Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Brandt on GB's Draft

4 posters

Go down

Andrew Brandt on GB's Draft Empty Andrew Brandt on GB's Draft

Post by JnC4GB Wed May 07, 2014 11:59 am

As usual, Andrew Brandt provides some interesting and amusing insight. Well worth reading:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Andrew Brandt on GB's Draft Empty Re: Andrew Brandt on GB's Draft

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 12:11 pm

JnC4GB wrote:As usual, Andrew Brandt provides some interesting and amusing insight. Well worth reading:

Love articles like this.  Thanks.  This was particularly amusing.  Take a wild guess who this *chest-bumper* might be...   Laughing 

I’ve heard a story of one boisterous general manager too busy gloating about a trade to call it in; by the time he did, the pick had passed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 12:25 pm

As we stared at Rodgers’ name, there were murmurs in the room from those concerned with the short-term, realizing we may well use our first-round pick on a player who would probably not get in a game that year (or perhaps the next, or even the year after that … or possibly never in a Packers uniform).

Uhhh--that would be the Head Coach he's referring to there...a one *Tinhorn Tinseldick*...  

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed May 07, 2014 1:06 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:As usual, Andrew Brandt provides some interesting and amusing insight. Well worth reading:

Love articles like this.  Thanks.  This was particularly amusing.  Take a wild guess who this *chest-bumper* might be...   Laughing 

I’ve heard a story of one boisterous general manager too busy gloating about a trade to call it in; by the time he did, the pick had passed.

Wasn't it the Vikings? I'm pretty sure I remember them not getting their selection in on time one year during this time period.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 6:05 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Wasn't it the Vikings? I'm pretty sure I remember them not getting their selection in on time one year during this time period.

Now that I hear of why that egregious fuck-up occurred, if I were the owner it would have been grounds at the time for immediate termination.  3 second conversation.  Pack your shit--goodbye.  Only an inexcusable slap-dick allows something like that to happen in what is without question the most vital day in the offseason in professional football...

I remain encouraged that Spielman's presence will to a degree mitigate Zimmer's potential.  That, coupled with the depreciation that the 'munch brings to the fold and his fartknock little brother will likely have someone like Zimmer hard on the bottle in frustration within 3 years and looking for a way out the door...   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed May 07, 2014 7:58 pm

This War Room disaster shall not be forgotten by all:

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:49 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:This War Room disaster shall not be forgotten by all:

That was the day the Albino turned blue.  Probably the low point of his career...   

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Wed May 07, 2014 10:55 pm

_HD_ wrote:As we stared at Rodgers’ name, there were murmurs in the room from those concerned with the short-term, realizing we may well use our first-round pick on a player who would probably not get in a game that year (or perhaps the next, or even the year after that … or possibly never in a Packers uniform).

Uhhh--that would be the Head Coach he's referring to there...a one *Tinhorn Tinseldick*...  
Love Andrew Brandt. And TT should have shitcanned Sherman the minute after he picked Rodgers.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Wed May 07, 2014 11:01 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WZZciQVdFy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now that I hear of why that egregious fuck-up occurred, if I were the owner it would have been grounds at the time for immediate termination.  3 second conversation.  Pack your shit--goodbye.  Only an inexcusable slap-dick allows something like that to happen in what is without question the most vital day in the offseason in professional football...

I remain encouraged that Spielman's presence will to a degree mitigate Zimmer's potential.  That, coupled with the depreciation that the 'munch brings to the fold and his fartknock little brother will likely have someone like Zimmer hard on the bottle in frustration within 3 years and looking for a way out the door...   Laughing 
Given what you know about organizational dynamics in general, and about those of the Vikings in particular, I was shocked to see you pissing your pants over them hiring Zimmer for this exact reason. Clowns in high places always.. ALWAYS.. find ways to fuck up even the best things. I mean, the 2009 NFC Championship Game was a picture-perfect illustration of that. They had the most talented roster in the league and let that shithead Brad Childress try to coach it. Don't think for a minute that now that they have someone who might turn out to be a decent head coach, they won't still find a new and exciting way to fuck it all up. That's what people like Wilf and Spielman do. Nay- that's what people like Wilf and Spielman ARE.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu May 08, 2014 5:10 pm

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Given what you know about organizational dynamics in general, and about those of the Vikings in particular, I was shocked to see you pissing your pants over them hiring Zimmer for this exact reason. Clowns in high places always.. ALWAYS.. find ways to fuck up even the best things. I mean, the 2009 NFC Championship Game was a picture-perfect illustration of that. They had the most talented roster in the league and let that shithead Brad Childress try to coach it. Don't think for a minute that now that they have someone who might turn out to be a decent head coach, they won't still find a new and exciting way to fuck it all up. That's what people like Wilf and Spielman do. Nay- that's what people like Wilf and Spielman ARE.

I miss the Muffin Man almost as much as Tinhorn. Sundays in football season just aren't the same.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 5:52 pm

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Quite true--all...  However, and here's the perspective I'm coming from--I sat there through a full three hour game plus an extra overtime period with my walnuts frozen to a hard metal bench watching a dome Christian Ponder-led and Lezholio-coached Minnesota Viqueens essentially beat the Packers in Lambeau Field.  Yes--it ended up a tie because Fatty is an idiot--but a tie is a clear victory for the queens in that circumstance...

Now--you replace the lesbian with Zimmer.  That's a profound upgrade any way you want to ride it.  That means everything from head coach on down will now will be impacted positively--and we've already seen some of the fruits of that change...  Your point is dead-on, however...  It's managing UP that Zimmer will run into resistance.  However--cluelessness can work both ways.  Just like if you have no clue what you're doing (Lezbo/Childress) and the other equally inept people above you go along with it because they aren't equipped to know better...if you DO know what you're doing--you can expect the same response for the same reason from those from above as long as ego from above doesn't come into play.  

Now--ego is less likely to be an issue here--not because Spielman isn't a thin-skinned little insecure prick--but because HE HIRED ZIMMER...so now will go about buffing his crank and chest-bumping his own fathead poster for all the good results he sees Zimmer producing.  If Zimmer starts winning--he'll gain more and more control--and that means the idiocy of a prick like Spielman and further the 'munch mutes will become more and more deferred from the equation.

Mike Sherman was the ideal man for that job.  Dammitt.  I promised myself I would buy season tickets if he was hired.  That would have been just too much humor to pass up every week for a bit of a twisted fuck like me...   Twisted Evil 

The bottom line--  We WILL see an improved Viqueens team this year.  Guaranteed.  Another injury to Rodgers--and, despite how hard this is to say, the Pack will be their bitch...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 6:06 pm

milani wrote:
MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

I miss the Muffin Man almost as much as Tinhorn. Sundays in football season just aren't the same.
 Just take one look at this guy...  Who the fuck would want him around for any reason?  His breath alone would knock a fly off a gutwagon...   Laughing 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down