Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Key to Cowboys rebirth? Follow New England's plan

4 posters

Go down

Key to Cowboys rebirth?  Follow New England's plan Empty Key to Cowboys rebirth? Follow New England's plan

Post by guppy Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:42 am

New England has won 51 games since 2010.

That's way, way post-spygate for the over-obsessed, simple-minded, can't let it go, live in the past, crowd.  (We know a few of those types around here.  Its more sad than funny really.)

No other team is within six victories of the Patriots during this time. 

It must be those tapes we don't know about.  Ya, that's it.  That's the explanation.  If we convince ourselves that this consistent winning by a team we hate is only due to this foul play, WE'LL ALL FEEL BETTER ABOUT OURSELVES.   Ya, that's the ticket.

And they've maintained this consistent success with a strong blending in of rookies on the roster.  NE has retained 43 rookies over the last four years.  Those rookies have combined to start 183 games.  Keep in mind that the Pats' picks are usually lower in each round than most teams.

There are only two teams now that have had four winning seasons in a row.  Only two.

Oh, I thought you've never ask.

New England and Green Bay.

And New England has now had thirteen winning seasons in a row!

Thirteen.

From the Dallas Morning News:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And I thought BB was supposed to suck at player evaluation and team building.  LOL.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Key to Cowboys rebirth?  Follow New England's plan Empty Re: Key to Cowboys rebirth? Follow New England's plan

Post by LRJets Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Key to Cowboys rebirth?  Follow New England's plan Empty Re: Key to Cowboys rebirth? Follow New England's plan

Post by guppy Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:02 am

LRJets wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

What do you have?  A giant collection of these things?  LOL. 

I just thought of a great suggestion for you.  You should turn this into a business and make some money.  I'll bet you could sell these as posters on Craig's List, and do a very nice little business.

Like I said, there's a whole market out there of stunted individuals who you could cater to:  the "WE HAVE NO CLUE AND NO LIFE, SO WE LIVE IN THE PAST" crowd.  There is a whole bunch of these type folks living in their mom's basements.  But they do have money, and I'm sure they'll spend it for these priceless images.  Why not make some bucks off of their limited intellect? 

And for me showing you the way to profits, my cut will only be 30% of gross revenue.

Cause that's the kind of guy I am - fair. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:36 pm

What do you have?  A giant collection of these things?  LOL.  

I just thought of a great suggestion for you.  You should turn this into a business and make some money.  I'll bet you could sell these as posters on Craig's List, and do a very nice little business.

Like I said, there's a whole market out there of stunted individuals who you could cater to:  the "WE HAVE NO CLUE AND NO LIFE, SO WE LIVE IN THE PAST" crowd.  There is a whole bunch of these type folks living in their mom's basements.  But they do have money, and I'm sure they'll spend it for these priceless images.  Why not make some bucks off of their limited intellect?  

And for me showing you the way to profits, my cut will only be 30% of gross revenue.

You don't need any parts of my business.  You're in the hypocrisy business.    Actually you are a world-class hypocrite!
People who don't agree with you  live in the past?  Hmm
You finally stopped celebrating  the Red Sox World Series, which is ok if you weren't a hypocrite.
Go over any post of yours and it'll mention somewhere of the Patriots record since 2001.  Guess that's not the  past, or your opinions don't apply to you.
Speaking of the past, and since I'm guilty of same...
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:15 pm

LRJets wrote:What do you have?  A giant collection of these things?  LOL.  

You don't need any parts of my business.  You're in the hypocrisy business.    Actually you are a world-class hypocrite!
People who don't agree with you  live in the past?  Hmm
You finally stopped celebrating  the Red Sox World Series, which is ok if you weren't a hypocrite.
Go over any post of yours and it'll mention somewhere of the Patriots record since 2001.  Guess that's not the  past, or your opinions don't apply to you.
Speaking of the past, and since I'm guilty of same...

Yes you are guilty of same.  I started this thread based on an article in a Dallas newspaper.  The article mentioned the Patriots best-in-the-league 51 wins since 2010.  It spoke of how many rookies have been retained on the NE roster, and how many rookies played in games since then.  The Dallas football writer's hypothesis was that for the Cowboys  to compete with the likes of the Patriots in November, December and January, they need to try to compete with them in April and the off season as well when building a roster.  The writer felt that the Cowboys need to focus more on cheap labor to build depth the way the Pats do. 

Oh, and one more thing.  The Dallas writer never mentioned a word that was spygate related.  That wasn't part of his Dallas-New England compare and contrast analysis.

So my new thread here, that I myself started, which involved legitimate football opinion from a Dallas writer about the Dallas team, which referenced information pertaining to NE only back to 2010.   And I then I noted, that's way, way past the time when most knowledgeable folk have put spygate in the rear view mirror when discussing the present day Patriots. 

And then what happened?

Then you posted your amusing photoshop work of art of the man Peyton Manning this year said  "will probably go down in history as the greatest coach ever".   (Doesn't matter if Peyton is right, wrong, or whatever.  Fact is, he said it.  And that was before they ended up playing golf together at Pebble Beach mere days later.  lol) 

So you chimed in on my "2010 to the present" new thread and brought out your favorite old chestnut, a picture of a video camera.  Of course that predates 2010. 

But that's all OK and swell and all.  History is history as you say.  And the photoshops are funny frankly.  A couple of those in particular seem to try to imply that a video camera is some kind of wicked piece of machinery, which I find amusing as well, but that's a different discussion.  But again, eye of the beholder. 

So in sum, what do we have here?

The guy who called me a "world-class hypocrite" because he says in "any" post of mine I mention the past back to "2001", but yet I decry others from mentioning certain events of the past, comes on my new thread which did not go back to 2001, but only to 2010, and then HE, not me, takes us back into the past with the video camera photoshop!  But I'm supposedly the hypocrite?  Amazing.   (What's that word that Morm would say right here?  Begins with "P".  LOL)

Finally, I will make a distinction which I hope helps you understand something.  Its not the going into the past to mention "Recording Method Gate" that is the problem.  Its the constant emphasis and continual reference to it ad nauseum that is the problem.   Now certainly I don't pretend to have any control over what others say.  If they want to talk nothing but "Recording Method Gate" from now to eternity, that's their right.  But that would be kind of boring if you ask me.  But whatever.  But if the facts of "Recording Method Gate"  keep getting tossed around on and on, endlessly, then I'm going to toss some "real facts" on the subject right back.  While the "facts" being tossed at me tend to exaggerate, embelish, inflate and overstate that particular piece of unpleasant history, the facts and objective commentary I toss back in response tend to bring realism, level-headedness, sanity and common sense back to the dialog.   Very Happy 

Hey, we dust each other up a little now and then.  Not a big deal.  If you get a little "owie", "rub some dirt on it."  I'll do the same.

Now as a great man once said, "Let's go eat a goddamn snack!"

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:34 am

LRJets wrote:

You know what I think?  I think the number of posts by you criticizing me for celebrating the Red Sox World Series championship is actually greater than the number  of posts by me celebrating the Red Sox World Series championship.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:31 pm

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

You know what I think?  I think the number of posts by you criticizing me for celebrating the Red Sox World Series championship is actually greater than the number  of posts by me celebrating the Red Sox World Series championship.
I doubt it.  I greatly doubt it.  
If you can go to any sort of archives, you'll not find a post by me here for at least 3-4 weeks after the WS. The Patriots section of this board at that time was held up by you and Sheila.
So if you cannot fact-check this, well you know the rest.  
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:44 pm

LRJets wrote:
guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

I doubt it.  I greatly doubt it.  
If you can go to any sort of archives, you'll not find a post by me here for at least 3-4 weeks after the WS. The Patriots section of this board at that time was held up by you and Sheila.
So if you cannot fact-check this, well you know the rest.  

Well, who's counting, really.  It just seemed like it.  Smile

And I was just being my aggressive self, taking a rather mild shot across your bow.  (If I let too much time go by without throwing you and George an occasional unsolicited zinger, I risk getting soft on you two ornery hombres.)  lol.

Hey, but at least in those instances of Red Sox celebration I was doing something positive (celebrating my own), as opposed to being negative (casting aspersions on the accomplishments of others).   Very Happy  

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:37 am

New England has won 51 games since 2010.

And they're 2-4 in the playoffs against teams they'd already played.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:07 am

LRJets wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

LMFAO! 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down