Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cut Mendy if they can

3 posters

Go down

Cut Mendy if they can Empty Cut Mendy if they can

Post by leejr Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:49 am

<LI class="breadcrumb last pittsburgh-steelers" jQuery15206154030998524635="27"> </LI>

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pittsburgh Steelers: Rashard Mendenhall Reportedly Won't Be Healthy Until 2013

By
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.](Featured Columnist) on March 19, 2012

6,710 reads

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Justin K. Aller/Getty Images

After tearing his ACL, Pittsburgh Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall is not expected to be able to return to action next season.

This very well could signal the end of his career as a Steeler. This next season is the last on his current contract.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette relayed the news that Mendenhall is not expected to be ready for next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE>
Sources told me that the Steelers will not count on Mendenhall returning to form until at least the 2013 season.
</BLOCKQUOTE>
Mendenhall, 24, has played four seasons in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. All have been for the Steelers. He has rushed for 3,367 yards with 29 touchdowns. He has also been a solid threat receiving out of the backfield. He has amassed 599 receiving yards and added another TD.

After going over 1,000 yards for two straight seasons, Mendenhall narrowly missed last season by gaining 928 yards at 4.1 per carry over 15 games.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Doug Pensinger/Getty Images

The fact that he is not expected to be ready for next season likely means the Steelers are in the market for another running back in either free agency or the draft.

They have RB Isaac Redman, who has shown flashes in his two years with the Steelers. However, he has never shouldered the load of being a primary back and the Steelers do not have a proven player currently on their roster to back him up.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Cut Mendy if they can Empty Re: Cut Mendy if they can

Post by RLON39 Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:27 am

There is no reason to keep Mendy as a cap hit IMO. Furthermore, I for one am simply sick of his running style. At his size, he is an amazing athlete, but he'll never be a great running back because he is too much finesse at the expense of decisiveness and running with authority. For all of his attempts to break every run, when was the last time he really broke one? Sure, the OL is poor, but I'd much rather have RBs who have yet to show their ceiling, as I think it is clear that we've seen Mendy's ceiling, even before this injury. Furthermore, he is a moron who thinks he is some brand of philosophical genius....good riddance.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:31 pm

I dont think they can release Mendenhall because he is injured.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down