Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jets Pick Up Fifth Quarterback!

+3
~Sheila~
IrishJets1129
LRJets
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jets Pick Up Fifth Quarterback! - Page 2 Empty Re: Jets Pick Up Fifth Quarterback!

Post by LRJets Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:13 am

Dmounts wrote:Wow throw the whole year for a Defensive player?
Believe me, the Jets don't throw games.  They lose without trying to.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Jets Pick Up Fifth Quarterback! - Page 2 Empty Re: Jets Pick Up Fifth Quarterback!

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:42 am

LRJets wrote:
Dmounts wrote:Wow throw the whole year for a Defensive player?
Believe me, the Jets don't throw games.  They lose without trying to.

Awww.....
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:04 am

To whom it may concern. Please stop with the woe is us (Jets Fans) attitude. I've seen it many times on this board and the AOL message board. You sound like Red Sox fans. If it doesn't apply to you, no hard feelings. But if the shoe fits...... 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:20 am

NY JETS1 wrote:To whom it may concern. Please stop with the woe is us (Jets Fans) attitude. I've seen it many times on this board and the AOL message board. You sound like Red Sox fans. If it doesn't apply to you, no hard feelings. But if the shoe fits...... 
Guess it applies to me.  I was a Giants fan in the Allie Sherman days in the early 60s.  I then became a Jets fan as the Titans were just about morphing into the Jets.
Four Giants Super Bowls later, I'm still a Jets fan.
I've seen the trolls on Florio's PFT daily knock the Jets, "circus" "Sanchez", "Buttfumble" etc.  day after day.  I usually post and it gets deleted due to my defending the Jets.

Having said all the above, after decades of suffering with the Jets, I deserve to rant.  The only solution to my infrequent posts here, is to block/ignore me.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:35 am

LRJets wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:To whom it may concern. Please stop with the woe is us (Jets Fans) attitude. I've seen it many times on this board and the AOL message board. You sound like Red Sox fans. If it doesn't apply to you, no hard feelings. But if the shoe fits...... 
Guess it applies to me.  I was a Giants fan in the Allie Sherman days in the early 60s.  I then became a Jets fan as the Titans were just about morphing into the Jets.
Four Giants Super Bowls later, I'm still a Jets fan.
I've seen the trolls on Florio's PFT daily knock the Jets, "circus" "Sanchez", "Buttfumble" etc.  day after day.  I usually post and it gets deleted due to my defending the Jets.

Having said all the above, after decades of suffering with the Jets, I deserve to rant.  The only solution to my infrequent posts here, is to block/ignore me.
LR I didn't have you in mind per say but I have seen a lot of those kind of posts not necessary from you. It was also to tweak a Pats troll that likes to visit us here. I have no problem with your posts or anyone that posts here, in fact I look forward to them. I remember when I took an unpopular position on the AOL board on the Paterno issue. You and Jetter were 2 of the few that knew how to disagree with class and made me feel welcomed. I don't forget things like that. I know it's hard being a Jets fan, but we have had our good moments. IMO it looks like another lean year for the Jets before things start looking up. But I could be wrong, that's why they play the games. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:31 pm

LR I didn't have you in mind per say but I have seen a lot of those kind of posts not necessary from you. It was also to tweak a Pats troll that likes to visit us here. I have no problem with your posts or anyone that posts here, in fact I look forward to them. I remember when I took an unpopular position on the AOL board on the Paterno issue. You and Jetter were 2 of the few that knew how to disagree with class and made me feel welcomed. I don't forget things like that. I know it's hard being a Jets fan, but we have had our good moments. IMO it looks like another lean year for the Jets before things start looking up. But I could be wrong, that's why they play the games.

I owe you an apology.  I have been so busy (football-fan wise) fighting on PFT with fans who do not state their team, yet f*** with the Jets daily.   It seems I am on my last nerve. 
I cannot get past Tannenbaum re-newing Sanchez' contract, and Rex? I have been a staunch defender of his for four years.
He has made decisions that are really stupid at best.  I don't have to tell you, you are aware.
Look, I give credit to any Jets fan living or comes from the NY area.  It's so easy to have been a Giants fan.  So when a guy in New Jersy becomes a Packers fan, or a whatever fan, it's obvious because the particular team has shown success in order for that fan to band wagon.
A ton of Pittsburgh Steeler fans live in Ohio.  They don't want to be Browns or Bengals.
Anyway, I will die bleeding green, so forgive my sometime frustration with them.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:37 pm

No apology needed. Hey, part of the message board is to come here and vent. I know, I do it too. Rex still has a chance to be a good coach but he should leave the predictions to Joe Namath. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:05 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:No apology needed. Hey, part of the message board is to come here and vent. I know, I do it too. Rex still has a chance to be a good coach but he should leave the predictions to Joe Namath. 
As recently as last week, Rex predicted they'll have a top 5 defense.  To what benefit is saying so???

Would Belichick?  Shanahan?  Payton?   Any one?
It only sets you up as a target.
Just do it, and shut up!!

It's that "Ryan DNA"
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:17 pm

LRJets wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:No apology needed. Hey, part of the message board is to come here and vent. I know, I do it too. Rex still has a chance to be a good coach but he should leave the predictions to Joe Namath. 
As recently as last week, Rex predicted they'll have a top 5 defense.  To what benefit is saying so???

It's that "Ryan DNA"
Or as I like to call it. TouRex Syndrome.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by lirok Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Harrell was cut for Quinn.
lirok
lirok

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:25 pm

lirok wrote:Harrell was cut for Quinn.
Frying pan-fire

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:43 am

Brady Quinn is signed by the Jets. I liked Quinn coming out of ND. I really thought he was going to be a star. Can't forget that ND-USC game Quinn vs Leinart. Quinn was outstanding. Was of the opinion, the Jets should have made a deal for him instead of bringing Favre here. At the time, Anderson was the QB of the Browns and doing well with Quinn the backup. Quinn has had the misfortune of playing for terrible teams with no committment to build around him. Still, in this day and age of QB importance, you have to show the ability to make plays and put points on the board. Quinn hasn't been able to do that consistently. All that said, at the age of 29, I don't know what Quinn can do for the Jets other than be more QB cannon fodder in case of injury. He is certainly not the future, but certainly a better option than Graham Harrell. The Jets say Quinn can mentor Smith. What a laugh! Quinn, a mentor? The guy only started 20 games!

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:58 pm

What a laugh! Quinn, a mentor? The guy only started 20 games!

And won 4!!!
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:08 pm

An improvement. This season is probably Sanchez's last with the Jets and they are going to need QB's even if Geno is their #1. I like the move.
Geno
Simms
Quinn

Not great, but not the worst QB trio.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:10 pm

wassejet wrote:
Brady Quinn is signed by the Jets. I liked Quinn coming out of ND. I really thought he was going to be a star. Can't forget that ND-USC game Quinn vs Leinart. Quinn was outstanding. Was of the opinion, the Jets should have made a deal for him instead of bringing Favre here. At the time, Anderson was the QB of the Browns and doing well with Quinn the backup. Quinn has had the misfortune of playing for terrible teams with no committment to build around him. Still, in this day and age of QB importance, you have to show the ability to make plays and put points on the board. Quinn hasn't been able to do that consistently. All that said, at the age of 29, I don't know what Quinn can do for the Jets other than be more QB cannon fodder in case of injury. He is certainly not the future, but certainly a better option than Graham Harrell. The Jets say Quinn can mentor Smith. What a laugh! Quinn, a mentor? The guy only started 20 games!
But that's 20 more than Geno plus he has hours under his belt looking at film.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:11 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
LRJets wrote:

It's that "Ryan DNA"
Or as I like to call it. TouRex Syndrome.

He really does need to stop talking!!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:13 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
An improvement. This season is probably Sanchez's last with the Jets and they are going to need QB's even if Geno is their #1. I like the move.
Geno
Simms
Quinn

I'd really like to see what Simms can do. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:25 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:
Geno
Simms
Quinn

I'd really like to see what Simms can do. 
Me 2. On the field he's out played all the other QB's.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:09 am

Jets now are back to 4 QB's  Geno Smith 22 as the Starter Matt Simms 24 as the back up and Brady Quinn 26 3rd Stings.  Sanchez 26 on IR. This is the time to trade Mark Sanchez to any teams that want him.  I know they wont get a 1st dont think they could get a 2nd now.  BUT IF they can get a 3rd or maybe a 4th Jets should make that trades.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:14 am

God help me I'm a Jets Fans. Sad
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by lirok Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:57 am

Hey LR, thats my Namath sign !!!!!!!!!! LOL
lirok
lirok

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:56 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:God help me I'm a Jets Fans. Sad
Are you a NY Mets fan as well?   Shocked
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:46 pm

lirok wrote:Hey LR, thats my Namath sign !!!!!!!!!! LOL
Rock, it's all yours.  Laughing 

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:50 am

NY JETS1 wrote:To whom it may concern. Please stop with the woe is us (Jets Fans) attitude. I've seen it many times on this board and the AOL message board. You sound like Red Sox fans.

Wrong.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:35 pm

Even if it takes 86 years!!!
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next