE 8-8 next year will be Ben.

We have NO premiere running back.
We have no WR on the roster who would be a #1 on the majority of the teams in the league. We have a lot of 2's and 3's.
We have NO OLB opposite of Woodley and even Woodley has faded the last two years.
We let Gay go, and now based on his play in Arizona we think he's the cure to all of the secondary ills?

I don't LIKE what I am seeing, but to continue on with what they had last season would been stupid. An attitude adjustment by management is warranted. If they do not perfom... expect the same kind of adjustment with coaching next year. BIG Dan is back calling the shots... I see it in all of this. I am ready for a updated version of "steelers football" I expect a tuffer attitude and more physical style to return... especially in the running game.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Randell60 wrote:and they will change their team name to the Browns....LOL
UMMM... 7-9 would be a great year for the Browns... we as Steelers don't think that way!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Ihate the word if. The ol is average to subpar line. The rbs they have isn't an every down back. Without Miller,this team may go as the daburgh predicts
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:35 pm

leejr wrote:Ihate the word if. The ol is average to subpar line. The rbs they have isn't an every down back. Without Miller,this team may go as the daburgh predicts
Look at Cowhers records 1998, 1999 & 2000. Then the next few years.... it all goes in cycles. Ya have to have the right pieces in place... rt now, we're missing a few.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Missing a lot. They should have start rebuilding that ol sometime ago. That D will only carry them for so long. The draft is great,but in today's sports,you have to wheel and deal through fa. When you see ball players starting to slow up.it's time to start departure
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:19 pm

leejr wrote:Missing a lot. They should have start rebuilding that ol sometime ago. That D will only carry them for so long. The draft is great,but in today's sports,you have to wheel and deal through fa. When you see ball players starting to slow up.it's time to start departure
I'm not disagreeing with you, but simply ask..... given the current cap hell they have themselves in.... what options do they have right now??? Not many I say.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:09 am

Admin wrote:
Randell60 wrote:and they will change their team name to the Browns....LOL
UMMM... 7-9 would be a great year for the Browns... we as Steelers don't think that way!

If the Browns go 7-9...we head to the ER at years end for that 4 hour problem...LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by DaBurgh Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:12 am

leejr wrote:Missing a lot. They should have start rebuilding that ol sometime ago. That D will only carry them for so long. The draft is great,but in today's sports,you have to wheel and deal through fa. When you see ball players starting to slow up.it's time to start departure

Now that we seem to have a solid (at least on paper) O-line with some top draft picks, we don't have a running back to hit the holes.
That on top of the fact that Miller will miss a lot of the season and our top WR is gone.
One step forward two steps back.
And this is coming from a HUGE Steeler fan. I hate to sound like a pessimist but I'm just being realistic here.
DaBurgh
DaBurgh

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 pm

On paoer Daburgh. That ol is average at best. Yes there were games they looked great,but when factor in their good games to subpar,they are only average.As bad as Mendy performance was,he still perform on the same level the other backs did.
With me, I don't sugarcoat anything. It is what it is. I'm hoping that I'm wrong,but we may see this team dwindle.We as fans road the horse for a long time,an it maybe they need a new stable of horses. 2 season in a row,Ben has taken a serious whipping. He's not a young man anymore. Troy not young anymore it's showing.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by DaBurgh Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:59 pm

leejr wrote:On paoer Daburgh. That ol is average at best. Yes there were games they looked great,but when factor in their good games to subpar,they are only average.As bad as Mendy performance was,he still perform on the same level the other backs did.
With me, I don't sugarcoat anything. It is what it is. I'm hoping that I'm wrong,but we may see this team dwindle.We as fans road the horse for a long time,an it maybe they need a new stable of horses. 2 season in a row,Ben has taken a serious whipping. He's not a young man anymore. Troy not young anymore it's showing.

I'm just hoping that Mike Adams and DeCastro REALLY step in up this year.
DaBurgh
DaBurgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down