Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday: growing rift between Rodgers and McCarthy

+4
RingoCStarrQB
JnC4GB
IRA1955
duck
8 posters

Go down

Saturday:  growing rift between Rodgers and McCarthy Empty Saturday: growing rift between Rodgers and McCarthy

Post by duck Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Saturday:  growing rift between Rodgers and McCarthy Empty Re: Saturday: growing rift between Rodgers and McCarthy

Post by IRA1955 Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
IRA1955
IRA1955

Back to top Go down

Saturday:  growing rift between Rodgers and McCarthy Empty Re: Saturday: growing rift between Rodgers and McCarthy

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:29 pm

duck wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's inevitable given the nature/intelligence of Rodgers and McCarthy within the dynamics of their roles.  When the Protege of superior intelligence to the Master gains the knowledgebase and confidence that comes with experience--his ego will demand better than what lies within the relatively limited confines of the Master's margin of operation.  Add to that the limitless unchecked adulation that comes with being the QB of the Green Bay Packers with all the success he's had--and the ego can start a scorched earth campaign to wipe out anything that stands in the way of maintaining the basis for that continued adulation.  It's a subtle process...and can be very insidious to those, particularly younger, who don't constantly check themselves...

McCarthy is in a tough spot.  From a command hierarchy standpoint he is superior to the subordinate QB...and must maintain that credibility of superiority or he loses the whole locker room.  However, as they say, it's a poor coach who treats all his players alike.  I don't care if you're on a corporate sales floor or in a locker room--you've got to find a way to make sure your rainmakers can continue growing, continue excelling and continue operating with the flair that a superstar requires...and that is often a complicated puzzle that requires of one the ability to look into the third level.  McCarthy ain't got that.  Not by a wide margin.  Could be stormy seas ahead--and this could be some advance foreshadowing to the astute eye of what ultimately ends McCarthy's days in Green Bay.  For if it were to ultimately come down to a stand off between McCarthy and Rodgers--Rodgers would be the man left standing...  Fatty could easily lose that locker room in abruptly changing his tune after figuring that out too late...  So, in another words-- McFatty needs to address this NOW--appropriately/astutely while it is still a small lesion--or this thing could get out of hand and bite his ass no matter what he does...

The time has come to hand the keys to Rodgers and get the fuck out of his way.  He's ready.  McCarthy must do it voluntarily.  It's vital.  That way he maintains control--for what you freely offer, you can freely withdraw.  If McFatty waits until it becomes clear to those in that locker room that he feels pressured into it--he's dead in the water...  Get Pastor Jeremiah Duck in to administer last rights... 

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:44 pm

I agree with all of this, but don't see a happy ending coming --not from this guy or his albino boss.
Too fucking stubborn and prideful.

Case in point: Brandon Jackson's lengthy tenure.

Meanwhile in Denver...  Rolling Eyes
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:01 pm

JnC4GB wrote:I agree with all of this, but don't see a happy ending coming --not from this guy or his albino boss.
Too fucking stubborn and prideful.

Case in point: Brandon Jackson's lengthy tenure.

Meanwhile in Denver...  Rolling Eyes
Yup.  Rodgers upward trend line has crossed McFatty's downward decending one...and, two things:  McFatty's whole ego/identity is wrapped up into calling the plays and he comes from Pittsburgh where his Daddy didn't tolerate no backsass from the little dick eating from his table... Didn't matter if he was right or not, eh?

An untenable situation for each of them is approaching off in the distance on the horizon.  Watch what happens if this team finds itself continuing to lose...  And you're right--the albino won't know what to do but cry...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:09 pm

_HD_ wrote:
It's inevitable given the nature/intelligence of Rodgers and McCarthy within the dynamics of their roles.  When the Protege of superior intelligence to the Master gains the knowledgebase and confidence that comes with experience--his ego will demand better than what lies within the relatively limited confines of the Master's margin of operation.  Add to that the limitless unchecked adulation that comes with being the QB of the Green Bay Packers with all the success he's had--and the ego can start a scorched earth campaign to wipe out anything that stands in the way of maintaining the basis for that continued adulation.  It's a subtle process...and can be very insidious to those, particularly younger, who don't constantly check themselves...

McCarthy is in a tough spot.  From a command hierarchy standpoint he is superior to the subordinate QB...and must maintain that credibility of superiority or he loses the whole locker room.  However, as they say, it's a poor coach who treats all his players alike.  I don't care if you're on a corporate sales floor or in a locker room--you've got to find a way to make sure your rainmakers can continue growing, continue excelling and continue operating with the flair that a superstar requires...and that is often a complicated puzzle that requires of one the ability to look into the third level.  McCarthy ain't got that.  Not by a wide margin.  Could be stormy seas ahead--and this could be some advance foreshadowing to the astute eye of what ultimately ends McCarthy's days in Green Bay.  For if it were to ultimately come down to a stand off between McCarthy and Rodgers--Rodgers would be the man left standing...  Fatty could easily lose that locker room in abruptly changing his tune after figuring that out too late...  So, in another words-- McFatty needs to address this NOW--appropriately/astutely while it is still a small lesion--or this thing could get out of hand and bite his ass no matter what he does...

The time has come to hand the keys to Rodgers and get the fuck out of his way.  He's ready.  McCarthy must do it voluntarily.  It's vital.  That way he maintains control--for what you freely offer, you can freely withdraw.  If McFatty waits until it becomes clear to those in that locker room that he feels pressured into it--he's dead in the water...  Get Pastor Jeremiah Duck in to administer last rights... 

For the most part I agree with your analysis, HD.  Plus, you're right that it's essentially a "small lesion" now (I really like that phrase) and that MM needs to act soon.

However, I disagree with your (and JnC's) conclusion that McCarthy won't adapt to Rodgers' desire to have a greater role in play calling.  The reason is simple.  It's in his self interest to do so!  I understand that MM prides himself as a play caller but the reality is that he won't have to completely give up that role.  He would still be the one setting the parameters within which Rodgers could work.  Take a look at the Super Bowl.  On many occasions Rodgers audibled out of running plays because he saw defensive formations he felt he could exploit.  And MM was just fine with that.  All in all, over the years, I think these two have established a positive chemistry and, despite the evidence of Rodgers' new growing pains, I think they can hash things out.  Both of them certainly express such sentiments in all their press conferences.

I see this entire process as a potential huge positive.  Despite all our grousing, the Packer offense under MM and Rodgers has been one of the very best in the league and with a little tweaking and shifting of more responsibility to Rodgers it will only get better.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:23 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

For the most part I agree with your analysis, HD.  Plus, you're right that it's essentially a "small lesion" now (I really like that phrase) and that MM needs to act soon.

However, I disagree with your (and JnC's) conclusion that McCarthy won't adapt to Rodgers' desire to have a greater role in play calling.  The reason is simple.  It's in his self interest to do so!  I understand that MM prides himself as a play caller but the reality is that he won't have to completely give up that role.  He would still be the one setting the parameters within which Rodgers could work.  Take a look at the Super Bowl.  On many occasions Rodgers audibled out of running plays because he saw defensive formations he felt he could exploit.  And MM was just fine with that.  All in all, over the years, I think these two have established a positive chemistry and, despite the evidence of Rodgers' new growing pains, I think they can hash things out.  Both of them certainly express such sentiments in all their press conferences.

I see this entire process as a potential huge positive.  Despite all our grousing, the Packer offense under MM and Rodgers has been one of the very best in the league and with a little tweaking and shifting of more responsibility to Rodgers it will only get better.
You could be right, Duck.  It all depends on the ratio of wins to losses from this point forward.  If McFatty retains control at this point over play-calling (as he will) and the team continues losing--then handing the keys over to Rodgers at that point constitutes an admission of failure.  I don't see someone with McFatty's makeup doing that.  If the team on balance wins...then McFatty has no incentive or justification in his mind to make any changes.  Like they say in the 'burgh...why fix what ain't broke?  Wink 

Like I said--NOW is the optimal time for Fatty to open up and make his move.  My guess is that he isn't enlightened enough...  Foresight isn't a real strength of his...

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:22 pm

In the 2007 NFC Championship Game at Lambeau vs the Giants.........McFattyMcShittyMcSloppy kept the leash real real tight on Favre which resulted in much too close of a game........essentially holding one arm behind Favre's back keeping Favre from slinging it on the big stage.  What happens........the wound up tight ballthrower characteristically exploded with that shit INT.    Point being........let the QB play the game.........let the QB win the game or lose the game.   Same goes for running backs.  Give the backs the ball to see what they and the offensive line can do.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:34 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:In the 2007 NFC Championship Game at Lambeau vs the Giants.........McFattyMcShittyMcSloppy kept the leash real real tight on Favre which resulted in much too close of a game........essentially holding one arm behind Favre's back keeping Favre from slinging it on the big stage.  What happens........the wound up tight ballthrower characteristically exploded with that shit INT.    Point being........let the QB play the game.........let the QB win the game or lose the game.   Same goes for running backs.  Give the backs the ball to see what they and the offensive line can do.
Sorry Ringo...given the leash to sling the ball on the big stage is exactly what you DIDN'T want to do in the last few seasons of Favre's career...

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:15 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:let the QB win the game or lose the game.   
Again, Rodgers got pissed about something he had no control over: the formation package and the personnel on the field for it.

They play, as it was called, allowed for ONE PASS OPTION: Jeremy Ross. A guy who fucked up nearly 2 out of 3 times he had had to do something, anything, this season and who predictably screwed up again by taking his route parallel to the line of scrimmage instead of into the end zone and then not blocking even one of the three Bengals closing in on Rodgers as he was forced to run due to Ross' shit route.

Rodgers had every right to be pissed, and I bet you dollars to donuts it was the straw that broke the camel's back as to why he was cut the next day. 
Translation: Coach Vapor Lock "My play call was good; it was ALL Ross' fault that it blew up."

You're halfway there, Tubby.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:04 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:In the 2007 NFC Championship Game at Lambeau vs the Giants.........McFattyMcShittyMcSloppy kept the leash real real tight on Favre which resulted in much too close of a game........essentially holding one arm behind Favre's back keeping Favre from slinging it on the big stage.  What happens........the wound up tight ballthrower characteristically exploded with that shit INT.    Point being........let the QB play the game.........let the QB win the game or lose the game.   Same goes for running backs.  Give the backs the ball to see what they and the offensive line can do.

I've come to a new appreciation of that painful loss.  It made it clear to McCarthy that a change had to be made at QB.

Rodgers was probably going to get his shot in 2008 anyway because the Packers had to see what he had to offer prior to his contract year, but suppose Favre had taken the Packers to the Super Bowl... and perhaps even won it?  It's possible Rodgers could have been relegated to split duty or spot playing time, or even traded.

The PR delicacies would have been compounded exponentially too.  Just look at the fan support Favre got after that horrendous game.  After a fine 2007 regular season, one of the best in his career, if he had taken the Packers to the Super Bowl, it would have been much much more difficult for TT and MM to get rid of him.  In fact it's entirely possible Favre might have prevailed in a stand off with them.

So now when I look at that dumb ass overtime interception I don't cringe anymore, I smile.  Ironically, it was one of the best things that could have happened to the Packers.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:52 pm

_HD_ wrote:
Sorry Ringo...given the leash to sling the ball on the big stage is exactly what you DIDN'T want to do in the last few seasons of Favre's career...
Hey....go look at the game stats.   Subtract the 90 yard TD pass to Driver and you'll see clearly (now :>)) that Eli and Tommy C. outpassed McM and Brett by a significant margin.    Then look at the rushing yardage.........Packers limped along the entire frigid evening while the Giants went past the century mark.   Thus......LOGICAL thinking says McM should have taken the reigns off of Brett and just let him sling it all night long.   GO PACK GO !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:55 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
Hey....go look at the game stats.   Subtract the 90 yard TD pass to Driver and you'll see clearly (now :>)) that Eli and Tommy C. outpassed McM and Brett by a significant margin.    Then look at the rushing yardage.........Packers limped along the entire frigid evening while the Giants went past the century mark.   Thus......LOGICAL thinking says McM should have taken the reigns off of Brett and just let him sling it all night long.   GO PACK GO !!
It was such a cold day...even for #4 to be on target. What we needed on a day like that was Sherman. Run the football...Pound Pound Pound!
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:32 pm

milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
It was such a cold day...even for #4 to be on target. What we needed on a day like that was Sherman. Run the football...Pound Pound Pound!
Until you completely wear down a defense and then punt on 4th-and-1 when a first down would have sealed the game.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:20 pm

duck wrote:
milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
Until you completely wear down a defense and then punt on 4th-and-1 when a first down would have sealed the game.
Is that what happened Duck?  I was there but was so cold I can't remember much other than the 90 yarder to Driver, Favre's INT, and watching the ball go through the uprights in OT.  What yardline were the Packers on when the 4th and 1 opportunity arose?   And when............first half...........early second half..........late second half...........OT ??
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:15 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
Is that what happened Duck?  I was there but was so cold I can't remember much other than the 90 yarder to Driver, Favre's INT, and watching the ball go through the uprights in OT.  What yardline were the Packers on when the 4th and 1 opportunity arose?   And when............first half...........early second half..........late second half...........OT ??

I was referring to the 2003 Philly game, Ringo.  Milani was Shermanizing and I just pointed out that we had a tired and beaten Philly defense just where we wanted them.  A first down could have closed out the game.  But, as we all remember, Shermie punted and that led to the sequence of events that included the 4th-and-26 disaster and the OT loss.

Pound, pound, pound, indeed.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:51 am

duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
I was referring to the 2003 Philly game, Ringo.  Milani was Shermanizing and I just pointed out that we had a tired and beaten Philly defense just where we wanted them.  A first down could have closed out the game.  But, as we all remember, Shermie punted and that led to the sequence of events that included the 4th-and-26 disaster and the OT loss.

Actually the yard line was close to where we were last Sunday in Cincinnati when Franklin hit a brick wall and disaster struck. We were 4th and 1 around the Philly 39. Too long for Longwell and we had just moved the ball downfield all on the ground. A great offensive line and tight end plowing for a couple of strong RBs. Philly was out of timeouts. One first down and we could just about run out the clock. Since we failed to get it in on 4th and 1 in the 2nd quarter the Tinhorn figured the defense would get it done. Then Puntwell kicks it in the end zone and the rest is history. The Eagles did not have the defensive line that Cincy has and they were gassed.

Yet Bart Starr can plunge it through doomsday on a field of ice. Seems like these crunch time plays only worked for Lombardi.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:44 pm

milani wrote:
duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Actually the yard line was close to where we were last Sunday in Cincinnati when Franklin hit a brick wall and disaster struck. We were 4th and 1 around the Philly 39. Too long for Longwell and we had just moved the ball downfield all on the ground. A great offensive line and tight end plowing for a couple of strong RBs. Philly was out of timeouts. One first down and we could just about run out the clock. Since we failed to get it in on 4th and 1 in the 2nd quarter the Tinhorn figured the defense would get it done. Then Puntwell kicks it in the end zone and the rest is history. The Eagles did not have the defensive line that Cincy has and they were gassed.

Yet Bart Starr can plunge it through doomsday on a field of ice. Seems like these crunch time plays only worked for Lombardi.
That was just such a breathtaking display of choking. While the decision to go for the TD at the end of the half was misguided, he likely could have pulled it off had just rammed it down their throats instead of running a fucking pulling guard play. They had no answer for the up-the-gut run, and that dipshit and his sidekick Rossley decided to go all cutesy, which was pretty par for the course with those two.

Naturally, that botched decision informed their ensuing fuckup, which was the 4th-quarter 4th-and-1. Again, they STILL hadn't been able to stop any straightforward running play we'd run at them all day, and all it would have taken was one more to put the game away. Now, I'm quite sure that had he decided to go for it, he would have dialed up some other stupid shit play that would have been doomed from its inception, but his lack of balls there was maddening.

The icing on the shit cake, of course, was backing off and playing a half-assed quarters coverage on 4th-and-26. Sherman really showed the totality of who he was as a coach that day, and it wasn't at all surprising that he completely lost his locker room the following season. How the fuck could anyone who cared about anything more than his paycheck have respected the guy?

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Shermanizing Definition:  The act of pearing your ass and stopping your brain from functioning at the same time.

OK......let's open this one up to all the cynics, brainiacs, beauties, and duffasses (not to mention those others):

To HD Shermanizing means (not to be confused with Simonizing/Waxing you pervert LOL)

To Duck Shermanizing means

To Milani Shermanizing means

To Catsy, Sheila, JnC, Throttle, PKFKNIFFFFFA, KBen, FF, MB.....and the rest of yuse alls........Shermanizing means:
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:04 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Shermanizing Definition:  The act of pearing your ass and stopping your brain from functioning at the same time.

OK......let's open this one up to all the cynics, brainiacs, beauties, and duffasses (not to mention those others):

To HD Shermanizing means (not to be confused with Simonizing/Waxing you pervert LOL)

To Milani Shermanizing means running the football each and everyday and sticking to the routine of what got you there.

To Catsy, Sheila, JnC, Throttle, PKFKNIFFFFFA, KBen, FF, MB.....and the rest of yuse alls........Shermanizing means:
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:07 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Shermanizing Definition:  The act of pearing your ass and stopping your brain from functioning at the same time.

To Milani Shermanizing means

The Peter Principle.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:17 am

milani wrote:

To Milani Shermanizing means running the football each and everyday and sticking to the routine of what got you there.

Reading the play, learning the play, carrying out the play.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:35 am

Shermanize: When you run out of coffee but you're too lazy to brew another pot so one rebrews old grounds. Hope this helps.  Very Happy
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down