Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mendy Must Be Whodini. Expects To Play

2 posters

Go down

Mendy Must Be Whodini. Expects To Play Empty Mendy Must Be Whodini. Expects To Play

Post by leejr Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:23 am

TribLIVE.com Web Search by YAHOO!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Steelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, March 26, 2012

Photos
click to enlarge[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chaz Palla | Tribune-Review

In-depth Steelers

About the writer[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Scott Brown is the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Steelers beat writer and can be reached at 412-481-5432, via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Ways to get us

The Steelers expect running back Rashard Mendenhall to play in 2012. What they don't know is when or in what capacity. Mendenhall tore his ACL in the Steelers' regular-season finale, and general manager Kevin Colbert said later that the two-time, 1,000-yard rusher probably would need a year to fully recover.

"To clarify, what I said was I never think players coming off an ACL are 100 percent for a full year. It doesn't mean they can't play," Colbert said Sunday before the start of the NFL owners meetings. "At some point, we'll have Rashard back. I'm confident of that." Mendenhall, a first-round pick in 2008, is going into the final year of his contract.

>> Among the players the Steelers released earlier this month, James Farrior would be the most likely to return, given the team's lack of experience and depth at inside linebacker. But Colbert said that is a long shot, even though Farrior started for 10 consecutive seasons and made a pair of Pro Bowls before the Steelers released him.

"They know you never say never," Colbert said, "but they also know that we felt their time as Steelers was over. It was time for everyone to move on, and that's where we left off."

>> The Steelers are likely to receive no more than a seventh-round draft pick for their free-agent losses last year. Compensatory picks are awarded this week based on how many free agents a team lost and how many it signed the previous year. The Steelers lost tight end Matt Spaeth and defensive end Nick Eason to free agency. ... Former President Bill Clinton delivered the keynote speech Sunday night at an event kicking off the owners meetings
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Mendy Must Be Whodini. Expects To Play Empty Re: Mendy Must Be Whodini. Expects To Play

Post by RLON39 Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:08 am

They should cut him now, restructuring Polamalu and Clark. They are going to need the money eventually. Bottom line...I hate the way Mendy runs. If the Steelers give time to a back with that running style, he damn well better be a 4.3, 200 pounder with game breaking potential and excellent receiving skills. It's a bad fit with this line, right now, the hesitation and stop and go movements leading to a lot of behind the line of scrimmage tackles. And, just to add to that, the 9-11 comments were just stupidly narcissistic. I don't usually get bothered by those things, but I see know reason to keep him when an injury settlement can be reached.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Mendy Must Be Whodini. Expects To Play Empty Re: Mendy Must Be Whodini. Expects To Play

Post by leejr Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:14 am

They need money as we speak. Cut him. He dances before he even hit the hole. This is why he's hit in the backfield before the play develops
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:23 am

I say cut him. Redman is a far better back anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:30 am

Redman,north south runner as we all know.Mendy can and could be a great back. His problem he loves traveling east to west before going north and south lol
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm

leejr wrote:Redman,north south runner as we all know.Mendy can and could be a great back. His problem he loves traveling east to west before going north and south lol

I think once you tear your ACL, that it's really hard to get back to where you once were. It might be possible that Mendy can get back to his former self but there's a chance he may never be the back he once was. And with all the potential of the other backs they have, I think it would be a good decision for them to move on without him.

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 pm

No queston about it. With that injury, certain cuts he won't be able to do
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:28 pm

I don't want to simplify it too much, but cutting Mendy is really a no brainer.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down