Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Saturday on Tuesday

+2
duck
milani
6 posters

Go down

No Saturday on Tuesday Empty No Saturday on Tuesday

Post by milani Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Another old timer was sent today. Saturday was helpful in a year where we took a beating on the O-line. Although not what he was in bygone years it was the right move by TT in getting him. Looks like EDS will be moving there and more youth on the line is henceforth coming. EDS will be in Suh country twice this next season. Maybe he can help our running game and give us more protection up the middle.

Jim Ringo, you were the greatest.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

No Saturday on Tuesday Empty Re: No Saturday on Tuesday

Post by duck Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 am

milani wrote:Another old timer was sent today. Saturday was helpful in a year where we took a beating on the O-line. Although not what he was in bygone years it was the right move by TT in getting him. Looks like EDS will be moving there and more youth on the line is henceforth coming. EDS will be in Suh country twice this next season. Maybe he can help our running game and give us more protection up the middle.

Helpful? I'd say Saturday was closer to horrible. I don't think we all quite realized it early in the season, but Saturday's inability to move anyone at the point of attack was one of the primary reasons our offensive production dropped dramatically from 2011 to 2012. Saturday was respectable in pass protection but horrible in run blocking. Unfortunately the latter had a poisonous effect on the former because if you have an ineffective running game, it puts more pressure on your passing game. Many of Rodgers' sacks and incompletions were because the defense could completely ignore the run.

Sadly, IMHO, Saturday epitomizes why signing aging veterans is generally a losing proposition. Very rarely you'll find a guy like Gonzales who remains effective at a high level but more often than not these free agents hurt you in the pocketbook AND on the field.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Pro Bowler???
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 pm

duck wrote:
milani wrote:Another old timer was sent today. Saturday was helpful in a year where we took a beating on the O-line. Although not what he was in bygone years it was the right move by TT in getting him. Looks like EDS will be moving there and more youth on the line is henceforth coming. EDS will be in Suh country twice this next season. Maybe he can help our running game and give us more protection up the middle.

Helpful? I'd say Saturday was closer to horrible. I don't think we all quite realized it early in the season, but Saturday's inability to move anyone at the point of attack was one of the primary reasons our offensive production dropped dramatically from 2011 to 2012. Saturday was respectable in pass protection but horrible in run blocking. Unfortunately the latter had a poisonous effect on the former because if you have an ineffective running game, it puts more pressure on your passing game. Many of Rodgers' sacks and incompletions were because the defense could completely ignore the run.

Sadly, IMHO, Saturday epitomizes why signing aging veterans is generally a losing proposition. Very rarely you'll find a guy like Gonzales who remains effective at a high level but more often than not these free agents hurt you in the pocketbook AND on the field.

Jeezus... Platitudes...hyperbole...excess... Go away for awhile and the next thing you know every twat left standing loses their ability to appreciate a neatly trimmed coif, for fuck's sake... Laughing You bitches are hereby sentenced to popping a nice bottle of Sebeka Cab Pinotage, grabbing the headphones and cranking this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from start-to-finish at high volume--thus immediately reclaiming 20 sorely missed heartwood IQ points from the exposure... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:17 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Jeezus... Platitudes...hyperbole...excess... Go away for awhile and the next thing you know every twat left standing loses their ability to appreciate a neatly trimmed coif, for fuck's sake... Laughing You bitches are hereby sentenced to popping a nice bottle of Sebeka Cab Pinotage, grabbing the headphones and cranking this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from start-to-finish at high volume--thus immediately reclaiming 20 sorely missed heartwood IQ points from the exposure... Cool

Forget Saturday's coif and the sissy Niner wine... we want to hear the stories of the tropical island you disappeared to for the last month. I hope for your sake you did NOT have a TV and missed the Packers' ugly unraveling at the hands of Kaepernick & Co. and a sorry looking old racehorse in the Super Bowl. You would not have enjoyed either performance.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:18 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Forget Saturday's coif and the sissy Niner wine... we want to hear the stories of the tropical island you disappeared to for the last month. I hope for your sake you did NOT have a TV and missed the Packers' ugly unraveling at the hands of Kaepernick & Co. and a sorry looking old racehorse in the Super Bowl. You would not have enjoyed either performance.

Nope--snow play is the way of the day. No tropical islands for me until the crowds clear and the deals hit in April/May--you big badass beer drinker...but 8 days with my ass soaking in the deep blue of the Sea of Cortez in Cabo for Spring Break is a sweet scent I'm starting to come within range to pick up on the breeze. Do peninsula's count? I promise to be holding an ice-cold Tecate and not a wine glass... Cool

As far as the Pack goes-- I spared you the *I told you so's* It would have been a pleasant surprise had they won...but the recipe was clearly just not there all season long. Something was bad in the gumbo--and nobody in the organization could quite come around to figuring it out so they just pinched each other's noses and kept shoveling it down our throats while telling us/each other how fucking yummy it was...

Part of making leadership changes is obviously identifying a shortcoming in your leadership hierarchy--but the flip side is having ready-access opportunity to secure an asset representing a clear remedy in satisfying the present deficiency. Dom Capers is a skilled tactician. He knows the game and schemes at a very high level--but with one very important caveat... His game-plan assumes flawless execution and overall consistent high-level performance from all the cogs in the wheel or it breaks down significantly. In another words--it doesn't prove to have the resiliency to bend--it breaks... He furthermore exhibits an inner conflict in making adjustments to his scheme based on the assumptive failure of any one of the cogs to perform to the standard of excellence that the scheme was drafted to produce. So in another words, he can't bend, either--but breaks... He sits there--and watches the same breakdowns in execution from various players on his D--yet he can't bring himself to adjust the scheme to something within that player's consistent capabilities--because, God-damn it-- he knows the scheme is good. Typical theorist who can't bridge the gap to application. Find the hole in his execution--and you my friend have found the well-spring motherload gift that just keeps on giving... Wink

I would have excused him from his duties this off-season. Not because of what happened necessarily in the 9er game--but for the reasons I've outlined that have regularly allowed that to happen. Capers is a rigid, linear thinker. A fucking rock-star in the controlled environment of the lab...but has trouble in the field unless all the conditions are favorable...

Now--back to the flip side I talked about. Capers isn't bad or great. Merely good. Never make a move unless you've got the ready prospects for securing someone better. Change for change sake is no more than gambling. You could do worse. Save if for the dice roll. So who could they have had to complete the equation in making sense to remove Capers? That's right, Gregg Williams. I would have been all over that shit. Don't blame Shrek-fuck... He can't react to that which he cannot see...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:06 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Nope--snow play is the way of the day. No tropical islands for me until the crowds clear and the deals hit in April/May--you big badass beer drinker...but 8 days with my ass soaking in the deep blue of the Sea of Cortez in Cabo for Spring Break is a sweet scent I'm starting to come within range to pick up on the breeze. Do peninsula's count? I promise to be holding an ice-cold Tecate and not a wine glass... Cool

As far as the Pack goes-- I spared you the *I told you so's* It would have been a pleasant surprise had they won...but the recipe was clearly just not there all season long. Something was bad in the gumbo--and nobody in the organization could quite come around to figuring it out so they just pinched each other's noses and kept shoveling it down our throats while telling us/each other how fucking yummy it was...

Part of making leadership changes is obviously identifying a shortcoming in your leadership hierarchy--but the flip side is having ready-access opportunity to secure an asset representing a clear remedy in satisfying the present deficiency. Dom Capers is a skilled tactician. He knows the game and schemes at a very high level--but with one very important caveat... His game-plan assumes flawless execution and overall consistent high-level performance from all the cogs in the wheel or it breaks down significantly. In another words--it doesn't prove to have the resiliency to bend--it breaks... He furthermore exhibits an inner conflict in making adjustments to his scheme based on the assumptive failure of any one of the cogs to perform to the standard of excellence that the scheme was drafted to produce. So in another words, he can't bend, either--but breaks... He sits there--and watches the same breakdowns in execution from various players on his D--yet he can't bring himself to adjust the scheme to something within that player's consistent capabilities--because, God-damn it-- he knows the scheme is good. Typical theorist who can't bridge the gap to application. Find the hole in his execution--and you my friend have found the well-spring motherload gift that just keeps on giving... Wink

I would have excused him from his duties this off-season. Not because of what happened necessarily in the 9er game--but for the reasons I've outlined that have regularly allowed that to happen. Capers is a rigid, linear thinker. A fucking rock-star in the controlled environment of the lab...but has trouble in the field unless all the conditions are favorable...

Now--back to the flip side I talked about. Capers isn't bad or great. Merely good. Never make a move unless you've got the ready prospects for securing someone better. Change for change sake is no more than gambling. You could do worse. Save if for the dice roll. So who could they have had to complete the equation in making sense to remove Capers? That's right, Gregg Williams. I would have been all over that shit. Don't blame Shrek-fuck... He can't react to that which he cannot see...

Well, the Packers ended up their season fittingly and as I thought they would. They are still clearly a playoff calibre team but simply did not match up well with the Giants and Niners. I had a bad feeling that if we ran into either in the playoffs it would be the end of the line. And it was.

What shocked me, however, was how silly Kaepernick made our defense look. You're more charitable to Capers than I now am, HD. Everything you say about him is true. He's an experienced and knowledgable coach but a rigid scheme guy. If the parts are all in working order, like they were in the 2010 playoff run, his defenses will be very effective. However, if one critical part malfunctions, the entire scheme falls to pieces. Against the Niners when our linebackers had no answer for Kaepernick's speed, we were doomed.

I don't so much blame Capers for the fact that his personnel had weak areas -- all defenses in this salary cap era of the NFL do. What I blame Capers for was his obvious lack of preparation and his utter inability or unwillingness to make adjustments when it was clear his game plan and schemes were not working. Players were quoted after the game as saying, gee, we didn't know this QB was that fast. Jesus Christ. All the pre-game hype was about the run-read option and how fast Kaepernick was. How could Capers not have stressed that to his players?? Worse, players were also quoted as saying they made no adjustments at all during the game! Hello? Your defense is getting reamed for a record-setting number of rushing yards by a QB and you're going to just rap pat??

In the wake of Capers' ridiculous game plan in the 2009 desert debacle in which he stuck with the exact same plan he used against the Cardinal JVs the week before and then giving up 37 points in another lame effort against the Giants in 2012 I am left with with utterly no confidence in the man. You say there's no point dumping him unless we have a better alternative, but at this point, I'd be willing to flip that coin of yours. I agree, Gregg Williams would have been an excellent choice. However, I'd be thrilled to gamble with just about anyone. How about some hungry young up-and-coming young defensive mind? That's what I'd like to see, in an ideal world.

Unfortunately, my sense is that nothing is going to happen. McCarthy and the Packers in general seem content with Capers. That baffles me because I know our franchise has higher expectations than most, and early playoff exits certainly don't fit that plan. Our defense is getting an influx of new young talent so, who knows, perhaps in the next couple of years Capers will have the players he needs to make his schemes work. However, I doubt it. It is what it is, and I'm certain we're stuck with Capers for a while at least.

But I for one would love to see a change made.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From 1976 when Packers went 5-9. See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Packers got to get into the playoffs to get out.........same goes for women !!

Songwriters: Banks, Anthony / Collins, Phil / Gabriel, Peter / Rutherford, Michael / Hackett, Steve

He returns from his mixed-up memories to the passage he was previously stuck in. this time he discovers a long carpeted corridor.

There is lambswool under my naked feet.
The wool is soft and warm,
- gives off some kind of heat.
A salamander scurries into flame to be destroyed.
Imaginary creatures are trapped in birth on celluloid.
The fleas cling to the golden fleece,
Hoping they'll find peace.
Each thought and gesture are caught in celluloid.
There's no hiding in my memory.
There's no room to avoid.

The walls are painted in red ocher and are marked by strange insignia, some looking like a bulls-eye, others of birds and boats. further down the corridor, he can see some people; all kneeling.
Broken sighs and murmurs they struggle, in their slow motion to move towards a wooden door at the end. having seen only the inanimate bodies in the grand parade of lifeless packaging, rael rushe
Talk to them.

The crawlers cover the floor in the red ochre corridor.
For my second sight of people, they've more lifeblood than before.
They're moving in time to a heavy wooden door,
Where the needles eye is winking, closing in on the poor.
The carpet crawlers heed their callers:
Weve got to get in to get out
Weve got to get in to get out
Weve got to get in to get out.

What's going on? he cries to a muttering monk, who conceals a yawn and replies it's a long time yet before the dawn. a sphinx-like crawler calls his name saying don
K him, the monk is drunk. each one of us is trying to reach the top of the stairs, a way out will await us there. not asking how he can move freely, our hero goes boldly through the door.
D a table loaded with food, is a spiral staircase going up into the ceiling.

There's only one direction in the faces that I see;
It's upward to the ceiling, where the chambers said to be.
Like the forest fight for sunlight, that takes root in every tree.
They are pulled up by the magnet, believing they're free.
We've got to get in to get out
We've got to get in to get out.

Mild mannered supermen are held in kryptonite,
And the wise and foolish virgins giggle with their bodies glowing
Bright.
Through a door a harvest feast is lit by candlelight;
It's the bottom of a staircase that spirals out of sight.

The porcelain manikin with shattered skin fears attack.
The eager pack lift up their pitchers - they carry all they lack.
The liquid has congealed, which has seeped out through the crack,
And the tickler takes his stickleback.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:22 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Funny, because I remember wondering whose stash of paint thinner you had gotten into when you were telling me to book a Packers/Seahawks NFC Championship game based on Jim Harbaugh's body language and the trends of the betting public. Must have been one hell of a vacation you took there Laughing

That said, excellent summation of Capers and MM

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 pm

duck wrote:

Unfortunately, my sense is that nothing is going to happen. McCarthy and the Packers in general seem content with Capers. That baffles me because I know our franchise has higher expectations than most, and early playoff exits certainly don't fit that plan. Our defense is getting an influx of new young talent so, who knows, perhaps in the next couple of years Capers will have the players he needs to make his schemes work. However, I doubt it. It is what it is, and I'm certain we're stuck with Capers for a while at least.

Clearly, they believe the breakdown of the defense is the fault of injuries. Playing devils' advocate, he did have to give stiffs like Erik Walden, Brad Jones, and AJ Hawk (see what I did there?) a lot more snaps than any sane situation would have him giving. Charles Woodson was pretty much a corpse in cleats by the end of the season, Tramon Williams hasn't been right in two years since he fucked up his shoulder, etc.

But HD is right- Capers doesn't make ANY allowance for the fact that he was forced to play a bunch of backups/compromised starters in his game planning. That's on him, and I agree that he should have been sent packing the minute the plane landed from SF.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:13 pm

You need ample replacements.......i.e., Bob Brown #78 and Jim Weatherwax #73 up front. Tommy Crutcher #56 and Dick Capp (TE/LB) and a Bill Curry #50. And a Doug Hart. Or alternatively.......just guys that don't get hurt or play hurt.

The lack of a halftime adjustment speaks volumes for dumping Capers......but you guys are right.......dump Capers for who? I still think Lovie Smith would be the right answer.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 pm

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:

Clearly, they believe the breakdown of the defense is the fault of injuries. Playing devils' advocate, he did have to give stiffs like Erik Walden, Brad Jones, and AJ Hawk (see what I did there?) a lot more snaps than any sane situation would have him giving. Charles Woodson was pretty much a corpse in cleats by the end of the season, Tramon Williams hasn't been right in two years since he fucked up his shoulder, etc.

But HD is right- Capers doesn't make ANY allowance for the fact that he was forced to play a bunch of backups/compromised starters in his game planning. That's on him, and I agree that he should have been sent packing the minute the plane landed from SF.

You are absolutely correct that Capers had some pretty weak players to work with, especially at linebacker. Their lack of speed was the major culprit in Kaepernick's running wild. However, every NFL defense has holes (especially at the end of the season when injuries have taken their toll) and Capers could have done a better job of compensating and/or making adjustments.

The fact that he just sat with his thumb up his ass is damning.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Lets wrap this thread up. If your not a seahawks fan.....you aint didlly shit!!!!

Enough said....
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:29 am

go ORIOLES
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick