Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Hoyer Phenomenal

Go down

Brian Hoyer  Phenomenal Empty Brian Hoyer Phenomenal

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:43 pm

General Manager Ray Farmer summed up his opinion of Brian Hoyer in one word after the Browns concluded practice on July 27: Phenomenal.
Hoyer clearly outplayed Johnny Manziel in the second day of training camp. Hoyer looked sharp, confident and relaxed. He spread the ball around and proved he could go deep with long passes to Taylor Gabriel and Nate Burleson.
Farmer was not referring just to one 2 1/2 hour practice when he praised Hoyer. He was talking about the way Hoyer has worked since suffering a season-ending knee injury last Oct. 3.
“I think Brian’s been phenomenal,” Farmer said. “I think he’s handled rehab like a pro, which is what you would like. He’s a man’s man. He didn’t cry over spilled milk. He attacked his rehab. He was here probably more than anybody.
“I think I work a lot hours, and there weren’t very many hours that I was in the building and Brian wasn’t somewhere working on his craft, be it the meeting room, be it the indoor facility, be it the weight room. He did everything he could to put himself in the best position possible. Now he’s got to go out and perform.”
Farmer also said he believes Manziel is ready to devote his time to the Browns. He met with Manziel. He declined to say what those conversations were about. Presumably they were not about golf.
“I’ve seen a young man that came back that appears to be prepared for a competition,” Farmer said. “We want guys that took the time to come back and demonstrate that they’re ready to compete to be starters in this league. I think everybody here wants to play. You want to play as much as you can. We’ll see that while he’s in the building he’s putting forth the work to try to be the starter.”

Back to top Go down

Brian Hoyer  Phenomenal Empty Re: Brian Hoyer Phenomenal

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Dmounts wrote:General Manager Ray Farmer summed up his opinion of Brian Hoyer in one word after the Browns concluded practice on July 27: Phenomenal.
Hoyer clearly outplayed Johnny Manziel in the second day of training camp. Hoyer looked sharp, confident and relaxed. He spread the ball around and proved he could go deep with long passes to Taylor Gabriel and Nate Burleson.
Farmer was not referring just to one 2 1/2 hour practice when he praised Hoyer. He was talking about the way Hoyer has worked since suffering a season-ending knee injury last Oct. 3.
“I think Brian’s been phenomenal,” Farmer said. “I think he’s handled rehab like a pro, which is what you would like. He’s a man’s man. He didn’t cry over spilled milk. He attacked his rehab. He was here probably more than anybody.
“I think I work a lot hours, and there weren’t very many hours that I was in the building and Brian wasn’t somewhere working on his craft, be it the meeting room, be it the indoor facility, be it the weight room. He did everything he could to put himself in the best position possible. Now he’s got to go out and perform.”
Farmer also said he believes Manziel is ready to devote his time to the Browns. He met with Manziel. He declined to say what those conversations were about. Presumably they were not about golf.
“I’ve seen a young man that came back that appears to be prepared for a competition,” Farmer said. “We want guys that took the time to come back and demonstrate that they’re ready to compete to be starters in this league. I think everybody here wants to play. You want to play as much as you can. We’ll see that while he’s in the building he’s putting forth the work to try to be the starter.”
Its not a fluke that Brian Hoyer is with Cleveland, 2 years ago when the Browns were interviewing head coaches 3 of them were asked, how would you solve the problem of the Browns QB situation, all of them said they would bring in Brian Hoyer.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:33 pm

I was listening to the radio the other day and they had a few players on and one of them was O-Lineman Joe Thomas and they were all talking about how intense and fast practices were, they said since they have been there in Cleveland no practices have been as fast and intense as this years. I hope it continues and carries over into the season, I am really interested in what is going on with this O-Line.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down