Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's wrong with the Steelers?

3 posters

Go down

What's wrong with the Steelers? Empty What's wrong with the Steelers?

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:25 pm

They crush the good teams and get beat by the bad teams.  Is this a coaching problem or a player problem?  Could it be Todd Haley not letting Ben run the no-huddle enough?  Young players inconsistent?  Thoughts?

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with the Steelers? Empty Re: What's wrong with the Steelers?

Post by wyckedheart8 Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:14 pm

The players need more time outs to take in massive amounts of geritol and a few need a change of depends, It must be toug running around with a 15 pound load in the back.lol!
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:07 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:The players need more time outs to take in massive amounts of geritol and a few need a change of depends, It must be toug running around with a 15 pound load in the back.lol!
More unintelligence from the one person here we can count on to dumb things down. You should sign up for Mummy's board... you'd fit right in there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:16 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:They crush the good teams and get beat by the bad teams.  Is this a coaching problem or a player problem?  Could it be Todd Haley not letting Ben run the no-huddle enough?  Young players inconsistent?  Thoughts?
They stopped with the no huddle in order to use Martavis more and to try to help Wheaton. They felt the younger guys were having too much trouble understanding where Ben wanted them. That they were just simply not on the same page.  I don't think this problem is as easy to figure out as some say. I believe it is BOTH players & coaching. One is for sure..... there is truth to the remarks about Tomlin teams playing down to the so called lesser teams. I don't personally think there is that much difference between most NFL teams. I think the margin for winning & loosing is so small. The Jets were due... the Steelers just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and played poorly.... the result was what we seen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:30 pm

Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:They crush the good teams and get beat by the bad teams.  Is this a coaching problem or a player problem?  Could it be Todd Haley not letting Ben run the no-huddle enough?  Young players inconsistent?  Thoughts?
They stopped with the no huddle in order to use Martavis more and to try to help Wheaton. They felt the younger guys were having too much trouble understanding where Ben wanted them. That they were just simply not on the same page.  I don't think this problem is as easy to figure out as some say. I believe it is BOTH players & coaching. One is for sure..... there is truth to the remarks about Tomlin teams playing down to the so called lesser teams. I don't personally think there is that much difference between most NFL teams. I think the margin for winning & loosing is so small. The Jets were due... the Steelers just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and played poorly.... the result was what we seen.

I've never before heard this but it makes perfect sense.  Great perspective!

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Some of what wycked said is true. If you can keep the game close and can get the steelers into the 4th the Defense seems to run out of gas. The other teams offense then can move the ball pretty easily on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:The players need more time outs to take in massive amounts of geritol and a few need a change of depends, It must be toug running around with a 15 pound load in the back.lol!
You speaking from experience? After all, you are the guy who ate himself into a disability government check..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down