Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy thought on Wallace

2 posters

Go down

Crazy thought on Wallace Empty Crazy thought on Wallace

Post by RLON39 Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:53 pm

There is no way this guy thinks he is going to get Larry Fitzgerald money, and, the more I think about the suggestion that this is the case, the more I think this may be a good thing in terms of his potential to stay with the Steelers. If I'm within the Steeler organization and want to makeup a rumor that would stop the interest of teams that have to art with a first rounder to sign Wallace...I might have a vested interest to make Wallace out to be more expensive than he will be. Alternatively, if Wallace wants to stay with the Steelers yet knows how they don't overpay, he may want to do what he can to get the highest offer from the Steelers that is possible, so I could see his agent putting out such nonsense. Just a couple thoughts...I don't think there is a way in hell that anyone thinks Wallace is worth Larry Fitzgerald recognition or reimbursement.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Crazy thought on Wallace Empty Re: Crazy thought on Wallace

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:39 pm

If they are just putting out lies on him then Wallace will be an unhappy camper and could make a mess out of the Steelers season. It's never a good thing to mess with a mans money or family.

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Dmounts, I never take you seriously as a poster because of your obvious anti-Steeler bias, so move along.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:00 pm

So you believe that lying about a players demands to keep another team from paying him more will make a player like wallace play harder to earn less money. Knowing that he never made those demands. Yel right and I bet his agent just sits on his hands and lets pittsburgh get away with it. Oh I forgot its the Great Steelers and any players agent would let his top signee get under paid just to stay with such a team.

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:20 pm

Dmounts wrote:So you believe that lying about a players demands to keep another team from paying him more will make a player like wallace play harder to earn less money. Knowing that he never made those demands. Yel right and I bet his agent just sits on his hands and lets pittsburgh get away with it. Oh I forgot its the Great Steelers and any players agent would let his top signee get under paid just to stay with such a team.
Right... you know so much because of what??? Your years of experience as a Browns fan? You have yet to make a post here that isn't some form of antagonizing... at best you're a narrow minded pain in the ass. Since you are ( judging by your bias) NOT a Steelers fan and show no signs of wanting to talk football with Steelers fans... just get the hell off our part of the board and go troll somewhere else.You come in here talking crap on our team... what has your Browns team done to NOT earn a giggle from any Steelers fan?
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:56 am

So you believe that lying about a players demands to keep another team
from paying him more will make a player like wallace play harder to earn
less money.^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, that was clearly my point and the only hypothetical scenario for the 'Fitzgerald money' explanation...lol. To call you a moron would be an insult to morons. Play harder? What did that have to do with anything? I understand that it is better to live in a fantasy world when you are a Browns fan, but don't bring your vested interest in nonsense here...hater.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:06 pm

foghorn wrote:
Dmounts wrote:So you believe that lying about a players demands to keep another team from paying him more will make a player like wallace play harder to earn less money. Knowing that he never made those demands. Yel right and I bet his agent just sits on his hands and lets pittsburgh get away with it. Oh I forgot its the Great Steelers and any players agent would let his top signee get under paid just to stay with such a team.
Right... you know so much because of what??? Your years of experience as a Browns fan?

No because of my experience of human nature. No person is going to sit and let any organization spread false rumors about them in order to lower there value on the open market.

You have yet to make a post here that isn't some form of antagonizing... at best you're a narrow minded pain in the ass.

And this is because I disagree with the thought that a player and his agent will sit by and let and organization spread what they want about a player to lower his value?

Since you are ( judging by your bias) NOT a Steelers fan and show no signs of wanting to talk football with Steelers fans... just get the hell off our part of the board and go troll somewhere else.

So are you making this judgement by your bias because my statement is a football answer to what he posted. I said Wallace and his agent wouldn't let allow that to happen. No agent No player would and pittsburgh is no different no matter what he thinks.

You come in here talking crap on our team... what has your Browns team done to NOT earn a giggle from any Steelers fan?

I have no problem with Steeler fans Bashing the browns. That's what your suppose to do. That's what rivals do. I have never made it personal or called you a name I have never tried to suppress your opinion and I don't think your a troll because you have an opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:28 pm

RLON39 wrote:
There is no way this guy thinks he is going to get Larry Fitzgerald money,

Why is that he's a top five reciever and believes he deserves more money for his services.

and, the more I think about the suggestion that this is the case, the more I think this may be a good thing in terms of his potential to stay with the Steelers.

Do Tell

If I'm within the Steeler organization and want to makeup a rumor

A lie

that would stop the interest of teams that have to art

WTF??? with a first rounder to sign Wallace...

I might have a vested interest to make Wallace out to be more expensive than he will be.

I'm his agent, I'm sitting on my hands, I anit saying nothing.

Alternatively, if Wallace wants to stay with the Steelers yet knows how they don't overpay,

He'll just take less and be happy.

he may want to do what he can to get the highest offer from the Steelers that is possible,

yell knowing that he just cut off any chance of making a higher wage from anywhere else and putting all bargining into the hands of the pittsburgh organization, I'm with ya so far.

so I could see his agent putting out such nonsense.

Me too, knowing that his knowing this nonsense just cost him millions

Just a couple thoughts...I don't think there is a way in hell that anyone thinks Wallace is worth Larry Fitzgerald recognition or reimbursement.

Me neither. but I one question if he isn't such a value why would the steelers put such effort into keeping him. If Wallace is so happy with just being a steeler why would he shopping around?

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:40 pm

Agents routinely say that their player is just as good or better than the elite at the position. It happens all the time, and some times it hurts the player. t's not at all far fetched. I don't know which side is distorting things, but it seems as if the Steelers are winning. Keep in mind that the Steelers have been talking to Wallace's agent all along. Initial negotiations could have had the agent making Fitzgerald comparisons...and the Steelers could have leaked that for two reasons...to pacify the fans if and when he leaves...and/or to turn off other potential suitors. Either way, its good business for the Steelers.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down