Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's welcome Thor

+6
Admin
~Sheila~
LRJets
CatalinaMinx
milani
duck
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Let's welcome Thor Empty Let's welcome Thor

Post by duck Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Okay people, I just had a private dialog with Thor and heard his story about his recent banishment and reinstatement to the boards.  Assuming it's all on the up-and-up -- and I believe him -- I think we should cancel the crucifixion.

When it came out that Thor was kicked off the boards for ratting on other posters I was shocked.  I even spoke out on his behalf.  It didn't fit his personality profile at all.  My take on him all along was that, while he took a great deal of abuse from many of us, he dished it back as well.  Someone that scrappy and directly confrontational isn't a likely candidate to be sneaky and underhanded.  Most perplexing, I thought at the time, was why would Thor suddenly turn weasel on us after years of much more heated dialog in two different forums?  At the time Thor was booted there was hardly any Packer-Viking conversation; it was mostly about the Niners then.  It made no sense.

According to Thor, what incited him was that some poster had discovered information about his real life personal identity and started leaking it on the board.  I agree that's crossing the line.  A while back, you may remember that Mini was pulling the same shit on me, dropping my real name, occupation, and neighborhood into his posts (even if he did get a few details wrong).  It's a creepy feeling to see than an unknown online presence has done so much cyber-research on you.  It wasn't until I opened up myself in a post and said "Yes, my real name is Jim and I do this and live here, etc. etc.," that Mini finally backed off.  HD was wise to similarly deflect Mini's creepy shit towards him much much earlier.

Anyway, Thor says he was busted for complaining about this person -- and, again, I believe him.  More to the point, I sympathize with him.  We all need some perspective on the boards.  I think it's great that we can have peppery debates, call each other names, and mock each other in sadistic ways.  No holds barred.  I love it.  But when you start bringing in information about our real lives, that's bullshit.

This is not meant as a knock on Foghorn.  I love the way he runs his board.  He doesn't permit whining and just lets us be.  Perhaps Thor was a bit whiny in his complaints and rubbed Foghorn the wrong way.  Or perhaps there are some pieces missing in Thor's story that Foghorn knows about.  That could put a new spin on things.

However, at this point, I'm saying that, based upon what I've heard from Thor, and based upon my prior experiences with Mini, I say we remove the "rat" tag from Thor and welcome him back.

And then let the real fun begin.  Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Let's welcome Thor Empty Re: Let's welcome Thor

Post by milani Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:37 pm

duck wrote:Okay people, I just had a private dialog with Thor and heard his story about his recent banishment and reinstatement to the boards.  Assuming it's all on the up-and-up -- and I believe him -- I think we should cancel the crucifixion.

When it came out that Thor was kicked off the boards for ratting on other posters I was shocked.  I even spoke out on his behalf.  It didn't fit his personality profile at all.  My take on him all along was that, while he took a great deal of abuse from many of us, he dished it back as well.  Someone that scrappy and directly confrontational isn't a likely candidate to be sneaky and underhanded.  Most perplexing, I thought at the time, was why would Thor suddenly turn weasel on us after years of much more heated dialog in two different forums?  At the time Thor was booted there was hardly any Packer-Viking conversation; it was mostly about the Niners then.  It made no sense.

According to Thor, what incited him was that some poster had discovered information about his real life personal identity and started leaking it on the board.  I agree that's crossing the line.  A while back, you may remember that Mini was pulling the same shit on me, dropping my real name, occupation, and neighborhood into his posts (even if he did get a few details wrong).  It's a creepy feeling to see than an unknown online presence has done so much cyber-research on you.  It wasn't until I opened up myself in a post and said "Yes, my real name is Jim and I do this and live here, etc. etc.," that Mini finally backed off.  HD was wise to similarly deflect Mini's creepy shit towards him much much earlier.

Anyway, Thor says he was busted for complaining about this person -- and, again, I believe him.  More to the point, I sympathize with him.  We all need some perspective on the boards.  I think it's great that we can have peppery debates, call each other names, and mock each other in sadistic ways.  No holds barred.  I love it.  But when you start bringing in information about our real lives, that's bullshit.

This is not meant as a knock on Foghorn.  I love the way he runs his board.  He doesn't permit whining and just lets us be.  Perhaps Thor was a bit whiny in his complaints and rubbed Foghorn the wrong way.  Or perhaps there are some pieces missing in Thor's story that Foghorn knows about.  That could put a new spin on things.

However, at this point, I'm saying that, based upon what I've heard from Thor, and based upon my prior experiences with Mini, I say we remove the "rat" tag from Thor and welcome him back.

Aye Aye, Captain!
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Let's welcome Thor Empty You start arguments

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:36 pm

" It is my opinion you are a whiny little baby. You start
arguments then run and complain."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:55 pm

duck wrote:Okay people, I just had a private dialog with Thor and heard his story about his recent banishment and reinstatement to the boards.  Assuming it's all on the up-and-up -- and I believe him -- I think we should cancel the crucifixion.

Great! Group hug for everyone!   Very Happy
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:22 am

What are points ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:52 am

Welcome Thor!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:55 am

Otto2012 wrote:" It is my opinion you are a whiny little baby. You start
arguments then run and complain."

Admin

I know a few people like that too.  Laughing
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Otto2012 wrote:What are points ?

Yeah, WTF are these points?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:46 pm

duck wrote:
Otto2012 wrote:What are points ?

Yeah, WTF are these points?

I'd like to know too.
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:37 pm

That's all dicked and dandy, Duck.  The problem is--we were there at the time.  I don't recall anyone revealing anything personal about Thor.  Do you?  Furthermore, you seem to be completely forgetting Thor's reaction to Foghorn's warning just before he was banished.  It was textbook *denial profiles of the unsophisticated guilty party*  If he truly hadn't been turning us in--then why did his subsequent behavior confirm he had?  Again--you were there.  You must remember it as well as the rest of us... 

I hate to say it, Duck...but these are low-level manipulations you appear to be responding to here.  One of your best qualities is that you are fundamentally trusting.  That's a huge credit to you.  However--you need to be wary when only stroked with a couple of *Duck is the only fair, honest and level-headed poster*'s later--and presto--Thor's got you sippin' from the yummy tapioca phosphate he just jerked up for you from behind the soda counter, eh--at the expense of all the other evidence you knew in real-time to be true?

Foghorn could make easy work of clearing up this issue by answering one simple question:  Were Thor's repeated abuse forms sent in all specific to a single poster and were his complaints related to that poster's release of private, personal information about him or was he sending in abuse forms randomly for more than one poster whenever he started feeling like the bitch in an argument and was he whining about various things?

Finally...what does this suggest to you as being the reason he was banned?  Seems clear to me that he was being banned because of his repeated complaints of tactics being used against him in arguments he was engaged in on the board that often HE STARTED.  He couldn't compete--so he had to resort to crying to Mommy to win his battles.

To whomever the chicken sheet baby is that keeps sending in abuse
forms.... I know who you are and the next one.. I'll delete your
account. It is my opinion you are a whiny little baby. You start
arguments then run and complain.
you will NOT get any other warning from
me. To the rest of the folks here... be advised , the actions of this
person has put your posts and replies under the microscope of the forum
owners... This is not something the board creator nor admin has brought
on.

It seems clear to me, Duck--that you swallowed yourself a full sheet of, hot, fresh, Thor brownies...  Don't forget to use the mint floss...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:35 am

_HD_ wrote:

That's all dicked and dandy, Duck.  The problem is--we were there at the time.  I don't recall anyone revealing anything personal about Thor.  Do you?  Furthermore, you seem to be completely forgetting Thor's reaction to Foghorn's warning just before he was banished.  It was textbook *denial profiles of the unsophisticated guilty party*  If he truly hadn't been turning us in--then why did his subsequent behavior confirm he had?  Again--you were there.  You must remember it as well as the rest of us... 

I hate to say it, Duck...but these are low-level manipulations you appear to be responding to here.  One of your best qualities is that you are fundamentally trusting.  That's a huge credit to you.  However--you need to be wary when only stroked with a couple of *Duck is the only fair, honest and level-headed poster*'s later--and presto--Thor's got you sippin' from the yummy tapioca phosphate he just jerked up for you from behind the soda counter, eh--at the expense of all the other evidence you knew in real-time to be true?

Foghorn could make easy work of clearing up this issue by answering one simple question:  Were Thor's repeated abuse forms sent in all specific to a single poster and were his complaints related to that poster's release of private, personal information about him or was he sending in abuse forms randomly for more than one poster whenever he started feeling like the bitch in an argument and was he whining about various things?

Finally...what does this suggest to you as being the reason he was banned?  Seems clear to me that he was being banned because of his repeated complaints of tactics being used against him in arguments he was engaged in on the board that often HE STARTED.  He couldn't compete--so he had to resort to crying to Mommy to win his battles.

To whomever the chicken sheet baby is that keeps sending in abuse
forms.... I know who you are and the next one.. I'll delete your
account. It is my opinion you are a whiny little baby. You start
arguments then run and complain.
you will NOT get any other warning from
me. To the rest of the folks here... be advised , the actions of this
person has put your posts and replies under the microscope of the forum
owners... This is not something the board creator nor admin has brought
on.

It seems clear to me, Duck--that you swallowed yourself a full sheet of, hot, fresh, Thor brownies...  Don't forget to use the mint floss...  Laughing 

---> I don't recall anyone revealing anything personal about Thor.  Do you?

Probably no one noticed at the time (I didn't), but I now know the poster in question, and I know Thor's real name, etc.  I went back and reviewed the ENTIRE post history of this poster and, yes, Thor is right... this poster did indeed reveal personal information about Thor.  This was a crucial point for me... and Thor is validated.

Trust me, it's true.

---> Foghorn could make easy work of clearing up this issue by answering one simple question:  Were Thor's repeated abuse forms sent in all specific to a single poster and were his complaints related to that poster's release of private, personal information about him or was he sending in abuse forms randomly for more than one poster whenever he started feeling like the bitch in an argument and was he whining about various things?

Right on the money.  If Foghorn tells us that Thor was bitching about a variety of posters and issues, that blows up Thor's story.  However, if Thor is correct and his grievances were focused on this one individual, I side with him.

---> It seems clear to me, Duck--that you swallowed yourself a full sheet of, hot, fresh, Thor brownies.

Perhaps, HD, but hopefully not.  Look, you realize I have no incentive or vested interest whatsoever to support Thor, other than the fact that I welcome such an easy punching bag to our board.  Very Happy   However, like you've even said, I'm an honest (and perhaps too gullible and trusting) person, and the entire Thor thing never sat well with me.  Remember how you gave begrudging respect to the Captain for maintaining some measure of integrity after all the abuse you gave him?  I feel the same way about Thor.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:46 am

Perhaps, HD, but hopefully not.  Look, you realize I have no incentive or vested interest whatsoever to support Thor, other than the fact that I welcome such an easy punching bag to our board.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   However, like you've even said, I'm an honest (and perhaps too gullible and trusting) person, and the entire Thor thing never sat well with me.  Remember how you gave begrudging respect to the Captain for maintaining some measure of integrity after all the abuse you gave him?  I feel the same way about Thor.

Jumping in for a sec...someone was giving Captain a hard time? CaptainBrojangles? What's not to like about him? Seriously. LOL
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:27 am

Gentlemen: If I may... re picking thru shit will only cause the stink to resurface. I'd suggest we start with a new perspective on this season. What's been done is done and what is new is new... Fair enough to all? I'm sure mistakes were made by all... we're human and tend to do that from time to time. Thor is back... & all that was said is history.  No hard feelings on anyone's part at present. Here's to a successfull season for everyone!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:42 am

Admin wrote: Gentlemen: If I may... re picking thru shit will only cause the stink to resurface. I'd suggest we start with a new perspective on this season. What's been done is done and what is new is new... Fair enough to all? I'm sure mistakes were made by all... we're human and tend to do that from time to time. Thor is back... & all that was said is history.  No hard feelings on anyone's part at present. Here's to a successfull season for everyone!

...and Go Cowboys!!   Very Happy
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:06 pm

Admin wrote: Gentlemen: If I may... re picking thru shit will only cause the stink to resurface. I'd suggest we start with a new perspective on this season. What's been done is done and what is new is new... Fair enough to all? I'm sure mistakes were made by all... we're human and tend to do that from time to time. Thor is back... & all that was said is history.  No hard feelings on anyone's part at present. Here's to a successfull season for everyone!

Fine by me.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:20 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:Perhaps, HD, but hopefully not.  Look, you realize I have no incentive or vested interest whatsoever to support Thor, other than the fact that I welcome such an easy punching bag to our board.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   However, like you've even said, I'm an honest (and perhaps too gullible and trusting) person, and the entire Thor thing never sat well with me.  Remember how you gave begrudging respect to the Captain for maintaining some measure of integrity after all the abuse you gave him?  I feel the same way about Thor.

Jumping in for a sec...someone was giving Captain a hard time? CaptainBrojangles? What's not to like about him? Seriously. LOL

Wink   Nope--this was another Captain.  I guess you could say he was the Captain of the Love Boat--but more on the level of the dude dressed up as the Captain on the Village People...  He called himself Captain Climax...but he seemed particularly fond of answering to the name, Captain Quiefbag--so I didn't want to be rude...  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:22 pm

duck wrote:

Fine by me.

Any further questions, Duck?  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:27 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Fine by me.

That was exactly what I was going to say to you!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:44 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Fine by me.

Jeezus Duck... Please...   Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:48 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Fine by me.

Jeezus Duck... Please...   Shocked

Jeezus, HD... Please...   Mad
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:12 pm

We Want Thor.........We Want Thor............GO PACK GO...........We want Thor...........GO PACK GO..........GO PACKERS..............We Want Thor.............Where is Footchie?  Where is Footchie?   Where is Footchie?...........We Want Thor We Want Thor...........We WANT THOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!  Thor Thor Thor Thor Thor!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:04 pm

I'll search far and wide for Footchie when I head to Green Bay. May need Sherlock Holmes to help find her.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by TuckAndRoll Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:12 am

Wow, what in the world is going on here? When I was here a couple of weeks ago (On the Packer board), it seemed to me that this was a healthy chat community that focused mainly on the nuts and bolts of Packer football.

Now I'm getting a whole different perspective of what this whole place is about. You all seem quite dysfunctional now IMO. Insults are flying left and right - crazy accusations - personal privacy paranoia running ramped - debating the merits of welcoming back previously disgraced and disbarred member and reasoning in favor of their return so that the individual can be further insulted and humiliated?

What happened to Packer football? What you all got going on here is nuts! There may not be many posters over on the Chiefs board (In fact, I think that I might be the only one. LOL) but it has remained a "Football Oriented" board up this point.

I think I'm going back there now - take a shower and try to figure out why I ever decided to come to these chats sites in the first place.
TuckAndRoll
TuckAndRoll

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:19 am

TuckAndRoll wrote:Wow, what in the world is going on here? When I was here a couple of weeks ago (On the Packer board), it seemed to me that this was a healthy chat community that focused mainly on the nuts and bolts of Packer football.

Now I'm getting a whole different perspective of what this whole place is about. You all seem quite dysfunctional now IMO. Insults are flying left and right - crazy accusations - personal privacy paranoia running ramped - debating the merits of welcoming back previously disgraced and disbarred member and reasoning in favor of their return so that the individual can be further insulted and humiliated?

What happened to Packer football? What you all got going on here is nuts! There may not be many posters over on the Chiefs board (In fact, I think that I might be the only one. LOL) but it has remained a "Football Oriented" board up this point.

I think I'm going back there now - take a shower and try to figure out why I ever decided to come to these chats sites in the first place.

Look at it this way, Football season is right around the corner. I'm sure most here are pretty happy about that. Go Cowboys!
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next