Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Saturday!

2 posters

Go down

It's Saturday! Empty It's Saturday!

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP
Many veteran players can make things uncomfortable when their time is up.

But Packers center [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was, well, mature in the way he handled his benching. He’s being replaced by third-year player [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a player best known for having been stomped.

But there was no bitterness from Saturday, who led fan voting at his position for the NFC Pro Bowl team (which tells you more about fan voting than Saturday).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. But I support Evan and I know he’s a great player. He’ll get the job done and do what he needs to do to play well and get us a win,” Saturday said, via Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com. “Obviously, I [was] a stop-gap here. There’s no surprise as far as that stuff goes. You’re 37 years old. I’ve been around this thing long enough to know that it’s not a long future. I think if ‘Deedy’ plays well, I wouldn’t think they’d go back and make another change. That’s how I look at it. . . .

“We’re at two totally different points of our career. His is on the up-ramp, mine is on the way out. This is football. It’s a business at the end of the day. I think ‘Deeds’ is going to do a great job and give us a good chance to win games.”

For a guy who has started every game he’s played since 2000 (202 games), made five Pro Bowls and was named to two All-Pro teams, it would have been easy for him to be bitter, or even absent.

Coach Mike McCarthy gave him an out, never announcing the switch, and Saturday admitted the change wasn’t made for medical reasons.

“I’d be lying if I told you it’s not disappointing and tough. I’m here to play football,” Saturday said. “I told coach, I came here to help win a Super Bowl. Winning the NFC North is great, but that wasn’t why I was here. I looked for more of the postseason. It’s disappointing from that side.

“[But] you can’t be affected by your circumstances. I’m a member of the Packers. It’s not just me. If coach McCarthy thinks that gives us the best chance to win and go on and do things in the postseason, then that’s what it is. As a player, it’s always disappointing whenever someone else goes in front of you. It’s a tough thing to deal with. But I’m going to deal with it.

“Here’s the one thing: I can look at my family, I can look at all my players and say I put the best I could be out there. If that’s not good enough and somebody else is better, then they deserve to play. And I’ve always felt like that. I respect ‘Deedy’ enough to say if that’s his, then he needs to take it and go do a good job with it.”

Even if he’s no longer among the five best options on an offensive line that’s leaked all year, Saturday showed once again why he’s one of the most respected players in the league.

How can you not like that? Total class... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

It's Saturday! Empty Re: It's Saturday!

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:08 pm

Our man Jermichael should take a few notes from our man Jeff, anna eh dere yah? As he cracks open another Spotted Cow with a Heavy Duty Magnet Dekalb Bottle Opener (a can't miss stocking stuffer). Arghhhhhhh!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:04 pm

_HD_ wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP

But Packers center [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was, well, mature in the way he handled his benching. He’s being replaced by third-year player [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a player best known for having been stomped.

But there was no bitterness from Saturday, who led fan voting at his position for the NFC Pro Bowl team (which tells you more about fan voting than Saturday).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. But I support Evan and I know he’s a great player. He’ll get the job done and do what he needs to do to play well and get us a win,” Saturday said, via Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com. “Obviously, I [was] a stop-gap here. There’s no surprise as far as that stuff goes. You’re 37 years old. I’ve been around this thing long enough to know that it’s not a long future. I think if ‘Deedy’ plays well, I wouldn’t think they’d go back and make another change. That’s how I look at it. . . .

“We’re at two totally different points of our career. His is on the up-ramp, mine is on the way out. This is football. It’s a business at the end of the day. I think ‘Deeds’ is going to do a great job and give us a good chance to win games.”

For a guy who has started every game he’s played since 2000 (202 games), made five Pro Bowls and was named to two All-Pro teams, it would have been easy for him to be bitter, or even absent.

Coach Mike McCarthy gave him an out, never announcing the switch, and Saturday admitted the change wasn’t made for medical reasons.

“I’d be lying if I told you it’s not disappointing and tough. I’m here to play football,” Saturday said. “I told coach, I came here to help win a Super Bowl. Winning the NFC North is great, but that wasn’t why I was here. I looked for more of the postseason. It’s disappointing from that side.

“[But] you can’t be affected by your circumstances. I’m a member of the Packers. It’s not just me. If coach McCarthy thinks that gives us the best chance to win and go on and do things in the postseason, then that’s what it is. As a player, it’s always disappointing whenever someone else goes in front of you. It’s a tough thing to deal with. But I’m going to deal with it.

“Here’s the one thing: I can look at my family, I can look at all my players and say I put the best I could be out there. If that’s not good enough and somebody else is better, then they deserve to play. And I’ve always felt like that. I respect ‘Deedy’ enough to say if that’s his, then he needs to take it and go do a good job with it.”

Even if he’s no longer among the five best options on an offensive line that’s leaked all year, Saturday showed once again why he’s one of the most respected players in the league.

Yup... and once again it goes to show you that you can't judge a man by his appearance. Whether he's a white guy with a trimmed beard or a black guy with dreads, you can't tell what kind of character he has.

There are a few notable exceptions to this general rule, however. For example, if someone is wearing a Viking jersey you can tell they have a major inferiority complex... and could even be suicidal. Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:41 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP

Yup... and once again it goes to show you that you can't judge a man by his appearance. Whether he's a white guy with a trimmed beard or a black guy with dreads, you can't tell what kind of character he has.

There are a few notable exceptions to this general rule, however. For example, if someone is wearing a Viking jersey you can tell they have a major inferiority complex... and could even be suicidal. Very Happy

Saturday is, as NFL players go, an extremely bright dude. Bright people generally are, of course, more refined...and Saturday's words, deeds, play--and the very way he trims his beard reflect that he is no exception. Saturday is more of a finesse lineman. He's not going to ever maul you and reach down to dekalb you from the feeder roots to your sack--but he's going to make up for that by identifying patterns in your play/alignment that makes sure his ass is planted in your way no matter what you try... A lesser man's career likely would have been over far sooner in his line of work--because maulers rely primarily on their body, and, at 37--the descent is well on its way for most... If you can't pick up the slack with your intellect--then the insurance agency is right around the corner... Wink

Vikings fans are a special breed. What branch of the masochism family-tree does one come from when you have been kicked, beaten, stomped on, violated and pissed on as Vikings fans have--yet keep coming back for more? Somebody along the line pissed off the God's something horrific to be saddled with such Karma... I mean Rummage Sale Red was a blight beyond the great potato famine for Vikings fans only to be followed up by the Zygmunch?! Are you fuckin' Kacked?! That's just not right--not right at all... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:51 pm

It has to have something major to do with the Norwegian bloodlines. One of the absolute maximum boozers I EVER MET (and that says something really really BIG HD.....I EVER MET)......was a guy named Lars. Lars was in this very refined hotel bar in London with a couple of his work blokes........and the man just could not give a shit about anything around him.....with him....through him.....whatever. The guy had some kind of spirits going that went on indefinitely, forever, infinitely.......just one of those real deal.............Jumpin Jack Flash Its a Gas Gas Gas type of fella with a motor like Clay Matthews and a brain like Mike McCarthy LOL LOL LOL LOL. Vikings fans just keep on tickin' no matter how bad it gets. I know a Viking fan who loves to wear his custom made Nitschke 66 VIKINGS JERSEY and sit on or near the 50 yard line at Vikings-Packers game AT LAMBEAU FIELD. They are twisted I say.........T-W-I-S-T-E-D. Then they just keep on twistin' and shoutin'. Karl Kassulke, Paul Krause, Roy Winston, Lonnie Warwick, Jim Marshall, Alan Page, Gary Larson, Carl Eller, Wally Hilgenburg, Earsell MacBee, Bobby Bryant, Ed Sharockman and Charlie West. C'mon baby........there's a whole lot of shakin' goin' on.....let's twist again like we did back in '69.

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:10 am

Hey hey hey.........chill it ---- would ya please chill it!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:24 am

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:23 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:It has to have something major to do with the Norwegian bloodlines.

Watch it, Ringo. I'm a quarter Norwegian. Of course I'm a cue ball now but you should have seen me in my crazy mid-twenties when I had long hair halfway down my back and a wolfman blonde beard. I could out-Thor Thor, that is without all the personal lifestyle shit.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Hey hey hey.........chill it ---- would ya please chill it!

Listen Ringo, I've just about had it... If you can't start to get along with the other Ringo's, I'm going to have to come over there, line you all up--and start delivering power pimp slaps to each and every one of you knuckleheads...and you'll all thank me afterwards... Understand? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down