Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shields and Neal can suck it

3 posters

Go down

Shields and Neal can suck it Empty Shields and Neal can suck it

Post by JnC4GB Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:24 pm

Un-restricted free agents to be Sam Shields and Mike Neal both left the game for good in the first two plays of the Packer's playoff game versus the 49ers  due to "injuries." 

Both players post-game had their injuries described by medical staff as "non-serious" and neither had suffered a serious injury.

Neal was quoted as saying, "Honestly, in my heart I was at peace because I played 16 games. People didn’t think I could do that. I proved a lot of stuff to myself. Really in my heart I was at peace."

Both of these guys can go die in a fire as far as I'm concerned.

Fuck them.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Shields and Neal can suck it Empty Re: Shields and Neal can suck it

Post by MB20 Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:31 pm

Link?

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:25 am

JnC4GB wrote:Un-restricted free agents to be Sam Shields and Mike Neal both left the game for good in the first two plays of the Packer's playoff game versus the 49ers  due to "injuries." 

Both players post-game had their injuries described by medical staff as "non-serious" and neither had suffered a serious injury.

Neal was quoted as saying, "Honestly, in my heart I was at peace because I played 16 games. People didn’t think I could do that. I proved a lot of stuff to myself. Really in my heart I was at peace."

Both of these guys can go die in a fire as far as I'm concerned.

Fuck them.

Yeah, I know the un-restricted FA thing invites scrutiny and Neal's comment is provocatively inappropriate but c'mon JnC, let's not jump to conclusions here.  Do you really think they were pulling a Gabe Wilkins or just ducking the cold?  How do we know the Packers' medical staff didn't keep them out of the game?  If indeed they did wimp out, don't you think some of the other Packer players would call them out on it like Butler did to Wilkins in the Super Bowl?

Unless more stuff bubbles to the surface I still give them the benefit of the doubt.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:39 am

Duck, I reserve all rights to bitterly jump to conclusions to salve the sting of losing.  Cool 

David Bakhtiari got knocked out and came back to play later in the game. Then again, he's not an UFA this off-season...
And sorry, but when MRIs reveal no injury and player states they'd of played in the next game...that bugs me. Same way Rodger's QB slide on the 4 on our last offensive play bugged me.

I dunno, but it seems to me from TT and Fatty all the way down to our rookies there seems to be a case of luke-warm-itis going through this organization. I'd like to see more do-or-die passion...
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:40 am

MB20 wrote:Link?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:49 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Duck, I reserve all rights to bitterly jump to conclusions to salve the sting of losing.  Cool 

David Bakhtiari got knocked out and came back to play later in the game. Then again, he's not an UFA this off-season...
And sorry, but when MRIs reveal no injury and player states they'd of played in the next game...that bugs me. Same way Rodger's QB slide on the 4 on our last offensive play bugged me.

I dunno, but it seems to me from TT and Fatty all the way down to our rookies there seems to be a case of luke-warm-itis going through this organization. I'd like to see more do-or-die passion...

I couldn't agree more.  It's come up many times--people are too comfortable--too complacent.  Fatty was more than ready to move on to the off-season in the locker room after the Steelers game for God's sake--before he was even willing to play the chance that the Bears would lose later that night.  That's not rowing to where you need the boat to float...  This?  From your fearless leader?

From my perspective, this was Fatty's worst season as Coach in GB primarily related to 5 key problem areas:

*  I assess 35% of the injury probability on Fatty's off-season contact philosophy in limiting practice in pads...  The injuries,
    once again, proved DECIMATING.  Taken collectively with the consistent injuries way off the charts throughout Fatty's
    tenure--only an idiot doesn't start to consider what is systemically being done wrong that is contributing to it.

*  Outright failure in properly assessing the capability void at RT and Safety going into the season.  Both failures proved CRIPPLING.

*  Startling bouts with contrary logic in offensive play-calling--repeatedly reaching to *outsmart* conventional wisdom.  FAIL.

*  Content to frustrate his all-world QB and hold him out well beyond general reason.  Rodgers is no dummy, and Rodgers was right there
    to hear/see every single every single medical report and every single scan--and clearly was to the point where he couldn't contain his
    disgust in whatever reason/lack thereof Fatty was leveraging in continuing to keep him out until after the season just wouldn't die.
    ABSURD.

*  Failing to identify in the off-season the need to assert a fresh direction with new leadership on the D side of the ball.  The D this year
    was just a rewind of the year before.  INADEQUATE.    

The guy generally seems to get some things with time...but is just too fucking slow for my taste.  Beyond that--what are we-- 7-8 fucking years into his program?!  There are things on the above list that deserve no forgiveness for being there at this point...

Bottom line:  From about the middle of the season, as GM--I would have been very much under the radar been making assessments and, under confidentially agreements, selectively meeting with prospective coaches in due diligence to see if anybody out there proved to be a viable risk in jettisoning Fucky McFatty at season's end.  If so--you make the move.  If not--you continue the process until you've got your man ready to just identify the appropriate timing to pull the trigger from there.  These are SYSTEMIC inadequacies in McCarthy.  As such, they'll never go away--just rear their head in a new circumstance...  In any event--LAST SEASON for the fat man.  It's out of style to fat, slow and stupid in my world...

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:18 pm

I think it may have helped us more in the long run had we flamed out this season instead of squeaking into the playoffs and losing a nail-biter.

"Hey, we've Division Champs; we don't need to change a goddamn thing!"   Rolling Eyes
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:23 pm

JnC4GB wrote:I think it may have helped us more in the long run had we flamed out this season instead of squeaking into the playoffs and losing a nail-biter.

"Hey, we've Division Champs; we don't need to change a goddamn thing!"   Rolling Eyes

Exactly.  More stoking for the complacency fire as it will all be written off as an act of God with the injuries...   Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:26 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:Duck, I reserve all rights to bitterly jump to conclusions to salve the sting of losing.  Cool 

I couldn't agree more.  It's come up many times--people are too comfortable--too complacent.  Fatty was more than ready to move on to the off-season in the locker room after the Steelers game for God's sake--before he was even willing to play the chance that the Bears would lose later that night.  That's not rowing to where you need the boat to float...  This?  From your fearless leader?

From my perspective, this was Fatty's worst season as Coach in GB primarily related to 5 key problem areas:

*  I assess 35% of the injury probability on Fatty's off-season contact philosophy in limiting practice in pads...  The injuries,
    once again, proved DECIMATING.  Taken collectively with the consistent injuries way off the charts throughout Fatty's
    tenure--only an idiot doesn't start to consider what is systemically being done wrong that is contributing to it.

*  Outright failure in properly assessing the capability void at RT and Safety going into the season.  Both failures proved CRIPPLING.

*  Startling bouts with contrary logic in offensive play-calling--repeatedly reaching to *outsmart* conventional wisdom.  FAIL.

*  Content to frustrate his all-world QB and hold him out well beyond general reason.  Rodgers is no dummy, and Rodgers was right there
    to hear/see every single every single medical report and every single scan--and clearly was to the point where he couldn't contain his
    disgust in whatever reason/lack thereof Fatty was leveraging in continuing to keep him out until after the season just wouldn't die.
    ABSURD.

*  Failing to identify in the off-season the need to assert a fresh direction with new leadership on the D side of the ball.  The D this year
    was just a rewind of the year before.  INADEQUATE.    

The guy generally seems to get some things with time...but is just too fucking slow for my taste.  Beyond that--what are we-- 7-8 fucking years into his program?!  There are things on the above list that deserve no forgiveness for being there at this point...

Bottom line:  From about the middle of the season, as GM--I would have been very much under the radar been making assessments and, under confidentially agreements, selectively meeting with prospective coaches in due diligence to see if anybody out there proved to be a viable risk in jettisoning Fucky McFatty at season's end.  If so--you make the move.  If not--you continue the process until you've got your man ready to just identify the appropriate timing to pull the trigger from there.  These are SYSTEMIC inadequacies in McCarthy.  As such, they'll never go away--just rear their head in a new circumstance...  In any event--LAST SEASON for the fat man.  It's out of style to fat, slow and stupid in my world...

I can't believe there hasn't been a picture of Norm posted in this thread yet

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:59 pm

I can't believe there hasn't been a picture of Norm posted in this thread yet

LOL.  I'm sure everyone sees the connection.  Tough year.  Way under expectations.  Obviously the explanation for the disaster is that Rodgers went down and of course McCarthy is going to get a pass.  Duh.

However, on the barstools the mumbling and grumbling has already begun.  We're going to hear a lot of Fuck Fatty and Fuck Teddy stuff throughout the offseason.  Duh.  Paint thinner sales are up.  They may even reach the 2008 level when Favre was unloaded.

I'm gearing up for eight months of this.

Time for a beer.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down