Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm growing concerned with what has been coming from the Steelers...

Go down

I'm growing concerned with what has been coming from the Steelers... Empty I'm growing concerned with what has been coming from the Steelers...

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:33 pm

The run blocking on this offensive line is atrocious. Please tell me that Tomlin has got to see that. On top of that, his players are soft. And I blame some of that on Tomlin. Letting players take plays off because they got a little sore ankle or jammed their finger or whatever. I have never seen other teams players leave the playing field for such little nonsense.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Steelers coach Mike Tomlin rarely, if ever, deviates from the norm during his postgame press conferences. In victory or defeat, he’s largely stoic and confident.

Yet he seemed genuinely concerned about his team’s future following a 26-23 loss to underdog Tennessee at LP Field on Thursday night.

Tomlin’s confidence was shaken by injuries to several key players. He sounded like an exhausted corpsman checking off the wounded in sick bay, mostly the forces that power an already crippled ground game.

The Steelers (2-3) lost nearly half their offensive linemen — center Maurkice Pouncey (knee) and tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle). Running backs Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) and Isaac Redman (ankle) limped off the field, forcing Baron Batch into the most extensive duty of his abbreviated career.

Batch, who sustained a season-ending knee injury during last year’s training camp, couldn’t envision being in this position. Suddenly, after having only six carries through Week 5, he was handed the ball 12 times with the Titans targeting the run game.

Predictably, the numbers weren’t pretty.

Batch averaged 2.2 yards per carry for 22 of the Steelers’ 56 yards against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. In contrast, the Titans’ Chris Johnson silenced his critics with a 91-yard effort to temper the Steelers’ assault of quarterback Matt Hasselbeck.

“Individual performances aside, we all could have done more,” Tomlin said. “We didn’t do the job.”

The offensive line — even at full strength — didn’t get it done.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

I'm growing concerned with what has been coming from the Steelers... Empty Re: I'm growing concerned with what has been coming from the Steelers...

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:19 pm

TO BE HONEST THIS IS JUST A LOAD OF SHIT...NONE OF THOSE GUYS WERE DOING ANYTHING WHEN TEHY WERE HEALTHY....SO ITS NOT A VALID EXCUSE BY A JOURNALIST..OR A FAN....TEH LINE AND BACKS HAVE BLOWN FOR A LONG TIME...EVEN WHEN HEALTHY...

Back to top Go down

I'm growing concerned with what has been coming from the Steelers... Empty Re: I'm growing concerned with what has been coming from the Steelers...

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:22 pm

HE COULDNT EVEN ENVISION BEING IN THSI SHAPE?...I KOULD AND DID MONTSH BEFORE TEH SEASON STARTED....HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO GO TO WAR WITH SUCH NOBODYS AND THINK IT COULD WORK?....EVERY BACK ON TAHT TEAM NEEDS CUT...AND SEVRAL LINEMEN.....RESHUFFLE TEH MONEY AND GET A LEGIT FEATURE BACK...AND BUY WHAT YOU CAN WITH TEH REST AND US ETEH DRAFT...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down