Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concussion story on PBS last night

+3
JnC4GB
duck
throttleplate
7 posters

Go down

Concussion story on PBS last night Empty Concussion story on PBS last night

Post by throttleplate Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

did anyone catch the 2 hour special on head trauma?it was widely known that paul taglibua the commish at the time knew of bad effects from hits to the head and nfl tried to hide it.They did an optopsy of mike websters brain and body and his brain was totally effected.Also they talked to websters son whom said that his dad used duct tape to tape each foot so to keep the bones which were cracked and separated back together.

A good helmet to helmet hit causes 90 to 100 g force which is equal to smashing your skull into a brick wall at 20 mph.The game will one day come to a stop as this dilemma gets worse,what will come of the game in the next 10 years?
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Concussion story on PBS last night Empty Re: Concussion story on PBS last night

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:45 pm

throttleplate wrote:did anyone catch the 2 hour special on head trauma?it was widely known that paul taglibua the commish at the time knew of bad effects from hits to the head and nfl tried to hide it.They did an optopsy of mike websters brain and body and his brain was totally effected.Also they talked to websters son whom said that his dad used duct tape to tape each foot so to keep the bones which were cracked and separated back together.

A good helmet to helmet hit causes 90 to 100 g force which is equal to smashing your skull into a brick wall at 20 mph.The game will one day come to a stop as this dilemma gets worse,what will come of the game in the next 10 years?
I think it was Duck who once pointed out that the game will one day be played by essentially robots.  I agree.  Technology will advance to the point where actual players will remain in the game--but only from a virtual perspective.  Robots will be programmed to accept the exact same moves, speed and actions of the real player doing his thing in a life-like simulator--but it will be the robots making/taking the contact.  No worries though, Throttle.  The cheerleaders and drunken ho's stumbling around after the game will still be real...  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:44 pm

_HD_ wrote:
throttleplate wrote:did anyone catch the 2 hour special on head trauma?it was widely known that paul taglibua the commish at the time knew of bad effects from hits to the head and nfl tried to hide it.They did an optopsy of mike websters brain and body and his brain was totally effected.Also they talked to websters son whom said that his dad used duct tape to tape each foot so to keep the bones which were cracked and separated back together.

I think it was Duck who once pointed out that the game will one day be played by essentially robots.  I agree.  Technology will advance to the point where actual players will remain in the game--but only from a virtual perspective.  Robots will be programmed to accept the exact same moves, speed and actions of the real player doing his thing in a life-like simulator--but it will be the robots making/taking the contact.  No worries though, Throttle.  The cheerleaders and drunken ho's stumbling around after the game will still be real...  Laughing
Yup, the robot concept was mine.  I initially used it to explain why we need to respect the past and specifically the accomplishments of teams and players from previous eras.  100 years from now the game will be radically different and many fans might not appreciate our modern era any more than the leather helmet era before that is frequently disrespected by so many.

In any case, I could easily see the game transitioning first to bionic players and then eventually to robots.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:18 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:I think it was Duck who once pointed out that the game will one day be played by essentially robots.  I agree.  Technology will advance to the point where actual players will remain in the game--but only from a virtual perspective.  Robots will be programmed to accept the exact same moves, speed and actions of the real player doing his thing in a life-like simulator--but it will be the robots making/taking the contact.  No worries though, Throttle.  The cheerleaders and drunken ho's stumbling around after the game will still be real...  Laughing
Yup, ...100 years from now the game will be radically different 
Both wrong. It'll never happen, because as Michelle Bachmann has pointed out we are living in the "End Times". The Rapture will obviously happen before robot football.

Duh.

Basketball
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:I think it was Duck who once pointed out that the game will one day be played by essentially robots.  I agree.  Technology will advance to the point where actual players will remain in the game--but only from a virtual perspective.  Robots will be programmed to accept the exact same moves, speed and actions of the real player doing his thing in a life-like simulator--but it will be the robots making/taking the contact.  No worries though, Throttle.  The cheerleaders and drunken ho's stumbling around after the game will still be real...  Laughing
Yup, ...100 years from now the game will be radically different 
Both wrong. It'll never happen, because as Michelle Bachmann has pointed out we are living in the "End Times". The Rapture will obviously happen before robot football.

Duh.

Basketball
She's a good Iowa girl living in Minnesota. I'd listen to her.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:02 pm

reading about helmet technology they have come to the point where no helmet made of any substance will prevent the brain inside the skull from crashing inside its own skull causing damage,no way no how to stop it.

And the 10 and 12 year olds are more apt to get brain damage cause the brain of a child is so much lighter in weight from not be fully developed that its speed of movement is faster and more violent inside the skull,how many schools in the now and future are gonna cut out tackle football once the first mom and dad drop a huge lawsuit on the school that will bankrupt the city?

What will happen before robots and the end of the world is the players will play the games on an x-box madden type of platform where the 53 man roster will practice while sitting on a couch which means no more athletes needed,people like you and I can tryout for the packers and if we got the x-box moves like no other we make the roster and get paid millions as the sport will still be shown on tv and bet on.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Robots?  Y'all crazy!!  Razz
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:16 am

Yo, throttle, you get PBS living on the beach in the Philippines?  scratch
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Nice pickup JNC,I arrived back in the usa last month back to north Dakota to spend a few months with my widowed dad and his dog and to get a physical and take care of some veterans administration paperwork.Philippines is a tough place to live,just the tv is a bitch even though they do show many usa shows they are usually a season behind,they do show lots of nba and cock fighting.

I want to bring my fiance back to America but the paperwork and and all the shit required to get her here is a nightmare and takes up to a year,so right now what I have been doing since 2009 is I spend 12 months in the phils and then come home for 3 months and then back again.

I was able to watch all last football season from my apartment in the phils as I signed up for nfl gameday for $200.00 and watched on my computer.When the games got ugly I would post on this forumn.

I remember the seattle game,the area I live in the internet went down,i grabbed my computer and ran around town looking for a coffee shop or internet café just to watch the game,well I had no luck as the net was down all over it didn't come on again till the next day,i was able to watch it and we all know how it ended.

With the time difference I watch the games live as a usa time of 12 pm is 1AM monday for me and 4pm is 5 am and sunday night games are 9 am monday morning.This forumn keeps me involved in the packers as most white folks you run into in the phils are from across the pond and they hate nfl football and live and die for soccor and rugby so that leaves me with no one to talk football with other than you guys and gals.One more thing,there are no happy endings here in north Dakota.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:44 pm

throttleplate wrote:One more thing,there are no happy endings here in north Dakota.
Heh.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:42 pm

throttleplate wrote:One more thing,there are no happy endings here in north Dakota.
That's for sure...  What a God-forsaken place.  Every time I go through there I regret not just going back the way I came through South Dakota.  This last time, I promised my daughter I'd bring her out to see the mountains...so we head out for Glacier.  On the way back, we stopped for the night in Bismarck and stopped at this Bar/Grill type place that looked like it could have good pizza...  Fuck--the staff started tripping out from the moment we walked in because she was obviously under the drinking age.  I was like--you're fucking kidding me right?  I'm her father.  We're having dinner.  I don't think you have to worry about her doing much drinking...

We ended up eating dinner at 10pm at a fucking Applebees...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:01 pm

throttleplate wrote:Nice pickup JNC,I arrived back in the usa last month back to north Dakota to spend a few months with my widowed dad and his dog and to get a physical and take care of some veterans administration paperwork.Philippines is a tough place to live,just the tv is a bitch even though they do show many usa shows they are usually a season behind,they do show lots of nba and cock fighting.

I want to bring my fiance back to America but the paperwork and and all the shit required to get her here is a nightmare and takes up to a year,so right now what I have been doing since 2009 is I spend 12 months in the phils and then come home for 3 months and then back again.

I was able to watch all last football season from my apartment in the phils as I signed up for nfl gameday for $200.00 and watched on my computer.When the games got ugly I would post on this forumn.

I remember the seattle game,the area I live in the internet went down,i grabbed my computer and ran around town looking for a coffee shop or internet café just to watch the game,well I had no luck as the net was down all over it didn't come on again till the next day,i was able to watch it and we all know how it ended.

With the time difference I watch the games live as a usa time of 12 pm is 1AM monday for me and 4pm is 5 am and sunday night games are 9 am monday morning.This forumn keeps me involved in the packers as most white folks you run into in the phils are from across the pond and they hate nfl football and live and die for soccor and rugby so that leaves me with no one to talk football with other than you guys and gals.One more thing,there are no happy endings here in north Dakota.
Good luck in getting your fiance to the states.  I hope all the paperwork works out.

Glad you have this forum to keep you in the football loop.   Smile
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:05 pm

_HD_ wrote:
That's for sure...  What a God-forsaken place.  Every time I go through there I regret not just going back the way I came through South Dakota.  This last time, I promised my daughter I'd bring her out to see the mountains...so we head out for Glacier.  On the way back, we stopped for the night in Bismarck and stopped at this Bar/Grill type place that looked like it could have good pizza...  Fuck--the staff started tripping out from the moment we walked in because she was obviously under the drinking age.  I was like--you're fucking kidding me right?  I'm her father.  We're having dinner.  I don't think you have to worry about her doing much drinking...

Oh geez, that's crazy!  Dumbasses!!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:15 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

If I had to live there--I'd want to drown myself in a lake.  The problem is--there fucking aren't any... I mean seriously--have you ever been there?  It's the type of place where the best you can do is--eat shit and hope to die... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:32 pm

_HD_ wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

If I had to live there--I'd want to drown myself in a lake.  The problem is--there fucking aren't any... I mean seriously--have you ever been there?  It's the type of place where the best you can do is--eat shit and hope to die... Laughing

That bad, eh? Damn!  I was only there once when I was a teen.  I really don't remember it. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:31 pm

I grew up here in fargo north Dakota,as soon as I graduated I joined the navy Seabees and told the recruiter I will only sign my contract if you show me the paperwork that shows I will be going to boot camp in Orlando Florida and not Great lakes Michigan which was the other boot camp as I was to be shipped out January 3rd and no fucking way was I going to frozen hell from frozen hell.They did and I went to boot in Orlando and I tell ya in January orlando is not so warm.

If I could get my girl to mexico it would be easier to walk over the border,the usa is just super tough to bring a wife or girlfriend over from asia.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:09 pm

If she's your wife --especially if you marry her while she is visiting the US...AND you both have a verifiable job (paycheck stub)...she is in.

Yes, still a shit ton of bullshit to go through, but you are in.

My nephew just brought his Brazilian wife to live here. Tons of bullshit to go through, but she ain't going anywhere. Paycheck stubs for both of you are key.

This opinion is based of course that you are still a US citizen.

Good luck dude.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:38 pm

JnC4GB wrote:If she's your wife --especially if you marry her while she is visiting the US...AND you both have a verifiable job (paycheck stub)...she is in.

My nephew just brought his Brazilian wife to live here. Tons of bullshit to go through, but she ain't going anywhere. Paycheck stubs for both of you are key.

Good luck dude.
heres the problem,philipinos are not allowed to visit the usa,its impossible for a common philippino woman or man to get a tourist visa to the usa because the immigration officials know they wont come back and just stay in the usa.The only pinos allowed out to usa are the very rich and elite whom have something to come back for.My girl makes $200.00 a month and works 6 days a week,thats the average pay for 99% of the population.

Others allowed to enter but still a major paperwork fuck are kids of parents whom are allready there and back a few years ago the usa brought over nurses and teachers but that has all stopped now.If i am successful in getting her over as my girlfriend it would be on a fiance visa,i have 90 days to marry her when the plane lands in the usa or else she becomes and illegal,if i marry her in the phils she would have to apply for a spousal visa and it actually takes longer by 3 months to get her a spousal visa,if even she would be granted one as the very last step in this nitemare process is to be interviewed by a official at the manila embassy whom has the power to stamp yes or no on your 500 pages of paperwork just because she or he didnt like her personality.

Also just for a pino to go visit other asian countries they are scrutinized if they dont have a certain amount of money on them or have no return ticket to show they are coming back.The phils govt knows these younger adults want out as there is no job future there in the phils and the govt doesnt want to lose them.They will find jobs like maids or caregivers for richer families and that pisses off the phils govt.Its a sad sad state of affairs in the phils,the reason i am there is i am ex military and there is a connection with other vets there and its cheap to rent a house there and its warm,the people are poor but curtious and the woman,the lovely woman whom treat a man very well,especially an american as the pino men are not faithful and cheat and are known as drunkards and they have many girls on the side.The girls trust us americans and yes it helps that we have money and can provide for them and give them a good life with food,shelter,medical care and love.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by PackFanKnowItAll Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:47 pm

throttleplate wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:If she's your wife --especially if you marry her while she is visiting the US...AND you both have a verifiable job (paycheck stub)...she is in.

Good luck dude.
heres the problem,philipinos are not allowed to visit the usa,its impossible for a common philippino woman or man to get a tourist visa to the usa because the immigration officials know they wont come back and just stay in the usa.The only pinos allowed out to usa are the very rich and elite whom have something to come back for.My girl makes $200.00 a month and works 6 days a week,thats the average pay for 99% of the population.

Others allowed to enter but still a major paperwork fuck are kids of parents whom are allready there and back a few years ago the usa brought over nurses and teachers but that has all stopped now.If i am successful in getting her over as my girlfriend it would be on a fiance visa,i have 90 days to marry her when the plane lands in the usa or else she becomes and illegal,if i marry her in the phils she would have to apply for a spousal visa and it actually takes longer by 3 months to get her a spousal visa,if even she would be granted one as the very last step in this nitemare process is to be interviewed by a official at the manila embassy whom has the power to stamp yes or no on your 500 pages of paperwork just because she or he didnt like her personality.

Also just for a pino to go visit other asian countries they are scrutinized if they dont have a certain amount of money on them or have no return ticket to show they are coming back.The phils govt knows these younger adults want out as there is no job future there in the phils and the govt doesnt want to lose them.They will find jobs like maids or caregivers for richer families and that pisses off the phils govt.Its a sad sad state of affairs in the phils,the reason i am there is i am ex military and there is a connection with other vets there and its cheap to rent a house there and its warm,the people are poor but curtious and the woman,the lovely woman whom treat a man very well,especially an american as the pino men are not faithful and cheat and are known as drunkards and they have many girls on the side.The girls trust us americans and yes it helps that we have money and can provide for them and give them a good life with food,shelter,medical care and love.
Plus, you are a PARKER fan!!!  YEAH!!!   I bet you get treated like ROYALTY over there in the Pilifines!!!  YEAH!!!  High five, throttleplate!!  Guys like us, we attract women wherever we go!!  It's AWESOMEAMUNDO!!!  We don't need no regular American women!  No, no, NO!!!  We have to travel halfway around the WORLD to find poor, undesucated women who want to be with and touch us!!  YEAH!!!  We are the BESTEST, most successful, funniest (not duck funny, but still funney enough), and COOLEST guys in the WORLD!!!  YEAH!!!  High five, throttleplate!!!  YEAH!!!!!!
PackFanKnowItAll
PackFanKnowItAll

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:39 pm

best thing about it as an American my penis is so big that the woman bring their girlfriends to my place to see it and touch it as the Asian man like yourself has a penis which is tiny.Before I fell in love with my gf what would usually happen is after a few minutes of them playing with my pipe they would mount me like a Harley and crack the throttle.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:02 am

The Ideal Penis Size chart made especially for PACK FAN KNOW IT ALL

Obviously, penises come in all kind of combinations of length versus girth. This leads us to the final and most important point: where do you fit on the scale of women's preference? What does she think about your penis?
For the vast majority of women a man's penis will fall in one of the following categories (applying the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of small, big etc. for length and girth):

1. ideal (perfect)

2. very satisfying but not ideal

3. satisfying

4. enjoyable

5. not satisfying,also called the PFKI syndrom
    = too small in length and girth, it would be like fucking with your thumb

Penis Size Preference Chart (updated!)
The Penis Size preference Chart is a graph showing virtually all the possible combinations of penis length and penis girth in ¼ inch intervals. For each combination it lists the matching grade of women's preference (A to E), stating its ability to satisfy the average woman.
To use the chart just locate your penis length and circumference (girth) along the axis. Where both meet you will find your penis grade.
You can also view this chart in its [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (using centimeters).
NOTE:
The penis size chart has been updated to incorporate the opinions of the enormous amount of women that have sent comments to this site and to me personally.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Examples (extrapolated from the above chart)

• At 5½ inches long by 7 inches around you will be enjoyable (too short but very thick) = D.

• At 8 inches long by 5 inches around you are again enjoyable but not satisfying (big in length but on the small side for girth) = D.

• At 7½ inches long by 6 inches around you are very satisfying but not ideal (big in length but just over average in girth) = B.

• At 6 long by 5½ around you are on the borderline of being enjoyable and satisfying. Many girls might not be satisfied. It is a borderline C.

• At 5 inches long by 4½ around you are classified E: not satisfying

.At 3 inches long and 2 around PFKI has no chance,even in a monkey orphanage

• At 11½ inches long by 9 around you will get an E from most women for being simply oversized!

Note: Let it be clear that the majority of men will fall in the lower-left D and C brackets. Grade-A penises are probably occurring in less than 10% of men.
Never lose out of sight that having an ideal penis alone is not what most women will look for. The vast majority will prefer a nice decent looking man with a grade B or C penis (and some cash!) above a bum with a grade A penis.
But let's say someone has a borderline C graded penis as in the example above. Chances are the average girl is ok with this. She might even tell him that his penis is perfect. After all, there are many men with smaller penises than that, in length as well as in girth. But if she could choose between him and an exact clone of his (same character etc.) except with a grade B penis as in the above example, who do you really think she will choose? Deep in her heart, no normal girl will choose for the smaller guy. More about this later on as this could be PFKIs problem picking up women of any nationality. What a Face affraid Shocked

Last edited by throttleplate on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:06 am

throttleplate wrote:best thing about it as an American my penis is so big that the woman bring their girlfriends to my place to see it and touch it as the Asian man like yourself has a penis which is tiny.Before I fell in love with my gf what would usually happen is after a few minutes of them playing with my pipe they would mount me like a Harley and crack the throttle.
Well, I mean you once did say the unit is 10 cm long.  I was curious,  so I looked up the average.  The Masters and Johnson study revealed that the erect average for a whitey is 4.25"...for an african american 1/2 inch more, for an Asian 1/2 inch less and for PFKIA 3" less.  10cm = 3.93"...so it's true--you are massive compared with many of the Philip's running on the south side of the tracks...  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:16 am

_HD_ wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

About 10 years ago I had the honor of spending 2 nights in Minot Why Not.    There was absolutely NOTHING to do there........worsest <ggggggggg> place I have visited in the USA so far (with Reno and Columbus close behind).
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:42 pm

_HD_ wrote:
throttleplate wrote:best thing about it as an American my penis is so big that the woman bring their girlfriends to my place to see it and touch it as the Asian man like yourself has a penis which is tiny.Before I fell in love with my gf what would usually happen is after a few minutes of them playing with my pipe they would mount me like a Harley and crack the throttle.
Well, I mean you once did say the unit is 10 cm long.  I was curious,  so I looked up the average.  The Masters and Johnson study revealed that the erect average for a whitey is 4.25"...for an african american 1/2 inch more, for an Asian 1/2 inch less and for PFKIA 3" less.  10cm = 3.93"...so it's true--you are massive compared with many of the Philip's running on the south side of the tracks...  Wink
lol! lol! lol! LMFAOOL OL OL OL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:40 pm

SHIELA?????
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick