Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMIII takes a pinch...

+5
KBen
CatalinaMinx
JnC4GB
MB20
~Sheila~
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CMIII takes a pinch... - Page 2 Empty Re: CMIII takes a pinch...

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:48 am

Lou Malnati's pizza and a pitcher of Green Line pale ale (got that Duck).......see photo of pizza and then try to beat it anywhere in the world  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .  That Lou Malnati's pizza beats the best calamari and marinara sauce combo anywhere, anyplace, anytime..........not to mention a nice pile of international olives and an antipasti plate along with your exquisite glass of red wine.   

On the other hand......when in Boston I go to Rabia's to get my Italian fix......see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

I imagine Vince Lombardi loved Italian food too !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:47 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Lou Malnati's pizza and a pitcher of Green Line pale ale (got that Duck).......see photo of pizza and then try to beat it anywhere in the world  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .  That Lou Malnati's pizza beats the best calamari and marinara sauce combo anywhere, anyplace, anytime..........not to mention a nice pile of international olives and an antipasti plate along with your exquisite glass of red wine.   

On the other hand......when in Boston I go to Rabia's to get my Italian fix......see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

Well Ringo, I'm always up for trying a new brew.  I always like to consult with Beer Advocate tho.  It's the Bible for beer.  Green Line Pale Ale got a mediocre review.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't still try it or that it's not good.  Just sayin'...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:16 pm

duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:Lou Malnati's pizza and a pitcher of Green Line pale ale (got that Duck).......see photo of pizza and then try to beat it anywhere in the world  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .  That Lou Malnati's pizza beats the best calamari and marinara sauce combo anywhere, anyplace, anytime..........not to mention a nice pile of international olives and an antipasti plate along with your exquisite glass of red wine.   

Well Ringo, I'm always up for trying a new brew.  I always like to consult with Beer Advocate tho.  It's the Bible for beer.  Green Line Pale Ale got a mediocre review.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't still try it or that it's not good.  Just sayin'...

I question your beeradvocate knowledge source.   What is a good beer/ale anyway Duck?   Hell my latest basic fare is Heineken Light.   I can drink several of those while mixing in some nice cognac in between.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:25 pm

There's a great relatively new beer made in Duck's neck of the woods. A high alcohol content beer that doesn't taste like one...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:49 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:

I question your beeradvocate knowledge source.   What is a good beer/ale anyway Duck?   Hell my latest basic fare is Heineken Light.   I can drink several of those while mixing in some nice cognac in between.

Heineken Lite -- in fact any "Lite" beer -- is something best poured on the head of someone like PFKIA or the cage boy.  Look at the previous post.  JnC gets it.  A good beer is something with flavor.  And it doesn't hurt if it has some "bite" too.

Something you can drink several of while trying to down some hard alcohol is a waste of time.

Here is my present go to beer...

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:50 pm

JnC4GB wrote:There's a great relatively new beer made in Duck's neck of the woods. A high alcohol content beer that doesn't taste like one...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. 

Dynamite.  You have excellent taste in beer, my friend.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:30 pm

Here's another beer I highly, highly recommend.  In fact I just had a couple of them!

Last edited by duck on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Blind Pig IPA)
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:05 am

Not always in the mood for real beer/ale........then have an ice cold Heineken Light instead.    Pooooooof!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:06 am

I highly recommended Murphy's Stout.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:03 am

duck wrote:Here is my present go to beer...

An excellent beer, but a wee bit too aggressive with the bitterness/hops for me to make it my "go to". I wouldn't hit it until beer #3 or 4 of the evening --unless I was having it with assertive food. It'd wash down a spicy Italian sausage hoagie pretty damn well.Cool
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:13 am

Duck, have you looked at the places with major selections for any Wisconsin beers? Did you find some and have you tried any?

For the record, the New Glarus Spotted Cow that Ringo talks about is terrific. As for Leinenkugel, the "original" tastes like soapy dishwater. A truly dreadful beer that is inexplicably popular. The "Red" is drinkable, but the "original" Leinies? No 

Then again, if you can drink shitty Heineken light, maybe you'd like it. Wink
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:20 am

Another recommendation...

A manly beer. 

The type of beer that slaps douchebag hipsters in the face and makes them cry.

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Duck, have you looked at the places with major selections for any Wisconsin beers? Did you find some and have you tried any?

For the record, the New Glarus Spotted Cow that Ringo talks about is terrific. As for Leinenkugel, the "original" tastes like soapy dishwater. A truly dreadful beer that is inexplicably popular. The "Red" is drinkable, but the "original" Leinies? No 

To be honest, I haven't tried many Wisconsin beers, tho I'd like to.

The only one I'm familiar with is Leinenkugel and, like you, I was very unimpressed.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:51 am

I want a grinder...Smile
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:02 am

Toddseahawks wrote:I want a grinder...Smile
Heh.

Long as it's not a faggy panini Wink
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ILvLamp Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:07 am

JnC4GB wrote:

An excellent beer, but a wee bit too aggressive with the bitterness/hops for me to make it my "go to". I wouldn't hit it until beer #3 or 4 of the evening --unless I was having it with assertive food. It'd wash down a spicy Italian sausage hoagie pretty damn well.Cool
How does one determine if the Italian sausage is assertive? Does it extend beyond the hoagie bun? Does it squirt in your face when you dive into it? Please define.

ILvLamp
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:08 pm

ILvLamp wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

How does one determine if the Italian sausage is assertive? Does it extend beyond the hoagie bun? Does it squirt in your face when you dive into it? Please define.
I'd say it's about how it feels on the tongue...and more importantly how it feels after swallowing it. Did it go down easy or did it leave you with watering eyes, gasping for air, and with a strong urge to cleanse your palette before you tackle it again?

Basketball
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:33 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
ILvLamp wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

I'd say it's about how it feels on the tongue...and more importantly how it feels after swallowing it. Did it go down easy or did it leave you with watering eyes, gasping for air, and with a strong urge to cleanse your palette before you tackle it again?

Basketball

I'm not going to comment on this post, nope not at all!   lol    Surprised  
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by KBen Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:17 pm

ILvLamp wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

And here I thought little Miss Lampy was the in house expert on assertive sausages squirting in her face  Wink 
KBen
KBen

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:20 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
ILvLamp wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

Basketball
I need a cigarette after that and I don't even smoke. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:04 pm

duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:Duck, have you looked at the places with major selections for any Wisconsin beers? Did you find some and have you tried any?

To be honest, I haven't tried many Wisconsin beers, tho I'd like to.

The only one I'm familiar with is Leinenkugel and, like you, I was very unimpressed.
Leinies?  Yuck.  Soapy Dishwater actually is a remarkably good description of that weasel piss.  I had a fantastically smooth brew--one of the very best I've tasted in the past few years a couple of days ago in a cool waterfront bar on River Street in Savanna, GA.  This shit just blew me away...  At $9/pint--it's not cheap--but the owner told me he pays $190 for a half barrel and can't keep enough of it in stock...  One taste and I knew why...  Ringo will like it.  Turns out it is brewed in no less than Kiln, Mississippi...  Wink  

Southern Pecan
Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale is the first beer in the world, to our knowledge, made with whole roasted pecans. The pecans are used just like grain and provide a nutty characteristic and a delightful depth to the flavor profile. This beer is very lightly hopped to allow the malty, caramel, and nutty flavors shine through. The color is dark mahogany. Southern Pecan won a Bronze Medal in the 2006 World Beer Cup in the Specialty Beer category.

Last edited by _HD_ on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Beer Advocate merely tells you the opinion of what other people who have tried the beer think.  Reviews such as this are only as good as the palate of those doing the tasting and are also subject to the deficiencies that come along with bottled beer.  As anyone knows--beer in the barrel...never subjected to hot/cold cycles, light or old stock is far superior...and these pricks on Beer Advocate mostly always are reviewing bottled beer...  Beyond that--roughly 80% of the population has their head up their asses to some degree or another anyway.  It's one source of info--but there is no substitute for the dance your own taste buds do... 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Toddseahawks wrote:I want a grinder...Smile
Most bitches do...  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:51 pm

_HD_ wrote:Well Ringo, I'm always up for trying a new brew.  I always like to consult with Beer Advocate tho.  It's the Bible for beer.  Green Line Pale Ale got a mediocre review.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't still try it or that it's not good.  Just sayin'...

Beer Advocate merely tells you the opinion of what other people who have tried the beer think.  Reviews such as this are only as good as the palate of those doing the tasting and are also subject to the deficiencies that come along with bottled beer.  As anyone knows--beer in the barrel...never subjected to hot/cold cycles, light or old stock is far superior...and these pricks on Beer Advocate mostly always are reviewing bottled beer...  Beyond that--roughly 80% of the population has their head up their asses to some degree or another anyway.  It's one source of info--but there is no substitute for the dance your own taste buds do... 
Oh, absolutely.  Nevertheless I still find Beer Advocate to be a useful tool.  The people who write reviews are generally NOT by Coors-swilling kicks; they are by people who love beer just the way we enjoy football.  Each reviewer has his own bias and after a while you can get a sense of who's dialed in and who isn't.  More to the point, you can get a feel for which reviews might be most relevant to your own taste.  In many ways it's like a message board just like this.

By the way, they do NOT just review bottled beer.  They usually specify in the review whether they drank the beer on draft or from the bottle.  Breweries and ale houses get reviewed too.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:34 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Well Ringo, I'm always up for trying a new brew.  I always like to consult with Beer Advocate tho.  It's the Bible for beer.  Green Line Pale Ale got a mediocre review.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't still try it or that it's not good.  Just sayin'...

Oh, absolutely.  Nevertheless I still find Beer Advocate to be a useful tool.  The people who write reviews are generally NOT by Coors-swilling kicks; they are by people who love beer just the way we enjoy football.  Each reviewer has his own bias and after a while you can get a sense of who's dialed in and who isn't.  More to the point, you can get a feel for which reviews might be most relevant to your own taste.  In many ways it's like a message board just like this.

By the way, they do NOT just review bottled beer.  They usually specify in the review whether they drank the beer on draft or from the bottle.  Breweries and ale houses get reviewed too.
From what I've seen 90%+ of the reviews are bottled beer...and the specialty offerings end up staying on the shelf generally for quite some time while the masses buy up their cheap swill.  If Miller Genuine Draft and beers like it were the only beers available--I simply wouldn't drink beer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next