Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Luck not like a rookie, Mike Tomlin says...

5 posters

Go down

Andrew Luck not like a rookie, Mike Tomlin says... Empty Andrew Luck not like a rookie, Mike Tomlin says...

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:52 pm

By Marc Sessler

• Writer

• Published: Aug. 18, 2012 at 04:16 p.m.

• Updated: Aug. 18, 2012 at 05:58 p.m.

• [url=https://profootballworld.forumotion.com/javascript: void(0);][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]
        [url=https://profootballworld.forumotion.com/javascript: void(0);][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -- like the rest of us -- has watched the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]' defense punish quarterbacks since he was a child. Unlike the rest of us, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] rookie now prepares to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Pittsburgh's trickery will be simplified, the blitz packages tempered, but it's a taste of what's ahead for Luck this season. He showed poise in a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] coach [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] doesn't see Luck as just another first-year passer.

Rapoport: Two of a kind
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]After covering Peyton
    Manning and Andrew Luck, Ian Rapoport reaches a simple conclusion: They're the same person. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"I thought he played really well," Tomlin told The Associated Press. "I don't mean played really well for a rookie. I thought he played really well."

Luck will be hard-pressed to reproduce his debut 188-yard, two-touchdown performance. The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]' top-ranked defense from a season ago also led the NFL against the pass. Another advantage: They square off against a familiar face in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, who called the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]' attack for the past five seasons before being shown the door in the offseason.

"It'll be fun," Luck said. "I realize every defense is good in the NFL, in my mind. But to have a chance to go against a great historical defense, a great franchise, with a great fan base, will be fun."

Luck might define "fun" differently than the rest of us, but the matchup here is intriguing. Pull away the preseason stink, and it's still a confrontation between a nasty defense and the rookie quarterback being asked to fill [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s shoes. We're glad this one's on "Sunday Night Football."

Back to top Go down

Andrew Luck not like a rookie, Mike Tomlin says... Empty Re: Andrew Luck not like a rookie, Mike Tomlin says...

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:50 pm

MR Luck's Luck just might run out.

Back to top Go down

Andrew Luck not like a rookie, Mike Tomlin says... Empty Re: Andrew Luck not like a rookie, Mike Tomlin says...

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Dmounts wrote:MR Luck's Luck just might run out.

Let's keep our fingers crossed on that one. There's nothing worse than having to wade through Stampede's posts about his hero quarterbacks. I bet even his wife is jealous of that. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:13 pm

LOL now thats funny LOL:D

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:12 am

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:

Let's keep our fingers crossed on that one. There's nothing worse than having to wade through Stampede's posts about his hero quarterbacks. I bet even his wife is jealous of that. Smile
    LMAO............ I bet she hates sharing the bed with that Manning blow up doll!
    foghorn
    foghorn
    7th Round Pick
    7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:45 am

foghorn wrote:

LMAO............ I bet she hates sharing the bed with that Manning blow up doll!

Is the fill valve in the "five"head, or.. somewhere else??Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:02 am

Kaweb57 wrote:
    foghorn wrote:

Is the fill valve in the "five"head, or.. somewhere else??Twisted Evil
    LOL.... you will have to ask Stampede. It is after all his fantasy.
    foghorn
    foghorn
    7th Round Pick
    7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Relax Die....Its not like I root for and make excuses for a rapist or anything like that.

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Stampede wrote:

Relax Die....Its not like I root for and make excuses for a rapist or anything like that.

OUCH, But you do have a point. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Stampede wrote:

Wouldn't one have to be arrested and convicted to be a rapist? Or your word is good enough. If so, then mine is for "tea bag" Manning.
    foghorn
    foghorn
    7th Round Pick
    7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:29 am

foghorn wrote:
    Stampede wrote:

Wouldn't one have to be arrested and convicted to be a rapist? Or your word is good enough. If so, then mine is for "tea bag" Manning.

He should have applied the tea bag to his own fivehead... make the swelling go down!!
    Have to be a contortionist, though
    Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:44 am

Luck is going to be a great QB, it's pretty obvious. He wasn't exactly at his best when he was against our starters, even though LeBeau was quite vanilla. When you look at the best QB play right now, Aaron Rodgers is peerless. Luck has those type of skills and the brain to match. He also has so much pressure on him, and I love how he's handled it thus far. Seeing his team going further than Peyton's this year would be fun.

RLON39
    7th Round Pick
    7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:25 pm

RLON39 wrote:Luck is going to be a great QB, it's pretty obvious. He wasn't exactly at his best when he was against our starters, even though LeBeau was quite vanilla. When you look at the best QB play right now, Aaron Rodgers is peerless. Luck has those type of skills and the brain to match. He also has so much pressure on him, and I love how he's handled it thus far. Seeing his team going further than Peyton's this year would be fun.
    Give the guy 5 years and if he is coached right along with playing in the right system DB's are not going to look forward going up against him.
    wyckedheart8
    wyckedheart8
    3rd Round Pick
    3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Give the guy 5 years and if he is coached right along with playing in the right system DB's are not going to look forward going up against him.

I say no. Luck look like he has been in this league for a while. Even though it was preseason,this cat is going to be the deal
    leejr
    leejr
    7th Round Pick
    7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down