Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mocks Can Drive One Crazy

3 posters

Go down

Mocks  Can Drive  One Crazy Empty Mocks Can Drive One Crazy

Post by LRJets Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:35 pm

At season's end Jets fans were yelling we need a safety. They're right. Early mock drafts tapped Mark Barron of Alabama as their choice. Now it seems according to Pro Football Talk, the lastest mock has the Jets taking Michael Floyd, a WR from Notre Dame while both are available.

We need some Dramamine..
16. Jets: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], receiver, Notre Dame.

Floyd’s blocking ability will come in handy for the run-first Jets.

17. Bengals: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], safety, Alabama.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Mocks  Can Drive  One Crazy Empty Re: Mocks Can Drive One Crazy

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 pm

At season's end Jets fans were yelling we need a safety. They're right. Early mock drafts tapped Mark Barron of Alabama as their choice. Now it seems according to Pro Football Talk, the lastest mock has the Jets taking Michael Floyd, a WR from Notre Dame while both are available.

We need some Dramamine.
16. Jets: Michael Floyd, receiver, Notre Dame.

Floyd’s blocking ability will come in handy for the run-first Jets.

17. Bengals: Mark Barron, safety, Alabama.

How many Mocks had you guys taking Wilkerson last season? I see a lot of these mocks, and they have the Patriots taking players that just do not fit their player profile. I have given up figuring out who the Pats will pick. The Jets can go in a number of directions, and when you are picking after 10, so much has to do with what happens in front of you.

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Jets are looking at Michael Floyd they had him come NJ to take a look at him. I wouldn't mind if the jets took him with the 1st pick.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:04 pm

DT, Michael Brockers OLB, Courtney Upshaw, Safetie Mark Barron, WR, Michael Floyd, OT, Riley Reiff OG, David DeCastro one of those players are going to be a Jets unless RB, Trent Richardson or OLB Melvin Ingram falls to the 16th pick or the Jets trade up to get one of them. 2nd Rd, OT, Bobby Massie, OLB, Bruce Irvin, DE, Andre Branch, DE, Billy Winn, Safetie Harrison Smith or S, George IIoka or S, Markelle Martin. one of those players will be a Jets in the 2nd Rd's.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Anyone caught mocking a draft should be ridden out of town on a rail, after a good tar and feathering.

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:39 pm

why that?
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:08 pm

How many Mocks had you guys taking Wilkerson last season? I see a lot of these mocks, and they have the Patriots taking players that just do not fit their player profile. I have given up figuring out who the Pats will pick. The Jets can go in a number of directions, and when you are picking after 10, so much has to do with what happens in front of you.

Charlie Casserly brought up an interesting point earlier. He said most teams pick to fill their needs instead of the best player available leaving legitimate first rounders on the board thru the first half of the second round.

Obviously he's a believer in the latter. Then again, it proves the draft is and always will be a crap shoot. Belichick is probably the closest coach to take the best athlete available. That's another benefit of having Brady as the hub of the team(QB).

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 pm

Charlie Casserly brought up an interesting point earlier. He said most teams pick to fill their needs instead of the best player available leaving legitimate first rounders on the board thru the first half of the second round.

Obviously he's a believer in the latter. Then again, it proves the draft is and always will be a crap shoot. Belichick is probably the closest coach to take the best athlete available. That's another benefit of having Brady as the hub of the team(QB).

LR I think most teams make selections based on a combination of a few factors, need, scheme, best player available.

BB picks for need as much as the next guy. The Cap and FA force you to. Oh and for what it is worth both the Jets and Pats are having Melvin Ingram in for a pre-draft visit. I don't think he will get close to Jets, let alone Pats.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:31 am

BB picks for need as much as the next guy. The Cap and FA force you to. Oh and for what it is worth both the Jets and Pats are having Melvin Ingram in for a pre-draft visit. I don't think he will get close to Jets, let alone Pats.

Dawg, was just showing the impact Brady has made in that the cast has changed so dramatically during his tenure, yet you guys never have an off year. Of course if BB needs to fill a spot, he does.

He just has the luxury other coaches don't have.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Dawger75 wrote:....Oh and for what it is worth both the Jets and Pats are having Melvin Ingram in for a pre-draft visit. I don't think he will get close to Jets, let alone Pats.

I saw one mock draft that had the Jets trading up to #9 with Carolina (for the Jet's #2 pick) because they fell in love with Ingram. You can't be surprised by anything the Jets do but I hope they don't do this. I think they need help on offense more. Jets already have a pretty good defense as long as they don't have to play 45 minutes. My choices would be Trent Richardson or Michael Floyd, give Sanchez some more weapons. I'd even go with David Decastro, (they say he can also play center in case Mangold goes down) that would put the O-line on a higher notch.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:42 pm

My choices would be Trent Richardson or Michael Floyd, give Sanchez Tebow;) some more weapons.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:56 pm

My choices would be Trent Richardson or Michael Floyd, give Sanchez Tebow;) some more weapons.

All the mocks have Richardson going early, probably to the Browns. The next running back probably won't get drafted until the 2nd round. He is more of a can't-miss than the two quarterbacks.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:22 pm

LRJets wrote:All the mocks have Richardson going early, probably to the Browns. The next running back probably won't get drafted until the 2nd round. He is more of a can't-miss than the two quarterbacks.[/size]

You're right, LR. I was under the impression that Richardson had some health issues that might drop him down, but I guess that isn't the case.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:30 am

You're right, LR. I was under the impression that Richardson had some health issues that might drop him down, but I guess that isn't the case.

Wass, I just think a successful running back in college is usually a better predictor for success in the NFL than a successful college quarterback. Rodgers and Brady are recent examples.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 am

LRJets wrote:Wass, I just think a successful running back in college is usually a better predictor for success in the NFL than a successful college quarterback. Rodgers and Brady are recent examples.

I think that's generally very true. However, I feel the right QB can get you to a SB, whereas a running back, no matter how great, will not.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:11 am

I think that's generally very true. However, I feel the right QB can get you to a SB, whereas a running back, no matter how great, will not.

I agree 100%. Moreso than ever in the NFL these days. No doubt about it.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Wass, I just think a successful running back in college is usually a better predictor for success in the NFL than a successful college quarterback. Rodgers and Brady are recent examples.

LR, I am not sure I agree. Both Brady and Rodgers were very good college QBs. I can't think of many successful NFL QBs that were not good QBs in college. On the other hand their are a few RBs that did not have great college careers that were successful in the NFL. Curtis Martin and Terrell Davis come to mind immediately.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:33 pm

LR, I am not sure I agree. Both Brady and Rodgers were very good college QBs. I can't think of many successful NFL QBs that were not good QBs in college. On the other hand their are a few RBs that did not have great college careers that were successful in the NFL. Curtis Martin and Terrell Davis come to mind immediately.

I thought Brady was a second stringer at Michigan. And isn't it spoken of that Rodgers had a "I'll show them" attitude when he did get drafted?

There are always athletes mostly in the NBA and NFL that rise above all expectations as a pro.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:55 pm

I don't even care about getting Richardson anymore. I think the Jets can get a pretty nice RB, from the mid Rd's, I really like RB's Doug Martin, Chris Polk, and RB, Bernard Pierce with the 3rd or 4th Rd's picks.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Wass, I just think a successful running back in college is usually a better predictor for success in the NFL than a successful college quarterback. Rodgers and Brady are recent examples.[/quote]

I can't speak for Rodgers' college career, but from what I've seen and read about Brady says he was a pretty successful QB that had to share time with other highly touted QBs. It's not Brady's fault that his coaches at Michigan didn't see his potential and play him more. If they had they probably would have done a lot better.

Drafting a QB is the best option. It's like drafting a pitcher or catcher in baseball.

I was thinking of having a draft contest but I'm not sure how many people still use these boards. What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Tickets and a fast cab driver can get you there too. I think the comment was about the predictability of the position from college to pros, not the impact of the position.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Tickets and a fast cab driver can get you there too. I think the comment was about the predictability of the position from college to pros, not the impact of the position.

[size=18]Kudos to RW. I was not referring to the impact of the QB position. I was referring to the success rate of positions moving from the college level to the NFL and how their respective success in college predicts success in the NFL/size]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down