Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JETS "WARNED" NOT TO TRADE UP

4 posters

Go down

JETS "WARNED" NOT TO TRADE UP Empty JETS "WARNED" NOT TO TRADE UP

Post by LRJets Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:12 am

It's a nice surprise watching the draft and unexpectedly hearing the Jets name called (as in '08) when they moved up for Sanchez. Rich Cimini is against it this year except to get Trent Richardson. The asking price is at least a first, second, and maybe more.

Nobody but Richardson is worth the price.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

JETS "WARNED" NOT TO TRADE UP Empty Re: JETS "WARNED" NOT TO TRADE UP

Post by NY JETS1 Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:19 am

I read that the Cowboys might take Upshaw at 14. So if the Jets want him they might have to trade up. I wouldn't though.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RickC Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:48 am

LRJets wrote:It's a nice surprise watching the draft and unexpectedly hearing the Jets name called (as in '08) when they moved up for Sanchez. Rich Cimini is against it this year except to get Trent Richardson. The asking price is at least a first, second, and maybe more.

Nobody but Richardson is worth the price.

From what I'm reading I'd agree. Only Richardson or take the highest rated guy at 16. Also, trade down if you're highest rated isn't worth the 16th pick.
RickC
RickC

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:58 am

I just read yesterday that now Jacksonville would trade down. Between mocks, rumors, etc. I cannot wait for the real draft.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:01 pm

There no way that I think jets will try to trade up the fact that they will need to trade a 2nd rd pick if they do that. I think and I would hope that they used the 2nd rd pick on a OT/RT. If somehow Tanny the jark he is make a trade upIhave 4 players I think they will try to get one OLB, Ingram, RB, Richarson, NT, Alameda Ta'amu, or WR, Michael Floyd. But if they stay at the 16th pick The 3 players I think they will take are OLB, Upshaw, DE/NT, Michael Brokers or S, Mark Barron. 2nd Rd's pick could be OT'RT, Bobby Massie or DE/OLB Bruce Irvin.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:59 am

I wouldn't trade up for Richardson. Running backs can be had much later. Look at the best backs in the game. Besides AP (who's now dealing with a major knee recovery from week 17, highlighting the fragility of the position), who else was taken in the top 10? None of them, that's who...

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:08 pm

MrBlonde49 wrote:I wouldn't trade up for Richardson. Running backs can be had much later. Look at the best backs in the game. Besides AP (who's now dealing with a major knee recovery from week 17, highlighting the fragility of the position), who else was taken in the top 10? None of them, that's who...

Speaking of such. Too bad the Jets won't trade for MJD.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RickC Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:20 am

NY JETS1 wrote:
MrBlonde49 wrote:I wouldn't trade up for Richardson. Running backs can be had much later. Look at the best backs in the game. Besides AP (who's now dealing with a major knee recovery from week 17, highlighting the fragility of the position), who else was taken in the top 10? None of them, that's who...

Let's give 'em Tebow! Laughing
RickC
RickC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 am

RickC wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:

Good idea. Get rid of your best player.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 am

And our schedule!
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RickC Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Kaweb57 wrote:
RickC wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:

All kidding aside Kaweb - you really think Tebow is now the best player on the Jets?

Last edited by RickC on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
RickC
RickC

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Kev....the talking heads are looking for a good year out of Vick. Why aren't you doing cart wheels and jumping up and down? bounce
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:58 pm

LRJets wrote:Kev....the talking heads are looking for a good year out of Vick. Why aren't you doing cart wheels and jumping up and down? bounce

So, what the hell else is new??
The morons have been looking for "good years" out of Bad Newz ever since college!
If some spectacular plays with ZERO playoff wins is what you want, scumbag Vick is your guy..Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:00 pm

RickC wrote:
Kaweb57 wrote:
RickC wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:

All kidding aside Kaweb - you really think Tebow is now the best player on the Jets?

No, but I don't understand why so many people are scared of him.
I DO think he will replace Sanchise by week 6..

Back to top Go down

Post by RickC Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:29 am

Kaweb57 wrote:
RickC wrote:
Kaweb57 wrote:
RickC wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:

No, but I don't understand why so many people are scared of him.
I DO think he will replace Sanchise by week 6..

People are 'scared' because of Tebow's aura. He is arguably the most popular player in the league. He is also the most polarizing.

His skill set is different than standard and that frightens people in something as traditional as football. He has had success at every level, including the NFL, so the traditionalists will 'fear' something they can't explain.

People also don't like the fact that he wears his faith on his sleeve. I don't know why that bothers anyone. He seems to be very genuine. Why is it OK for a movie star to use their fame to promote their agenda but when it comes to faith people get all aggrevated.

Tebow has major holes in his game that I don't know if he'll ever be able to fill. He is, however, a pretty damn good football player. The coach that figures out how to maximize his skills while hiding his flaws will have a dynamic playmaker who plays his best in crunch time. Is Rex the guy who figures this out? I have no idea. But Rex, like him or hate him, is a hell of a good football coach.
RickC
RickC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:54 am

Excellent take on the situation, Rick!
I'd say you nailed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down