Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* First-team offense takes big step forward

2 posters

Go down

* First-team offense takes big step forward Empty * First-team offense takes big step forward

Post by KeithUCF Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:32 pm

SAN DIEGO -- The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] offense was vastly improved from the first preseason game.

In the opener against Oakland, the Cowboys produced just one first down with the first team. Saturday night at San Diego, the top group produced a field goal and six first downs. The run game, which struggled against Oakland, looked good Saturday. Running back [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] had two five-yard runs and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] produced rushes of six and eight yards.

"We obviously moved the ball much better on offense," coach Jason Garrett said. "We made plays in the passing game and I thought we ran it better. I thought we protected better. We got bogged down a couple times with some penalties in the first half; we obviously have to clean those up. We have to continue to work on that as a coaching staff and the players have to take that to the ball game."

Overall, quarterback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] looked more comfortable in the pocket. He completed 9-of-13 passes for 75 yards. He led the Cowboys on a field goal drive on the second offensive possession and was able to produce 102 of total offense.

Romo wasn't sacked Saturday night and was quite pleased with center [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who played three quarters.

"Arkin's been doing good, he keeps improving," Romo said. "He showed some really good signs and some good things and we have to go back and watch the tape and see what we need to correct. I'm proud of his effort. I don't know if anybody has ever taken as many snaps in the preseason or practice. He probably has set a record for snaps played in practice and in games."
KeithUCF
KeithUCF
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

* First-team offense takes big step forward Empty Re: * First-team offense takes big step forward

Post by ARIMDW97 Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:02 pm

HI KEITH

ALOHA WHERE can I get the schedule for week 1 in the NFL

Season Starts 6 September Thursday

No schedule in sight Not poste4d on thois AO HELL BOARD

Why isn't it posted on this Board Like it used to be when we had our Old AOL Board

This Board is AO HELL run from India

Mis-Managed in India and the Phillippines

LTC AL EISNER

E-MAIL [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Surprised bounce What a Face Idea Evil or Very Mad

ARIMDW97

Back to top Go down