Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday evening, the NFC North division title was decided.

5 posters

Go down

Sunday evening, the NFC North division title was decided.  Empty Sunday evening, the NFC North division title was decided.

Post by RagnarLodbrok2 Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:36 pm

Over the course of a few hours on Sunday evening, the NFC North division title was decided. 
Not mathematically. Far from that. The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are tied at 7-3, and technically the Lions are in first place because of the tiebreaker. But let’s be real.
The Packers are going to win the division. Green Bay fans know it. Detroit fans probably know it too, if they’re honest with themselves. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you watched the two teams play on Sunday, you know. The Lions have been squeaking by teams, no matter how good or bad they are, for weeks. A very good [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] team (we’ll talk about them in a bit, and honestly, they likely decided a second division race Sunday) didn’t allow another miracle Lions comeback. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] threw for 306 yards for the Cardinals. Matthew Stafford was at his worst. He was 18 of 30 for 183 yards and an interception. On most plays, he either held the ball forever or was way off when he did throw it. He targeted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], one of the five greatest receivers ever, 12 times and connected on only five of them. The Lions never got in the end zone. The only thing that even kept them in the game was a couple of Stanton interceptions. Detroit isn't a bad team, but it didn't look like a contender either.
If you want to argue that it doesn’t matter if you win by one point or 30, fine. But it can help figure out future performance. And while the Lions were pulling out last-second wins, the Packers have been annihilating teams. The Packers scored more than 50 points for the second straight game, the first time in the long franchise history that has happened. Since losing to the Lions in Week 3, the Packers are 6-1 with five wins by at least three touchdowns. The 53-20 win against the previously 7-2 Eagles was absolutely tremendous. The Packers do look like a dominant football team, one of the true contenders in the NFL. And take a look at the Packers’ remaining schedule:
at Minnesota
vs. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
vs. Atlanta
at Buffalo
at Tampa Bay
vs. Detroit
A 5-1 finish seems like a worst-case scenario. That includes the inevitable win over the Lions, who haven’t won in Lambeau Field since 1991, the year before Brett Favre showed up in Green Bay.
The Lions go to New [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next week, and the rest of their schedule isn’t too bad before finishing at Green Bay. Maybe the division won’t be officially settled before Week 17. But you can see by watching the two teams that one is just on a different level right now. That shouldn’t change before the end of the season
RagnarLodbrok2
RagnarLodbrok2
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Sunday evening, the NFC North division title was decided.  Empty Re: Sunday evening, the NFC North division title was decided.

Post by milani Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:41 pm

Depending on how MM prepares the team and if there are no significant injuries looming ahead a 5-1 finish is certainly possible. I'd only give us a 50-50 shot against New England. They just happen to have the premier game planner in pro football.
I look at the Buffalo trip as a trap game. They have a powerful front four which will give us fits. and they won in Detroit.
Detroit has history going against it and they are an indoor team. But the Lions have played better defense than any other year in the last 15. Caldwell has cut down on their penalties and turnovers. It will depend on where we both are at that time.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Sunday evening, the NFC North division title was decided.  Empty Re: Sunday evening, the NFC North division title was decided.

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:33 pm

Ringo is predicting a first round BYE and at least one playoff game at Lambeau Field.

Time to collect the accessories for the ole stand by Eddie Bauer Ridgeline Parka and Cabela's Iditarod boots.

Milani.........are you getting ready for a solo trip to Titletown in January or not?   I have shots of Fireball waiting for you.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:05 pm

milani wrote:Depending on how MM prepares the team and if there are no significant injuries looming ahead a 5-1 finish is certainly possible. I'd only give us a 50-50 shot against New England. They just happen to have the premier game planner in pro football.
I look at the Buffalo trip as a trap game. They have a powerful front four which will give us fits. and they won in Detroit.
Detroit has history going against it and they are an indoor team. But the Lions have played better defense than any other year in the last 15. Caldwell has cut down on their penalties and turnovers. It will depend on where we both are at that time.

Jesus Christ, I need a double shot right this minute.

Milani, freaking Milani, has postulated that the Packers could go 5-1 down the stretch???

But... but... how is that possible with an idiot coach and a dogshit offensive line???

Stick with the new meds, Milani. They'll make it easier for you to digest 50-burgers. Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:37 pm

hey now duck,why so hard on milani?you really trying to [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:35 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Ringo is predicting a first round BYE and at least one playoff game at Lambeau Field.

Time to collect the accessories for the ole stand by Eddie Bauer Ridgeline Parka and Cabela's Iditarod boots.

Milani.........are you getting ready for a solo trip to Titletown in January or not?   I have shots of Fireball waiting for you.

Of course!  Good year for parka sales, too. Good hot java so we can tune our voices. We have to sing " The Bears Still Suck " the night before at Stadium View.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:38 pm

duck wrote:
milani wrote:Depending on how MM prepares the team and if there are no significant injuries looming ahead a 5-1 finish is certainly possible. I'd only give us a 50-50 shot against New England. They just happen to have the premier game planner in pro football.

Milani, freaking Milani, has postulated that the Packers could go 5-1 down the stretch???

But... but... how is that possible with an idiot coach and a dogshit offensive line???

Stick with the new meds, Milani.  They'll make it easier for you to digest 50-burgers.  Very Happy

I predicted a conservative 10-6. Despite those frailties you affirmed HD has informed me that the weakness of schedule and lack of traditional injuries could vault us to a slightly better record this season. But there are 6 more to go.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:28 am

milani wrote:
duck wrote:

Stick with the new meds, Milani.  They'll make it easier for you to digest 50-burgers.  Very Happy

I predicted a conservative 10-6. Despite those frailties you affirmed HD has informed me that the weakness of schedule and lack of traditional injuries could vault us to a slightly better record this season. But there are 6 more to go.

Fair enough, Milani. And I agree with you... six games to go. Anything could happen. It will be no cakewalk.

I just want to point out that there has been a marked departure in your stance from your trademark pessimism. Do you not acknowledge that?

Also, I'm curious to know if you have any new thoughts on Mike McCarthy's leadership and the quality of our offensive line. The last I recall you despised Fatty and thought our line was utter dogshit.

Has anything changed? If so, please elaborate. I'm all ears.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:50 pm

duck wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:

Fair enough, Milani.  And I agree with you... six games to go.  Anything could happen.  It will be no cakewalk.  

I just want to point out that there has been a marked departure in your stance from your trademark pessimism.  Do you not acknowledge that?  

Also, I'm curious to know if you have any new thoughts on Mike McCarthy's leadership and the quality of our offensive line.  The last I recall you despised Fatty and thought our line was utter dogshit.

Has anything changed?  If so, please elaborate.  I'm all ears.

My optimism stems from the fact that we have put up some big points in games we readily could win but they are blowouts. This is the first season in which Rodgers has had to leave the game numerous times and early at that. I thought we would go 4-2 against our division and we still might. However, blowing out the Bears twice is hard to fathom. They are not that bad of a team. And they beat the 9ers on the coast. On the other hand I believe we still are not able to overcome the physical power house teams nor the teams with the elite QB.
This would mean Seattle, Frisco, New Orleans. and New England. The teams that beat us, beat us in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Our O line has pass blocked fairly well and has not had many false starts. But I would move them from bottom 5 now up to bottom 12.
And our D line can only do what it can do without Raji to plug the middle. We have not found anyone like that yet.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:53 pm

milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:Ringo is predicting a first round BYE and at least one playoff game at Lambeau Field.

Of course!  Good year for parka sales, too. Good hot java so we can tune our voices. We have to sing " The Bears Still Suck " the night before at Stadium View.

OK.........I am holding you to it Milani.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:04 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
milani wrote:

OK.........I am holding you to it Milani.
We can hoist one to Duck's two month hiatus.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:15 pm

MILANI SAID,And our D line can only do what it can do without Raji to plug the middle. We have not found anyone like that yet.END QUOTE

Have you not been reading the game reports and watching the play of GUION?he had a bad first 2-3 games but now is grading out very high with plays in the backfield and couple sacks and will probably be resigned next year if he plays steady as he is now.Say goodbye to raji next year as the money will go to cobb.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:22 pm

milani wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:

Fair enough, Milani.  And I agree with you... six games to go.  Anything could happen.  It will be no cakewalk.  

I just want to point out that there has been a marked departure in your stance from your trademark pessimism.  Do you not acknowledge that?  

Also, I'm curious to know if you have any new thoughts on Mike McCarthy's leadership and the quality of our offensive line.  The last I recall you despised Fatty and thought our line was utter dogshit.

Has anything changed?  If so, please elaborate.  I'm all ears.

My optimism stems from the fact that we have put up some big points in games we readily could win but they are blowouts. This is the first season in which Rodgers has had to leave the game numerous times and early at that. I thought we would go 4-2 against our division and we still might. However, blowing out the Bears twice is hard to fathom. They are not that bad of a team. And they beat the 9ers on the coast. On the other hand I believe we still are not able to overcome the physical power house teams nor the teams with the elite QB.
This would mean Seattle, Frisco, New Orleans. and New England. The teams that beat us, beat us in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Our O line has pass blocked fairly well and has not had many false starts. But I would move them from bottom 5 now up to bottom 12.
And our D line can only do what it can do without Raji to plug the middle. We have not found anyone like that yet.

I just can't understand how you could think that our O-line was bottom 5 and now bottom 12.

It seems to me that Rodgers usually has a clean pocket and all day to throw. The Packers have scored more points than any other team in the league and just put up two consecutive 50-burgers. Both starting guards played hurt during those burgers too. This is simply not possible with a dogshit offensive line.

I never said that we had an *elite* offensive line... but I really think it's a solid young unit that is only going to get better.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down