Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Pettine

3 posters

Go down

Mike Pettine Empty Mike Pettine

Post by wassejet Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:06 pm

DC of Jets hired by Cleveland as HC. Very strange hire. Shouldn't affect the Jets D since Rex pretty much runs it.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Mike Pettine Empty Re: Mike Pettine

Post by LRJets Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:16 pm

Why/how can it affect Jets??
Wasn't he with Buffalo last season?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by rdariusxxxx Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:45 pm

Yes, he was with Buffalo last year.
rdariusxxxx
rdariusxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:57 pm

Sorry, didn't realize he wasn't coaching for the Jets last season. Shows how much air time a DC gets with Rex around. Still a very odd hiring for the Browns.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:18 am

wassejet wrote:Sorry, didn't realize he wasn't coaching for the Jets last season. Shows how much air time a DC gets with Rex around. Still a very odd hiring for the Browns.
You are very good in analyzing theJets, their faults, good points after games.  Your insights are more than valuable.
An odd hiring for the Browns is a coach that remains more than two seasons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:03 pm

LRJets wrote:
You are very good in analyzing theJets, their faults, good points after games.  Your insights are more than valuable.

Thanks for the compliment. I try to be objective but it's hard after so many years of frustration. I just don't feel anyone in the organization truly knows what it takes to put together a consistently winning team (what you need to win a Super Bowl.) They get close as with the first Sanchez years and then they let key personnel walk and can't replace them such as Jones, Cotchery, Washington, Faneca, Edwards, Keller etc. Granted some of these guys had injuries and off field issues, but they made key contributions during Sanchez' first two years and there weren't any decent replacements for them. In the NFL today it's all about the QB. If you doubt that, all you have to do it look at the the Colts. They drafted Luck and turned a 1-15 team into a contender in one season. That's where the Jets continually fail. Haven't had a decent one at the position since Testaverde. I'm not sold on Smith but in all fairness, he had no weapons. I like what Chris Ivory did in a shortened year, so I think the Jets are in good shape at RB with him and Powell. This years draft class has a lot of top level receivers. The Jets need to bring in one in the first round and then maybe another in the third or 4th and beyond. But honestly, if the Jets wanted another crack at a QB in the first round, I wouldn't complain as long as it's either Bortles, Bridgewater or Carr.

Last edited by wassejet on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:46 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:

, if the Jets wanted another crack at a QB in the first round, I wouldn't complain as long as it's either Bortles, Bridgewater or Carr.
I agree.  To get any other QB then the aforementioned, I'd rather Geno stay, continue to develop, and build around him.  I'm more than satisfied with his running game.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:12 pm

LRJets wrote:
wassejet wrote:
I agree.  To get any other QB then the aforementioned, I'd rather Geno stay, continue to develop, and build around him.  I'm more than satisfied with his running game.
I have to admit to being intrigued by Manziel. I've watched him play a few times this season. He's small and does not have a strong arm which ordinarily would disqualify him in my book. However he has unbelievable footwork, speed (4.45/40), pocket awareness and agility which translates into extending plays and also has an uncanny ability to find someone open downfield. In addition, he has a brash personality (a la Joe Namath) that's seems to be a perfect fit for NYC. I wouldn't put it pass the Jets to make a play for him. He certainly would sell tickets.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down