Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wasted days and wasted nights...

3 posters

Go down

Wasted days and wasted nights... Empty Wasted days and wasted nights...

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:30 am

[size=48]Federal appeals court invalidates some ObamaCare subsidies, in blow to health law[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Published July 22, 2014

ASHINGTON –  A powerful federal appeals court dealt a major blow to ObamaCare on Tuesday, ruling against the legality of some subsidies issued to people through the Affordable Care Act exchanges.

A three-judge panel ruled 2-1 on Tuesday that the IRS went too far in reinterpreting the language in ObamaCare to extend subsidies to those who buy insurance through the federally run exchanges, known as HealthCare.gov.
The case, Halbig v Sebelius, is one of the first major legal challenges that cuts to the heart of the Affordable Care Act by going after the legality of massive federal subsidies and those who benefit from them.
In the case, the plaintiff claimed the Obama administration – in particular, the Internal Revenue Service -- is breaking the law by offering tax subsidies in all 50 states to offset the cost of health insurance. The suit maintains that the language in ObamaCare actually restricts subsidies to state-run exchanges -- of which there are only 14 -- and does not authorize them to be given in the 36 states that use the federally run system, commonly known as HealthCare.gov. 
The ruling, though likely to be appealed, could threaten the entire foundation of the newly devised health care system. Nearly 90 percent of the federal exchange’s insurance enrollees were eligible for subsidies because of low or moderate incomes that the outcome of the case could potentially leave millions without affordable health insurance

:::sigh::: The federal government has brought incompetence/embarrassment to a new level in this administration...

Back to top Go down

Wasted days and wasted nights... Empty Re: Wasted days and wasted nights...

Post by JnC4GB Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:48 pm

This is the problem with getting your information from Fox News; you only get the half of the story that they want you to hear.

A separate appeals court has ruled unanimously in favor of the IRS being able to extend subsidies. The conflicted rulings mean the decision will be now reviewed by the entirety of the appeals court--which is stacked with Obama appointees, unlike the 3-judge panel that had 2 of the 3 judges being Bush appointees.

Funny how Fox News left that part out.   scratch
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:59 pm

JnC4GB wrote:This is the problem with getting your information from Fox News; you only get the half of the story that they want you to hear.

A separate appeals court has ruled unanimously in favor of the IRS being able to extend subsidies. The conflicted rulings mean the decision will be now reviewed by the entirety of the appeals court--which is stacked with Obama appointees, unlike the 3-judge panel that had 2 of the 3 judges being Bush appointees.

Funny how Fox News left that part out.   scratch
The Federal Appellate Court has become a sham in this country--the soul of the judicial branch--politically rotted in the triumvirate of checks/balances...  What they recently did to the veterans in this country through undoubtedly an edict from the Obama administration, is truly sad...

It'll ultimately go to the US Supreme Court either way...and they're only marginally better

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:41 pm

As I've noted before, following just Fox or CNN... or any single news station... will give you a completely skewed version of the news.

Personally I prefer to get my news online. If any story has political implications, I usually check a few different sources.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:00 pm

duck wrote:As I've noted before, following just Fox or CNN... or any single news station... will give you a completely skewed version of the news.

Personally I prefer to get my news online.  If any story has political implications, I usually check a few different sources.

Duck comes through with another moment of Rooferlistic genius...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:52 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:As I've noted before, following just Fox or CNN... or any single news station... will give you a completely skewed version of the news.

Personally I prefer to get my news online.  If any story has political implications, I usually check a few different sources.

You're the guy who presented just the Fox spin until JnC corrected you.

That makes you, what, half a Roofer?   Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:07 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

LOL.  JnC corrected me?  Isn't that interesting.  I did not know that.  The article I came across was not manipulatively selected to reflect any sort of bias.  I did see after that that another court had also issued a ruling today in another case with an opposite verdict but how that invalidates the earlier story, I know not...  Perhaps because you're both liberals and to you--Fox is the evil Satan?  LOL!

God damn how I'm glad I don't have my chestnuts all cinched up and stuffed up my ass like some do here.  Little boxes, little boxes everywhere...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:32 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

LOL.  JnC corrected me?  Isn't that interesting.  I did not know that.  The article I came across was not manipulatively selected to reflect any sort of bias.  I did see after that that another court had also issued a ruling today in another case with an opposite verdict but how that invalidates the earlier story, I know not...  Perhaps because you're both liberals and to you--Fox is the evil Satan?  LOL!

God damn how I'm glad I don't have my chestnuts all cinched up and stuffed up my ass like some do here.  Little boxes, little boxes everywhere...   Laughing

Please, HD.  Stop pretending you're an independent.  It's abundantly clear to anyone following your posts that you're solidly a Fox-watching right winger.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:06 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Please, HD.  Stop pretending you're an independent.  It's abundantly clear to anyone following your posts that you're solidly a Fox-watching right winger.
This might be Duck's first moment of clarity in well over a year.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:41 pm

God damn I love you guys.

What a fucking magnificent collection of assholes we are.    

Gotta love it.  cheers
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:17 pm

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

LOL.  Clarity in exposing his own bias to the left in needing me to be a righty to provide balance in his refuted claim of independence.  Duck's an independent, you see, because he wears hawaiian shirts in a colony of hippie 'tards and let's his wife vote for Obama for him...   Laughing 

Try as you might--you won't be able to label me.  Others have tried and admit failure.  FOX watcher?  Like in news?  You obviously know me very little.  Outside of pro football and hockey--I've probably watched 25-40 hours of TV in the past year--mostly all movies.  My news watching is limited to here and there something that catches my eye while channel surfing and would never waste my time specifically selecting a news program that I knew in advance to be intentionally biased one way or another.  That's what weak fucks do.  I don't subscribe to convention, you see...nor obviously define myself through it.  Yes, As I've said--I lean conservative fiscally...but that hardly makes me a republican...

Everything/one gets judged on it's/their merits.  Bias and weakness go hand in hand...  Not to say I don't let myself down on occasion--but you'll never find me intentionally seeking out bias in some weak-titted attempt to tail-wag myself into confirmation of my pre-established beliefs...  That's backwardation...  Oh no, motherfucker--I play contango...   Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:49 am

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

LOL.  Clarity in exposing his own bias to the left in needing me to be a righty to provide balance in his refuted claim of independence.  Duck's an independent, you see, because he wears hawaiian shirts in a colony of hippie 'tards and let's his wife vote for Obama for him...   Laughing 

Try as you might--you won't be able to label me.  Others have tried and admit failure.  FOX watcher?  Like in news?  You obviously know me very little.  Outside of pro football and hockey--I've probably watched 25-40 hours of TV in the past year--mostly all movies.  My news watching is limited to here and there something that catches my eye while channel surfing and would never waste my time specifically selecting a news program that I knew in advance to be intentionally biased one way or another.  That's what weak fucks do.  I don't subscribe to convention, you see...nor obviously define myself through it.  Yes, As I've said--I lean conservative fiscally...but that hardly makes me a republican...

Everything/one gets judged on it's/their merits.  Bias and weakness go hand in hand...  Not to say I don't let myself down on occasion--but you'll never find me intentionally seeking out bias in some weak-titted attempt to tail-wag myself into confirmation of my pre-established beliefs...  That's backwardation...  Oh no, motherfucker--I play contango...   Cool 

We don't have to label you, HD. You do it to yourself. We've been reading your posts for almost two decades now and you routinely go on diatribes about liberals and leftists but never utter a peep about comparable ding-a-lings on the right.

Jeez, how many 100 post debates have you had with JnC that clearly define you as a Republican conservative?

Does anyone on this board ever -- I mean ever -- recall HD going on a rant about right wing stupidity???? LOL. Get real. I'm surprised you even try to hide the fact that you are clearly a Republican.

Even Roofer could see that your tilt is decidedly to the right.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:58 am

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Listen, I don't give a flying fuck about your politics, religion, proclivities, hankerings, or hangups. I am simply curious as to whether or not you can cite a source to support your viewpoints that doesn't happen to be owned by Rupert Murdoch  Very Happy

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:04 am

In defense of HD, I'm fairly certain Rupert Murdoch doesn't own any of HD's lower intestines and HD has often cited things that he has pulled from there.  Cool
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:04 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

We don't have to label you, HD.  You do it to yourself.  We've been reading your posts for almost two decades now and you routinely go on diatribes about liberals and leftists but never utter a peep about comparable ding-a-lings on the right.

Jeez, how many 100 post debates have you had with JnC that clearly define you as a Republican conservative?

Does anyone on this board ever -- I mean ever -- recall HD going on a rant about right wing stupidity????  LOL.  Get real.  I'm surprised you even try to hide the fact that you are clearly a Republican.

Laughing   Jeezus Duck...did you eat the caps from your cap gun as a child?  How many times over how many years does it need to be said?  Yes--FISCALLY I align to the right.  Outside of that, I'm all over the place depending upon the issue and what my heart tells me about it.  Why is this so difficult for you? 

Yes, I know you claimed to be an independent and yes--I know I exposed you as a liberal pretending not to be...but that doesn't mean your sudden crusade to do the same to me has legs, Conchico...  I'm an Independent because both parties are sorely left wanting and thus unable to offer me the ground to identify with.  I have a brain, you see...and I'm not afraid to use it.  Beyond that--I just don't have the time/interest to participate.  Do you really think I spend my evenings sitting of front of the tube watching a bunch of chucklefucks waste each other's time?  Finally, many people struggle with identity.  They need to be this or that in order to define for themselves who they are.  American institution and consumerism thrives on that shit.  You're a Democrat.  This means you believe all these things and act this way and live your life according to the following...and you must hate anyone who doesn't demonstrate all the same things because they are BAD.  They might get ahold of you and brainwash you into some :::GASP::: critical fucking thought of your beliefs...and goodness fuck me--we can't have that...   Same thing with Republicans.  And--it doesn't stop there...

Look at organized religion.  Same thing.  Look at consumerism.  Same thing.  Harley Davidson, for example.  They've been astoundingly successful in not just selling a motorcycle--but selling a lifestyle...and chumps needing an identity buy that shit up like pigs at a shit auction.  Ever read a union newsletter?  Fuck me...  Hate the man...hate the man...hate the man...  Sheeples to slaughter.  Unwitting foot soldiers fighting another man's war...  No thanks.  I'm Rogue, motherfucker...   Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 am

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Listen, I don't give a flying fuck about your politics, religion, proclivities, hankerings, or hangups. I am simply curious as to whether or not you can cite a source to support your viewpoints that doesn't happen to be owned by Rupert Murdoch  Very Happy
 Laughing   You still don't get it...  I don't give-a-shit to *cite sources to support my viewpoints* or really--whether any such support actually exists.  There possibly may be some things I believe that no one else on the planet has considered....and does that necessarily make me wrong to believe them?  And, Rupert Murdoch? I don't know him.  Never met the man.  Therefore, he matters little more to me than any of the other 3+ billion people on this planet that constitute little more than fucks who get in my way in traffic, eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:28 am

JnC4GB wrote:In defense of HD, I'm fairly certain Rupert Murdoch doesn't own any of HD's lower intestines and HD has often cited things that he has pulled from there.  Cool

Indeed, the same matter that you regularly dine on, eh my friend?   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:49 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

We don't have to label you, HD.  You do it to yourself.  We've been reading your posts for almost two decades now and you routinely go on diatribes about liberals and leftists but never utter a peep about comparable ding-a-lings on the right.

Does anyone on this board ever -- I mean ever -- recall HD going on a rant about right wing stupidity????  LOL.  Get real.  I'm surprised you even try to hide the fact that you are clearly a Republican.

Laughing   Jeezus Duck...did you eat the caps from your cap gun as a child?  How many times over how many years does it need to be said?  Yes--FISCALLY I align to the right.  Outside of that, I'm all over the place depending upon the issue and what my heart tells me about it.  Why is this so difficult for you? 

Yes, I know you claimed to be an independent and yes--I know I exposed you as a liberal pretending not to be...but that doesn't mean your sudden crusade to do the same to me has legs, Conchico...  I'm an Independent because both parties are sorely left wanting and thus unable to offer me the ground to identify with.  I have a brain, you see...and I'm not afraid to use it.  Beyond that--I just don't have the time/interest to participate.  Do you really think I spend my evenings sitting of front of the tube watching a bunch of chucklefucks waste each other's time?  Finally, many people struggle with identity.  They need to be this or that in order to define for themselves who they are.  American institution and consumerism thrives on that shit.  You're a Democrat.  This means you believe all these things and act this way and live your life according to the following...and you must hate anyone who doesn't demonstrate all the same things because they are BAD.  They might get ahold of you and brainwash you into some :::GASP::: critical fucking thought of your beliefs...and goodness fuck me--we can't have that...   Same thing with Republicans.  And--it doesn't stop there...

Look at organized religion.  Same thing.  Look at consumerism.  Same thing.  Harley Davidson, for example.  They've been astoundingly successful in not just selling a motorcycle--but selling a lifestyle...and chumps needing an identity buy that shit up like pigs at a shit auction.  Ever read a union newsletter?  Fuck me...  Hate the man...hate the man...hate the man...  Sheeples to slaughter.  Unwitting foot soldiers fighting another man's war...  No thanks.  I'm Rogue, motherfucker...   Cool

Being an independent implies you're neutral and have both positive and negative views on the Republicans and Democrats, depending upon this circumstances, does it not?  That's easy to say... but your actions refute it.  Anyone with half a brain who has read your innumerable harangues about liberals can see what your political bent is.  It jumps out at you... like a clown with a seltzer bottle.  In fact you just did it again up above.

You're trying to shift the focus to me... but let me ask you this.  You've read my stuff over the years too.  Do you see me going off on Republicans the way you go off on the Left?  Hardly.  You don't see me going off on either group because I'm pretty much checked out of the system.  I'm certainly much more to the left than you are... but I'm also a fiscal conservative and I don't like Obama.

Go ahead, embrace your true self, HD.  Everyone here knows exactly where you're coming from and, as MB succinctly put it, most of us don't really give a flying fuck.   cheers
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:50 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Being an independent implies you're neutral and have both positive and negative views on the Republicans and Democrats, depending upon this circumstances, does it not?  That's easy to say... but your actions refute it.  Anyone with half a brain who has read your innumerable harangues about liberals can see what your political bent is.  It jumps out at you... like a clown with a seltzer bottle.  In fact you just did it again up above.

You're trying to shift the focus to me... but let me ask you this.  You've read my stuff over the years too.  Do you see me going off on Republicans the way you go off on the Left?  Hardly.  You don't see me going off on either group because I'm pretty much checked out of the system.  I'm certainly much more to the left than you are... but I'm also a fiscal conservative and I don't like Obama.

Go ahead, embrace your true self, HD.  Everyone here knows exactly where you're coming from and, as MB succinctly put it, most of us don't really give a flying fuck.   cheers

LMAO!  Throw out a little bear bait periodically to get my liberal buddy JnC to remember he has a pulse--and there's no telling what kind of other nitwits can't help but stumble into the trap... Thank you, Duck.  You've thrown me into bonusland...   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:24 pm

Always goes the same way with you...Always.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:39 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Always goes the same way with you...Always.

Fucking frustrating, isn't it...   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:40 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Always goes the same way with you...Always.

It's quite impressive, really.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down