Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This makes Thor thoooo thor....

+2
ILvLamp
duck
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This makes Thor thoooo thor.... Empty This makes Thor thoooo thor....

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Damn, huh Thor?   It could be a press plant leveraging a friendship just to quell the rumors...but you may just need to find yourself a new fantasy top, little hammerboy... Laughing 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

This makes Thor thoooo thor.... Empty Re: This makes Thor thoooo thor....

Post by duck Wed May 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Like you say HD, this doesn't really mean anything. All it does it calm the waters... but that's a good thing. The Packers don't need a media circus like the one that will be in St. Louis all year.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ILvLamp Wed May 14, 2014 7:05 pm

_HD_ wrote:Damn, huh Thor?   It could be a press plant leveraging a friendship just to quell the rumors...but you may just need to find yourself a new fantasy top, little hammerboy... Laughing 

Welllll, this doesn't surprise me...I'm just wondering who planted it--the Packer organization or Rodgers. Someone is getting a bit anxious about that Michael Sam coverage. Perhaps Kevin's hush money is running out?  I love you  

ILvLamp
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 7:38 pm

_HD_ wrote:Damn, huh Thor?   It could be a press plant leveraging a friendship just to quell the rumors...but you may just need to find yourself a new fantasy top, little hammerboy... Laughing 

Dumbass.....ala Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley......it's all been done before. Staging is a built in PR tool for celebrities,,,,of course someone of your 'elevated' social status should have discovered this at some point, hmmm HD??

...oh and don't worry, I would never infringe upon your home field advantage with
A-Rod you have in that 'top' department. I am way too busy with my lady friends helping me by spit shining my BIG HAMMER....

Thor

Last edited by Thor11 on Wed May 14, 2014 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed May 14, 2014 7:47 pm

This is the kind of stuff we don't want to get caught up in. I support gay rights and yadda yadda yadda. There are undoubtedly dozens of other gay players in the NFL who don't have Sam's courage to come out. However the media is going to slobber all over this story all year long and that distraction is NOT going to be a positive for the St. Louis Rams football program.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 7:59 pm

duck wrote:This is the kind of stuff we don't want to get caught up in.  I support gay rights and yadda yadda yadda.  There are undoubtedly dozens of other gay players in the NFL who don't have Sam's courage to come out.  However the media is going to slobber all over this story all year long and that distraction is NOT going to be a positive for the St. Louis Rams football program.

Well stated Duck and I agree. Nothing like a media circus to grind the gears of the good running machine. I know how crazy things got in Minny w/Favre here in '09. Luckily his great year helped neutralize the potentially ill effects. But all in all, not something you want in your backyard.

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 8:36 pm

duck wrote:This is the kind of stuff we don't want to get caught up in.  I support gay rights and yadda yadda yadda.  There are undoubtedly dozens of other gay players in the NFL who don't have Sam's courage to come out.  However the media is going to slobber all over this story all year long and that distraction is NOT going to be a positive for the St. Louis Rams football program.

Courage to come out?  I hear that said all the time.  I don't think it's courageous necessarily.  More likely--WEAK.  Consider this:  Already Sam has come out making the thinly-veiled suggestion that a number of teams passed on him in the draft simply because he is gay.  That really he would have been drafted higher if not for his divulging his sexual orientation.  You see what a carnival-fuck this guy is going to be, right?  Anything negative that happens to him forevermore will be rationalized by himself and the butt-hurt liberal crowd as being a by-product of his homosexuality.  That means if he gets benched, traded, released--anything--the next thing you know, you've got another Chris Kluwe on your hands working feverishly to make it all your fault and himself into the victim of his own choices in agenda, in this case-- sexual orientation...  Does that sound courageous to you?

It was all set up the minute this dude came out.  He knows the reality is that there are still many out there who will discriminate against him for being gay.  He further knows that revealing himself as gay will propagate that discrimination--so why did he do it?  So he could reflect indignant disgust when it happens?  It's because somewhere inside he wants to be the victim.  He wants to be the martyr.  He wants somebody/something external to blame.  Does that meet your definition of strong or courageous?  

So--who does he really have to blame?  You make your choices and you live with the consequences...it doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, black, white, pink, purple or green...  Well...purple...   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  I'll have to get back to you on that one.  That could be a legit disability...   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

I can tell you already that Fisher will regret drafting this guy...

I wouldn't have drafted this dude in a million years...  Not because he's gay--I literally couldn't give a fuck...but because of everything that goes along with it... His sexual orientation is irrelevant.   It never would have been an issue and it should never have been made an issue.  Since he readily chose to make it one--this dude has no one but himself to blame for what it brings about...

Last edited by _HD_ on Wed May 14, 2014 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 9:02 pm

Thor11 wrote:

Dumbass.....ala Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley......it's all been done before. Staging is a built in PR tool for celebrities,,,,of course someone of your 'elevated' social status should have discovered this at some point, hmmm HD??

...oh and don't worry, I would never infringe upon your home field advantage with
A-Rod you have in that 'top' department. I am way too busy with my lady friends helping me by spit shining my BIG HAMMER....

Thor
Oh?!  I think I understand, Thor!  You mean it's like a completely contrived thing to mislead the public away from the truth--which is exactly the opposite!  Almost like a prop of falsehood...  I totally get it!  Thanks Thor.  Now I understand why you carry that big hammer and talk about how big it is all the time.  It's all STAGING to lead one away from discovering the truth--which, if I follow correctly, means you actually have a tiny little hammer you're trying to cover!  Thanks Thor!  I get you now, little peckerwood!   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Wed May 14, 2014 9:39 pm

what the hell does arod want with that old trash bag,fake tits and all?
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 10:14 pm

throttleplate wrote:what the hell does arod want with that old trash bag,fake tits and all?

Maybe they like each other?  Besides, 34 isn't old, eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 10:45 pm

_HD_ wrote:
Thor11 wrote:

Thor
Oh?!  I think I understand, Thor!  You mean it's like a completely contrived thing to mislead the public away from the truth--which is exactly the opposite!  Almost like a prop of falsehood...  I totally get it!  Thanks Thor.  Now I understand why you carry that big hammer and talk about how big it is all the time.  It's all STAGING to lead one away from discovering the truth--which, if I follow correctly, means you actually have a tiny little hammer you're trying to cover!  Thanks Thor!  I get you now, little peckerwood!   Laughing 
I think you missed the point,,, (nothing new)....the red underline was directed at you...did I over complicate something here?...and btw, I'm not worried about your jealous insults about my hammer,,,can't help it if you can't deal with the truth. Go buy some smut and dream...as usual.

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu May 15, 2014 12:41 am

_HD_ wrote:

Courage to come out?  I hear that said all the time.  I don't think it's courageous necessarily.  More likely--WEAK.  Consider this:  Already Sam has come out making the thinly-veiled suggestion that a number of teams passed on him in the draft simply because he is gay.  That really he would have been drafted higher if not for his divulging his sexual orientation.  You see what a carnival-fuck this guy is going to be, right?  Anything negative that happens to him forevermore will be rationalized by himself and the butt-hurt liberal crowd as being a by-product of his homosexuality.  That means if he gets benched, traded, released--anything--the next thing you know, you've got another Chris Kluwe on your hands working feverishly to make it all your fault and himself into the victim of his own choices in agenda, in this case-- sexual orientation...  Does that sound courageous to you?

It was all set up the minute this dude came out.  He knows the reality is that there are still many out there who will discriminate against him for being gay.  He further knows that revealing himself as gay will propagate that discrimination--so why did he do it?  So he could reflect indignant disgust when it happens?  It's because somewhere inside he wants to be the victim.  He wants to be the martyr.  He wants somebody/something external to blame.  Does that meet your definition of strong or courageous?  

So--who does he really have to blame?  You make your choices and you live with the consequences...it doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, black, white, pink, purple or green...  Well...purple...   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  I'll have to get back to you on that one.  That could be a legit disability...   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

I wouldn't have drafted this dude in a million years...  Not because he's gay--I literally couldn't give a fuck...but because of everything that goes along with it... His sexual orientation is irrelevant.   It never would have been an issue and it should never have been made an issue.  Since he readily chose to make it one--this dude has no one but himself to blame for what it brings about...

Jeez HD, I don't think you're grasping the enormity of this event. Sam came out as a gay man in a jock culture that is decidedly homophobic and clearly decades behind the rest of American society. No player has done that before. You think that's... WEAK??

It's hard to tell how this is going to play out. It's uncharted territory.

You suggest that he's setting things up so he can feed a martyr complex but I think that's an incredibly jaundiced spin. To the contrary, I get the feeling that he's going to work extra hard at his craft to become as good of a football player as he can be.

The man was indeed drafted into the NFL and has become a media darling but he still has many obstacles before him. It wouldn't surprise me if he became the target of cheap shots on the field and subtle -- or even overt -- ostracism from other players, including his own teammates. I don't think Sam is going to have an easy path.

Mind you, I'm glad St. Louis drafted him and not Green Bay. Although I support the long term cause, I wouldn't want my team to endure the media circus pioneering it.

But I guess I have a lot more respect for the man than you do.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu May 15, 2014 12:42 am

_HD_ wrote:
throttleplate wrote:what the hell does arod want with that old trash bag,fake tits and all?

34 isn't old? Ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!!!!!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu May 15, 2014 1:31 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

34 isn't old? Ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!!!!!

at 34 she has already hit the fuckin wall,major face plant and her ex mostly reamed the crap out of her every hole.I am willing to bet her bung hole is just slightly tighter than her front door.Fuck I am 53 and my wife is 31,arod needs to come to the Philippines and hook up.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu May 15, 2014 1:35 am

sam isn't gonna make the team but will make tons of money by starting a gay league and probably play in the lingerie league where the guys can wear the same shit as the chicks,maybe even share panties.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 1:51 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Jeez HD, I don't think you're grasping the enormity of this event.  Sam came out as a gay man in a jock culture that is decidedly homophobic and clearly decades behind the rest of American society.  No player has done that before.  You think that's... WEAK??

It's hard to tell how this is going to play out.  It's uncharted territory.

You suggest that he's setting things up so he can feed a martyr complex but I think that's an incredibly jaundiced spin.  To the contrary, I get the feeling that he's going to work extra hard at his craft to become as good of a football player as he can be.

The man was indeed drafted into the NFL and has become a media darling but he still has many obstacles before him.  It wouldn't surprise me if he became the target of cheap shots on the field and subtle -- or even overt -- ostracism from other players, including his own teammates.  I don't think Sam is going to have an easy path.

Mind you, I'm glad St. Louis drafted him and not Green Bay.  Although I support the long term cause, I wouldn't want my team to endure the media circus pioneering it.

I understand your position, Duck...and I would have greater buy-in to that position had Sam been a more highly-touted prospect who was actually potentially sacrificing something through coming out.  In this case with Sam--many considered him a marginally-draftable, borderline prospect and indeed was selected in the 7th round by the Rams with the 249th pick.  For some reason with him--based on his comments, it strikes me that his revelation of sexual-orientation was set up to be leveraged more as an excuse for his likely impending failure (when you consider the likelihood of a 7th round talent even making a team--let alone anything more) and for career prospects in leveraging post-release celebrity and the hyped *courage* surrounding his revelation--than having anything to do with real courage...  Real courage requires risk and sacrifice--and how many 7th rounders have anything to lose?  You're right--I'm not impressed...

Last edited by _HD_ on Thu May 15, 2014 2:24 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 2:10 am

throttleplate wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

34 isn't old?  Ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!!!!!

at 34 she has already hit the fuckin wall,major face plant and her ex mostly reamed the crap out of her every hole.I am willing to bet her bung hole is just slightly tighter than her front door.Fuck I am 53 and my wife is 31,arod needs to come to the Philippines and hook up.

That's some good shit there, Throttle.  I see that relationship intimacy/sensitivity training you took in the church basement has served you well...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu May 15, 2014 10:06 am

"Courage? I don't think it's courageous necessarily.  More likely--WEAK. You see what a carnival-fuck this girl is going to be, right?  Anything negative that happens to her forevermore will be rationalized by herself and the butt-hurt liberal crowd as being a by-product of her race.  That means if she fails anything--the next thing you know, you've got another Robert F. Kennedy on your hands working feverishly to make it all our fault and her into the victim of her own choices in agenda, in this case-- race...  Does that sound courageous to you?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu May 15, 2014 11:08 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Jeez HD, I don't think you're grasping the enormity of this event.  Sam came out as a gay man in a jock culture that is decidedly homophobic and clearly decades behind the rest of American society.  No player has done that before.  You think that's... WEAK??

You suggest that he's setting things up so he can feed a martyr complex but I think that's an incredibly jaundiced spin.  To the contrary, I get the feeling that he's going to work extra hard at his craft to become as good of a football player as he can be.

The man was indeed drafted into the NFL and has become a media darling but he still has many obstacles before him.  It wouldn't surprise me if he became the target of cheap shots on the field and subtle -- or even overt -- ostracism from other players, including his own teammates.  I don't think Sam is going to have an easy path.

Mind you, I'm glad St. Louis drafted him and not Green Bay.  Although I support the long term cause, I wouldn't want my team to endure the media circus pioneering it.

I understand your position, Duck...and I would have greater buy-in to that position had Sam been a more highly-touted prospect who was actually potentially sacrificing something through coming out.  In this case with Sam--many considered him a marginally-draftable, borderline prospect and indeed was selected in the 7th round by the Rams with the 249th pick.  For some reason with him--based on his comments, it strikes me that his revelation of sexual-orientation was set up to be leveraged more as an excuse for his likely impending failure (when you consider the likelihood of a 7th round talent even making a team--let alone anything more) and for career prospects in leveraging post-release celebrity and the hyped *courage* surrounding his revelation--than having anything to do with real courage...  Real courage requires risk and sacrifice--and how many 7th rounders have anything to lose?  You're right--I'm not impressed...

So his lower spot in the draft order diminishes the impact of this historical event?? I don't see it that way. First round, fourth round or seventh round, the first openly gay player is going to have to deal with a lot of shit. As I mentioned before, possible cheap shots on the field... ostracization... and of course the media circus.

Furthermore, my understanding is that Sam was "supposed" to be a much higher round pick. He dropped to the seventh round because he was a hot potato. Most teams weren't willing to deal with the baggage that is sure to follow him. If he had been drafted in, say, the third or fourth round, as many draft experts projected, would your assessment of his "courage" have changed?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu May 15, 2014 11:11 am

Thor11 wrote:

Well stated Duck and I agree. Nothing like a media circus to grind the gears of the good running machine. I know how crazy things got in Minny w/Favre here in '09. Luckily his great year helped neutralize the potentially ill effects. But all in all, not something you want in your backyard.

Thor

It's funny you should mention Favre, Thor.

I get the feeling Sam is out to break Favre's record for crying in front of the camera.  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu May 15, 2014 11:14 am

throttleplate wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Hey Throttle, have you ever considered a career as an advice columnist, like Dear Abby?  I think you've got a gift here.   Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 11:51 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

So his lower spot in the draft order diminishes the impact of this historical event??  I don't see it that way.  First round, fourth round or seventh round, the first openly gay player is going to have to deal with a lot of shit.  As I mentioned before, possible cheap shots on the field... ostracization... and of course the media circus.

Furthermore, my understanding is that Sam was "supposed" to be a much higher round pick.  He dropped to the seventh round because he was a hot potato.  Most teams weren't willing to deal with the baggage that is sure to follow him.  If he had been drafted in, say, the third or fourth round, as many draft experts projected, would your assessment of his "courage" have changed?

He was generally projected to go in the third or fourth round?  Not that I recall.  Hold on--I'll look that up...   Wink 

Okay--here we go...  This looks like a fair/balanced piece on exactly what we are discussing...and it does reference that his draft stock had fallen as the draft approached which would be easy to blame on his declaration...but it also points out he had what was considered a marginal combine that also likely took him down the board...

Finally--Yes, my assessment of his courage would change, and possibly has, if he were indeed a higher-touted prospect with something to lose in coming out.  By definition courage requires fear--there is no courage short of taking action in the face of fear or loss.  A 7th rounder has nothing to lose by coming out--therefore, I struggle with how that's courageous.  A 4th rounder, however?  Someone actually with likelihood of being around to face the ramifications and overcome the obstacles of their decision to come out?  Yes--that much more defines courage to me...  I appreciate your thoughts, Duck.  Time will tell what his ultimate motivations were in coming out...and whether there was anything noble there behind it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 12:17 pm

JnC4GB wrote:"Courage? I don't think it's courageous necessarily.  More likely--WEAK. You see what a carnival-fuck this girl is going to be, right?  Anything negative that happens to her forevermore will be rationalized by herself and the butt-hurt liberal crowd as being a by-product of her race.  That means if she fails anything--the next thing you know, you've got another Robert F. Kennedy on your hands working feverishly to make it all our fault and her into the victim of her own choices in agenda, in this case-- race...  Does that sound courageous to you?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You missed my point, JnC--and they surround the underlying motives of Sam in coming out.  Some comments he made reeked in a way of one prone to exploiting their sexuality into possible personal gain or providing excuse for failure and possibly both.  Already yesterday the guy has signed on to be the new Oprah starlet.  Look at me and how courageous I am--I'm going to document it all and sell it back to you so you, too, can see how courageous I am...  Is there nobility in that?

Like I suggested to Duck--time will tell on this guy...but I'm sceptical that this isn't just another savvy/calculated Tebow job--leveraging the visability of the NFL into marketing yet another marginal NFL talent into something they can sell to the masses outside of football... 

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu May 15, 2014 12:39 pm

You're skeptical? Gee, thanks, Captain Obvious for that piece of information.

Dude, it's called "the benefit of the doubt." Try it sometime. you might like it. 

Furthermore, the dude was the first to stick his neck out. If he has a "play to win" mentality about it, more power to him. 

He acts like an asshole I'll be right there to tear him down. Until then....
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 1:00 pm

duck wrote:
throttleplate wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Hey Throttle, have you ever considered a career as an advice columnist, like Dear Abby?  I think you've got a gift here.   Very Happy

Dear Throttle,

My name is Gus and I've been dating this wonderful, beautiful, loving and sexy woman named Katie for the past two years.  She's my dream woman, and we're deeply in love.  I never knew life could be so fulfilling, purposeful and magical since meeting her.  The one thing, though--and the reason I'm writing you today, is I need your advice when it comes to sex.  We haven't yet had it.  Sure, we play around a little and the passion there is hard to describe when we do--but she has resisted anything more...saying that it must wait until marriage.  What can I do?  I'm so wanting to communicate with her on that level.  Thank you, Throttle.  I know you won't lead me astray.

Throttle says:

What the FUCK?!!!  You've gotta be shittin' me in a pile right down your pants leg?!  TWO FUCKIN' YEARS?!!  and you're madly in love without even bangin' the bitch??  Do you even know if this slut has a pussy, pal?  What the fuck is wrong with you?  Listen--get the little twat on the phone and tell her to bring her ass on over pronto--cuz it's high time to put the stretch-monster on that bung-hole.  Give her ten fuckin' minutes to make it across town and if she's 15 seconds late--BOOT the bitch out the door and bring the next one in!  Fuck--you know I read some crazy fuckin' shit in these letters, but here we've got some prick who's allowed some little bitch to blue-ball him so bad, those fuckers have turned BLACK!!!  10 minutes in the Philippines and you'll forget all about that little worthless yank job.  Sincerely,  Throttle.       Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next