Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's welcome Thor ?.........That's what I think !

4 posters

Go down

Let's welcome Thor ?.........That's what I think ! Empty Let's welcome Thor ?.........That's what I think !

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's what I think !!

Back to top Go down

Let's welcome Thor ?.........That's what I think ! Empty Re: Let's welcome Thor ?.........That's what I think !

Post by CatalinaMinx Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Otto2012 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's what I think !!

If you don't want to be a part of the solution don't be a part of the problem. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Let's welcome Thor ?.........That's what I think ! Empty Re: Let's welcome Thor ?.........That's what I think !

Post by duck Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:05 am

That's what I think !!

Otto, let me put a perspective on my take on Thor.  I'm hardly his best buddy.  I've given him way more shit than most... so much shit, in fact, that it probably bubbles up through his nose like a root beer float.  We have completely different perspectives on just about everything and I have no reason whatsoever to champion his cause.

However, I think it's important to be consistent and fair to friends and foes alike.  Heck, I even complimented Mini for his good writing and still feed the Shermanites a bone when they make a valid point.  

There was something about Thor's banishment that just didn't seem right.

I'm all about creating new asshats for idiot posters to wear.  Some might even accuse me of being a cyber bully.  However I prefer to do this when there is a good reason to do so.  If not, both the fun and credibility are gone.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:49 am

I was always under the impression that these boards were for discussion of certain topics of mutual interest.  In this case professional football where fans of certain teams could discuss and exchange ideas. Needless to say that on some occasions there might be some disagreements. That's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However it is very sad to see constructive discussion degrade into an exchange of personal insults. It often times degrades ino a full fledged battle of insults and personal slanders which strays far from the intended purpose of this board. In this case maybe someone should start a board solely for people who like to insult and slander each other. I believe the Administrator did the correct thing by removing the instigator in this situation. There was peace and tranquility.
Now as you can see the cat fights are starting again.

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:13 am

duck wrote:

That's what I think !!

Otto, let me put a perspective on my take on Thor.  I'm hardly his best buddy.  I've given him way more shit than most... so much shit, in fact, that it probably bubbles up through his nose like a root beer float.  We have completely different perspectives on just about everything and I have no reason whatsoever to champion his cause.

However, I think it's important to be consistent and fair to friends and foes alike.  Heck, I even complimented Mini for his good writing and still feed the Shermanites a bone when they make a valid point.  

There was something about Thor's banishment that just didn't seem right.

I'm all about creating new asshats for idiot posters to wear.  Some might even accuse me of being a cyber bully.  However I prefer to do this when there is a good reason to do so.  If not, both the fun and credibility are gone.

I didn't miss that asshole, personally

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:51 am

Otto2012 wrote:I was always under the impression that these boards were for discussion of certain topics of mutual interest.  In this case professional football where fans of certain teams could discuss and exchange ideas. Needless to say that on some occasions there might be some disagreements. That's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However it is very sad to see constructive discussion degrade into an exchange of personal insults. It often times degrades ino a full fledged battle of insults and personal slanders which strays far from the intended purpose of this board. In this case maybe someone should start a board solely for people who like to insult and slander each other. I believe the Administrator did the correct thing by removing the instigator in this situation. There was peace and tranquility.

There will always be disagreements and fighting and one of the nice things about our Admin is that he has a nice little thread devoted for just that. How cool is that?   Very Happy 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Otto2012 wrote:I was always under the impression that these boards were for discussion of certain topics of mutual interest.  In this case professional football where fans of certain teams could discuss and exchange ideas. Needless to say that on some occasions there might be some disagreements. That's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However it is very sad to see constructive discussion degrade into an exchange of personal insults. It often times degrades ino a full fledged battle of insults and personal slanders which strays far from the intended purpose of this board. In this case maybe someone should start a board solely for people who like to insult and slander each other. I believe the Administrator did the correct thing by removing the instigator in this situation. There was peace and tranquility.

Frankly, I have no problem with the exchange of personal insults, if they are administered creatively.  That's one of the aspects of the boards that I actually enjoy!  Very Happy 

It goes back and forth and if you can't handle the heat, get the hell out of Dodge.

A switch flips for me, however, if one combatant cannot rise to the challenge verbally and/or creatively and he resorts too bringing someone's real live personal life into the mix.  That's chicken shit.  Someone can attack my online facade of "Duck" all they want, but when they start interjecting information about the life of Jim (my real name), that's not only chicken shit, it's potentially dangerous.  There are a lot of kooky unbalanced people out there.

I presume your name is Otto but how would you feel if an adversary began posting your address, job, the name of your wife and kids, etc.?  I think you would then get my point.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:29 pm

duck wrote:

Frankly, I have no problem with the exchange of personal insults, if they are administered creatively.  That's one of the aspects of the boards that I actually enjoy!  Very Happy 

It goes back and forth and if you can't handle the heat, get the hell out of Dodge.

A switch flips for me, however, if one combatant cannot rise to the challenge verbally and/or creatively and he resorts too bringing someone's real live personal life into the mix.  That's chicken shit.  Someone can attack my online facade of "Duck" all they want, but when they start interjecting information about the life of Jim (my real name), that's not only chicken shit, it's potentially dangerous.  There are a lot of kooky unbalanced people out there.

I presume your name is Otto but how would you feel if an adversary began posting your address, job, the name of your wife and kids, etc.?  I think you would then get my point.

I very much agree!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Yes, that has happened to me as well by someone on this very board but at some point you have to rise about it and try to move on. I have but she can't. Not my problem.   ::shrug::
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down