Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now that was disappointing

3 posters

Go down

Now that was disappointing Empty Now that was disappointing

Post by meiden Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:45 am

What a weak effort for the final real preseason game. Not only do the injuries to Houston and Kevin Smith concern me, the way that the Raider offense carved up this defense and the absolute complete inability to run the ball against Oakland's defense was extremely disappointing and unexpected. A very weak showing in far too many ways and they certainly better play with more intensity in two weeks or they stand a chance of losing to the Rams at home.

Stafford was solid, Hill horrible

The OL was so bad there was not a RB on the planet who could've done anything behind that line. They gave up pressure to the QBs and couldn't push to save their lives.

receivers were OK with no real complaint.

DL was weak with very limited push and again lost contain. Also, they got pushed around on run plays.

LBs were pretty weak also. bad angles, couldn't shake blocks, missed tackles all helped the Raiders.

DBs were horrible. Wendling was really bad and there consistently were wide open receivers. Coleman was the best back though I'm not sure there was even one real good defensive coverage play by any DB in this game.

STs was better.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Now that was disappointing Empty Re: Now that was disappointing

Post by Dawildboar Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:36 am

What a weak effort for the final real preseason game. Not only do the injuries to Houston and Kevin Smith concern me, the way that the Raider offense carved up this defense and the absolute complete inability to run the ball against Oakland's defense was extremely disappointing and unexpected. A very weak showing in far too many ways and they certainly better play with more intensity in two weeks or they stand a chance of losing to the Rams at home.

Stafford was solid, Hill horrible

The OL was so bad there was not a RB on the planet who could've done anything behind that line. They gave up pressure to the QBs and couldn't push to save their lives.

receivers were OK with no real complaint.

DL was weak with very limited push and again lost contain. Also, they got pushed around on run plays.

LBs were pretty weak also. bad angles, couldn't shake blocks, missed tackles all helped the Raiders.

DBs were horrible. Wendling was really bad and there consistently were wide open receivers. Coleman was the best back though I'm not sure there was even one real good defensive coverage play by any DB in this game.

STs was better

I agree with most everything you wrote MI. It looked like The Lions didn't care and the Raiders did. Granted the Lions had to travel a long way for a game that won't mean a damn thing in 13 days but you would hope they'd give a little better effort. The DL and Special Teams looked okay to me, The OL and most of the rest of the team looked like they wanted to be home.

What really concerns me is the Lions have shown that a running QB can get the best of them, last year Webb ripped them a new one and this year Pryor did, both are marginal QBs but they can both run and that sent the Lions D into a tizzy.

I'm calmed by the fact it's preseason and honestly after going 4 & 0 and following up the domination with and 0 & 16 mess, I know preseason doesn't mean JACK$%^&!
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Now that was disappointing Empty Defensive line

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:37 pm

DL was weak with very limited push and again lost contain. Also, they got pushed around on run plays

I thought the goal line stand was pretty nice, concidering the Raiders got 4 extra plays starting at the 1 yd line due to a penalty. I don't think McFadden scored, though they gave it to him. It appeared to me that he fumbled the ball reaching out with it before his knee went down. Leshoure looked very timid his first few carries. He does have some nice lateral movement, but nothing to impressive on any of the carries he had, nor the rest of the RB's to be fair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:07 pm

The impression I got from watching the game, the whole show was set to get LeShoure some experience. Beyond that, it appeared the OL in particular didn't feel like he deserved any holes, at least the effort said that. The whole offense was very vanilla even the couple trickery plays were only for show to have D Coordinators have that on their minds with Lions on their schedule. They were also playing not to get hurt, and when you do that, you sure as hell get hurt. I expect LeShoure and Bell to get plenty of carries against the Bills. I'm happy with the outcome of the game, as they have nothing to hang their hat on, to feel good about. So, Schwartz can work their butts off getting ready for the Rams. I think he is looking past the Rams, pointing for revenge against the '9ers. I hope they don't underestimate the Rams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:35 pm

RLMcB wrote:The impression I got from watching the game, the whole show was set to get LeShoure some experience. Beyond that, it appeared the OL in particular didn't feel like he deserved any holes, at least the effort said that. The whole offense was very vanilla even the couple trickery plays were only for show to have D Coordinators have that on their minds with Lions on their schedule. They were also playing not to get hurt, and when you do that, you sure as hell get hurt. I expect LeShoure and Bell to get plenty of carries against the Bills. I'm happy with the outcome of the game, as they have nothing to hang their hat on, to feel good about. So, Schwartz can work their butts off getting ready for the Rams. I think he is looking past the Rams, pointing for revenge against the '9ers. I hope they don't underestimate the Rams.

Good to see ya back! Very Happy
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:02 am

Snooker28 wrote:DL was weak with very limited push and again lost contain. Also, they got pushed around on run plays

I thought the goal line stand was pretty nice, concidering the Raiders got 4 extra plays starting at the 1 yd line due to a penalty. I don't think McFadden scored, though they gave it to him. It appeared to me that he fumbled the ball reaching out with it before his knee went down. Leshoure looked very timid his first few carries. He does have some nice lateral movement, but nothing to impressive on any of the carries he had, nor the rest of the RB's to be fair.

Two good points Snooker. In the long run I believe the DL is still one of the best in the league...when they are playing inspired football. It seemed like they were going through the motions much of the first half. There were a couple of plays Suh blew up and Young had a couple of nice plays but for the most part they were relatively flat. I do agree that when they got to the goal line stance the DL was inspired and stepped up nicely.

Also, I rather enjoyed watching some of the success of running the zone blocking scheme and the cut backs for some decent yardage in the first two games. My hope is that Linehan and Schwartz went ultraconservative in their run blocking because it was horrendous. Leshoure could've been the next great RB and done little behind that mess. I truly believe he will be fine...better than the other options we have, but to think that he will make this running game even a top 20 group is probably giving him too much credit. Behind this OL the running game will likely be a bottom 10 group regardless of who is back there.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:01 am

Another opinion about Sat evening. I don't think Hill was prepared to come into the game when he had to. It took him awhile to get up to speed. Linehan and Hill need to be better prepared, especially if they think they can depend on Leshoure to pass block. I don't expect Staffprd to go for that shit. I also expect them to pick up another RB, but they shouldn't before the end of the Rams game. That way, if they don't keep him they aren't stuck for his salary the whole season. Any players signed after the start of the season are only guaranteed each game's salary

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:11 am

RLMcB wrote:Another opinion about Sat evening. I don't think Hill was prepared to come into the game when he had to. It took him awhile to get up to speed. Linehan and Hill need to be better prepared, especially if they think they can depend on Leshoure to pass block. I don't expect Staffprd to go for that shit. I also expect them to pick up another RB, but they shouldn't before the end of the Rams game. That way, if they don't keep him they aren't stuck for his salary the whole season. Any players signed after the start of the season are only guaranteed each game's salary

See my post on this. Outside of picking up someone like Morris who knows the Lions protect schemes, I see no good in bringing in some guy off the street to play RB unless he is strictly a blocking back.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum