Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jets Pick Up Fifth Quarterback!

+3
~Sheila~
IrishJets1129
LRJets
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jets Pick Up Fifth Quarterback! Empty Jets Pick Up Fifth Quarterback!

Post by LRJets Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:16 am

FIVE QUARTERBACKS??? 11 days before Opening Day?
Only the Jets prescribe to quantity over quality. Just use Simms to start, see what he can do. You can always put in Smith if McElroy is still not 100%.
Graham Harrell? Beat out by Vince Young, so he is a Jet. Of course!
They cut kicker Billy Cundiff who made every kick in camp to get Dan Carpenter, recently cut from the Dolphins and a cup of coffee with Az.  Carpenter missed a FG in 2011 allowing the Jets to squaek by Miami.
What a roster! What a team!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Jets Pick Up Fifth Quarterback! Empty Re: Jets Pick Up Fifth Quarterback!

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:39 am

Hey he from GB, there was some good QB's that was a Packers who went on to another teams that done well. We shall see
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:03 am

I feel they should use Simms to start as well.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 am

IrishJets1129 wrote:Hey he from GB, there was some good QB's that was a Packers who went on to another teams that done well. We shall see
I haven't the faintest idea what the Jets will do with any of the quarterbacks beyond Sanchez and Smith.  With Thursday being the last game, how many snaps could the others get?

Dumb move again by Jets.  At least try Simms for a series or two.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:25 pm

LRJets wrote:

....Dumb move again by Jets.  At least try Simms for a series or two.
I saw that Matt Hasselbeck is a backup QB for the Colts. Fat chance he's going to play this season. Why don't the dumbass Jets make a deal for him? He's not the greatest QB that ever played, but he's not bad, and certainly better than what they have. He'll give the Jets offense some credibility this year while they figure out who their long term QB should be. They certainly don't seem to have a clue at this point.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:21 pm

wassejet wrote:
I saw that Matt Hasselbeck is a backup QB for the Colts. Fat chance he's going to play this season. Why don't the dumbass Jets make a deal for him? He's not the greatest QB that ever played, but he's not bad, and certainly better than what they have. He'll give the Jets offense some credibility this year while they figure out who their long term QB should be. They certainly don't seem to have a clue at this point.
The Jets just need an arm behind Simms.  Tells us that Smith will probably start week 1, and this guy Harrell will be cut Friday.  And Sanchez is far from ready.
Never saw any team in any sport more messed up than these Jets, and I'm also a Knicks and Mets fan!!

Can Browning Nagle be far behind?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:39 am

Jets said Matt Simms will be starting tonight.  McElroy have a injury not sure if he playing tonight. I would think Harrell will play sometime in the 3rd or 4th QT,  And I would think Smith will get some reps tonight as well.   I'm hoping that Simms beat out McElroy and Harrell for the back up or 3th back up.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:40 am

IrishJets1129 wrote:Jets said Matt Simms will be starting tonight.  McElroy have a injury not sure if he playing tonight. I would think Harrell will play sometime in the 3rd or 4th QT,  And I would think Smith will get some reps tonight as well.   I'm hoping that Simms beat out McElroy and Harrell for the back up or 3th back up.
Nice to finally see someone in a Jets uniform with a cannon for an arm. However, these are the Jets, they probably cut Simms (and Harrell) and stick with McElroy.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:26 pm

The best thing that can happen to the Jets is if they finish with record that gives them a high enough pick to draft Clowney. A record like that will also insure that Rex and his big mouth won't be coaching the Jets next season.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Hope is quite scarce in Jet Nation.

I can dream, and I can dream that Simms makes such an impact tonight, he leap frogs both Sanchez and Smith.

Better arm, minimal experience, not shy to throw/execute.

Idzik and Ryan can't reach a decision, let Simms reach it for them.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:26 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:I feel they should use Simms to start as well.
Me too! At least for right now.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:29 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:Jets said Matt Simms will be starting tonight.  McElroy have a injury not sure if he playing tonight. I would think Harrell will play sometime in the 3rd or 4th QT,  And I would think Smith will get some reps tonight as well.   I'm hoping that Simms beat out McElroy and Harrell for the back up or 3th back up.
If Simms plays well, McElroy will be cut if Sanchez is healthy.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:41 pm

LRJets wrote:Hope is quite scarce in Jet Nation.

I can dream, and I can dream that Simms makes such an impact tonight, he leap frogs both Sanchez and Smith.

Better arm, minimal experience, not shy to throw/execute.

Idzik and Ryan can't reach a decision, let Simms reach it for them.
I couldn't agree more.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:44 pm

If the Jets get the first pick, they'll still be in a quandry.
Clowney is a once in a generation player.  Another prospect as high as LT. (The real LT).

But.....will their QB situation be solved?   Obviously if they pick #1, their QB situation has not been solved this season.

For their 2nd pick (at 33rd), it'll be slim pickings for QB unless you luck out.

Jets aren't known for luck.  Curses eliminate that!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:42 am

LRJets wrote:If the Jets get the first pick, they'll still be in a quandry.
Clowney is a once in a generation player.  Another prospect as high as LT. (The real LT).

But.....will their QB situation be solved?   Obviously if they pick #1, their QB situation has not been solved this season.

For their 2nd pick (at 33rd), it'll be slim pickings for QB unless you luck out.

Jets aren't known for luck.  Curses eliminate that!

The Jets have luck. They have had really good success drafting WR's. What the Jets don't have which other teams such as NE, NY, Pitt, Dal, SF, GB etc. have, is a culture of winning.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:20 am

I can agree that the Jets have had many good individual players and they lack the winning ways other teams have or had.

It takes only a couple of years for teams to make noise again.

The 49ers were the team of the 80s, got quiet, now they are back.  The same with Pittsburgh from the 70s, drafted Ben and re-ascended.  Other teams  too. 

Not the Jets,

That is why Clowney might not be the answer to get them to a deep place in the playoffs.  At best, if he is another Revis, he'll give the Jets opportunities, but unlike a quarterback, won't change their pattern to as you say a winning culture.

A quarterback is more important than ever in the NFL.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:34 am

If the Jets don't get DE. Jadeveon Clowney they just might get the best WR, Marqise Lee in next year drafts.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:41 am

LRJets wrote:I can agree that the Jets have had many good individual players and they lack the winning ways other teams have or had.

The 49ers were the team of the 80s, got quiet, now they are back.  The same with Pittsburgh from the 70s, drafted Ben and re-ascended.  Other teams  too. 

Not the Jets,

That is why Clowney might not be the answer to get them to a deep place in the playoffs.  At best, if he is another Revis, he'll give the Jets opportunities, but unlike a quarterback, won't change their pattern to as you say a winning culture.

IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:44 am

LRJets wrote:I can agree that the Jets have had many good individual players and they lack the winning ways other teams have or had.

Not the Jets,

A quarterback is more important than ever in the NFL. ( The 49ERS were the team of the 80's ) And QB, Joe Montana was a 3rd Rd's pick.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:09 am

LRJets wrote:....That is why Clowney might not be the answer to get them to a deep place in the playoffs.  At best, if he is another Revis, he'll give the Jets opportunities, but unlike a quarterback, won't change their pattern to as you say a winning culture.

In my opinion a DE like Clowney is more valuable than a DB like Revis. A good pass rushing DE raises the playing level of all 4 DB's while a good DB just covers himself. I know that Rex loves shut down DB's. Why? I can't figure out. I'd rather have a defense like the Giants with multiple PR threats and 4 average DBs than 1 great DB like Revis and no QB pressure.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:09 pm

Giants drafted Phil Simms back in 1979 then the year after they drafted LT, took them 7 year to win their 1st SB, in 1986.  I don't know if geno good enough to take the Jets to a SB but I know it will take time for Geno learn the west coast offense and to become a better QB in the NFL.  Jets just need to rebuild around Geno 1st give him a offense of lines two a running game and good WR's and a TE's,
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:14 am

Not the Jets,

What Revis couldn't do was make the rest of the D better. A good pass rusher can do just that. I hear ya about the QB position but Clowney is too good to pass up.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Totally agree about Clowney having a good pass rusher that can have 10+ sacks a season can make any defense better.  That will take some pressure off some of the other defensive linemans.  Yes I want this guy that badly.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:57 pm

You people want Clowney?  Plain and simple, do not root for the Jets to have more than 3 wins this season!!

0-3 wins will bring you Clowney.  About the same for Teddy Bridgewater, qb at Louisville.

The Jets get 6 wins as last season, you're looking at pick #9 next year.  You'll get an All-American for sure, but with the "crap shoot" tag on him as the draft is, a crap shoot for the NFL.

Refresher----  Andrew Luck came to the Colts with about 2 wins.  No one remembers that miserable season, but they'll have a franchise QB for 10-14 years.  It pays to suck, and we have the players to suck this season.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Wow throw the whole year for a Defensive player?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next