Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defending McCarthy?

5 posters

Go down

Defending McCarthy? Empty Defending McCarthy?

Post by JnC4GB Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:58 am

Stat of the Day:

Mike McCarthy is 2-38-1 (.053) when trailing by 7+ points at any time in the 2nd half. 

Think about that....For the teams he's had, that's beyond horrific. 
It's flat-out indefensible.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Defending McCarthy? Empty Re: Defending McCarthy?

Post by MB20 Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:43 am

JnC4GB wrote:Stat of the Day:

Mike McCarthy is 2-38-1 (.053) when trailing by 7+ points at any time in the 2nd half. 

Duck will find a way.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:05 pm

MB20 wrote:

Duck will find a way.
Well, I would ask a few questions to get a baseline so I can understand the stat.  That seems to be a pretty damning stat... but what are the numbers for other coaches?  How significant are the differences?  Without this baseline, we have no way to understand the statistic.

Also, these same numbers could be used against Rodgers (or Favre), since they did the bulk of the quarterbacking under McCarthy.  Since Rodgers' numbers would obviously represent the largest subset of that 2-38-1 record, are we going to shake our fists at him?  I think not.

Here's a story about statistics from my personal life.  My cholesterol recently jumped up to the borderline level.   I received an email from my doctor encouraging me to try statins.  She informed me that, based on my numbers, I had a 12% chance of having a heart attack or stroke in the next 10 years.  Well, that got my attention.  However, I wanted to more fully understand her calculations, so I did some research and found the formula she was using and studied it.  Turns out the greatest variable is my AGE.  If you run the numbers on a 61-year-old man with PERFECT cholesterol, he has a 9% chance of having a stroke or heart attack in the next 10 years!  So, the INCREMENTAL difference in risk for me with my slightly elevated cholesterol was 3%.  Big difference and not as scary.  I declined the statins, simply cut down on eggs and my bad cholesterol number dropped 21 points.

Let me make something else very clear before people start spinning shit out of control.  I was appalled at McCarthy's coaching performance yesterday.  He laid a big fat fucking egg.  We already know our defense sucks but that's partly on him too.  His team was not ready.  His play calling was ineffective.  Schwartz completely out-coached him.  His stock took a big hit in my book.

However, am I ready to dump him right now like many others are?  No.  It won't happen either. Capers had better be fired at the end of the season, but MM will get a pass for all the injuries.  As HD mentioned earlier and I repeated last night, MM will likely get another year with the behind-the-scenes stipulation that he has certain goals he must hit next year to retain his job.  You can bitch all you want, but that's what's going to happen.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:16 pm

Proves he is incapable of thinking quickly on his feet.............incapable of adjusting to the game as it comes to him...............just plain incapable on his own to intellectually outsmart / outfox / react to the opponent's coaching staff.  Now why should we PACKER BACKER that (where is ThrottlePlates icon of hot SHIT CHILI/STEW/SOUP)?     Don't forget someone or someones (plural) has to held accountable to the 160,000+ season ticket seats and the 363,000+ stockholders.  When only 13,000 stockholders show up for the meeting you get what you get (a love-fest).............now what if it was standing room only with people picketing..........screaming at Murphy during his speeches, screaming at Thompson during his speech.........the shareholders meeting in its current form has no passion.     What is the real role of the Packers Board of Directors ........... high level corporate stuff........play on the field...........What is their role?  

PACK GO PACK !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Learned today on Friday news conference from McCarthy that , " We have to get better."

This is certainly enlightening. I would have thought we have to get worse.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:19 pm

How basically basic ......... No wonder the pot stinks [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]and minds are wandering towards other attitude adjusters other than the Packers.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down