Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Year

+3
wassejet
RickC
lirok
7 posters

Go down

Another Year Empty Another Year

Post by lirok Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:05 am

Hey all. Been a long time. Spend most of my time on Twitter. Ready for another season of Jets FB. I loaded up on the Vicodin already. Hope everyone is doing well. Very low expectations from me but I am interested in watching the defense and Geno develop. 
lirok
lirok

Back to top Go down

Another Year Empty Re: Another Year

Post by RickC Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:05 am

I think the 'D' will be just fine. Rex is an outstanding defensive coach and I'm glad to see him embed himself on that side of the ball. Remember that Milliner is not replacing Revis, Cromartie is. Milliner is replacing Kyle Wilson. They are younger and faster on defense and will be prepared every week. Rex is right (although I wish he'd keep it to himself), they will be top 5 by the end of the year.

If Geno can grow into the job the 'not ready crap' will go away. I didn't think he was the train wreck in the Giant game that's been written. Of the 3 picks only the overthrow down the middle was the unacceptable error. One was off a receiver's hands and the other to a D-End dropping into coverage. He didn't see that at WVU and I'm sure he learned from it. None of his errors were more egregious than the mental errors Sanchez still makes. The O-Line is good enough and could have a pretty strong upside. They are OK at RB even if none have been battle tested. WR looks a bit weak but again there's upside.

I don't think they'll be great but it wouldn't shock me to see them in the WC hunt with a 6-8 or 7-7 record going into week 15. I'm more realistically expecting them to be 4-10 or 5-9 but a bounce or two going your way makes can turn a 5-9 into a 7-7. The pundit rankings of 30th and lower are just not right. Defense alone will make this team no worse than 22nd in any power ranking.
RickC
RickC

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:39 pm

RickC wrote:I think the 'D' will be just fine. Rex is an outstanding defensive coach and I'm glad to see him embed himself on that side of the ball. Remember that Milliner is not replacing Revis, Cromartie is. Milliner is replacing Kyle Wilson. They are younger and faster on defense and will be prepared every week. Rex is right (although I wish he'd keep it to himself), they will be top 5 by the end of the year.

If Geno can grow into the job the 'not ready crap' will go away. I didn't think he was the train wreck in the Giant game that's been written. Of the 3 picks only the overthrow down the middle was the unacceptable error. One was off a receiver's hands and the other to a D-End dropping into coverage. He didn't see that at WVU and I'm sure he learned from it. None of his errors were more egregious than the mental errors Sanchez still makes. The O-Line is good enough and could have a pretty strong upside. They are OK at RB even if none have been battle tested. WR looks a bit weak but again there's upside.

I don't think they'll be great but it wouldn't shock me to see them in the WC hunt with a 6-8 or 7-7 record going into week 15. I'm more realistically expecting them to be 4-10 or 5-9 but a bounce or two going your way makes can turn a 5-9 into a 7-7. The pundit rankings of 30th and lower are just not right. Defense alone will make this team no worse than 22nd in any power ranking.
Like you, I was hoping the defense was going to be good enough to keep the Jets in most games for a shot at victory. However, I didn't see a lot of encouragement during the preseason. The two No. 1's didn't show much. What I see is a decent "bend don't break" defense (similar to last year) and that won't be good enough with the weak offense. Rex may be a good defensive coach, but it bothers me that he has to rely on his OC for offensive decisions. The great coaches of the past knew how to coach both sides of the ball. Losing Coples is going to hurt, because the Jets are still weak on pass rushing. Without a double digit sacker, teams are going to feel comfortable throwing against the Jets. Also, the middle of the D line is a big question mark. Is Ellis healthy enough to be dominant there? Donario Davis may be faster than Scott was, but can he anchor the middle as well? Given all the preseason injuries hitting other teams, I was hoping the Jets would do well by default, but now the injury bug has hit them as well. I don't think they are ranked 30th either, but 20-25 isn't a bad guess in my mind. They could finish second in the East, because I think they are better than Buffalo and at least as good as Miami, but I don't know what that will buy them at the end of the season. I don't really see a lot of positive for the Jets right now, but I hope I am surprised.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Sorry for the following:
Let me preface by writing I hope I am 100% wrong.

As Bill Parcells would equate the personnel as "groceries".  I don't think we have the groceries to go far 1n 2013.

Selfishly speaking, I'd like to be around to see the Jets win another Super Bowl.
I know game-by-game, I'll get emotionally caught up in the drama of the game.
But as the season is 11 minutes away, I don't want the Jets to win 6, 7, or 8 games.  Besides a pat on the back, it'll get you a low-middle first round pick.

With the abundance of good young quarterbacks of today, the competition will be fierce for years to come.

If the Jets stink, let them stink for a real  franchise player for the future.

If you think that's crazy on my part, I remember when the Jets( Titans) changed in their cars before games.   I oh so long for some success.

Let's Go Jets!!
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:56 pm

LRJets wrote:Sorry for the following:
Let me preface by writing I hope I am 100% wrong.

As Bill Parcells would equate the personnel as "groceries".  I don't think we have the groceries to go far 1n 2013.

Selfishly speaking, I'd like to be around to see the Jets win another Super Bowl.
I know game-by-game, I'll get emotionally caught up in the drama of the game.
But as the season is 11 minutes away, I don't want the Jets to win 6, 7, or 8 games.  Besides a pat on the back, it'll get you a low-middle first round pick.

With the abundance of good young quarterbacks of today, the competition will be fierce for years to come.

If the Jets stink, let them stink for a real  franchise player for the future.

If you think that's crazy on my part, I remember when the Jets( Titans) changed in their cars before games.   I oh so long for some success.

Let's Go Jets!!
My thoughts on the season? WE NEED CLOWNEY! and a new head coach.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:30 pm

As of right now Jets are not as bad as everyone been making them.  I think the Jets could now finish the season anywhere from to a 6-10 to a 8-8 season.  That should save Rex Ryan job as well.  As for getting Clowney only way Jets can get him is by trading up to the no# 1 pick.  The New GM, is not as Stupid as Tanny was went the jets traded up for Sanchez.  I wouldn't mind getting WR, Marqise Lee or a RB, still like to see a better RT, or RG, then what jets have now.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:59 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:As of right now Jets are not as bad as everyone been making them.  I think the Jets could now finish the season anywhere from to a 6-10 to a 8-8 season.  That should save Rex Ryan job as well.  As for getting Clowney only way Jets can get him is by trading up to the no# 1 pick.  The New GM, is not as Stupid as Tanny was went the jets traded up for Sanchez.  I wouldn't mind getting WR, Marqise Lee or a RB, still like to see a better RT, or RG, then what jets have now.
Gee....notice the three posts above were made before  the Jets game yesterday.
Is this the classic example of a Monday morning quarterback?

Wonder how you felt at say.... 12:30 yesterday afternoon?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:40 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:As of right now Jets are not as bad as everyone been making them.  I think the Jets could now finish the season anywhere from to a 6-10 to a 8-8 season.  That should save Rex Ryan job as well.  As for getting Clowney only way Jets can get him is by trading up to the no# 1 pick.  The New GM, is not as Stupid as Tanny was went the jets traded up for Sanchez.  I wouldn't mind getting WR, Marqise Lee or a RB, still like to see a better RT, or RG, then what jets have now.
I'd be surprised if the Jets won more than 4 or 5 games this season.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:18 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
I'd be surprised if the Jets won more than 4 or 5 games this season.

I hoping it's more than that.  I'm having high hopes for Geno. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down