Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats up the Steelers?

4 posters

Go down

Whats up the Steelers? Empty Whats up the Steelers?

Post by Stampede Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:33 pm

I think we all knew the Colts were going into rebuild mode but what gives with the Steelers?.......With the Colts its become an age thing but the Steelers seem to be in their own rebuild mode due to salary cap issues....

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Whats up the Steelers? Empty Re: Whats up the Steelers?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Stampede wrote:I think we all knew the Colts were going into rebuild mode but what gives with the Steelers?.......With the Colts its become an age thing but the Steelers seem to be in their own rebuild mode due to salary cap issues....

It's not unusual for the Steelers to do this, though the players are a bit more high-profile this year than previously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:02 pm

cafealamo wrote:
Stampede wrote:I think we all knew the Colts were going into rebuild mode but what gives with the Steelers?.......With the Colts its become an age thing but the Steelers seem to be in their own rebuild mode due to salary cap issues....

It's not unusual for the Steelers to do this, though the players are a bit more high-profile this year than previously.

The Steelers never rebuild, they just reload and soar then next season. farao

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:32 am

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
cafealamo wrote:

When you have a powerful machine... you don't rebuild........ you just replace the worn parts and continue racing!
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:40 am

With all of these releases, there was one starter...James Farrior, who was playing less and less last year. As much as haters want to believe that this means we are rebuilding, we are doing exactly what Baltimore did last year. There remain options to free up even more money, without losing much on the field. Hampton can be cut and brought back....or let go depending on how the draft goes. Harrison, Clark, and Polamalu remain candidates to be restructured, though they have to restructure in such a way as it won't come back to haunt them when they have to cut one of those guys (i.e. Clark) a year from now. I think using the restricted tag on Wallace is a bit of a gamble. I like the fact that they are moving to tie up their restricteds, as well as resigning Cotchery to a new deal. If Wallace leaves, all I have to say, is that less than a mid round first is cause for someone to be fired. My hunch is that they are very close to signing both Wallace and Cotchery to multiyear deals. They could also extend Foote on the cheap and lessen his cap hit. Unfortunately, though I have high hopes for Sylvester, I fear that if he were truly starting material, he would have made his claim by now.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:46 am

foghorn wrote:
cafealamo wrote:

When you have a powerful machine... you don't rebuild........ you just replace the worn parts and continue racing!

I have a question: Will your new OC use the same play book or will it be his own system and style?
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:51 am

Randell60 wrote:
foghorn wrote:
cafealamo wrote:

I have a question: Will your new OC use the same play book or will it be his own system and style?
In a serious moment from me.... I think that is the $10,000 question. I'd say he better bring something.... after all the real reason he has a job is do to the previous coaches inability to get certain parts of the offense to produce in certain situations. 10,000 yds all over the field, but no 2 for a first near the goal line.... well that's not gonna get it done in championship football.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:59 am

foghorn wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
foghorn wrote:
cafealamo wrote:

In a serious moment from me.... I think that is the $10,000 question. I'd say he better bring something.... after all the real reason he has a job is do to the previous coaches inability to get certain parts of the offense to produce in certain situations. 10,000 yds all over the field, but no 2 for a first near the goal line.... well that's not gonna get it done in championship football.
I think that's where the OL needs to be addressed....all in the trenches for sure!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:24 am

Randell60 wrote:
foghorn wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
foghorn wrote:
cafealamo wrote:

I think that's where the OL needs to be addressed....all in the trenches for sure!!
I agree... when you need 1-3 yds... and the defense knows you're going to run it..... it's the MEN in the trenches who get it done. Unfortunately.. the Steelers had a couple men, 1 boy, and "I don't know what and oversize schoolyard bully. Of the 5 OL postions, I think we're good at 2 Pouncey & Gilbert. ok at 2, Legursky and Colon, not real bad at another Foster. 2 out of 3 isn't gonna cut it in the NFL on the goal line.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down