Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Adams

2 posters

Go down

Mike Adams Empty Mike Adams

Post by leejr Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We're going to see a new look for the Pittsburgh Steelers on the offensive line in 2013. Pro Bowl C Maurkice Pouncey will be back, but there is some debate over what's going to happen elsewhere, as free agency is going to take a bite out of the current depth.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Mike Adams Empty Re: Mike Adams

Post by RLON39 Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:06 am

I think it depends on how the draft shakes out. If the Steelers luck out of have LT Fisher available at 1-17 or Lane Johnson, who is left tackle capable, later, I think that rookie will compete with Gilbert, with Gilbert possibly losing the battle and competing with Beachum for the LG spot. If they draft Chance Waramack, which is very possible based on the BPA philosophy, he becomes the starting LG, and Gilbert likely gets the first shot, over Adams, for the blind side. Getting Fisher is a pipe dream, and Johnson, IMO, though possibly the next Joe Staley, may be a reach at 1-17.

I don't think they could pass on Warmack, as he is one of the top three players in this draft but likely to fall because of his position. If they draft Warmack, I think it is necessary to resign Starks and have him compete with Gilbert for that crucial LT slot.

The Steelers, for multiple reasons, could be in the surprising position of choosing between OLB Jarvis Jones and OG Warmack. Both are arguably top five, franchise-level talents.

Imagine the depth of this line?

Starks, Warmack, Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams

OT Gilbert, OT/G Beachum, and OG/C Legurski (or Melacki)

I don't know that I have much faith in Gilbert to handle being a starting left tackle, and I'd prefer Adams staying on the right side due to his run blocking prowess. I do think Adams will improve as a pass blocker if placed on the left side, but that seems unlikely to happen this coming year.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down