Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Myopic is a good word...

3 posters

Go down

Myopic is a good word... Empty Myopic is a good word...

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Myopic is a good word... Empty Re: Myopic is a good word...

Post by milani Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:55 pm

Validates the team motto, IN TED WE TRUST.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Yadda yadda yadda. In general free agency is just hoopla for the fans. Why pay over market value for a player who is washed up or unwanted by his previous team?

Yes, I know that occasionally bargains can be found but they are few and far between.

Everybody forgets that a couple of years ago TT broke the pattern and picked up several free agents, most notably Jeff Saturday. What happened? They were all busts.

I have no doubt that the Packer scouting staff has a file on each and every player on the market now... as well as an assessment of what they estimate they're worth. If at any time a player's price dips below the value set on them by TT & Co., they'll pull the trigger.

No trigger pulled? Well, that simply means they can get better value for their money elsewhere, most notably the draft.

It wouldn't break my heart if Green Bay signed ZERO free agents.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:06 pm

duck wrote:Yadda yadda yadda.  In general free agency is just hoopla for the fans.  Why pay over market value for a player who is washed up or unwanted by his previous team?

Yes, I know that occasionally bargains can be found but they are few and far between.  

Everybody forgets that a couple of years ago TT broke the pattern and picked up several free agents, most notably Jeff Saturday.  What happened?  They were all busts.

I have no doubt that the Packer scouting staff has a file on each and every player on the market now... as well as an assessment of what they estimate they're worth.  If at any time a player's price dips below the value set on them by TT & Co., they'll pull the trigger.

No trigger pulled?  Well, that simply means they can get better value for their money elsewhere, most notably the draft.

C'mon Man !!!!!!!!!!!!!     We discussed this several weeks ago.   The one and only correct conclusion is (if you want to win the NFC title........duh?!?!?!?!) is to pick up a few (i.e., 3 or more) key free agents.   We just lost EDS......now how is that void going to get filled.........who is telling me or anyone else that both Sherrod and Bulaga (or totally unproven J.C. Tretter)  are going to magically come in and play San Francisco 49ers quality offensive line?   MD Jennings gone to Da Bears........fine by me.   Losing EDS.......not a shocker by any means.   

In short ...........  TT needs to step up and do something.......anything.   I still fancy the notion of picking up Devin Hester.........just to piss off Da Bears.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:36 pm

duck wrote:Yadda yadda yadda.  In general free agency is just hoopla for the fans.  Why pay over market value for a player who is washed up or unwanted by his previous team?

Everybody forgets that a couple of years ago TT broke the pattern and picked up several free agents, most notably Jeff Saturday.  What happened?  They were all busts.

I have no doubt that the Packer scouting staff has a file on each and every player on the market now... as well as an assessment of what they estimate they're worth.  If at any time a player's price dips below the value set on them by TT & Co., they'll pull the trigger.

No trigger pulled?  Well, that simply means they can get better value for their money elsewhere, most notably the draft.

This right here is what we call a *hi-ball* homer, friends...  He used to be able to handle some degree of objectivity, but that was laundered out with the racing stripe in the spandex from his last bike ride...  LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:55 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:

C'mon Man !!!!!!!!!!!!!     We discussed this several weeks ago.   The one and only correct conclusion is (if you want to win the NFC title........duh?!?!?!?!) is to pick up a few (i.e., 3 or more) key free agents.   We just lost EDS......now how is that void going to get filled.........who is telling me or anyone else that both Sherrod and Bulaga (or totally unproven J.C. Tretter)  are going to magically come in and play San Francisco 49ers quality offensive line?   MD Jennings gone to Da Bears........fine by me.   Losing EDS.......not a shocker by any means.   

In short ...........  TT needs to step up and do something.......anything.   I still fancy the notion of picking up Devin Hester.........just to piss off Da Bears.

I still believe TT will do his thing with the draft. Get 7 new players to try and fill spots. But most of them will do only that.....fill a spot on the field. There is the likelihood that he will sign ONE free agent. But it will be late and it will be a bargain. If it is of any quality is in perpetual doubt.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:03 am

milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

I still believe TT will do his thing with the draft. Get 7 new players to try and fill spots. But most of them will do only that.....fill a spot on the field. There is the likelihood that he will sign ONE free agent. But it will be late and it will be a bargain. If it is of any quality is in perpetual doubt.
If that is it Milani.............then its another fight to win the NFC North to host another frozen tundra game and call it quits.   The Packers schedule ain't an easy one either (13th toughest in the league).   Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, NE Patriots, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Seattle, Carolina.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:23 pm

_HD_ wrote:

This right here is what we call a *hi-ball* homer, friends...  He used to be able to handle some degree of objectivity, but that was laundered out with the racing stripe in the spandex from his last bike ride...  LOL.

Nah, I just don't by into the hysteria generated by free agency and I like Thompson's approach. In general it's a big waste of time. If you're going to go that route, it should be very judiciously.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:43 pm

milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

You never cease to amaze me, Milani.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:12 pm

duck wrote:
milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

You never cease to amaze me, Milani.

Notice how TT reads my comment and then swallowing his pride decides to sign Peppers. Not very late and not a bargain. Does he have enough in the tank to be of quality in our D ?
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:30 pm

This adds fuel to the Bears-Packers rivalry fire (again).   Imagine Peppers driving Cutler into the Lambeau Field turf (or Soldier Field turf --> or for that matter BOTH TURFs!!) attempting to make himself a legend ala Charles Martin.   I think Peppers should wear #94 in deference to Charles Martin.  Wouldn't mind seeing a personal foul.........early in the game to set the tone in Chicago.    I'll send Peppers a terrible towel.......with #6 on that sucker and a URL explaining the event back in the day.  Fire up the young guys for the benefit of Capers and his merry D.

GO PACK GO !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:40 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

If that is it Milani.............then its another fight to win the NFC North to host another frozen tundra game and call it quits.   The Packers schedule ain't an easy one either (13th toput ughest in the league).   Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, NE Patriots, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Seattle, Carolina.

Just think, Ringo. You could be at each of those games next season. And maybe a sub-zero playoff game. If Peppers can still rush the QB at 34 I'm sure you could rush to Lambeau in January, too.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:44 pm

Time to start the chorus, Ringo!

milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:03 pm

milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

If that is it Milani.............then its another fight to win the NFC North to host another frozen tundra game and call it quits.   The Packers schedule ain't an easy one either (13th toput ughest in the league).   Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, NE Patriots, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Seattle, Carolina.

Just think, Ringo. You could be at each of those games next season. And maybe a sub-zero playoff game. If Peppers can still rush the QB at 34 I'm sure you could rush to Lambeau in January, too.

Milani please rest assured I will do my very best to rush to Lambeau Field in January until the day I die.    In the shorter term ........... a Bears-Packers game at Lambeau Field seems like the right thing to do in 2014.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:15 pm

milani wrote:Time to start the chorus, Ringo!

.........they REALLY REALLY SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Don Bracken the holder....................

and

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down