Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pretty good effort for a story

5 posters

Go down

pretty good effort for a story Empty pretty good effort for a story

Post by KBen Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:07 am

In a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this week, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers talked about getting together with Brett Favre and Bart Starr to talk football at some type of event.
Since we’re always one step ahead of ESPN here at ALLGBP.com, we’ve learned that Rodgers, Favre and Starr actually did get together last week. However, it wasn’t to talk about any old event, it was to plan Favre’s return to Lambeau Field at halftime of the Nov. 9 game against the Bears.
The trio met at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] near tiny Ringle, Wisconsin. Chico’s is a bar/restaurant in the middle of a corn field that serves amazing chimichangas.
ALLGBP.com has obtained an exclusive transcript of this historical meeting. Here it is:
Starr and Favre arrive at the same time, Starr in his 1996 Buick and Favre on his riding lawn mower. They shake hands, walk across the gravel parking lot, enter Chico’s, and find a quiet table near the bar.
Starr: I almost didn’t recognize you with that giant beard and those two guns you’re carrying around.
Starr grips Favre’s biceps, which are exposed because Favre can’t find any shirts with sleeves in Mississippi that fit over his arms.
Favre: Thanks, Bart. I’m coming back to Lambeau this year and I need to be in good shape so I can fight all the fans.
Starr: Oh Brett. C’mon. No fans are going to try and fight you. They’ll be glad to have you back.
Favre: It’s all part of my plan to not get booed.
Starr: Your plan?
Favre: I don’t want to get booed, Bart. I need to be loved. To ensure Packers fans won’t boo me, I’m going to challenge them all to a fight.
Starr: Oh fer chirssakes…..
Favre: Yeah, before I even make it out of the tunnel, I’m going to get on the mic, tell everyone in the stadium that their mother is a Vikings fan, and dare them all to come out to the 50 yard line and fight me to the death.
Starr: So you’re going to have a death match with 80,000 Packers fans at Lambeau Field?
Favre: Goddang right. And I’m going to go undefeated, 80,000 – 0. Have you seen these things?
Favre kisses his biceps and does a Hulk Hogan pose.
Starr: At least 79,999 people will forfeit because they’re scared of your creepy old man beard.
Aaron Rodgers finally arrives. He walks through the door texting with girlfriend Olivia Munn and sits down without bothering to look up.
Favre: Oh, look who decided to show up.
Starr: Son, no cell phones allowed at this Table of Greatness.
Rodgers doesn’t hear any of this because he’s still texting Olivia and giggling the way people giggle when they’re madly and annoyingly in love. Favre takes Rodgers’ phone and stuffs it into his beard.
Rodgers: Hey, a-hole! Gimme my phone back!
Favre: Get it yourself, Aaron.
Favre mockingly sticks out his chin and invites Rodgers to reach into his beard and grab his phone.
Rodgers: I’m not sticking my hand in that thing. I have no idea where that beard has been or what else you’ve stuffed in there.
Starr: Both of you shut up. Let’s get down to business. We’re here to figure out what we’re doing for Favre’s welcome back to Lambeau ceremony.
Favre: I already told you, I’m fighting all the fans before they can boo me.
Rodgers: No you’re not. Then there won’t be any fans left to cheer me on as I lead the Packers to another victory. Because unlike you two has-beens, I still play in the NFL and provide the people of Green Bay with football victories every Sunday.
Favre: Lately I’ve been seeing more TV commercials from you than victories, Rodgers.
Starr:  Yeah, and tabloid photos of you and Olivia sucking face, but kudos to you for at least keeping your hands in an appropriate position.
Rodgers: Both of you shut up! I’d like to see you two geezers try and win a Super Bowl with M.D. Jennings, Erik Walden and the corpse of B.J. Raji playing defense.
Favre: So you’re saying you want me to make a comeback?
Starr slams his head on the table in frustration.
Rodgers: I ran you out of town once and I would have no problem doing it again now that you look like a jacked-up hick Santa Claus.
The waitress comes over to take food orders.
Favre: I’ll have the chimichanga.
Starr: Same here.
Rodgers: Could I get a tofu salad with organic lettuce, a non-GMO, free-range, sustainably-raised grilled chicken breast and a side of steamed broccoli? Oh, and can you also bring me a pile of freshly picked vegetables and fruits so I can use my own juicer to make myself a tasty beverage?
Favre: What the hell is wrong with you?
Starr: Get the chimmi instead of all that crap. C’mon Rodgers, be a man for a change!
Rodgers: Unlike when you two played back in the 1920s, today’s NFL players eat right and take care of their bodies.
Favre: How’d all that eating right and taking care of your body work out for your collar bone last year?
Starr: Back in my day, we’d pound a couple of Leinenkugel’s and eat a steak dinner at halftime. Then we’d go back out there, play with a concussion and six broken ribs, and win games like the Ice Bowl and the first two Super Bowls.
Favre: Yeah, I played with a broken thumb and they once had to amputate my ankle at halftime. Never missed a snap. Broken collar bone. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiit.
Rodgers: That’s it, I’m leaving! I don’t have to put up with this abuse. Besides, I already have my own Welcome Back Favre ceremony planned. It involves a famous Favre (s)text message, the Lambeau jumbotron and a highlight package I spliced together called “No. 4′s greatest interceptions of all time that broke the hearts of Packers fans everywhere.”
Suddenly the juke box starts playing “Bad to the Bone.” All eyes in the bar turn toward a tall, slender, silver-haired man who just walked through the door.
Starr: Oh. My. God. THAT’S TED THOMPSON’S MUSIC!!!!!!
Ted Thompson: Hello, fellas.
Favre: You here to run me out of Ringle like you ran me out of Green Bay, Thompson?
Rodgers: What are you doing here, Ted? Go sign some free agents to help our sorry defense and cover up for your terrible draft choices.
Thompson: I can see this might take a while. I better order myself a strong drink.
Thompson orders a 20 oz. bottle of water instead of the usual 16 oz.
Thompson: I’m sick of you three bickering. Favre is coming back to Lambeau this year whether you all like it or not.
Favre: Of course I am. And I’m going to fight all the fans. Should I tell you my plan?
Thompson: The only thing you’ll be fighting is tears because every fan in the stadium is going to be cheering like crazy when we’re done.
Rodgers: Yeah, they’ll be cheering for me because I’ll be leading the Packers to another Super Bowl. And I’m on TV. And I have my own radio show to, you know, to connect with the fans and stuff.
Starr: Back in my day, we listened to music on the radio, not prima donna quarterbacks.
Thompson: Here’s the plan: Everyone loves you, Bart, because you’re old and fans in Green Bay value the Ice Bowl victory more than our country’s victory in World War II. So you’ll go out first.
Starr: Ah, the Ice Bowl. It was so cold that day that you could literally see your breath –
Thompson cuts off Starr before he can tell the same story for the 1,000th time.
Thompson: Next, Rodgers will come out.
Rodgers: Fans will be happy to see me because we’ll be beating the Bears 107-8 and I’ll have 13 touchdowns.
Thompson: Finally, you’ll come out of the tunnel, Brett. There will be a few boos. I won’t lie to you, there’s plenty of people that still hate you.
Favre: Yeah, so I’m going to fight them. All of them. To the death. They can’t boo me once they’ve been flattened by these cannons.
Favre gets up, ties some tassels around his biceps, paints his face, and starts running around the bar like the Ultimate Warrior.
Thompson: No, Brett. You’re not going to fight the fans. You’re going to buy them a beer.
Favre: Buy them a beer?
Thompson: Yup. From the 50 yard line, you’re going to pull out your wallet and buy everyone in the stadium a beer. Because even though there may be some hard feelings and ill-will, buying someone a beer helps to officially bury the hatchet and make things ok again.
Rodgers: Instead of a beer, can mine be a protein shake?
Thompson: Shut up, Rodgers. After everyone has their beer in hand, we’ll ask them to raise their glasses and toast No. 4 for all the memories — the good ones, the great ones and all the memories in-between.
All four men are now sobbing uncontrollably. Favre and Rodgers embrace. Thompson and Favre shake hands and apologize for all the hard feelings. Starr lets all three wear his Super Bowl I and II rings. Finally, all four interlock in a somewhat awkward, but still moving, two-minute long group hug.
Thompson: Oh, but make sure the beer you buy everyone is a Spotted Cow. If you buy them some crappy light beer, they’ll probably start booing you again.
Favre: Noted. Thanks guys. I love you.
Rodgers: I love you too, Brett.
Thompson: I love you too, No. 4.
Starr: I love you also, Favre. Did I ever tell you guys about how cold it was at the Ice Bowl? It was so cold………
KBen
KBen

Back to top Go down

pretty good effort for a story Empty Re: pretty good effort for a story

Post by duck Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:30 am

You hit the nail on the head, KBen: pretty good. It's such a fertile concept for a story I was underwhelmed. Much of the dialog (especially Starr's) didn't seem in character and the storyline, while entertaining, could have been much more clever.

Still, I love the idea of these three QBs interacting together.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:48 pm

duck wrote:You hit the nail on the head, KBen:  pretty good.  It's such a fertile concept for a story I was underwhelmed.  Much of the dialog (especially Starr's) didn't seem in character and the storyline, while entertaining, could have been much more clever.

I'd rather see 3 of the last 4 head coaches get together to discuss Packer history at an event i.e. McCarthy, Sherman, and Holmgren. They all coached Favre and all had plenty of playoff teams.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:15 pm

No.........this should be the line-up:  Favre, Rodgers, Starr, Majik.......Holmgren, Sherman, McCarthy, Wolf, Thompson.   With Larry McCarren as Master of Ceremonies.   Ringo will happily stand at the 50 yard line and crack open a bottle of Spotted Cow for Brett.

GO PACK GO!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:00 pm

I want to hear from brett how his picture of his junk made it to that jets chicks phone and the nfl coverup over it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by KBen Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:53 am

duck wrote:You hit the nail on the head, KBen:  pretty good.  It's such a fertile concept for a story I was underwhelmed.  Much of the dialog (especially Starr's) didn't seem in character and the storyline, while entertaining, could have been much more clever.

agreed
sports writers are that for good reason, if they were witty enough to be comedy writers they would be that instead of a sports writer.
That said, it still gave me a few laughs & I'm a little proud of the guy for trying to go out of his comfort zone and write it
KBen
KBen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:14 pm

KBen wrote:

agreed
sports writers are that for good reason, if they were witty enough to be comedy writers they would be that instead of a sports writer.
That said, it still gave me a few laughs & I'm a little proud of the guy for trying to go out of his comfort zone and write it
Exactly--Starr's dialogue was completely out of character.  Here--you want something completely dialed in on character--watch this epic performance by several of those from this very board filmed on Throttle's recent visit back!  Of course--that's Ben there at the lead vocal trying his best to lip sync...and who could miss Ringo there second from the right and JnC second from the left and the dork on the far left is definitely Throttle with a rare appearance by MB workin' the mojo there on the right in the dandy guido jacket.  It's just too bad they rejected Duck from being in the band because they couldn't keep his hair-piece velcroed on...

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Please put Duck second from the right and Ringo on drums where he belongs.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by KBen Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:49 pm

I had such pretty hair....  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KBen
KBen

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:53 pm

I was unable to open the link but maybe its better I didn't see it as in this piece I have on here now is the real me,i am the good looking one in the middle with all the moves.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:02 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Please put Duck second from the right and Ringo on drums where he belongs.

No, Ringo...  You're definitely the dude second from the right... Review the clip again...   Laughing 

You totally remind me of this guy (one of the many) who filtered through this search firm where I started out many years ago.  His name was Jon.  He was an entertaining dude for sure...and probably saved my bacon one night we threw one of the larger bashes I can remember having in the pool/party room of this upscale apartment complex one of the other headhunters lived in.  Long story short--things got a little crazy as they often would when you take a whole bunch of single people in their 20's, add a whole bunch of alcohol and other assorted mood-assistance compounds...and just let the movie roll...   Cool   Anyway, at some point Jon decided it would be a good idea to conduct his partying in the pool so he just spontaneously removed all his clothes and jumped in.  Well, before too long, I decided it might be a good idea to take my boss (the owner of the search firm)--and throw his ass, fully-clothed, into the pool....  I mean--what was he going to do--FIRE me?  LOL.  He was probably 40 years old at the time but a wiry motherfucker--and I'll be a son-of-a-bitch if he/I didn't go a solid five minutes while everyone cheered it on where I almost went for the splash as many times as he did before, both exhausted, we battled to a draw on dry land...

At some point thereafter, and this is where I'll always be forever indebted to Jon, I noticed this other headhunter I thought was kind of a slapdick passed out in one of the pool chairs--so I summoned somebody over to take the other side of his chair and we launched that mofo, chair and all--directly into the pool.  LOL.  Probably not a good idea.  The problem was--the guy was apparently completely blotto and the refreshing splash didn't really wake him up much--so he proceeded to just begin to drown.  Fortunately, smilin' Jon was standing in the pool with his shriveled-up nutsack and a drink in his hand not far from where they dude went for the plunge...but he just stood there and laughed his ass off while this poor asshole gasped for air and undoubtedly was ingesting water until I went over there and said, You dumb fuck--are you gonna save this guy's life or not?!  Jon kinda reached out with his arm in a half-assed manner a couple of times and sweeped the dude's head out of the water--but he clearly wasn't tumbling to the urgency of what was going on until I said, *look--grab that fucker and lift him out of the water, you stupid ass!*   You ever see (outside of Thor) a naked dude behind another incapacitated guy with his arms wrapped around his chest trying to walk him upright as he bounced along the bottom in a swimming pool?  LMFAO.  Looked like a poodle dancing on his hind legs with his pink thing out.   Laughing   Anyway, we hauled this guy back out of the pool, replaced his chair where it was and placed him back in it.  He coughed up some water a couple of times and couldn't have been too happy about his wallet when he woke up, but a *sorry about that, man* later-all was good.  No harm--no foul...  He probably needed a bath, anyway...   Laughing 

Let this be a lesson to you, Ringo.  Excessive drinking can be harmful to your health...   

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:51 pm

_HD_ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:Please put Duck second from the right and Ringo on drums where he belongs.

No, Ringo...  You're definitely the dude second from the right... Review the clip again...   Laughing 

You totally remind me of this guy (one of the many) who filtered through this search firm where I started out many years ago.  His name was Jon.  He was an entertaining dude for sure...and probably saved my bacon one night we threw one of the larger bashes I can remember having in the pool/party room of this upscale apartment complex one of the other headhunters lived in.  Long story short--things got a little crazy as they often would when you take a whole bunch of single people in their 20's, add a whole bunch of alcohol and other assorted mood-assistance compounds...and just let the movie roll...   Cool   Anyway, at some point Jon decided it would be a good idea to conduct his partying in the pool so he just spontaneously removed all his clothes and jumped in.  Well, before too long, I decided it might be a good idea to take my boss (the owner of the search firm)--and throw his ass, fully-clothed, into the pool....  I mean--what was he going to do--FIRE me?  LOL.  He was probably 40 years old at the time but a wiry motherfucker--and I'll be a son-of-a-bitch if he/I didn't go a solid five minutes while everyone cheered it on where I almost went for the splash as many times as he did before, both exhausted, we battled to a draw on dry land...

At some point thereafter, and this is where I'll always be forever indebted to Jon, I noticed this other headhunter I thought was kind of a slapdick passed out in one of the pool chairs--so I summoned somebody over to take the other side of his chair and we launched that mofo, chair and all--directly into the pool.  LOL.  Probably not a good idea.  The problem was--the guy was apparently completely blotto and the refreshing splash didn't really wake him up much--so he proceeded to just begin to drown.  Fortunately, smilin' Jon was standing in the pool with his shriveled-up nutsack and a drink in his hand not far from where they dude went for the plunge...but he just stood there and laughed his ass off while this poor asshole gasped for air and undoubtedly was ingesting water until I went over there and said, You dumb fuck--are you gonna save this guy's life or not?!  Jon kinda reached out with his arm in a half-assed manner a couple of times and sweeped the dude's head out of the water--but he clearly wasn't tumbling to the urgency of what was going on until I said, *look--grab that fucker and lift him out of the water, you stupid ass!*   You ever see (outside of Thor) a naked dude behind another incapacitated guy with his arms wrapped around his chest trying to walk him upright as he bounced along the bottom in a swimming pool?  LMFAO.  Looked like a poodle dancing on his hind legs with his pink thing out.   Laughing   Anyway, we hauled this guy back out of the pool, replaced his chair where it was and placed him back in it.  He coughed up some water a couple of times and couldn't have been too happy about his wallet when he woke up, but a *sorry about that, man* later-all was good.  No harm--no foul...  He probably needed a bath, anyway...   Laughing 

Let this be a lesson to you, Ringo.  Excessive drinking can be harmful to your health...   

Review this clip.........."that's what I'm talkin' about HD"  LOL LOL LOFL.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:04 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Review this clip.........."that's what I'm talkin' about HD"  LOL LOL LOFL.

Too much of a good thing, Ringo...   

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:09 pm

This is even EFFEN better HD !!!   Pam Oliver's favorite interviewee is _____________?

Long interview with Pam.........her answer is at the end.

GO EFFEN PACKERs..........Woo Hoo !!  GO PACK GO !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:51 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:This is even EFFEN better HD !!!   Pam Oliver's favorite interviewee is _____________?

I think a little dose of terrible Ted is the only thing that stands a chance to cure you of that cat scratch fever you obviously have for the hippo ass...   Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:55 pm

_HD_ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:This is even EFFEN better HD !!!   Pam Oliver's favorite interviewee is _____________?

I think a little dose of terrible Ted is the only thing that stands a chance to cure you of that cat scratch fever you obviously have for the hippo ass...   Cool 

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o-B4d5Nuvto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do do do do do do do  ............  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxW0n5Fe5CY

In touch with the ground
I'm on the hunt I'm after you
Smell like I sound, I'm lost in a crowd
And I'm hungry like the wolf
Straddle the line in discord and rhyme
I'm on the hunt I'm after you
Mouth is alive with juices like wine
And I'm hungry like the wolf

LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!!!!!   LOEFFENL!

and even better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiUYA0fo1EM
RingoCStarrQB