Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No injuries

+2
JnC4GB
duck
6 posters

Go down

No injuries Empty No injuries

Post by duck Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:02 pm

The most heartening aspect of the game last night is that there were no more injuries.

That's exactly why it is so hard to evaluate the Pack right now. It's hard to get perky about a team that went down 0-14 and was completely dominated by a 4-8 team in the first half. Once again, our defense was gashed by the run. It's the time of year when teams want to flex their muscles and produce dominating wins (like the Giants and Seahawks) and instead we got into a dogfight with a bottom feeder and needed a gift TD from an unheralded lineman to keep the first half from being a blowout.

But there were positives. Our running game looked good. Williams did a helluva job on Megatron and Shields' return added a pick. Crosby settled down and made some big kicks. The Pack showed character by coming back after a two TD deficit and the second half was actually quite solid.

The best thing is that we may have solved the problem that has been handcuffing the Pack since the Kansas City game last year: beating the Cover Two with the two deep safeties. You beat it by running at it. For two games in a row, the Packers have shown they are capable of running the ball and MM is adjusting his play calls accordingly. I also think Barclay is a big plus for the run game. We'll see what kind of defenses the Packers face in the future, but the emergence of a running game is huge. Especially in December in difficult weather situations. Especially before the playoffs.

Hopefully we'll get Matthews, Woodson, Lang and maybe Nelson back next week. This should be a much improved Packer team we will see down the stretch.

I fully believe the Packers will beat the fading Bears to clinch the division and a playoff spot. Still don't see the Super Bowl but I'm intrigued at the prospect of the Pack playing with a strong running game and getting its playmakers back on defense.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

No injuries Empty Re: No injuries

Post by JnC4GB Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:10 pm

duck wrote: I also think Barclay is a big plus for the run game.

THIS

bears repeating.

I bet he keeps the job when Lang returns and EDS hits the bench.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:30 pm

JnC4GB wrote:

THIS

bears repeating.

Yup. EDS plays like he has erectile dysfunction symptoms.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:27 pm

there was one injury of note,Zombos pride got injured severly on that one on one block by stafford
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:16 pm

throttleplate wrote:there was one injury of note,Zombos pride got injured severly on that one on one block by stafford

Should just be cut. That was pathetic.

I loved that running TD drive- like Duck said, it gives another look on film that MAKES opponents respect that part of our offense and will help enormously in bringing defenses out of the 2-high shell. Besides, it takes some attitude to pull off a drive like that, and I've been dying for our team to show some.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

No injuries Empty EDS

Post by milani Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:28 pm

duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

THIS

bears repeating.

Yup. EDS plays like he has erectile dysfunction symptoms.

I'd agree. But MM awarded EDS the game ball on offense last night for his pancake block on Fairley and another on the pull that opened the hole for Harris' TD. But pass blocking we know is still a big issue.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:29 pm

And while I like Davon House's development a lot, Sam Shields is a clear upgrade.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

No injuries Empty Special Teams

Post by milani Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:30 pm

throttleplate wrote:there was one injury of note,Zombos pride got injured severly on that one on one block by stafford

MM gave Zombo the game ball for special teams last night. Even though he did not make a tackle he felt he earned it. Figure?
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:39 pm

milani wrote:

MM gave Zombo the game ball for special teams last night. Even though he did not make a tackle he felt he earned it. Figure?

I guess there was much to the game that we, as television watchers, simply did not pick up. MM is not crazy. If he gave Zombo and EDS game balls they must have made a lot of positive contributions that we didn't see. As you pointed out earlier, Milani, EDS made some pancake run blocks. There's probably more good stuff like that.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:43 pm

MB20 wrote:And while I like Davon House's development a lot, Sam Shields is a clear upgrade.

The issue with Shields has always been his tackling. If he's willing to put his body on the line, he's a very good CB with exceptional speed.

Williams and Shields, when both are healthy and motivated, make a great tandem of cornerbacks.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:01 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:And while I like Davon House's development a lot, Sam Shields is a clear upgrade.

The issue with Shields has always been his tackling. If he's willing to put his body on the line, he's a very good CB with exceptional speed.

Williams and Shields, when both are healthy and motivated, make a great tandem of cornerbacks.

I think the coaching staff got through to him that his "tackling" last season was unacceptable. This Sam Shields is on his way to becoming a fucking star in this league.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:42 pm

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:

I think the coaching staff got through to him that his "tackling" last season was unacceptable. This Sam Shields is on his way to becoming a fucking star in this league.

Shields performs best when he feels he has something to prove... It's once he proves it--that has required attention...

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Hey Hey Hey !!!!!!!! All this talk about the emerged running game and offensive line play is all well and good. However the Packer success going down the stretch here in December and in the playoffs will center on the basic principle that DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS and TURNOVERS WIN GAMES. There you have it............from Ringo. Thanks Ringo. GO PACK GO!!!!!!!! BEAT DA BEARS.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Aside from Shields, House is actually a very good tackler and is a lot more physical with the receivers. He's still learning. Next year they may be able to use him to go after running backs going wide in the backfield the way Woodson has done for so long.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

No injuries Empty Offensive Line

Post by milani Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 pm

duck wrote:
milani wrote:

I guess there was much to the game that we, as television watchers, simply did not pick up. MM is not crazy. If he gave Zombo and EDS game balls they must have made a lot of positive contributions that we didn't see. As you pointed out earlier, Milani, EDS made some pancake run blocks. There's probably more good stuff like that.

I still feel that this offensive line is overmatched by the likes of SF and NY. They may just get blown right back into ARod and our backs will struggle to get across the line of scrimmage. There is a lot of $ tied up in Bulaga and Sherrod. Let's hope next year they earn it.

milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 pm

milani wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:

I still feel that this offensive line is overmatched by the likes of SF and NY. They may just get blown right back into ARod and our backs will struggle to get across the line of scrimmage. There is a lot of $ tied up in Bulaga and Sherrod. Let's hope next year they earn it.

Milani, you are absolutely right that our O-Line has been hurt tremendously by having two #1 picks go down. It's bad luck but, fortunately, we found a back up in Barclay who's actually much better than expected.

I agree with your take that the D-Lines of the Giants and Niners are superior to out O-Line. That jumps out at anyone who watched those games.

However, as I've learned from some of the excellent analyses I've seen on Packer TV, it's not all about the line. A considerable amount of the blame in those losses goes to MM and A-Rod. The formations and play calling were a recipe for disaster. A lot of the sacks were on Rodgers. He held the ball for several seconds waiting for receivers to break open... and you just can't do that in this league against a quality D-Line. Those long passes and the spread formation have got to go. We need to be patient with the run game and use quick hitters in the passing game. Frequently targeting Mr. Finley in the middle would be an excellent game plan.

While I have to give the edge to either the Niners or Giants in a rematch, I'm pretty sure these contests would be much closer if MM learned from his previous mistakes and called a more sensible game.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Sunday will be another pivotal test for the Packers O-Line. As EFFED up as Da Bears are they still have a defensive line that can play if motivated properly. But I predicted a 45-17 blowout whereby Rodgers carves up the Bears LBs ....... they'll all be exhausted by the middle of the 3rd quarter.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:02 pm

45-17 blowout whereby Rodgers carves up the Bears LBs ....... they'll all be exhausted by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

1) If this was in the making you would certainly see all the Bears turning into Bears and start a backyard brawl.
2) This would mean the axe for not only the coach but most of the Chicago ship.
3) The fans will start throwing paraphernalia at the refs and we'd start getting a slew of bad penalties called on us.

Settle for sluggish 17-13 win.

First time we will see a different Bear kicker in about 8 years.
Olando Mare can kick the ball into Lake Michigan but not dead center through the uprights.

milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down