Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our O-line

4 posters

Go down

Our O-line Empty Our O-line

Post by MB20 Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Seattle's gonna run them the fuck over. If this is where this team is at in 2 weeks, they'll be lucky to stay within 3 touchdowns.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Our O-line Empty Re: Our O-line

Post by duck Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:54 pm

I know, I know... utter dogshit. We've heard that before.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:43 am

duck wrote:I know, I know... utter dogshit.  We've heard that before.
You didn't mind Rodgers getting pressured and/or drilled on nearly every drop back after the first series? Because for the alleged best O-line in McCarthy's tenure playing against a bunch of retreads, I thought they left a lot to be desired.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:25 pm

MB20 wrote:
You didn't mind Rodgers getting pressured and/or drilled on nearly every drop back after the first series? Because for the alleged best O-line in McCarthy's tenure playing against a bunch of retreads, I thought they left a lot to be desired.

After dominating on the first drive, the entire offense seemed to go to sleep for the next three drives, before waking up again for two more TD drives.

I too was bothered by the pressure on Rodgers but part of it is on him, IMHO. Way too much dancing around back there for a preseason game. He needs to quickly go to his checkdown and not expose himself to needless injury.

Did I think our line played great? No. But I do not think they played badly either. I think part of what happened is that they moved the ball so easily on the first drive (and their two drives against St. Louis) that they thought things were going to be too easy and let down a bit. I was glad to see they regrouped after a slap in the face.

I was pleased (and surprised) to see that Sherrod picked up his game and looked solid in relief.

All in all, am I worried about our offensive line? No. I think it's going to be a strong unit, a real asset to this team.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:12 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

After dominating on the first drive, the entire offense seemed to go to sleep for the next three drives, before waking up again for two more TD drives.

I too was bothered by the pressure on Rodgers but part of it is on him, IMHO.  Way too much dancing around back there for a preseason game.  He needs to quickly go to his checkdown and not expose himself to needless injury.

Did I think our line played great?  No.  But I do not think they played badly either.  I think part of what happened is that they moved the ball so easily on the first drive (and their two drives against St. Louis) that they thought things were going to be too easy and let down a bit.  I was glad to see they regrouped after a slap in the face.

I was pleased (and surprised) to see that Sherrod picked up his game and looked solid in relief.

All in all, am I worried about our offensive line?  No.  I think it's going to be a strong unit, a real asset to this team.
I hope you're right. They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt for me (obviously), so seeing them fall asleep like they did was very, very disturbing.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:15 pm

MB20 wrote:Seattle's gonna run them the fuck over. If this is where this team is at in 2 weeks, they'll be lucky to stay within 3 touchdowns.

So much for the O-Line. It's our D line that might get run over by Lynch.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:06 pm

OL vs DL in the pre-season can be seriously out of whack from a judgement stand point due to the different practice routines each squad has been recently subjected to.

During the regular season everyone sticks to a routine, however, in the pre-season you could be seeing one team that is simply gassed from the heat conditions they practice in or the workload they've been experiencing.

Point being, the Seahawks are not as good as they've looked and the 9ers aren't as bad as they've looked. These are also compelling reasons for not EVER betting on the first week of NFL action. Way, WAY too many extra variables in play at that point.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down