Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMIII takes a pinch...

+5
KBen
CatalinaMinx
JnC4GB
MB20
~Sheila~
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

CMIII takes a pinch... - Page 3 Empty Re: CMIII takes a pinch...

Post by duck Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:27 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Well Ringo, I'm always up for trying a new brew.  I always like to consult with Beer Advocate tho.  It's the Bible for beer.  Green Line Pale Ale got a mediocre review.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't still try it or that it's not good.  Just sayin'...

Beer Advocate merely tells you the opinion of what other people who have tried the beer think.  Reviews such as this are only as good as the palate of those doing the tasting and are also subject to the deficiencies that come along with bottled beer.  As anyone knows--beer in the barrel...never subjected to hot/cold cycles, light or old stock is far superior...and these pricks on Beer Advocate mostly always are reviewing bottled beer...  Beyond that--roughly 80% of the population has their head up their asses to some degree or another anyway.  It's one source of info--but there is no substitute for the dance your own taste buds do... 
Oh, absolutely.  Nevertheless I still find Beer Advocate to be a useful tool.  The people who write reviews are generally NOT by Coors-swilling kicks; they are by people who love beer just the way we enjoy football.  Each reviewer has his own bias and after a while you can get a sense of who's dialed in and who isn't.  More to the point, you can get a feel for which reviews might be most relevant to your own taste.  In many ways it's like a message board just like this.

By the way, they do NOT just review bottled beer.  They usually specify in the review whether they drank the beer on draft or from the bottle.  Breweries and ale houses get reviewed too.
From what I've seen 90%+ of the reviews are bottled beer...and the specialty offerings end up staying on the shelf generally for quite some time while the masses buy up their cheap swill.  If Miller Genuine Draft and beers like it were the only beers available--I simply wouldn't drink beer.

Fuck no.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:05 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Well Ringo, I'm always up for trying a new brew.  I always like to consult with Beer Advocate tho.  It's the Bible for beer.  Green Line Pale Ale got a mediocre review.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't still try it or that it's not good.  Just sayin'...

Beer Advocate merely tells you the opinion of what other people who have tried the beer think.  Reviews such as this are only as good as the palate of those doing the tasting and are also subject to the deficiencies that come along with bottled beer.  As anyone knows--beer in the barrel...never subjected to hot/cold cycles, light or old stock is far superior...and these pricks on Beer Advocate mostly always are reviewing bottled beer...  Beyond that--roughly 80% of the population has their head up their asses to some degree or another anyway.  It's one source of info--but there is no substitute for the dance your own taste buds do... 
Oh, absolutely.  Nevertheless I still find Beer Advocate to be a useful tool.  The people who write reviews are generally NOT by Coors-swilling kicks; they are by people who love beer just the way we enjoy football.  Each reviewer has his own bias and after a while you can get a sense of who's dialed in and who isn't.  More to the point, you can get a feel for which reviews might be most relevant to your own taste.  In many ways it's like a message board just like this.

By the way, they do NOT just review bottled beer.  They usually specify in the review whether they drank the beer on draft or from the bottle.  Breweries and ale houses get reviewed too.
From what I've seen 90%+ of the reviews are bottled beer...and the specialty offerings end up staying on the shelf generally for quite some time while the masses buy up their cheap swill.  If Miller Genuine Draft and beers like it were the only beers available--I simply wouldn't drink beer.
Fuck no.

Nah yer singin' meh toooon...  Cum on ovah
ta meh poo parteh, Duckman...

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:25 pm

_HD_ wrote:one of the very best I've tasted in the past few years a couple of days ago in a cool waterfront bar on River Street in Savanna, GA.  
Shit man, you shoulda said something. Me and Mrs JnC were just there last year...coulda told you about the best goddamn shrimp and grits on the face of the EARTH at an old antebellum mansion restaurant called The Pink Lady.
Heart attack on a plate, but LORDY were they a death-row last meal request.

How'd you like the place? I thought it was fucked up in a good way. Please tell me you didn't go to Lady & Sons...
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:47 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:one of the very best I've tasted in the past few years a couple of days ago in a cool waterfront bar on River Street in Savanna, GA.  
Shit man, you shoulda said something. Me and Mrs JnC were just there last year...coulda told you about the best goddamn shrimp and grits on the face of the EARTH at an old antebellum mansion restaurant called The Pink Lady.

How'd you like the place? I thought it was fucked up in a good way. Please tell me you didn't go to Lady & Sons...
No shit?  Cool.  Doesn't surprise me you'd target that city...

I loved it--really did.  Wasn't able to stay long as there were lots of other places to go and people to meet...but it's a place I'll go back to for sure at some point with a special lady and stay awhile.  As you know--it's that type of town.  Wonderful interlaced southern hospitality and romantic charm in a historic, slow-moving world where people stroll the streets and stop to watch the butterflies frolic and lick every last bit of celery salt off the rims of their bloody mary's with brunch at the cobblestone sidewalk cafes...  The seafood there was tremendous--but actually had an even better dinner the night before in Charleston.  Cool, cool place.  Far from the tightly regulated world we live in up here...  Very Happy  

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:57 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

I loved it--really did.  Wasn't able to stay long as there were lots of other places to go and people to meet...but it's a place I'll go back to for sure at some point with a special lady and stay awhile.  As you know--it's that type of town.  Wonderful interlaced southern hospitality and romantic charm in a historic, slow-moving world where people stroll the streets and stop to watch the butterflies frolic and lick every last bit of celery salt off the rims of their bloody mary's with brunch at the cobblestone sidewalk cafes...  The seafood there was tremendous--but actually had an even better dinner the night before in Charleston.  Cool, cool place.  Far from the tightly regulated world we live in up here...  Very Happy  
Nice.
Charleston's on my list.

The South...like I said, fucked up, but in a good way
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:36 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

Nice.
Charleston's on my list.

The South...like I said, fucked up, but in a good way
Wow.........discussion on Charleston and Savannah on the PackersMMTTSuckBoard.  I spent a whole week in Savannah about 10 years ago........many nights at the river bars.........yes plenty of shrimp and oysters.......and in town a few establishments.  The place has "gay" side (not sure if you guys knew that or not).   Moss on the trees etc.....a real southern feelgood place.    Some people love the place........not my cup of tea really.    Charleston......the great seafood joint Hymans Seafood.   Excellent place called Hanks too.   Low country creole.......something different for sure.   Homemade baskets for $600 made in the market.  Now how about some breakfast at the SeaBiscuit in Isle of Palms? ....... that is living!!    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Beer talk for Duck.   Hey Duck.........it is NOT imperative that every beer/ale that I drink shall be some high end full-bodied classic.     Sometimes one wishes to accelerate the process with a dozen Heineken Lights and 2 or 3 shots of Hennesey.  Whoops.........there it is.  Drinking is one thing........getting loaded is another.  How you get there depends on the pocketbook and the availability of liquids.    Even Miller High Life and few shots of chilled Patron silver can work very nicely too.  The most important thing is not what you drink........but rather who you are drinking with.    Sharing rotgut with a great person beats the alternatives.  Whammo!!........Zippee!!........Go Go GO PACKERs!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:40 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Beer talk for Duck.   Hey Duck.........it is NOT imperative that every beer/ale that I drink shall be some high end full-bodied classic.     Sometimes one wishes to accelerate the process with a dozen Heineken Lights and 2 or 3 shots of Hennesey.  Whoops.........there it is.  Drinking is one thing........getting loaded is another.  How you get there depends on the pocketbook and the availability of liquids.    Even Miller High Life and few shots of chilled Patron silver can work very nicely too.  The most important thing is not what you drink........but rather who you are drinking with.    Sharing rotgut with a great person beats the alternatives.  Whammo!!........Zippee!!........Go Go GO PACKERs!

Damn Ringo, thirty years ago I would have been with you stride for stride.  In fact, mere drinking was a woefully inadequate high.  Throw in a gram of coke, several joints of quality sinsemilla, and maybe on occasion a hit of acid or a few shrooms and you would have captured a good evening during my John Belushi phase.  Waking up the next morning with a ripping headache but in the company of some hot chick I barely recognized always added to the pizazz of the experience.

But now?  Jesus Christ.  You know I still drink... and much more than someone in his sixties probably should... but there's no fucking way I can do that anymore.  There are only so many Keith Richards and Hunter Thompsons in the world.

I salute you, comrade Ringo!!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:10 am

duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:Beer talk for Duck.   Hey Duck.........it is NOT imperative that every beer/ale that I drink shall be some high end full-bodied classic.     Sometimes one wishes to accelerate the process with a dozen Heineken Lights and 2 or 3 shots of Hennesey.  Whoops.........there it is.  Drinking is one thing........getting loaded is another.  How you get there depends on the pocketbook and the availability of liquids.    Even Miller High Life and few shots of chilled Patron silver can work very nicely too.  The most important thing is not what you drink........but rather who you are drinking with.    Sharing rotgut with a great person beats the alternatives.  Whammo!!........Zippee!!........Go Go GO PACKERs!
Damn Ringo, thirty years ago I would have been with you stride for stride.  In fact, mere drinking was a woefully inadequate high.  Throw in a gram of coke, several joints of quality sinsemilla, and maybe on occasion a hit of acid or a few shrooms and you would have captured a good evening during my John Belushi phase.  Waking up the next morning with a ripping headache but in the company of some hot chick I barely recognized always added to the pizazz of the experience.

Like a Star @ heaven Fuckin' A right big daddy!! Like a Star @ heaven   Like a Star @ heaven You were the truck stop hott mushroom gravy big gulp of hott azz pizazz and I can't stop smearing little debbie snack cakes all over my hooters thinking about you!! Like a Star @ heaven  Stop by for another turn on the wheel, big boy!! Like a Star @ heaven    Round 2 is when I really break out the shitzzz. Like a Star @ heaven Bring some more fuckin' weed! Like a Star @ heaven    Like a Star @ heaven  Your baby, Clarissa  XOXOXOXO  

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:48 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Like a Star @ heaven Fuckin' A right big daddy!! Like a Star @ heaven   Like a Star @ heaven You were the truck stop hott mushroom gravy big gulp of hott azz pizazz and I can't stop smearing little debbie snack cakes all over my hooters thinking about you!! Like a Star @ heaven  Stop by for another turn on the wheel, big boy!! Like a Star @ heaven    Round 2 is when I really break out the shitzzz. Like a Star @ heaven Bring some more fuckin' weed! Like a Star @ heaven   <kisses and smooches> Like a Star @ heaven  Your baby, Clarissa  XOXOXOXO  

You have no idea, HD... no friggin idea.  I admit I was a disaster but damn, in this regard, I was... let's just say... an overachiever.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:08 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Like a Star @ heaven Fuckin' A right big daddy!! Like a Star @ heaven   Like a Star @ heaven You were the truck stop hott mushroom gravy big gulp of hott azz pizazz and I can't stop smearing little debbie snack cakes all over my hooters thinking about you!! Like a Star @ heaven  Stop by for another turn on the wheel, big boy!! Like a Star @ heaven    Round 2 is when I really break out the shitzzz. Like a Star @ heaven Bring some more fuckin' weed! Like a Star @ heaven    Like a Star @ heaven  Your baby, Clarissa  XOXOXOXO  
You have no idea, HD... no friggin idea.  I admit I was a disaster but damn, in this regard, I was... let's just say... an overachiever.

Very Happy  This is good, Duck.  I'm comforted in that, I really am.  That Walmart bitch flopping her ass around really had me disturbed and nearly ready to wretch...  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:30 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Like a Star @ heaven Fuckin' A right big daddy!! Like a Star @ heaven   Like a Star @ heaven You were the truck stop hott mushroom gravy big gulp of hott azz pizazz and I can't stop smearing little debbie snack cakes all over my hooters thinking about you!! Like a Star @ heaven  Stop by for another turn on the wheel, big boy!! Like a Star @ heaven    Round 2 is when I really break out the shitzzz. Like a Star @ heaven Bring some more fuckin' weed! Like a Star @ heaven   <kisses and smooches> Like a Star @ heaven  Your baby, Clarissa  XOXOXOXO  

Very Happy  This is good, Duck.  I'm comforted in that, I really am.  That Walmart bitch flopping her ass around really had me disturbed and nearly ready to wretch...  Laughing
Yes, that was pretty awful to watch.  So sorry!  Twisted Evil 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:43 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Yes, that was pretty awful to watch.  So sorry!  Twisted Evil 
Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3