Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jets first round pick

+2
IrishJets1129
RickC
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who do you think the pick will be?

Jets first round pick Vote_lcap38%Jets first round pick Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
Jets first round pick Vote_lcap25%Jets first round pick Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Jets first round pick Vote_lcap0%Jets first round pick Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Jets first round pick Vote_lcap19%Jets first round pick Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Jets first round pick Vote_lcap6%Jets first round pick Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Jets first round pick Vote_lcap12%Jets first round pick Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 16

Jets first round pick Empty Jets first round pick

Post by RickC Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:13 am

As they say in Chicago - vote early and vote often!
RickC
RickC

Back to top Go down

Jets first round pick Empty Re: Jets first round pick

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:51 pm

i like trent richardson if he is there.

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:54 pm

I like Richarson too but I really don't he going to falls pass the 10th picks. So I'm going with Barron jets better got him because if Barron falls to new england I can bet you that NE, will pick him with their last pick.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:31 pm

i have a gut feeling that new england will be trading up in this years draft... maybe go after justin blackmon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:17 pm

saiyan316 wrote:i have a gut feeling that new england will be trading up in this years draft... maybe go after justin blackmon.

Nothing they do would surprise me, but I just don't think they'll change an approach that has worked out so well for them. In all likelihood they'll be moving down in the draft and will add picks somewhere in the future.

I'd like to see them open up the vault for Mario Williams and then make an offer that Pittsburgh can't match to get Mike Wallace for the 31st pick in the draft. They could then use the other 1st, two 2nds, 3rd and 4th rounders to go after some decent defensive players in positions that weren't filled by free agents. Throw in another couple of big guys up front and they could be very tough to beat next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:14 pm

I have 4 picks that I think the Jets could end up picking if any of them to falls to the 16th pick. They are 1) SS, Mark Barron 2) RB, Trent Richardson 3) Michael Floyd and 4) OLB, Malvin Ingram.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:19 pm

OK...im going to pick someone but to be honest...i could give a f less. LOL. Thanks guys...your board is doing well. Kudos....
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:27 pm

OK...so i went with the trade down pick....are you guys bailing on the sanchez? I still think he is top stuff,,,but i think he needs support! Big time!
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:51 am

IrishJets1129 wrote:I have 4 picks that I think the Jets could end up picking if any of them to falls to the 16th pick. They are 1) SS, Mark Barron 2) RB, Trent Richardson 3) Michael Floyd and 4) OLB, Malvin Ingram.

From what I've read Mark Barron is the top safety, but he would be picked too high at 16. You could move back and get him and another pick. That's what I'd do if I were running the Jets.

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:29 am

saiyan316 wrote:i like trent richardson if he is there.

No way the Jets get a chance to draft him unless they trade up. It will be interesting to see a new poll taken after the Jets sign some free agents.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:49 pm

New Mock drafts have Jets taking DE, Melvin Ingram with the 16th pick and they have SS, Mark Barron going to the Pats. I would hate to see the Pats get Barron even if Jets somehow get George lloka or Markelle Martin with the 2nd pick. I think Jets would be better if they trade down 4 or 5 pick and still able to get Barron and pick up 2 2nd Rd's picks. With the 1st pick in the 2nd Rd they should take DE, Vinny Curry a Jersey guy from Neptune high school and with 2nd picks in the 2nd Rd's WR Nick Toon or RT, Zebrie Sanders or RT, Mitchell Schwartz,
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:37 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
saiyan316 wrote:i like trent richardson if he is there.

No way the Jets get a chance to draft him unless they trade up. It will be interesting to see a new poll taken after the Jets sign some free agents.

Dude I (like everybody else) have been checking all these websites just to see how ppl differ in what they see in the draft. No shit I have seen two websites that had T. Richardson falling to late first round 22-25. Had to laugh at that one, cause I have not seen any news about the kid tearing an ACL recently. :-P

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:14 pm

All I have to say is:

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:14 am

Before Richardson's recent knee procedure, they had him up there with Luck and RG III. What a player, to be third behind the top two college QBs. In reality he'd be going around 5 in most mock drafts. He's a beast that intimidated defensive players before they attempted to tackle him.

Having said that, mock drafts before free agency is a crap shoot except for the #1 and #2 picks. No way he'd last to #16. So far, the Jets made two good decisions in this early stage of the new football year. No Manning, and fiscally to sign Mark and free up cap money with some contract restructuring.

Now...all invited to Holmes-Sanchez party with balloons, finger sandwiches and cake
.Very Happy
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:01 am

LRJets wrote:Before Richardson's recent knee procedure, they had him up there with Luck and RG III. What a player, to be third behind the top two college QBs. In reality he'd be going around 5 in most mock drafts. He's a beast that intimidated defensive players before they attempted to tackle him.

Having said that, mock drafts before free agency is a crap shoot except for the #1 and #2 picks. No way he'd last to #16. So far, the Jets made two good decisions in this early stage of the new football year. No Manning, and fiscally to sign Mark and free up cap money with some contract restructuring.

Now...all invited to Holmes-Sanchez party with balloons, finger sandwiches and cake
.Very Happy

From all that I've read Trent Richardson is right where you say he is and is the best RB coming out.

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:29 am

Jets should traded down if they really want to draft Barron but if not Richardson is the guy IF he falls to the 16th pick. But most likely players that I think Jets will draft with 16th pick will be DE/OLB Malvin Ingram to replace B, Thomas in 2013. My other picks OT, if the Jets can't get Eric Wintson they just could take a OT, with the 1st pick kinda hope they don't have to draft a OT, with the 1st pick. WR, Michael Floyd, Jets could take ILB, Donta Hightower if so I would cut Bert Scott. RD's 2 OLB/DE, Vinny Curry, if the Jets get 2 picks in the 2nd Rd's 2nd picks should be on a WR, or a RB, WR, Nick Toon or WR, Stephen Hills he could be long gone by then. RB, Robert Turbine to could get pick in a later Rd's as well.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:21 pm

Bart Scott's salary is guaranteed. He's not getting cut

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:40 pm

saiyan316 wrote:i have a gut feeling that new england will be trading up in this years draft... maybe go after justin blackmon.

Disagree with you on this one. Blackmon more of a possession type receiver. Pats have plenty of those, no reason to move up for that. Trading one of their No. 1's for Mike Wallace (25 years old) would make the most sense because there doesn't seem to be any top 4.3 guys in this draft. Besides, Brady is not getting younger and they could use a vertical threat that can produce immediately.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:05 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:I like Richarson too but I really don't he going to falls pass the 10th picks. So I'm going with Barron jets better got him because if Barron falls to new england I can bet you that NE, will pick him with their last pick.
I wouldn't surprised if Pats make a trade up with one of the 2 picks they have and jump in front of the Jets and take S, Mark Barron. They have done went the Jets took CB, Kyle Wilson Pats draft one pick alway from the Jets and ended up with the better CB.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm hearing that the Jets have interested DT, Michael Brokers and OLB, Courtney Upshaw, they are the 2 top players Jets could take with the 16th pick and they are not leaving out S, Mark Barron. 2nd Rd's, DE/OLB, Bruce Irvin, OLB, Shea McClellin, FS, George lloka. 3rd Rd's WR, Greg Childs, WR, Nick Toon, Ladarius Green TE. FS, Markelle Martin.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:01 pm

I hear that Rex Ryan really like DT, Michael Brockers. I know Jets don't really need help at DT, but he really sound great he the real deal and would help the fronts line real fast. I would then trade Sione Pouha for draft picks. Others players that could be taked with the 16th pick. OLB, Courtney Upshaw, Safetie Mark Barron, WR, Michael Floyd.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:44 am

Others players that could be taked with the 16th pick. OLB, Courtney Upshaw, Safetie Mark Barron, WR, Michael Floyd.

You left out Andrew Luck and RGIII. None on your last will last until #16. I wish they did. All three are the best at their position coming out of the draft.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:49 pm

The last mock draft I read predicted the Jets would use the 16th pick in this order. Upshaw, Barron, Floyd.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:07 pm

pm

The last mock draft I read predicted the Jets would use the 16th pick in this order. Upshaw, Barron, Floyd.

Things have changed alot since the first mocks. Read today that a WR may go earlier than expected.
Blackmun, it was mentioned has some red flags, and I think Floyd does as well (DUI). I don't even think Barron would last until 16.
Maybe Tanny will do some magic? Nothing crazy I hope. Eighteen days and counting.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RickC Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 am

PatsRBest wrote:
LRJets wrote:Before Richardson's recent knee procedure, they had him up there with Luck and RG III. What a player, to be third behind the top two college QBs. In reality he'd be going around 5 in most mock drafts. He's a beast that intimidated defensive players before they attempted to tackle him.

.Very Happy

From all that I've read Trent Richardson is right where you say he is and is the best RB coming out.

According to Greg Cosell the exec producer of NFL matchup, who watches a boatload of film, Richardson is the best player in the draft. Not that he thinks someone should draft him over a franchise QB but that on skills and talent he's the best.
RickC
RickC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next