Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At least they have good BBQ...

4 posters

Go down

At least they have good BBQ... Empty At least they have good BBQ...

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 pm

Regardless of coach, Chiefs are changing structure

Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2013, 10:05 AM EST
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Getty Images
As momentum builds toward the Chiefs possibly hiring former Eagles coach Andy Reid (wake me up when it’s a 95-percent certainty), the question becomes whether the Chiefs would then keep G.M. Scott Pioli.

The easy answer is no. Reid and Pioli come from two different coaching trees.

Or perhaps it would best be described as two separate coaching forests. Reid traces back to offensive guru Mike Holmgren, Pioli to defensive genius Bill Belichick. So Reid would potentially want his own guy, someone who comes from the same mindset and pedigree, to help set the table.

The unknown in this is whether and to what extent Reid and Pioli have fashioned a relationship that could be transformed into a partnership. And a partnership it would be; Chiefs owner Clark Hunt recently told NFL Network that the next coach will report directly to the owner.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],” Hunt told Albert Breer of NFL Network. “Historically, the head coach has reported to the General Manager. I think that’s true going back to the early days of the franchise. And I’m changing it today. Going forward, the head coach will report directly to me. The G.M. will report to me as well.

“The goal, Hunt explained, is to make Kansas City more enticing to a talented coach. “I think it gives us the best chance of hiring the best candidate,” Hunt said. “You mentioned a while ago that some of the coaches want more control. I think that’s right, and if we find the right coach, I certainly want to have a structure that’s acceptable to him.”

Idiots generally always *solve* the problems produced through their past idiocy by coming up with new and meaningful ways to be idiotic... No surprise that the bottom-feeding NFL franchises generally always stay there despite drafting the top of the chart every year... I'd much rather have dinner with York Hunt... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

At least they have good BBQ... Empty Re: At least they have good BBQ...

Post by LRJets Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:34 pm

I enjoy reading the GB posts. Terrific fanbase.

I believe Pioli is from the Parcells' tree, as he is his son-in-law, having met Tuna's daughter while at NE with Beli, et al.

Good luck in the playoffs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:39 pm

LRJets wrote:I enjoy reading the GB posts. Terrific fanbase.

I believe Pioli is from the Parcells' tree, as he is his son-in-law, having met Tuna's daughter while at NE with Beli, et al.

Good luck in the playoffs.

Thanks LR...

If Pioli stays--it will only be at Andy Reid's pleasure...and if Pioli leaves--whomever he is replaced by will also only serve as Andy Reid's bitch. Of course, completely dysfunctional--because it sets up a chain of command with the only football operational accountability to a man (Clark Hunt) who has no football operational credibility...

Andy Reid is a good coach. The reason he ultimately failed in Philly is because he lacked oversight in his decision-making process as essentially the de-facto GM...and guess what? The Clark Hunt in KC does so with no dogs to such an extent that he falls over himself trying to structure everything just as what proved not to work in Philly...

The idiots in the $3000 suits are my favorite kind... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:58 pm

If Pioli stays--it will only be at Andy Reid's pleasure...and if Pioli leaves--whomever he is replaced by will also only serve as Andy Reid's bitch. Of course, completely dysfunctional--because it sets up a chain of command with the only football operational accountability to a man (Clark Hunt) who has no football operational credibility...

I agree with you. Andy Reid, like Belichick and a few others run the show for their team. Years ago, the HC would report to the GM and the hierarchy was structured that the GM would report to the owner. (unless you're a Jerry Jones, then you report to yourself).

As an aside, only the Jets would fire the G.M. and keep the coach. Analagous to cooking a dinner then hiring a chef.

Just saw on the TV, Rodgers seems to have his receivers at full strength. The suits pick GB with a "however". They say, "if Rodgers has his passing game, they should win" . Talk about playing it safe.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:02 pm

LRJets wrote:If Pioli stays--it will only be at Andy Reid's pleasure...and if Pioli leaves--whomever he is replaced by will also only serve as Andy Reid's bitch. Of course, completely dysfunctional--because it sets up a chain of command with the only football operational accountability to a man (Clark Hunt) who has no football operational credibility...

I agree with you. Andy Reid, like Belichick and a few others run the show for their team. Years ago, the HC would report to the GM and the hierarchy was structured that the GM would report to the owner. (unless you're a Jerry Jones, then you report to yourself).

As an aside, only the Jets would fire the G.M. and keep the coach. Analagous to cooking a dinner then hiring a chef.

Yeah--I saw that... Mind-boggling, isn't it? Woody Johnson has never lived a day in the trenches in his entire life--and he reflect that utter lack of insight frequently in his decision making. Anybody with half a brain would have long-since removed the fat boy with the big mouth who has created nothing but a drama-queen paradise on that team--yet it is the GM who takes the fall because presumably he was doing his job and preparing to fire the fat ass--and the owner exercized his option to be the fuck-tart he is and dropped the hammer on the wrong man... Unfortunately--I foresee the worst is yet to come--for next season will be entirely wasted leading up to the long-overdo removal of Ryan next year at this time...

Just saw on the TV, Rodgers seems to have his receivers at full strength. The suits pick GB with a "however". They say, "if Rodgers has his passing game, they should win" . Talk about playing it safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Money didn't come easy to Woody -- he had to be born into it.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So there you have it... Pioli wasn't interviewing Reid--Reid was interviewing Pioli. Pioli, quite appropriately unwilling to relent on his contractually insured final say of roster decisions, forces his firing--thereby committing the Chiefs to paying off the balance of his contract--as no man worth his salty balls in his role would ever agree to the dysfunctional structure that Reid requires--and previously failed in...

Reid's success in Philly corresponded to when he was focused on being the head coach. It all started to go to shit for him when his *Holmgren* came out--and he tried to elevate to a man he isn't, eh?

Clark Hunt... All it takes is one 10 second glance at his photo above in this thread to see what an empty suit looks like... Very Happy

Like Clint once said... *A man's got to know his limitations* And when they don't--that's when you need a good executive who can see the man's limitations and consequently confine him within a structure where his sweet spot is trackin' the needle...

Andy Reid will ultimately fail in Kansas City. What the hobknob KC fans are all out there celebrating, will prove in reality to be a completely wasted era for this team... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:19 pm

[quote="_HD_"]
LRJets wrote:If Pioli stays--it will only be at Andy Reid's pleasure...and if Pioli leaves--whomever he is replaced by will also only serve as Andy Reid's bitch. Of course, completely dysfunctional--because it sets up a chain of command with the only football operational accountability to a man (Clark Hunt) who has no football operational credibility...

Yeah--I saw that... Mind-boggling, isn't it? Woody Johnson has never lived a day in the trenches in his entire life--and he reflect that utter lack of insight frequently in his decision making. Anybody with half a brain would have long-since removed the fat boy with the big mouth who has created nothing but a drama-queen paradise on that team--yet it is the GM who takes the fall because presumably he was doing his job and preparing to fire the fat ass--and the owner exercized his option to be the fuck-tart he is and dropped the hammer on the wrong man... Unfortunately--I foresee the worst is yet to come--for next season will be entirely wasted leading up to the long-overdo removal of Ryan next year at this time...

Report: Jets GM candidates told they have to keep Rex

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 4, 2013, 9:59 AM EST
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Getty Images
There will apparently be time to add more tattoos, if Rex Ryan chooses.

During a discussion of the Jets general manager candidates, Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork points out an important caveat in the interview process.

He writes, while discussing in-demand 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, that the “word on the street is that the Jets are telling potential candidates they won’t be considered [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].”

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Well HD, now that it looks like GB's John Dorsey will be Reid's boy, err, GM at KC does it change your take?
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:45 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Well HD, now that it looks like GB's John Dorsey will be Reid's boy, err, GM at KC does it change your take?

No-- Why would that have any impact on my assessment?

It's clear why Dorsey would be of interest to Reid. The man's capability is rooted in *scouting* Meaning--he knows talent when he sees it. That's great--a rare commodity to hold. Reid is leveraging the fact that Dorsey has never been in a GM title before to give him what would be to the untrained eye--a clear step up the ladder--even though it isn't. They'll hit him with more $$$, the GM title--but he'll be actually doing little more than what he does in GB--Director of Player Personnel. Reid needs a GM lite in that role so that there are no power struggle conflicts... Dorsey's the man...probably thilled to get the GM title and the additional cash. Here's the rub, however... It reflects very poorly on John Dorsey that he would take a deneutered GM role like this that in the long run could very well damage his prospects for ever being a true GM in a traditional, functional leadership hierarchy...

People are what people do, my friend... They often go for the quick hit that they feel is in their best interests--but most have no ability see beyond the immediate. Big picture--Dorsey would be MUCH better off long-term if he stayed with the perennial winner in the class organization of Green Bay that made him, continue to build his resume with a legacy of success--and bide his time until the right opportunity comes along--one holding full GM power in an organization that values all the benefits that come with a functional leadership hierarchy. What KC represents, given the dynamics there he is stepping into, is failure. Dorsey will be judged by primarily the accomplishments or lack thereof of ANDY Reid. Like Scott Pioli before him--he will emerge from KC in 4-5 years as damaged goods--and considered a poor risk for a true GM role in the future... Stupid...

The story's been told thousands of times before my friend... The wise never take the risk of making a move for purposes of being the big cheese...when at the end of the day they hold the plate with the little curds... Dorsey is telling us very clearly what kind of man he really is by taking this job--given the dynamics in play. Too bad for him. He is who he is...

An individual with the confidence to swing the sack as a true GM--would be putting out a press release right now if they were in the position of John Dorsey:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Being flattered to be of interest to a number of organizations with openings on the GM level, John Dorsey, Executive Director of Player Personnel for the Green Bay Packers, would like to sincerely express his appreciation for being considered for these key positions--but is presently very happy in his role and his accomplishments in Green Bay that has contributed to the success the Packers have achieved over the past several seasons in his time there. While John does aspire to be an NFL GM at some point, the fit with the organizational structure and team philosophies will have to be just right for him to consider leaving behind what he has so diligently worked to help create in Green Bay.

Boom. Any owner out there that you REALLY WANT to work for--will have their eyes opened wide by this and be smokin' your ass from that point forward... This doesn't occur to a Johnny boy, who instead is content to selling himself short and taking the quick hit--and in so doing--reflects that the pebbles in his sack...are just that...

Last edited by _HD_ on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:05 pm

Can't argue with any of that. You'd think that Dorsey would wait around a couple more years and take over for Whitey when he retires.

Probably rationalizes it away with the "a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush" cliche'.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:21 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Can't argue with any of that. You'd think that Dorsey would wait around a couple more years and take over for Whitey when he retires.

Probably rationalizes it away with the "a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush" cliche'.

People seek out their destiny. Not everyone is destined to succeed. Those destined to failure are subconsciously driven to decisions that fulfill that outcome. Only those holding this realization can indeed alter their destiny...

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Even if one "succeeds"........that success will be short-lived if you do not strive to prove yourself over and over again each day. Complacency (before or after success) will result in failure. One must always strive to succeed........even in a dead-end job. GO PACKERs
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Along with the BBQ the stadium seating is excellent at Arrowhead not only for the visual experience but also by being very comforting for an old man's stiff back unlike the hard benches of Lambeau.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down